Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 180369 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

defender

United States

#126098 Mar 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>You are correct, evolution does not have evidence, actually, nothing does.

However, all evidence points to and suggests that evolution is the cause of speciation. You need to start thinking forward and stop putting the cart before the horse.
This post says it all... Nothing has evidence but it does... Slow down darling it's ok...

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#126099 Mar 30, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who said it was "simple chemistry"... I'm merely suggesting that you back up your baseless claim.
"Simple" and "easy" are not the same thing.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#126100 Mar 30, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again, SZ..
You haven't read all that has been published.
And you haven't read ANYTHING that's been published. At least, anything scientific. Nothing on creation.com is scientific. Fact.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#126101 Mar 30, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then!!! If not random chance then what??... Read that again slow so you understand...
See? Now you're adamantly stamping your feet to demonstrate to the world your scientific ignorance.

If someone throws a box of multi-colored toothpicks on the floor, and they scatter, their ultimate arrangement is relatively random (taking the laws of physics into account). However, if you are told to retrieve all the blue toothpicks, and you do so, is that random?

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#126102 Mar 30, 2013
HTS wrote:

You would think something like that would make headlines if it were out there.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#126103 Mar 30, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Dodge.... Side step.... Whatever... If the question is that hard to answer than just say so...

It's been answered before. That you are asking again is proof of your insincerity.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#126104 Mar 30, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet when you all are asked the most basic of questions we get goose egg...
Just hollow insults... Sometimes in life google isn't going to have the answers for you honey...

I was not asked a question by the original poster. I was just pointing out he was lying/ignorant again. HTS lies or exposes his ignorance in nearly every post but likes to pretend he knows anything.

Tis to laugh.
HTS

Mandan, ND

#126105 Mar 30, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Dodge.... Side step.... Whatever... If the question is that hard to answer than just say so...
You must understand that these morons are desperately trying to defend their religion. You're assaulting their cherished beliefs...
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#126106 Mar 30, 2013
HTS wrote:
So point us to some scientific evidence for god.

You said you had some a week or so ago, but when i challenged you on it you .... and I know this will be a shock to everyone .... dodged the question

Now going out on a limb here but suspect you were making shit up yet again- unless you can produce some published science that supports gods existence of course?

(Suspect that was a waste of typing)

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#126107 Mar 30, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not obvious to those who understand biology.
An egg is equally complex as a chicken.
They both contain chicken DNA.
Eggs existed long before chickens. Dinosaurs had eggs. Duh.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#126108 Mar 30, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You must understand that these morons are desperately trying to defend their religion. You're assaulting their cherished beliefs...
Yep. Us and thousands and thousands of moronic scientists.

What a dork.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#126109 Mar 30, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
This post says it all... Nothing has evidence but it does... Slow down darling it's ok...
Okay, so you don't read English any better than you can type it.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#126110 Mar 30, 2013
If Jesus is God, then God is dead. The God of Israel is the living God and it has always been her intent to live on the earth. God created Israel for her glory and she will stand upon the earth in the latter days. Christians will call this person "Antichrist" and cause her to be killed, but she will come back on the Mount of Olives. When we witness God, we'll know there is a God. "In that day shall there be one Lord, and his name one."
defender

United States

#126111 Mar 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>Nanoarchaeum equitans (which also has very little junk DNA)

endosymbiont Carsonella ruddii

If life is a natural function of our universe (and it appears to be) then there is no intelligence required at the step where matter becomes life.
Lol... Classic... Here comes your Wiccan god "natural" into play...
defender

United States

#126112 Mar 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously, you are even less rational and more blinded by emotion than HTS. What purpose is there to telling you anything? It has never worked before. You just keep drooling.
I'm going to start calling you dodger...
defender

United States

#126113 Mar 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>It's been answered before. That you are asking again is proof of your insincerity.
And still waiting.... Must be a tough one...
defender

United States

#126114 Mar 30, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You must understand that these morons are desperately trying to defend their religion. You're assaulting their cherished beliefs...
True...
defender

United States

#126115 Mar 30, 2013
Mugwump wrote:
<quoted text>So point us to some scientific evidence for god.

You said you had some a week or so ago, but when i challenged you on it you .... and I know this will be a shock to everyone .... dodged the question

Now going out on a limb here but suspect you were making shit up yet again- unless you can produce some published science that supports gods existence of course?

(Suspect that was a waste of typing)
Umm.. Can you produce any published science that proves there is no God?
And after every possible chemical combination tested under every possible condition in the most highly advanced labs around the world ten thousand times over do you have an answer for how life came to be on this planet?... No...
Thanks for playing...
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#126116 Mar 30, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm.. Can you produce any published science that proves there is no God?
Nope, but then I can't prove the non existence of a small teapot orbiting the sun either -your point is?
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
And after every possible chemical combination tested under every possible condition in the most highly advanced labs around the world ten thousand times over do you have an answer for how life came to be on this planet?... No...
Apart from the fact that abiogenisis is not evolution (god could have done it - still wouldn't effect the veracity of evolution).......

Can you back up your claim that every possible combination has been attempted 1000 times over - of course you can't - you made it up
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for playing...
And thank you for not having the intellectual cojones to put forward a rational argument

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#126117 Mar 30, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>

LOL you failed another projection test. This is CLASSIC!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 4 min anonymous 3,398
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 44 min 15th Dalai Lama 84,083
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Regolith Based Li... 223,192
No Evidence for Creation, a Global Flood, Tower... 1 hr Zog Has-fallen 70
Time 2 hr THANKS 6
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 5 hr ChristineM 164,976
Alabama people are the Anunnaki 20 hr Mrs parker science 1
More from around the web