Should evolution be taught in high school?

Feb 24, 2008 | Posted by: Cash | Full story: www.scientificblogging.com

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Comments (Page 5,981)

Showing posts 119,601 - 119,620 of168,533
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

One way or another wrote:
<quoted text>
Said Mikey the moron, that never once brought even one new thought to science and all he brings here is childish name calling and stupidity.
One way or another | 1 min ago
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_the ...
http://chem.tufts.edu/science/evolution/Horse ...
http://www.ecology.info/horses.htm
Hey stupid, This image shows a representative sequence, but should not be construed to represent a "straight-line" evolution of the horse. Reconstruction, left forefoot skeleton (third digit emphasized yellow) and longitudinal section of molars of selected prehistoric horses
I would add that science cannot prove these are of the same lineage. You're an idiot.
How many types of monkeys are there!
Mikey the moron claims to be a supervisor, must be a supervisor of morons. Lmao

You're a willing moron. You make claims and show no proof. That's what willing morons do.
Mugwump

Workington, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Change the subject moron, because even you know its a lie. Haldane stands.
Nope - you changed the subject

I called you out on your misinterpretation of the wiki article - do you want me to post it yet again?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>
I would not be a willing moron like you, I know that the mind must be free and very honest, if it is to rise to its potential.
Stay stupid, it looks good on you.

You're a willing moron. You make claims and show no proof. That's what willing morons do.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>
I require proof. Pick one line of horse and show the SMALL incrimental changes in that lineage. You have billions of fossils and millions of years of those fossils.
The fully bribed Evo scientists have sold children down the drain for money and you're a piece of shit that follows who or what is profiting from the stupidity.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
What's amazing is the bullshit lies that are put forth by the evotards and believed by the masses....

What's amazing is the bullshit lies that are put forth by the creotards and believed by the masses.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

If science had proof of evolution, such as a single line of horses, that showed SMALL changes---one after the next, evolution would be heralding it from the tops of every newspaper and media, in a splash like never before seen, because tens of millions of believers would abandon their religions and the gov would then usurp all the power, uncontested and then from all we see, do you believe they would be a benevolent god--uhh government?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>
How true, the masses could turn all the stupidity and theft around, but they haven't yet and in a short time, our gov officials will be able to say they can't do anything, because we are now part of a one world government and they will no longer be subject to our votes, but rather the one world governing body.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Sadly this and many other governments have been brainwashing the masses, with the help of the fully corrupt media and corporations that also favor brainwashed people with nothing more than cubicle smarts. They are very compliant.
former CIA Director, William Casey,“We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

There will be drones patrolling all the countries skies, killing as the one world gov deems necessary, to protect its own.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Would you care to tear the article apart, piece by piece, to see? Lol, come on idiot.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's MikeF trying desperately not to be a schoolgirl armed with a wet lettuce...
Well MikeF
Where are your transitionals?
There are an estimated 1 billion fossils..
Should be an easy task
Lets start with transitionals for ...er...let's say.. T rex
There are 32 specimens of which 12 are nearly complete
So, what's the story.....?

Raptorex is a precursor species ("transitional") to t-rex.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Dishonest?.... Peking Man, Peltdown Man, Nabraska Man, Lucy, Stanley Miller experiment, Ida, and on and on... Yeah tell us all about whose dishonest...

Yes, the above is dishonest. So you are dishonest.

What do you not understand?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no transitional fossils... Zero
Unless of course you count the bone fragments on Talkorigins that they so kindly have sketch artist to place the parts where they need them... But real transitional fossils... Uh.. No...

You would do well to read some of the scientific literature on the subject.

Pubmed has a few (67)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...

