Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 179708 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#126732 Apr 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I know I'm nuts but I'm also lucid. If you're a Christian you're projecting, you take verses out of context and say they were fulfilled.
Susan, is 1.10 greater than, less than, or equal to 1.1? This is important.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#126733 Apr 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>If you look up idol in a dictionary it says, an image of a god, used as an instrument or object of worship. In monotheistic belief, any heathen deity.
No...prove what you said. The dictionary doesn't prove anything about anything, except the meaning of words as they are used. Where is the evidence that supports your claim? Prove to us, with EVIDENCE, that your God of the Bible exists, that your God is the only supernatural being that exists, and that Thor is not real.

Don't worry...I'll wait.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#126734 Apr 12, 2013
russell wrote:
<quoted text>
I have distinct evidence in my life that God keeps His promises
I'll tell you about it one day.....maybe never...
The reality is that there are no half measures
You are either FOR God or AGAINST Him
When against Him you are in the default state of alignment with the devil
Great measures are taken to keep you there, unknown to you
There is a Battle for your soul
Why would anyone deny God?
Saul thought he was all for the Lord and His work while slaughtering and arresting members of the new Chrsitian sect
He was shocked by his encounter with the Living God, Jesus, resurrected from death, on the road to Emmaeus
He was converted
Turned a 180 degrees....going from killing and threatening Christians, to preaching Christianity
Eyes can be blinded
Ears can be sealed off against the things of God
So, why would an all powerful God make a personal appearance to only Saul and not everyone else? Sounds like Bull crap to me!!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126735 Apr 12, 2013
russell wrote:
<quoted text>
I have distinct evidence in my life that God keeps His promises
I'll tell you about it one day.....maybe never...
The reality is that there are no half measures
You are either FOR God or AGAINST Him
When against Him you are in the default state of alignment with the devil
Great measures are taken to keep you there, unknown to you
There is a Battle for your soul
Why would anyone deny God?
Saul thought he was all for the Lord and His work while slaughtering and arresting members of the new Chrsitian sect
He was shocked by his encounter with the Living God, Jesus, resurrected from death, on the road to Emmaeus
He was converted
Turned a 180 degrees....going from killing and threatening Christians, to preaching Christianity
Eyes can be blinded
Ears can be sealed off against the things of God
Deafness and blindness is a spiritual condition and the Messiah was deaf and blind before her calling. "Who is blind as my servant or deaf as my messenger that I sent? Who is as blind as he that is perfect and blind as the Lords servant. Seeing many things but you observe not, opening the ears but he hears not..." A lot of people believed in the Messiah before she did and scripture has been being fulfilled throughout her entire life. "In your book all my members were written..."
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126736 Apr 12, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
So, why would an all powerful God make a personal appearance to only Saul and not everyone else? Sounds like Bull crap to me!!
You also have to ask yourself, why would God only appear to certain of his followers at his alleged resurrection? I would appear to the Jewish hierarchy who didn't believe in me.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126737 Apr 12, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Susan, is 1.10 greater than, less than, or equal to 1.1? This is important.
Equal to, you can add as many zeroes as you want to. I was a math whiz in high school, that and science were my best subjects.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126738 Apr 12, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
No...prove what you said. The dictionary doesn't prove anything about anything, except the meaning of words as they are used. Where is the evidence that supports your claim? Prove to us, with EVIDENCE, that your God of the Bible exists, that your God is the only supernatural being that exists, and that Thor is not real.
Don't worry...I'll wait.
You'll have to wait a few years til the resurrection. Unless you believe in the miracles, signs, and wonders before then. The second coming on the Mount of Olives is the absolute, final proof. "In that day shall there be one Lord and his name one".

Level 5

#126739 Apr 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You also have to ask yourself, why would God only appear to certain of his followers at his alleged resurrection? I would appear to the Jewish hierarchy who didn't believe in me.
But not to other of his creatures that don't believe in him. That seems biased and arbitrary to me. Most Bull Crap is like that.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#126740 Apr 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text> Equal to, you can add as many zeroes as you want to. I was a math whiz in high school, that and science were my best subjects.
Could you please explain that to marksman11? His belief in the Bible hinges entirely upon the premise that 1.10 > 1.9 > 1.1, and he refuses to listen to me. Maybe he'll listen to you.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#126741 Apr 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You'll have to wait a few years til the resurrection. Unless you believe in the miracles, signs, and wonders before then. The second coming on the Mount of Olives is the absolute, final proof. "In that day shall there be one Lord and his name one".
And you'll just have to wait a few years for the evidence that I'm actually God. Maybe 5 years, maybe 500 years, maybe 5,000,000 years. But, eventually, that evidence will be presented. Do you now believe me to be God?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126742 Apr 12, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you please explain that to marksman11? His belief in the Bible hinges entirely upon the premise that 1.10 > 1.9 > 1.1, and he refuses to listen to me. Maybe he'll listen to you.
I don't understand what marksman11 is trying to say by that??
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126743 Apr 12, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
But not to other of his creatures that don't believe in him. That seems biased and arbitrary to me. Most Bull Crap is like that.
I agree.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126744 Apr 12, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
And you'll just have to wait a few years for the evidence that I'm actually God. Maybe 5 years, maybe 500 years, maybe 5,000,000 years. But, eventually, that evidence will be presented. Do you now believe me to be God?
You're mental too. Is everyone on this forum mental? You won't even be alive then.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#126745 Apr 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand what marksman11 is trying to say by that??
That he's never, never, ever wrong about anything. Ever!

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#126746 Apr 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You're mental too. Is everyone on this forum mental? You won't even be alive then.
Wrong, because I'll resurrect myself at some point in the future. But, I don't need to tell you when that will occur. I'm going to resurrect at some point, and then you'll see that I'm God. You should worship me. Doesn't that prove that I'm God?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126747 Apr 12, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, because I'll resurrect myself at some point in the future. But, I don't need to tell you when that will occur. I'm going to resurrect at some point, and then you'll see that I'm God. You should worship me. Doesn't that prove that I'm God?
When you're resurrected, then I'll believe it.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#126748 Apr 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>When you're resurrected, then I'll believe it.

Likewise.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126749 Apr 12, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Likewise.
Doesn't this prove that no god has been resurrected yet-including Jesus, if he had been resurrected he would be here. The scripture says every eye shall see him, not just a handful of people.

“Jon Snow”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#126750 Apr 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>When you're resurrected, then I'll believe it.
But my resurrections make believers?

Level 5

#126751 Apr 12, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text> Doesn't this prove that no god has been resurrected yet-including Jesus, if he had been resurrected he would be here. The scripture says every eye shall see him, not just a handful of people.
Why would any god have to do "magic tricks" to prove who he is? Why not do something clearly and utterly impossible for mortal man ... heal an amputee or two on CSPAN or maybe all of them at once?

Probably because no real god has shown up ... ever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min Chimney1 48,417
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 26 min Chimney1 154,622
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 hr scientia potentia... 216,623
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 13 hr ChristineM 23,486
Might life have spontaneously have started mill... 14 hr It aint necessari... 638
Richard Dawkins tells the truth 16 hr Timmee 7
Science News (Sep '13) Fri _Susan_ 3,980
More from around the web