Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 179706 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

One way or another

United States

#122489 Mar 8, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Non coding DNA is no longer a hypothesis. It is an established fact. Try looking into ENCODE.
<quoted text>
Haldane's dilemma has long since been resolved. Once the calculations were cleaned up with better data the effect disappeared. That anyone would be quoting it in 2013 is just plain ignorance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haldane%27s_dile...
Have the guts to get your information from factual sources.
Lmmfao, we evolutionists say so, so it is. Wow, now you pretend to be god.

Haldane stands
One way or another

United States

#122490 Mar 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet each creature reproduces after its kind.
Hmm, perhaps that change in the fossil record could be explained by a theory that posits small changes can build up over time. I wonder what we could call such a theory?
Too bad you're such an idiot, you have not one fossil that you can trace its slow changes over millions of years
HTS

Mandan, ND

#122491 Mar 8, 2013
One way or another wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmmfao, we evolutionists say so, so it is. Wow, now you pretend to be god.
Haldane stands
So, you again expect everyone to accept your religion on faith...
One way or another

United States

#122493 Mar 8, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>So, you again expect everyone to accept your religion on faith...
Huh? It seems you don't understand. What don't you understand about, haldane stands?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#122494 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Too bad you're such an idiot, you have not one fossil that you can trace its slow changes over millions of years
WTF? Another idiocy from Jimbo. We don't claim that since all fossils are the equivalent of one frame from a movie.

Of course Jimbos proficiency with the English language is not the greatest. Perhaps he meant something entirely different.
One way or another

United States

#122495 Mar 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? Another idiocy from Jimbo. We don't claim that since all fossils are the equivalent of one frame from a movie.
Of course Jimbos proficiency with the English language is not the greatest. Perhaps he meant something entirely different.
Lol, at anytime I choose, I can bring new thinking. After years here, you and all of the childish morons have never brought one new thing to science.

Ya got nuthin child,
defender

Manchester, KY

#122496 Mar 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>WTF? Another idiocy from Jimbo. We don't claim that since all fossils are the equivalent of one frame from a movie.

Of course you don't ... But you wish you could... So instead just speculate! Or better yet why not just outright lie?
"Hey anybody got an extra ape jaw bone to place on this skeleton?.. Ok quick take a picture and make up some BS story!!... This should get us that grant money!!!"...
And the good folks of Mayberry fall victim yet again to the snake oil salesman ...
Facts? Truth?... Nah no money in that... Whatever...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#122497 Mar 8, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you don't ... But you wish you could... So instead just speculate! Or better yet why not just outright lie?
"Hey anybody got an extra ape jaw bone to place on this skeleton?.. Ok quick take a picture and make up some BS story!!... This should get us that grant money!!!"...
And the good folks of Mayberry fall victim yet again to the snake oil salesman ...
Facts? Truth?... Nah no money in that... Whatever...
I will leave the lying to creatards, it is their specialty after all.

Too bad neither you nor any of your friends can make even a dent in the theory of evolution.
defender

Manchester, KY

#122498 Mar 8, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>So, you again expect everyone to accept your religion on faith...
And the evolutionist demand acceptance on that which they cannot prove... Really?
Ignore science and turn a blind eye to A very shaky model called ToE or your A fundie?... That takes faith...
Science... It's what's for dinner!!:)
defender

Manchester, KY

#122499 Mar 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>I will leave the lying to creatards, it is their specialty after all.

Too bad neither you nor any of your friends can make even a dent in the theory of evolution.
Lol... A dent?... The foolishness trips all over itself..
Have A banana!!
HTS

Mandan, ND

#122500 Mar 8, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually we can. Too bad for you isn't it?
Why do you make statements that you can't validate?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#122501 Mar 8, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you make statements that you can't validate?
I can. I choose not to since you have shown that regardless of my answer you will simply deny it.

Do your homework and then we can talk.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#122502 Mar 8, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol... A dent?... The foolishness trips all over itself..
Have A banana!!
You do realize that the banana is genetically modified through selective breeding by humans, right?
HTS

Mandan, ND

#122503 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Huh? It seems you don't understand. What don't you understand about, haldane stands?
Sorry...I was responding to SZ and must have clicked the wrong post.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#122504 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Lol, at anytime I choose, I can bring new thinking. After years here, you and all of the childish morons have never brought one new thing to science.
Ya got nuthin child,
Right monkey.

We all know who has less than nothing.

Hey Jim, the cat peed on the carpet again. Here's a couple of bucks, fix it up for me.
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#122505 Mar 8, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>What a pathetic dodge.
So you believe that an eye evolved because evolutiondidit with pixie dust...
You cannot point to any mutation that could result in a single step of eye evolution.
This is because evolution is dogma, not science.
We already know the mutation that led to trichromatic vision from bichromatic vision. Oh, but that is probably "conceptually impossible," eh?
LowellGuy

Salem, MA

#122506 Mar 8, 2013
<quoted text>
Ya got nuthin child,
New and useful are not the same thing.

Pickles cure cancer. New science. Now, we just wait for the world to realize that I'm right.

Is there anything foolish about this approach?
HTS

Mandan, ND

#122507 Mar 8, 2013
The German zoologist Dr. Albert Fleischmann of the University of Erlangen wrote,

“I reject evolution because I deem it obsolete; because the knowledge, hard won since 1830, of anatomy, histology, cytology, and embryology, cannot be made to accord with its basic idea. The foundationless, fantastic edifice of the evolution doctrine would long ago have met with its long-deserved fate were it not that the love of fairy tales is so deep-rooted in the hearts of man.”1

*Footnote reads “1Acworth, Captain Bernard,‘Darwin and Natural Selection,’ Evolution Protest Pamphlet, London, 1960, p. 6.”]
HTS

Mandan, ND

#122508 Mar 8, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
We already know the mutation that led to trichromatic vision from bichromatic vision. Oh, but that is probably "conceptually impossible," eh?
Imagination is not science.

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#122509 Mar 8, 2013
HTS wrote:
Imagination is not science.
But it's the entire basis for religions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min replaytime 40,434
Scientists create vast 3-D map of universe, val... 18 min MIDutch 8
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 23 min Aura Mytha 15,963
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 27 min THE LONE WORKER 201,222
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 1 hr replaytime 96
The conscious God or the inanimate nature 4 hr Fear-God 11
Where does instinct fall within random mutations? 6 hr Joncy David 4
More from around the web