Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 179708 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#137731 Jun 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You just keep making excuses and lame reasons so you can avoid the question because you can't do it.
It is what you have faith in and believe in. It is what you know is right and know so much about but you fail to answer one question. By avoiding the question that is equal to you running away.
Define evolution and define what it does/what it is about?
Listen dumbshit, I did not make excuses.

I said I wouldn't do it.

Do you understand the difference?

No, probably not. Of course that is one of the reasons that you are my bitch.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#137732 Jun 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want a link. Hellll I can find links on Superman and Spiderman. I want you to define it.
You have to say why you want the definition my bitch.

Why should we do anything that you ask us to do, much less demand that we do?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#137733 Jun 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen dumbshit, I did not make excuses.
I said I wouldn't do it.
Do you understand the difference?
No, probably not. Of course that is one of the reasons that you are my bitch.
You can't do it chicken shyt. You always boast on what you know, What you can teach but you can't even answer one question.

LMAO You can't even answer a question on what you 100% believe in.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#137734 Jun 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to say why you want the definition my bitch.
Why should we do anything that you ask us to do, much less demand that we do?
The question has been out there for 2 hours and all you still do is make lame excuses and run away from the question. You can't answer. Admit it. LMAO

Level 9

Everett, WA

#137735 Jun 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
It is amazing how the evoturds can't even answer one question of:
They make excuses. Post links. Avoid the Question. But none have an answer.
Sorry my bitch, I am on strike.

You know that I can answer your questions. I did it before when you were an idiot about fossils. I don't need Wiki to define evolution, but it is a very good place to start. You have your answer if you want it. Any answer you get will not be substantially different from what you would find there.

So my biatch, why should I help you? Or in other words, what have you done for me lately?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#137736 Jun 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't do it chicken shyt. You always boast on what you know, What you can teach but you can't even answer one question.
LMAO You can't even answer a question on what you 100% believe in.
Wrong again my bitch and you know it.

So what can you do for me except to dance to my little tune again?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#137737 Jun 21, 2013
A challenge to any evolutionist:

The name of the thread/room is "Should evolution be taught in high school?"

So Define evolution and define what it does/what it is about?

Since SucTheBone, Dodge'em and Mothra can't do it. All they do is make excuses not to answer, post a link, or runaway.

“Jon Snow”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#137738 Jun 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The question has been out there for 2 hours and all you still do is make lame excuses and run away from the question. You can't answer. Admit it. LMAO
Done told ya, it's the reason you snoz got two feet long, and if you keep on lying about evolution it may get to four feet long Pinocchio.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#137739 Jun 21, 2013
Ooh, I missed that Jim copied and pasted some of his old nonsense that only shows he is STILL a complete idiot.

Jimbo, "vacuum" is a relative term. There is no absolute vacuum anywhere.

And yes, the vacuum of space can still have a lot of dust in it.

There is on thing that space has a lot of. It is called volume or in other words space.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#137740 Jun 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
A challenge to any evolutionist:
The name of the thread/room is "Should evolution be taught in high school?"
So Define evolution and define what it does/what it is about?
Since SucTheBone, Dodge'em and Mothra can't do it. All they do is make excuses not to answer, post a link, or runaway.
There you go.

That's better, I asked for a reason and my bitch finally gave one.

Okay, this is informal, so if it is a little different from the official version sue me.

Evolution is the study of how species change over time. It explains how we got here. It explains how all of the life that you see got here.

One mistake that creatards often makes is that they think of evolution as happening to individuals when it happens to populations as a whole.

There you go my bitch.