A lot more here:
http://scholar.google.com/scholar...
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Poor dog shit, always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Russell wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear MikeF
Read correctly what that means is ..
"WE DON'T KNOW SQUAT!
The fossils don't match up
We are hypothesizing
We have only weak evidence
Therefore we do the best we can"
The horse series has AT LEAST two evolutionary gaps
a) The first gap occurs at Epihippus
Only sparse fossil pieces have been found of this animal
And they resemble those of the earlier Orohippus, Eohippus and other formerly-identified hyracotherid species
b) The second gap occurs in or just after the group Parahippus
The early Parahippus species are supposed to resemble Miohippus and Mesohippus while the latter ones are supposed to look like Merychippus
..... this is only partly supported by the fossil findings.....
Furthermore, the fossil material for Parahippus is incomplete.
AND It would probably be possible to classify the different parts of Parahippus as belonging to two different animals—Miohippus and Merychippus.
This latter result can also be inferred by the work of Cavanaugh et al.,
....as Parahippus showed similarities to 14 of 18 species of horses.
Therefore, the “Parahippus” step in the horse series appears to be a mixed up group of unrelated fossils.
In 1992, the genus Hyracotherium was reclassified as FIVE animals belonging to different families of which only one group was regarded as having anything to do with horses.
More recent research has reclassified these animals into TEN different genera and at least three families.......
........ of which many are not supposed to have anything to do with the horse series but are similar to e.g. tapirs (family Tapiromorpha).
One Hyracotherium species (angustidens) has been renamed Eohippus, and all the other Hyracotherium species except one, have been given new genus names.
The single animal still retaining the name Hyracotherium (leporinum) is NO LONGER in the horse series but is regarded as belonging next to the Palaeotheriidae.......
.... which resemble tapirs and rhinoceros.
How about the NON-EVOLUTION of horses?
http://creation.com/the-non-evolution-of-the-...

So you are saying that there is a LOT of evidence of horse evolution. Maybe you should proofread your own posts.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Have you told your therapist how your deceit helps to dumb down children?
My rage is on behalf of children, that deserve so much better. Fruk off moron.
Well, if you think most children get educations like yours...well, good point. Education is pretty much for shit, just not in the way you think. Fortunately, nobody teaches that gravity is caused by rotational speed. Why? BECAUSE IT'S COMPLETE HORSESHIT.

Jim, have you ever been hospitalized against your will?

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Oscar Wilde_ wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, eye creation is well understood. Look it up. Even Einstein understood that the process originated from God.
Who wrote this:

The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. These subtilised interpretations are highly manifold according to their nature and have almost nothing to do with the original text. For me the Jewish religion like all other religions is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions. And the Jewish people to whom I gladly belong and with whose mentality I have a deep affinity have no different quality for me than all other people. As far as my experience goes, they are also no better than other human groups, although they are protected from the worst cancers by a lack of power. Otherwise I cannot see anything 'chosen' about them.
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you think most children get educations like yours...well, good point. Education is pretty much for shit, just not in the way you think. Fortunately, nobody teaches that gravity is caused by rotational speed. Why? BECAUSE IT'S COMPLETE HORSESHIT.
Jim, have you ever been hospitalized against your will?
Then it should be easy for you morons to prove that rotation has nothing to do with gravity. Lol

Take yer best shot idiot.
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Rotation is in every living thing. Every single cell in every living thing is rotating. The planets and suns and moons all rotate and yet, science cannot show what effects rotation has on anything, much less everything.
Spin electron rate earth gravity
Original work
By Jim Ryan
Supported by evidence
EDEE!
As everything is connected to everything and everyone, so too must earths spin and rotational rates, as well as electromagnetism and gravity.
From my perspective at this time, the reason science does not understand electromagnetisim or gravity, is because science cannot measure spin rate in electrons, so as to compare with the spin rate of the
Electrons in our bodies-- as a reason we do not feel the spinning of the earth and more.
The possibility exists that electrons spin correlates to either the earths spin rate on its axis, the rotational rate around our barycenter or possibly a combination.
If science were to use earths spin rate first, in doing test within the electromagnetic field, it may reveal much more. Do the electrons in our bodies spin at 1000 miles per hour and is that the reason we don't feel the earth spinning as it does?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Show the proof that haldane was wrong, if ya can.
Ya got nuthin piss ant. Only truth tellers bring the proof.
You just admitted to being a liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 119,601 - 119,620 of168,533
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Evolution Debate Forum right now

Search the Evolution Debate Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 11 min SevenTee 105,994
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 26 min MikeF 127,056
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 29 min MikeF 13,476
Kevin Wingate: ID should be included in science... 16 hr llDayo 5
Science News (Sep '13) 19 hr Ricky F 2,671
Science News NOT related to evolution (Jul '09) Wed MikeF 1,236
Posting for Points in the Evolution Forum (Oct '11) Apr 15 ChristineM 13,936
•••
•••
•••
•••