Should evolution be taught in high school?

Feb 24, 2008 Full story: www.scientificblogging.com 173,750

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand." Full Story
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

#128187 Apr 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Oops, more bad news for Squishy.
It turns out ancient Ushu is modern day Rachidye. It has been rebuilt too:
https://maps.google.com/maps...
Hang on

Are you saying the Ushu is Old Tyre?
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

#128188 Apr 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
If you check out Squishy's links you will see that he has shot himself in the foot yet again.
Who else likes the nickname "Squishy"?
I like it

But you are still wrong

Here's yet more confirmation

"Map of Tyre before 332 BC. Prior to Alexander the Great’s construction of the causeway, Tyre was an island 1/3 mi (600 m) offshore (Tyre-the-Port). The mainland city was located several miles to the south."

From here

http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2009/12/...

==========

Just because a site is discordant with the thesis you are trying vainly to build does not make it a "lying" site

Have you any idea how to debate?

How old are you?
Russell

Adelaide, Australia

#128189 Apr 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care that much about the city that led to Tyre's formation. The only ones I have seen call if "Paleo-Tyre" are admitted liars for Jesus. The history books all call it Ushu. Cities names can change as the years go by. The articles you listed said that the city on the land was called Ushu and is called Rachidiyeh today. Hey look! It has been rebult!:
https://maps.google.com/maps...
The very comment of mine you have just responded to has an Archaeological paper referring to Ushu as Paleo-tyre

So

There lies ....along side ancient Tyre......your whole argument......crumbled ruins.......

And in the case of Tyre..........NEVER rebuilt

There's nothing for archaeologists to dig out.....

There's nothing left of the ancient city
Mugwump

Manchester, UK

#128190 Apr 26, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>

The nucleotide sequence, by virtue of its existence, rather defies the rules of chemistry
What?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#128191 Apr 26, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it
But you are still wrong
Here's yet more confirmation
"Map of Tyre before 332 BC. Prior to Alexander the Great’s construction of the causeway, Tyre was an island 1/3 mi (600 m) offshore (Tyre-the-Port). The mainland city was located several miles to the south."
From here
http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2009/12/...
==========
Just because a site is discordant with the thesis you are trying vainly to build does not make it a "lying" site
Have you any idea how to debate?
How old are you?
Squishy, you should have noticed that the so called land based for runner of Tyre was not called Tyre. By the time of Nebby Tyre was the island city and the city on the shore that was Tyre's forrunner was called Ushu or Usu depending upon your source. It was not called Tyre.

And once more read your God Damned Bible. The Bible itself calls the city island Tyre but does not name the minor land based cities. In fact the Bible calls those "daughter cities". We now know according to you that the Bible did not even get that right.

So we can find where the land based city supposed was, and guess what? It has been rebuilt too.

Another epic fail brought to you by....Squishy, aka rusty.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#128192 Apr 26, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
The very comment of mine you have just responded to has an Archaeological paper referring to Ushu as Paleo-tyre
So
There lies ....along side ancient Tyre......your whole argument......crumbled ruins.......
And in the case of Tyre..........NEVER rebuilt
There's nothing for archaeologists to dig out.....
There's nothing left of the ancient city
Yes, they called Usu or Ushu that. The residents never did. They named it for convenience, nothing more. You made the mistake that that was they Tyre of the Bible. It clearly isn't.

Your reading comprehension is still about zero isn't it Squishy?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#128193 Apr 26, 2013
Squishy, you keep trying to take Zeke's prophesy and force it into reality.

That is not how prophesy works.

First a prophesy is supposed to be of a significant event. If you can name who and when a city is going to be overthrown that would be a prophesy. For example if you could predict when Zebby would defeat Tyre. He didn't by the way. All the historians will tell you that his goal escaped him.

Extending it out to Alex the G takes it out of the realm of prophesy. It is no longer a significant event since every city in the area has been destroyed, ran sacked, etc. by then. If we give a city in an area that is war torn sooner or later it will be defeated.

Worse yet we have shown you time after time that the city in the prophesy is the island. Do you want to see the verses again. The land based forerunner of Tyre is called Paleo-Tyre by today's archaeologists it was not called Tyre by people of the tine. As a city it had a different name.

Your own sources say that paleo-Tyre has been rebuilt. They give the name of the modern town at the site. Once again, people live there. Not in tents, in buildings. There building were, one guess come on, you can do it, it starts with the letter "B" .... that's right, these buildings were built. There fore even pale-Tyre has been rebuilt.

As I said, you are full of fail.
Mugwump

London, UK

#128194 Apr 26, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
I have read it
I am not satisfied
Why is DNA not a code?
Ahhh, I see the problem, you don't understand the concept of a debate.

If you arnt satisfied with someone's argument , you explain why - it's not debating to say 'nope' and ask the same question again.

Clarification bought to you by mugwumpdictionaryservices.com

Level 6

Since: Aug 07

Arlington, VA

#128195 Apr 26, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
In a quaternary code, 0, 1, 2, 3 are arbitrary values.
In DNA, A, G, T, C are NOT arbitrary bases.
Not the symbols, but the values, are arbitrary in this context.
It would be nice if you'd learn something...ANYTHING...from the centuries of education you're exposed to here on a daily basis, rather than ignoring it all in favor of ancient Middle Eastern campfire stories.
All you know how to do is twist facts around and commit logical falacies because your whole worldview is based on fiction.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#128196 Apr 26, 2013
Who really gives a crap what the Greeks called it? We call a city in Germany Cologne when it is properly Köln. The pronunciation is quite different. I figure the German know what their own city is called just well as the ancient Tyrians did.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#128197 Apr 26, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
All you know how to do is twist facts around and commit logical falacies because your whole worldview is based on fiction.
Yet you can't articulate how it's a fiction, nor any of the fallacies. You just state it and think that covers it.

