Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 180392 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126347 Apr 3, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Then that means Cowboy, HTS and Russ are in sh t street.
When the Messiah comes, everyone is going to get a second chance as long as you repent of your sin. The most important part of this is change, there is a coming perfect world. Satan, the enemies of God and the wicked will be cut off (killed). The wicked are those who have committed a deadly sin and those who will not repent. The Lord will plead with all flesh up until the time they kill her.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Level 5

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#126348 Apr 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text> A wicked person is considered dead even when they still walk the earth. We are judged by the law of God and ignorance of the law is no excuse. By this, I mean the 10 commandments which includes the prohibition of idolatry. People who serve idols or are atheist have no morality and the land God gave to Israel "vomited" them out because they were so wicked. Israel does not belong to the Jews, it belongs to God, that's why it's called the "holy land". God created Israel for her glory who will make the coming world ruler (Messiah) their King.
Yet you routinely violate the first of those commandments because you fail to seek verifiable evidence you are worshiping an actual and the correct god. Relying on 2000 yo goat herder fables is not very secure ground to secure your "immortal soul".... just sayin ....
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126349 Apr 3, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you routinely violate the first of those commandments because you fail to seek verifiable evidence you are worshiping an actual and the correct god. Relying on 2000 yo goat herder fables is not very secure ground to secure your "immortal soul".... just sayin ....
By "soul", I think you actually mean "spirit". "Soul" is another word for "body", it means "life". The blood is the life of the flesh. "Spirit" means "breath" or "wind" and is what leaves our body when we die. It is also not necessarily immortal, if you go to hell it will eventually be snuffed out or drowned. Nobody rots forever in hell except Satan. By keeping the Sabbath (the seventh day, Saturday) I show as the sign of the covenant that I worship the creator God, giver of the Testimony, the 10 commandments.

Level 5

#126350 Apr 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>By "soul", I think you actually mean "spirit". "Soul" is another word for "body", it means "life". The blood is the life of the flesh. "Spirit" means "breath" or "wind" and is what leaves our body when we die. It is also not necessarily immortal, if you go to hell it will eventually be snuffed out or drowned. Nobody rots forever in hell except Satan. By keeping the Sabbath (the seventh day, Saturday) I show as the sign of the covenant that I worship the creator God, giver of the Testimony, the 10 commandments.
This is something goat herders claimed 2000 years ago. How do you know it is accurate and valid. I would think the first commandment would obligate you to determine the facts with no doubts.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126351 Apr 3, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
This is something goat herders claimed 2000 years ago. How do you know it is accurate and valid. I would think the first commandment would obligate you to determine the facts with no doubts.
The facts will not be known until the God of Abraham comes to the earth and establishes the law. Everybody with working eyes will witness the resurrection on CNN breaking news. At the same time, Jesus and all his followers will spontaneously combust. Ez. 28:18-19."In that day shall there be one Lord and his name one"

Level 5

#126352 Apr 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text> The facts will not be known until the God of Abraham comes to the earth and establishes the law. Everybody with working eyes will witness the resurrection on CNN breaking news. At the same time, Jesus and all his followers will spontaneously combust. Ez. 28:18-19."In that day shall there be one Lord and his name one"
That sounds exactly like 2000 yo goat herder religibable. Most likely it is not even remotely true.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#126353 Apr 3, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me why you think that "molecular science" does to support ID.

Are you high?

molecular homology does NOT support I.D. Never has, never will.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#126354 Apr 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text> The facts will not be known until the God of Abraham comes to the earth and establishes the law. Everybody with working eyes will witness the resurrection on CNN breaking news. At the same time, Jesus and all his followers will spontaneously combust. Ez. 28:18-19."In that day shall there be one Lord and his name one"
Who told you that? I mean did they give you some pills before saying it? Because I'm gonna need a few of them to catch up with you?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#126355 Apr 3, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
One site refutation of your refutation
http://www.tektonics.org/copycat/osy.html

Wow. The site basically PROVES Jesus was a copycat of Osirus and Horus!

Why would you quote this site? Did you not read it for content?

It basically says that most of the Jesus myth comes from Egypt 2,000 years earlier than Jesus!

What are you thinking?!?!?!?

Basically he said he could not find support for about a third of what is attributed to Osirus/Horus, but the rest was true!

Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
No mate
You are quite wrong
I have the increasing doubt that you are a Christian at all, however, that's between you and God
Your theology is repugnant and erroneous
You simply do not believe the Bible

LOL. You just called the Jesus story into question, which was never my intention. YOU did that! You have no idea what my theology is. You are just bitter because it is not the same as yours and you resent losing so much to someone who proves you wrong at every turn.

Russell wrote:
<quoted text> Please see
http://www.tektonics.org/guest/noother.html
"Harvard Law professor Simon Greenleaf,
Previously refuted

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#126356 Apr 3, 2013
Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly I do understand it
Anyone that reads English can
You on the other hand can't
You have revealed your ignorance or science in numerous ways
----------
My belief in God and His word is not based on what "science" dictates
AND mine is a reasoned faith...unlike your's
Plus I don't make stuff up about the Bible....like you
AND I don't ignore the Scriptures that are inconvenient...

sorry man, but you are just getting desperate.

