Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 180279 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#128751 Apr 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, only a small part of the island city is under water.
Ancient Tyre is indeed rebuilt. The prophecy does not say anything about only part of it being rebuilt, it was rather clear on that point.
I hope your buddy is not as big of a fool as you are. Of course religion can turn the seemingly most competent person into a fool.
Ain't that the truth.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#128752 Apr 29, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Bud
Your bozo does not even identify himself
Straight off fail
Neither do you, hypocrite.
The gentleman I linked is clearly identified
The "gentleman" you linked made several gross errors that I pointed out. You don't have to trust me, just check with historians who are not blinded by religion.
He is a Biblical archaeologist
And I see you admit that he is a biased fool.
I have met this lovely gentleman
Do I detect a touch of latent homosexuality?
He is not wrong
He is most definitively wrong.
Otherwise, please provide me with your evidence
I alsred have. And you still have no clue about what is or is not evidence. Straight out fail for Squishy.
This forum is FACT based
Then whhy do you deny facts all of the time?
Not your wishful thinking, if's and's but's and could'ves, would'ves
You are projecting again.
Many nations..........
..........is many nations
And Nebby was the head of many nations. Two nations, nor even three count as "many". You are trying to trivialize the prophesy. That means you are trying to make it a failed prophesy.

Why are you trying to make a failed prophesy a failed prophesy?
Bad luck, old chap
What do you mean? I won. You had had your ass beaten, taken around the block, stuffed in an old car, and lit on fire. I have not seen a more epic fail than yours.

Yes, this forum is supposed to be fact based. Yet you creatards deny undeniable facts every day.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#128753 Apr 29, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
No
He is clearly defined as the destroyer of the mainland
"7 “For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: From the north I am going to bring against Tyre Nebuchadnezzar[b] king of Babylon, king of kings, with horses and chariots, with horsemen and a great army.
8 He will ravage your settlements on the mainland with the sword...."
There it is
Black and white
"He will ravage your settlements on the mainland with the sword..."
Idiot, we have never denied that part of the prophesy. Please keep up. That much was fairly obvious, making it not even a real prophesy.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#128754 Apr 29, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a failed prophesy if you deny all facts, deny history, deny the evidence, stand on your head, squint your eyes and apologise to your brother and admit he is right
Exactly wrong by 180 degrees.

It is only a fulfilled prophecy if you ignore facts,deny history and reject the Bible.

You should apologize to your mother. If possible you should crawl back inside her and die.
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

#128755 Apr 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nebby represented many nations.
Remember your own God Damned Bible calls him "king of kings".
Why would God damn His own Word?

You are a fool to discredit the MOST valuable object in the Universe
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And since when does two nations count as "many"?
And that is only a small part of my case.
The island was not leveled.
It was rebuilt.
We know where it is today.
A failed prophesy even if I let you cheat.
No you are fooling yourself

MANY NATIONS means just that

MANY NATIONS

Do you do any reading at all?

“Tyre was involved in the war which arose between the Persians and Evagorus of Cyprus” in which the king of Egypt “took Tyre by assault”(p. 52).

Sixty years later, in 332, Alexander the Great besieged Tyre and crushed it (see below for further elaboration).

Soon after this defeat, Ptolemy of Egypt conquered and subjugated Tyre until about 315 B.C. when Atigonus of Syria besieged Tyre for 15 months and captured it (Fleming, p. 65).

In fact, Tyre was contested by so many foreign forces that Fleming wrote:“It seemed ever the fate of the Phoenician cities to be between an upper and a nether millstone”(p. 66).

Babylon, Syria, Egypt, Rome, Greece, Armenia, and Persia are but a sampling of the “many nations” that had a part in the ultimate destruction of Tyre. Thus, Ezekiel’s prophecy about “many nations” remains as a historical reality that cannot be successfully gainsaid."

Therefore

"Babylon, Syria, Egypt, Rome, Greece, Armenia, and Persia are but a sampling..." of the many nations that attacked, besieged and ultimately destroyed Tyre

https://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.as...

----------
This was the very first link I had provided in this discussion
You have quite obviously not bothered to read it
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

#128756 Apr 29, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Ain't that the truth.
Oh dear

Here's the wet lettuce
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

#128757 Apr 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, only a small part of the island city is under water.
Ancient Tyre is indeed rebuilt. The prophecy does not say anything about only part of it being rebuilt, it was rather clear on that point.
I hope your buddy is not as big of a fool as you are. Of course religion can turn the seemingly most competent person into a fool.
My marine archaeologist buddy is a Muslim

You're a fool, SZ

You're desperate for me to believe in your lies and falsehoods

Its never going to happen
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

#128758 Apr 29, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And as soon as you can name a single technology, innovation, or medical treatment that has come about as a result of that "research," you'll start to have a point.
The modern scientific method

This is by a hostile witness

http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2012/...
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

#128759 Apr 29, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly wrong by 180 degrees.
It is only a fulfilled prophecy if you ignore facts,deny history and reject the Bible.
You should apologize to your mother. If possible you should crawl back inside her and die.
Unrighteous ire....