Level 6

Arlington, VA

#128198 Apr 26, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you can't articulate how it's a fiction, nor any of the fallacies. You just state it and think that covers it.
My comment is based on a long dubious track record of dodging, deceit, deception, and ad hominem. For example, the current unresolved issues are:

o desparate, repeated failed attempts (Zone) to discredit the fullfilled Tyre Prophesy,

o failure (Zone, Dogen, Christine) to present any evidence of bat evolution,

o failure (Zone, Dogen) to present any evidence of feather evolution; and,

o refusal/denial (Mike) to acknowledge accept/reject the way the genetic code and DNA parallels to the quaternary numeral system.

Numerous other similar examples.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#128199 Apr 26, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
My comment is based on a long dubious track record of dodging, deceit, deception, and ad hominem. For example, the current unresolved issues are:
o desparate, repeated failed attempts (Zone) to discredit the fullfilled Tyre Prophesy,
o refusal/denial (Mike) to acknowledge accept/reject the way the genetic code and DNA parallels to the quaternary numeral system.
{yawn}

Level 9

Everett, WA

#128200 Apr 26, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have that backwards Urb.

On Tyre:

There has been no desperation on my part. Quite a lot of laughter at your sides idiocy and Squishy's constant shooting himself in the foot, but no desperation.

The only reason I have "failed" is due to Squishy and your Black Knight tactics.

On evidence for evolution:

I have given and have offered to give evidence for evolution many many times over. Since your side is full of liars to DEMAND evidence they must now pass a simple class on what is or is not evidence so they cannot hide in ignorance about evidence anymore. Your refusal to take the class shows that you would rather live in willful ignorance than to learn the truth. If you are ignorant you can at least deny evolution without consciously breaking the Ninth Commandment. You do keep breaking it unconsciously with almost ever post.

The same applies to feather evolution. For evidence you must pass the course.

And Mike has answered your idiotic questions about why DNA is not a code many times. You simply do not like the answer.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#128201 Apr 26, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment was about ME, not about them, asshat.

Level 6

Arlington, VA

#128202 Apr 26, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have that backwards Urb.
On Tyre:
There has been no desperation on my part. Quite a lot of laughter at your sides idiocy and Squishy's constant shooting himself in the foot, but no desperation.
The only reason I have "failed" is due to Squishy and your Black Knight tactics.
On evidence for evolution:
I have given and have offered to give evidence for evolution many many times over. Since your side is full of liars to DEMAND evidence they must now pass a simple class on what is or is not evidence so they cannot hide in ignorance about evidence anymore. Your refusal to take the class shows that you would rather live in willful ignorance than to learn the truth. If you are ignorant you can at least deny evolution without consciously breaking the Ninth Commandment. You do keep breaking it unconsciously with almost ever post.
The same applies to feather evolution. For evidence you must pass the course.
And Mike has answered your idiotic questions about why DNA is not a code many times. You simply do not like the answer.
Status unchanged...

Level 6

Arlington, VA

#128203 Apr 26, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comment was about ME, not about them, asshat.
Those were the current examples but you are definitely included in the referenced long track record. Evolution has failed all of you.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#128204 Apr 26, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were the current examples but you are definitely included in the referenced long track record. Evolution has failed all of you.
Like I said, you can't articulate my fallacies.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#128205 Apr 26, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
This is about the funniest thing YOU could say.
We see you are sitting atop a humongous pile of logical fallacy saying it too. lol

Level 9

Everett, WA

#128206 Apr 26, 2013
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Status unchanged...
Yes, we know that you are still a lying, dishonest creatard.

Urb, the first step in learning is admitting your mistakes.

For example, modern day archaeologists sometimes call modern day archaeologists sometimes call Ushu "paleo-Tyre". That is just their way of noting that there was a city before Tyre of importance in the area. It was where the settlement and building of Tyre was began from. There is no record that the city was ever called any form of the word "Tyre". It was Usu or Ushu depending upon the language it was written in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ushu

Of course we don't even need the fact that the land based city was never called Tyre. Read the God Damned Bible. It will tell you in several different places that the city Tyre is the island Tyre. And not just in the prophecy by Zeke.

Even the dishonest sites that Squish looks for will not claim that the land based city was called Tyre. They might try to call it "Paleo-Tyre" but if pressed they admit that it was either Usu or Ushu.

So the city of prophecy was never swept clean. It was rebuilt from its damages for Alex the G's attack. It did come into trading prominence again as time went on. All the prophesies of significance against Tyre failed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Difficulty Loading Topix Pages 17 min Gillette 8
New review critical of "Origins" 32 min DanFromSmithville 21
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Dogen 116,683
Need clarification on evolution 7 hr Dogen 7
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 7 hr Chimney1 517
Darwin on the rocks 7 hr Dogen 1
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) Thu Chimney1 137,094
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••