By the way. Let me point out that as of this date evolution is winning this debate. How do I know? Look at what is taught in high schools today.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#137741 Jun 21, 2013
By the way my bitch, the accepted terminology for where we are in Topix is "thread". Chat "rooms" are where lonely adolescents go.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#137742 Jun 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go.
Okay, this is informal, so if it is a little different from the official version sue me.
Evolution is the study of how species change over time. It explains how we got here. It explains how all of the life that you see got here.
One mistake that creatards often makes is that they think of evolution as happening to individuals when it happens to populations as a whole.
There you go my bitch.
By the way. Let me point out that as of this date evolution is winning this debate. How do I know? Look at what is taught in high schools today.
Really that is the best you got? That is like saying it rains because the clouds have water vapor in them.

If you can't explain it better than that then you don't know much about it.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#137743 Jun 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want a link. Hellll I can find links on Superman and Spiderman. I want you to define it.
First, why don't you answer my questions:

1: Is poker random? Do I have an equal chance of winning the World Series of Poker as any other person including the world's greatest poker players?

2: Is chemistry random?

3: If random mutations result in non-random outcomes, is that process random or not?

4: Do you understand that "random" and "non-random" are at opposite ends of the dichotomy, not "random" and "directed?"

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#137744 Jun 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go.
There you go my bitch.
Cheap answer but you tried. What is the purpose of evolution? What does evolution do?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#137745 Jun 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Really that is the best you got? That is like saying it rains because the clouds have water vapor in them.
If you can't explain it better than that then you don't know much about it.
Like I said moron, that was the simple version.

What do you want to know my bitch?
HTS

Mandan, ND

#137746 Jun 21, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be glad you don't have to read your own posts. "roughly homologous to viruses" ROTFLMFAO. Hundreds of thousands of ERVs and they are ALL only "roughly homologous to virusues"! You are a hoot.
The ERV was sequenced from multiple copies of the genetic material in several different genomes to reconstruct the ERV without subsequent mutations.
Are you to stupid to understand what that means?
Your repetitive idiotic insults are only manifestations of your deep insecurity and frustration as your religion crumbles. ERVs are not identical to living retroviruses, so stop pretending that they are. If there is so much "overwhelming evidence" for your pet little theory, why do you feel a need to embellish and misrepresent facts?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#137747 Jun 21, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
First, why don't you answer my questions:
1: Is poker random? Do I have an equal chance of winning the World Series of Poker as any other person including the world's greatest poker players?
2: Is chemistry random?
3: If random mutations result in non-random outcomes, is that process random or not?
4: Do you understand that "random" and "non-random" are at opposite ends of the dichotomy, not "random" and "directed?"
I answered your poker question when you asked it. The cards you get are random, the cards you draw are random and the hands you make after the draw are random. Called the luck of the draw.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#137748 Jun 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheap answer but you tried. What is the purpose of evolution? What does evolution do?
What do you mean "purpose"? There is no more "purpose" to evolution than there is to gravity. You might as well ask "What is the purpose of gravity". You are trying to make evolution a god. It is only a natural process.

Second, evolution does not "do" anything. Again, it is simply a natural process.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#137749 Jun 21, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Your repetitive idiotic insults are only manifestations of your deep insecurity and frustration as your religion crumbles. ERVs are not identical to living retroviruses, so stop pretending that they are. If there is so much "overwhelming evidence" for your pet little theory, why do you feel a need to embellish and misrepresent facts?
No one has claimed that ERV's in the genome are identical to ERV's in nature. They are close enough so that it is obvious that the ERV's in our genome were once ERV's in nature. They do have to change a little bit to enter into our genome. They will also change internally over time. There is this process you should learn about it is called evolution.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#137750 Jun 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered your poker question when you asked it. The cards you get are random, the cards you draw are random and the hands you make after the draw are random. Called the luck of the draw.
That does not answer his question.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 4 min scientia potentia... 154,640
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 min Brian_G 48,440
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 33 min scientia potentia... 216,630
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 18 hr ChristineM 23,486
Might life have spontaneously have started mill... 20 hr It aint necessari... 638
Richard Dawkins tells the truth 21 hr Timmee 7
Science News (Sep '13) Fri _Susan_ 3,980
More from around the web