Should evolution be taught in high school?

Feb 24, 2008 | Posted by: Cash | Full story: www.scientificblogging.com

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Comments (Page 6,340)

Showing posts 126,781 - 126,800 of168,566
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Life is a learning highway”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

that too many get lost on

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Measuring temperature is not the same as regulating it.
Then you step up and have a chance to shine. Tell me how a egg timer measures temperature or has anything to do with temperature. It does not. it only is about time that times things due to a set temperature.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is not science. Evolution is science. You just want the children indoctrinated into your religion. So okay, a compromise, let's teach the religion of Aztec along with evolution.
Again that is based on your opinion. So by your opinion you are not offering the believers a choice. Pretty one sided is what you boil down to.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The pyramids have been around a lot longer and have not been altered thousands of times. Those have not changed for thousands of years, would you go to a brain surgeon who only uses information in those?
Do you think that the first computer is just as good as the one you are using now? If you think the bible is perfect because it never changes, ignoring the very fact that your cult leaders change it all the time and so do you, then you should also be using an original computer. On the plus side, those original models do not run on that "demonic" electricity science has figured out for you.
Uhm I don't have any cult leaders. Fact being I don't even go to church. My church is where I choose to talk and address God. My gathering of the crowd is when I am with my kids and friends and we speak of God. Church is full of hypocrites and is ran as a business. The evil power of money and greed has taken over most churches. I give my time to help the needy, buy meals for the homeless, and help my neighbors. To me that is my tithe. Put the money and time to use were it is needed.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you step up and have a chance to shine. Tell me how a egg timer measures temperature or has anything to do with temperature. It does not. it only is about time that times things due to a set temperature.
I like you, you people make me feel like a genius, because you always ask such idiotic questions, a drawback to living in your caves. But I am delaying now, just relishing in the fact that this very basic concept escapes you.

The stove does NOT regulate anything, it merely produces heat, the amount of heat it produces per moment is based on the setting. Now onto the bulk of your ignorance.

Any object at one temperature will not just "change temperatures," it must heat up or cool down. This takes time, the specific amount of time is based on the density and chemical composition of the object. When surrounded by boiling temperatures (the point in which water boils) and egg takes a specific amount of time to reach the temperature in which it is considered "fully cooked," an arbitrary point. The timer measures the amount of time in which the egg's temperature reaches that point. Time measures everything, idiot.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm I don't have any cult leaders. Fact being I don't even go to church. My church is where I choose to talk and address God. My gathering of the crowd is when I am with my kids and friends and we speak of God. Church is full of hypocrites and is ran as a business. The evil power of money and greed has taken over most churches. I give my time to help the needy, buy meals for the homeless, and help my neighbors. To me that is my tithe. Put the money and time to use were it is needed.
The bible was written by cult leaders, so you do have cult leaders, and it is their words you are adhering to.

You failed to answer the one question, why don't you use the first computer ever built instead of the one you do use?

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I like you, you people make me feel like a genius, because you always ask such idiotic questions, a drawback to living in your caves. But I am delaying now, just relishing in the fact that this very basic concept escapes you.
The stove does NOT regulate anything, it merely produces heat, the amount of heat it produces per moment is based on the setting. Now onto the bulk of your ignorance.
Any object at one temperature will not just "change temperatures," it must heat up or cool down. This takes time, the specific amount of time is based on the density and chemical composition of the object. When surrounded by boiling temperatures (the point in which water boils) and egg takes a specific amount of time to reach the temperature in which it is considered "fully cooked," an arbitrary point. The timer measures the amount of time in which the egg's temperature reaches that point. Time measures everything, idiot.
Who mentioned stove besides you? But you still are side stepping the question about how the timer, which only has to do with time and only matters to a set has temperature. Higher altitude will make a difference, a gas or electric stove would make a difference, the thickness of the pan would make a difference ect ect. One thing I will give you an A+ at is side stepping and talking around but never answering any questions. You have that down to a science. lol

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible was written by cult leaders, so you do have cult leaders, and it is their words you are adhering to.
You failed to answer the one question, why don't you use the first computer ever built instead of the one you do use?
Again hat is your belief but it does not make it true.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Who mentioned stove besides you? But you still are side stepping the question about how the timer, which only has to do with time and only matters to a set has temperature. Higher altitude will make a difference, a gas or electric stove would make a difference, the thickness of the pan would make a difference ect ect. One thing I will give you an A+ at is side stepping and talking around but never answering any questions. You have that down to a science. lol
Wow, you are a moron.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again hat is your belief but it does not make it true.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see. 1. Who has it? 2. Where is it? 3. Does it still work. 4. has it been updated? 5. How much space does it take up? 6. did they evolve it as they should have or is it now considered devolved and no longer needed? You see you ask such shallow questions that Really don't have an answer. Again you are good at side stepping questions, name calling and trying to push your belief. To bad you failed at life as a whole for you are an idiot. LMFAO