It only makes me laugh

You're wrong on TWO forums, SZ

Oh The shame

Level 9

Everett, WA

#128760 Apr 29, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would God damn His own Word?
You are a fool to discredit the MOST valuable object in the Universe
<quoted text>
No you are fooling yourself
MANY NATIONS means just that
MANY NATIONS
Do you do any reading at all?
“Tyre was involved in the war which arose between the Persians and Evagorus of Cyprus” in which the king of Egypt “took Tyre by assault”(p. 52).
Sixty years later, in 332, Alexander the Great besieged Tyre and crushed it (see below for further elaboration).
Soon after this defeat, Ptolemy of Egypt conquered and subjugated Tyre until about 315 B.C. when Atigonus of Syria besieged Tyre for 15 months and captured it (Fleming, p. 65).
In fact, Tyre was contested by so many foreign forces that Fleming wrote:“It seemed ever the fate of the Phoenician cities to be between an upper and a nether millstone”(p. 66).
Babylon, Syria, Egypt, Rome, Greece, Armenia, and Persia are but a sampling of the “many nations” that had a part in the ultimate destruction of Tyre. Thus, Ezekiel’s prophecy about “many nations” remains as a historical reality that cannot be successfully gainsaid."
Therefore
"Babylon, Syria, Egypt, Rome, Greece, Armenia, and Persia are but a sampling..." of the many nations that attacked, besieged and ultimately destroyed Tyre
https://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.as...
----------
This was the very first link I had provided in this discussion
You have quite obviously not bothered to read it
Why would God damn the Bible? Because it is not his word of course.

What makes you think the Bible is God's Word? That sounds like blasphemy to me. The Bible is full of flaws and contradictions. It is sad to hear you claim that God's Word is full of flaws and contradictions.

And of course I have been reading fool. It is clear that you have not.

Do you understand how you trivialize the prophesy by trying to extend its time period?

Why try to complicate the obvious? Many nations clearly meant Nebby and the many nations that he led.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#128761 Apr 29, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
My marine archaeologist buddy is a Muslim
You're a fool, SZ
You're desperate for me to believe in your lies and falsehoods
Its never going to happen
And why wouldn't a Muslim be any more misled than a Christian?

No, you are clearly a fool Squishy. You have demonstrated that time and again. In fact you showed that when you earned the nickname "Squishy".

I really don't care what you believe.

Why would I care what a backwards yahoo in a country where everybody is upside down cares?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#128762 Apr 29, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Unrighteous ire....
It only makes me laugh
Oh The shame
And you are still 180 degrees out of shame. I am correct on two forums.

Of course you are an idiot on every forum that you participate in Squishy.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#128763 Apr 29, 2013
“This message came to me concerning Damascus:‘Look, Damascus will disappear! It will become a heap of ruins. The cities of Aroer will be deserted. Sheep will graze in the streets and lie down unafraid. There will be no one to chase them away. The fortified cities of Israel will also be destroyed, and the power of Damascus will end. The few left in Aram will share the fate of Israel’s departed glory,’ says the Lord Almighty.” Isaiah 17:1-3 (NLT)

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#128764 Apr 29, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Unrighteous ire....
It only makes me laugh
Oh The shame
He shall pass through the sea of troubles and strike down the waves of the sea, and all the depths of the Nile shall be dried up. The pride of Assyria shall be laid low, and the scepter of Egypt shall depart Zechariah 10:11

Never happened.
………………….
Therefore, behold, I am against you and against your streams, and I will make the land of Egypt an utter waste and desolation, from Migdol to Syene, as far as the border of Cush. Ezekiel 29:10

Never happened

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#128765 Apr 30, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
They do...
Nope, they have not, there has not yet been any evidence submitted for creationism at all. So where is the evidence?
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

#128766 Apr 30, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
He shall pass through the sea of troubles and strike down the waves of the sea, and all the depths of the Nile shall be dried up. The pride of Assyria shall be laid low, and the scepter of Egypt shall depart Zechariah 10:11
Never happened.
………………….
Therefore, behold, I am against you and against your streams, and I will make the land of Egypt an utter waste and desolation, from Migdol to Syene, as far as the border of Cush. Ezekiel 29:10
Never happened
Firstly

Are we now on speaking terms?

Secondly

If you plan to debate me, don't plan on spitting the dummy like last time

I don't debate babies....altho' with SZ, I have made an exception

Debating two babies at the same time will be very irritating

Agreed?
Level 6

Since: Aug 07

Miami, FL

#128767 Apr 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, they have not, there has not yet been any evidence submitted for creationism at all. So where is the evidence?
Everywhere.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#128768 Apr 30, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Everywhere.
Then why can't you present any?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#128769 Apr 30, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly
Are we now on speaking terms?
Secondly
If you plan to debate me, don't plan on spitting the dummy like last time
I don't debate babies....altho' with SZ, I have made an exception
Debating two babies at the same time will be very irritating
Agreed?
So you concur that those "prophecies" never happened.
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

#128770 Apr 30, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are still 180 degrees out of shame. I am correct on two forums.
Of course you are an idiot on every forum that you participate in Squishy.
I am not a forum fairy like you

This is the only forum I am on

Well, in and around...

There's nothing Squishy about me

As I've said before, the only squishy thing around here ...is your head

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min ChromiuMan 218,779
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 28 min 15th Dalai Lama 157,531
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 39 min Regolith Based Li... 51,907
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 59 min scientia potentia... 24,734
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) 18 hr scientia potentia... 98
News Darwin's Doubt: Giving a Case for Intelligent D... 18 hr scientia potentia... 1
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 23 hr Dogen 1,137
More from around the web