Should evolution be taught in high school?

Feb 24, 2008 | Posted by: Cash | Full story: www.scientificblogging.com

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."
Comments
119,421 - 119,440 of 171,391 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm.. How about just proving one?... Your so stupid that if breathing wasn't automatic you would not be long for this world...
{yawn}

One what?

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

One way or another wrote:
<quoted text>
Show us one entity in the entire billion fossil record, that shows small incremental changes in its lineage you lying piece of shit.
First off, Jimmy, I want to thank you for taking time out from your drinking and masturbating. It is deeply appreciated.

Secondly, since you said earlier that Wiki was for morons, this should suit you perfectly:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transitional_fos...
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want better, you'll have to earn it.
If the best you can offer is petty insults, that's all you'll get in return. If you want to discuss the topic of the forum, you should at least demonstrate a rudimentary understanding.
Even of its earned, you morons just run away.

Show the world one entity in the fossil record, that displays the small changes all through its lineage,, proving evolution, just ONE.

You are morons, teaching children to become willing morons.
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, Jimmy, I want to thank you for taking time out from your drinking and masturbating. It is deeply appreciated.
Secondly, since you said earlier that Wiki was for morons, this should suit you perfectly:
Hahahaha hahahaha, hahahaha poor Mikey the moron has nothing of value. Tsk tsk. Get a brain moron.
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
So you fruking morons can't show even ONE entities lineage, small changes from its start to now?

Yea, we know who the lying morons are. The scientists are lying pieces of shit, got teaching children such stupid crap.

Too funny, its the scientists dumbing down the world. Fruking garbage pickets.
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>There is a huge number of people who believe in the god of the bible and accept evolution.

You're boat is sinking.
There is also A huge number of people who buy the sham wow? Your point?...Once again science demands proof for validation and this is where the evolutionist comes up wanting time and time again...
You scuff at Christian believers demanding proof of God but yet when asked the same about your ridiculous theory all one gets is "Well just because we don't have the answers yet doesn't mean it isn't true"...
Truth is you have NO answers... Not one shred of evidence to back this foolishness besides A bunch of bones that no one can agree on... Or even worse are glued to human remains in the desperate hope of keeping the farce alive... Now what was that about sinking boats? Lol
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Pickets should be pickers and the word got should not be in the above post. Dang phone, although I should be double checking.
defender

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>So you fruking morons can't show even ONE entities lineage, small changes from its start to now?

Yea, we know who the lying morons are. The scientists are lying pieces of shit, got teaching children such stupid crap.

Too funny, its the scientists dumbing down the world. Fruking garbage pickets.
Oh they can show you some proof alright!! They just start slinging Talkorigins links like that's a reliable source.... But just like all the other lefty sources they are as full of it as a flock of buzzards fresh off the crap wagon...
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
There is also A huge number of people who buy the sham wow? Your point?...Once again science demands proof for validation and this is where the evolutionist comes up wanting time and time again...
You scuff at Christian believers demanding proof of God but yet when asked the same about your ridiculous theory all one gets is "Well just because we don't have the answers yet doesn't mean it isn't true"...
Truth is you have NO answers... Not one shred of evidence to back this foolishness besides A bunch of bones that no one can agree on... Or even worse are glued to human remains in the desperate hope of keeping the farce alive... Now what was that about sinking boats? Lol
Lol,---sham wow--- perfect metaphor for evolution.
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh they can show you some proof alright!! They just start slinging Talkorigins links like that's a reliable source.... But just like all the other lefty sources they are as full of it as a flock of buzzards fresh off the crap wagon...
It would be funny, if they weren't teaching children in earnest, even the teachers are willing morons.
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

The deceit we see here from the Evo morons is exactly what is destroying America, from the inside out.

The gov hides behind sequester, so it can borrow more money, kicking the proverbial debt down the road for one more year.

The debt is so massive, that without wiping out half of the government or taking away all the benefits, perks and lower wages, the debt must keep growing.

The gov doesn't want to do that, because those people would vote together, to put them out.
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

It's always next year or the next guy to suffer the loss, never the ones that did all the conniving, bribery and theft.
LowellGuy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Earth's gravitational pull determined by its mass or by its rotational speed? This is important.
LowellGuy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Show us one entity in the entire billion fossil record, that shows small incremental changes in its lineage you lying piece of shit.
Have you told your therapist about how rageful your online behavior tends to be?
LowellGuy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

<quoted text>
Then point to just one entity in the fossil record, that science can trace the SMALL changes, through its lineage.
Lies are all Evo science has and you're an idiot for believing in that religion. You have no proof, but you have faith, even when you have no proof.
You refuse to provide evidence that your "hypothesis" is correct, yet you demand that we provide evidence that our theory is correct (all of which you dismiss as part of an elaborate century-long conspiracy)? What is hypocrisy?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

defender, TalkOrigins is not a lefty site. Why would you make such a statement?

Would a site that advocated 2 + 2 = 4 be considered a "lefty site"?

You continually lie about the evidence for evolution. You can try to deny it, but the evidence for evolution is better and more thorough than that of any murder trial.
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you told your therapist about how rageful your online behavior tends to be?
Have you told your therapist how your deceit helps to dumb down children?

My rage is on behalf of children, that deserve so much better. Fruk off moron.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Lie. More people accept evolution than reject it.
defender wrote:
More lies. When have I demanded proof of god?
defender wrote:
Truth is you have NO answers... Not one shred of evidence to back this foolishness besides A bunch of bones that no one can agree on...
By no one, I assume you mean the uneducated, hick fundies.

As I said before, you can dispute the evidence but to say there is none is a flat out lie. Is lying all you have to offer? Please tell me you can offer more to the debate besides bullshit.
defender wrote:
Or even worse are glued to human remains in the desperate hope of keeping the farce alive...
Is that really all you have to bitch about? Some thing that SCIENTISTS (not creationist, who have never contributed shit to the debate) proved false?
defender wrote:
Now what was that about sinking boats? Lol
Here. Have a life preserver.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure beats bible quotes.
One way or another

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You refuse to provide evidence that your "hypothesis" is correct, yet you demand that we provide evidence that our theory is correct (all of which you dismiss as part of an elaborate century-long conspiracy)? What is hypocrisy?
Now you hide behind my hypothesis, so you and science don't have to show that you can't even show one entity in the fossil lineage, that shows small changes even over millions of years and billions of fossils.

I can easily provide proof for my theories, pick one and I'll outline MY proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••