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me sum your life up for you. You have been a registered member of topix for 13 months. In that 13 months you have made 18,612 comments. That would be an average of 1431 comments a month, that would be an average of 48 comments a day, that would be an average of 2 comments an hour. So it is easy to see you have no life but this cyber life you chase and play. What a sad life you live. LMFAO

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me sum your life up for you. You have been a registered member of topix for 13 months. In that 13 months you have made 18,612 comments. That would be an average of 1431 comments a month, that would be an average of 48 comments a day, that would be an average of 2 comments an hour. So it is easy to see you have no life but this cyber life you chase and play. What a sad life you live. LMFAO

I bet if you are married or have kids that your spouse and/or kids are proud of you for the way you have spent your last 13 months of your life in a cyber world of fantasy setting on your A$$ in front of a computer. LMMFAO

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see. 1. Who has it? 2. Where is it? 3. Does it still work. 4. has it been updated? 5. How much space does it take up? 6. did they evolve it as they should have or is it now considered devolved and no longer needed? You see you ask such shallow questions that Really don't have an answer. Again you are good at side stepping questions, name calling and trying to push your belief. To bad you failed at life as a whole for you are an idiot. LMFAO
Updated = changed, improved.
Unchanged = static, never improving.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Updated = changed, improved.
Unchanged = static, never improving.
Again you are side stepping questions and just spewing out blah blah blah. But that is expected of you. LMAO

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet if you are married or have kids that your spouse and/or kids are proud of you for the way you have spent your last 13 months of your life in a cyber world of fantasy setting on your A$$ in front of a computer. LMMFAO
Close, but not yet accurate. I don't want to be "married," I do not enjoy slavery. I don't like sexual activity in any way, thus no chance of me even breeding, it's a waste of time. Online activity is your life now, welcome to the future, leave your superstitions at the door. Sad? That's a matter of opinion only, I learn more every day than you have in your entire lifetime, that's been demonstrated.

Now my turn. You are so impotent that your entire mode of control is to post online, because it is the only place where most people cannot see how much of a pathetic loser you are. You want to breed, but due to your lack of any intelligence no one is impressed with you enough to give you that chance. You wasted your life and now cling to a religion that says being an idiot is a good thing simply so you do not have to face the fact that you are incapable of learning anything. Then you think you're so smart, asking inane questions as if you can stump people more intelligent than you, yet all you do is betray how much of a total idiot you are. Your IQ tests likely scored in the double digits your entire life.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you are side stepping questions and just spewing out blah blah blah. But that is expected of you. LMAO
You avoided my points first.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Close, but not yet accurate. I don't want to be "married," I do not enjoy slavery. I don't like sexual activity in any way, thus no chance of me even breeding, it's a waste of time. Online activity is your life now, welcome to the future, leave your superstitions at the door. Sad? That's a matter of opinion only, I learn more every day than you have in your entire lifetime, that's been demonstrated.
Now my turn. You are so impotent that your entire mode of control is to post online, because it is the only place where most people cannot see how much of a pathetic loser you are. You want to breed, but due to your lack of any intelligence no one is impressed with you enough to give you that chance. You wasted your life and now cling to a religion that says being an idiot is a good thing simply so you do not have to face the fact that you are incapable of learning anything. Then you think you're so smart, asking inane questions as if you can stump people more intelligent than you, yet all you do is betray how much of a total idiot you are. Your IQ tests likely scored in the double digits your entire life.
I would guess no one ever wanted to breed or marry your sorry A$$.

But posting online I am open to millions of people that can say what they think of me, so it is not hiding.

I have two beautiful daughters that have brought more smiles and joy to my life than your cyber world ever will.

I have learned more in 10 years than you will ever learn in a lifetime. For I not only ask questions, I look for answers and give answers when I can.
As far as my IQ, they tested me back in 8th grade, it was only 139 but I know you must have a greater one than that.

My beliefs are what I believe in and it does not matter if you agree or not. You travel your path and I will travel mine. One thing for sure I know is if there is a heaven I will never see you idiotic A$$ there. LMMFAO

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The happy medium is teach and offer both religion and evolution. That way they can take and study which one they believe and no one feels left out, let down or discriminated against.
And that would be illegal.

As it stands creation and ID are religious teachings, they are not science.

Did you not read and understand my post?

Oh wait, you are a creatard so no, it was beyond you.

Unless creatardism and IDiocy are approached and studied as science they are religious in nature and illegal to teach.

Go back and try again.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And that would be illegal.
As it stands creation and ID are religious teachings, they are not science.
Did you not read and understand my post?
Oh wait, you are a creatard so no, it was beyond you.
Unless creatardism and IDiocy are approached and studied as science they are religious in nature and illegal to teach.
Go back and try again.
The legality of it is the problem. No one tries to sue over teaching evolution but you tards sue like crazy when it comes to teaching religion. What I said is it would be best if they could FREELY choose between one or the other. Not MADE to choose between one or the other. You see we have this thing God gave us called free will, which lets us freely choose. But then again I know you don't believe in that so I am wasting my time.

Level 5

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You avoided my points first.
Complete pusssseeee copout. But again that is expected of you. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 126,781 - 126,800 of168,566
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••