I clearly know science far better than you.

Your faith is not "reasoned". It is suspect at best and based on denying reason. There is no problem accepting the reality that science has discovered about God's universe. But you insist on doing so anyway. Why? Why reject God's universe?

Why is your faith so weak that you have to do that?

I have no fear of reality such that you are strapped with.

Don't you think that if evolution were wrong some Christian scientist would have come along and refuted it by now and had a mass of scientists, Christian and otherwise, following his lead?

But such has not, nor will ever happen.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126357 Apr 3, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Who told you that? I mean did they give you some pills before saying it? Because I'm gonna need a few of them to catch up with you?
Nobody has taught me knowledge and understanding except the Holy Spirit. After I fully saturated my mind with the scriptures, I am able to meditate and answers just pop into my mind. The Christian notion of an "Antichrist" is correct but this person is called Lucifer in the Hebrew bible. Lucifer means "morning star" and this is what Jesus claims. Rev. 22:16

Level 5

#126358 Apr 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody has taught me knowledge and understanding except the Holy Spirit. After I fully saturated my mind with the scriptures, I am able to meditate and answers just pop into my mind. The Christian notion of an "Antichrist" is correct but this person is called Lucifer in the Hebrew bible. Lucifer means "morning star" and this is what Jesus claims. Rev. 22:16
So, to "paraphrase", you brainwashed yourself to the point that you believe the "Holy Spook" actually exists and you think you know or have "the mind of God". So as long as you maintain your "piety" you can pass judgement on anyone you wish for any reason you wish. And naturally, you will claim you got these decisions and/or judgements from the scriptures or "the mind of God" as best suits the situation.

Got it!!

Please stay way from my neighborhood.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126359 Apr 3, 2013
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
So, to "paraphrase", you brainwashed yourself to the point that you believe the "Holy Spook" actually exists and you think you know or have "the mind of God". So as long as you maintain your "piety" you can pass judgement on anyone you wish for any reason you wish. And naturally, you will claim you got these decisions and/or judgements from the scriptures or "the mind of God" as best suits the situation.
Got it!!
Please stay way from my neighborhood.
You have blasphemed the Holy Spirit by calling it "Spook" and according to your own doctrine that is the one unforgiveable sin. Good luck because you're going to need it!

Level 5

#126360 Apr 3, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You have blasphemed the Holy Spirit by calling it "Spook" and according to your own doctrine that is the one unforgiveable sin. Good luck because you're going to need it!
And what "doctrine" is it that I have? I'm certain you lied about that and I suspect just about everything else you say is a lie as well.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#126361 Apr 3, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you high?
molecular homology does NOT support I.D. Never has, never will.
Why?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#126362 Apr 3, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
There is no reason that an all powerful all knowing god would have to use homology. Homology illustrates the evolutionary principle of "good enough". Evolution only has to be good enough for a species to survive. Perfect, or even near perfect takes too much energy to develop. An all powerful creator could design each animal separately. Evolution has to use homology, ID does not. Therefore homology is evidence for evolution and can only be used for ID using very weak arguments.

Of course this all depends upon what you mean by ID. ID can be a euphemism for creationism or it can mean guided evolution, which would mean you are descended from a worm. In that case you could claim homology, but you have openly denied that.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126363 Apr 4, 2013
"I am a worm and no man, a reproach of men and despised of the people" God is also called a "cockatrice" (deadly, venomous serpent) and a fiery, flying serpent. These are phallic symbols of power. Right now, God is a worm, but there is coming a time when she shall show "the lighting down of his arm". God will be able to throw a lightning bolt and a lot of people will convert, including Christians and Jews.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#126364 Apr 4, 2013
Astronomers Anticipate 100 Billion Earth-Like Planets

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/...

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#126365 Apr 4, 2013
susanblange wrote:
"I am a worm and no man, a reproach of men and despised of the people" God is also called a "cockatrice" (deadly, venomous serpent) and a fiery, flying serpent. These are phallic symbols of power. Right now, God is a worm, but there is coming a time when she shall show "the lighting down of his arm". God will be able to throw a lightning bolt and a lot of people will convert, including Christians and Jews.

So be good for goodness sake!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#126366 Apr 4, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody has taught me knowledge and understanding except the Holy Spirit. After I fully saturated my mind with the scriptures, I am able to meditate and answers just pop into my mind. The Christian notion of an "Antichrist" is correct but this person is called Lucifer in the Hebrew bible. Lucifer means "morning star" and this is what Jesus claims. Rev. 22:16

Ah, Schizophrenia it is.

You developed this power in your late teens or early 20's, yes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 14 min Endofdays 69,983
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) 37 min CBU 1,767
News Evolution 'not established truth' (May '08) 1 hr Yidfellas v USA 9,178
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Subduction Zone 30,113
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 6 hr ChromiuMan 161,438
Is Creationism and Intelligent Design debunked ... 12 hr Subduction Zone 95
G-d versus Evolution? 13 hr 15th Dalai Lama 12
More from around the web