Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 179697 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#115506 Jan 30, 2013
One way or another wrote:
Middle
Children refuse to speak to the facts that destroy their case, hence they change the subject.
Galaxies do not travel in the same direction or the same speed, which means, red shift and blue shift are due to speed and direction and not an expanding or contracting universe. However, the morons in science don't have a clue and they want you and your kids to be as stupid as they choose to be.
For the morons out there, if our galaxy does not move as fast as another galaxy, it will look to our scientists that they are red shifting or moving away from us. If a galaxy is moving in another direction, it will look like it is red shifting to us.
That means you Evo morons, that red shift and blue shift are due to speed and direction of each galaxy and not indicative of an expanding or contracting universe.
Why are you changing the subject?

Facts are facts, your misunderstanding, BS, complete ignorance and outright lies will make not the slightest difference to those facts

Level 6

#115507 Jan 30, 2013
Red shift blue shift
More new science by Jim Ryan
Red shift, blue shift, shows the complete stupidity of all in the scientific world, that are either too stupid to understand how galaxies work or they are simply government stooges.
Just think about it. Science claims that red shift means the Big Bang is correct, but blue shift doesn't mean a shrinking universe, but more importantly, consider how our own insignificant solar system, revolves within our own galaxy, just as every other solar system within this and every other galaxy.
If we look at any planet within any galaxy, there will be times that each and every one will be going away from us at times and at other times, each and everyone will be coming towards us.
However, all the above is dependent on the Hypothesis,---that each galaxy is traveling at the same speed and or in the same direction. Science has no way of knowing.
Other galaxies might be traveling faster than ours and or in a slightly different direction, which will make the shift look red.
What are the chances any other galaxy would be traveling in the exact same direction as any other galaxy or the same speed?
The answer is almost nil.
Science is either very stupid or lying.
One
Third alternative, you are too stupid to understand

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#115508 Jan 30, 2013
It is said that red shift proves the Big Bang and yet, the blue shift counts for what, the reverse? Lol
What lie does science offer, for anyone with a brain?

There are no blue shifted galaxies beyond 50 million light years. They are all red shifted after that.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#115509 Jan 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you changing the subject?
Facts are facts, your misunderstanding, BS, complete ignorance and outright lies will make not the slightest difference to those facts
You are finally getting to know this thread's resident idiot. By all means, generously put the facts to him. It won't help. He is certifiable.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115510 Jan 30, 2013
More new science by Jim Ryan
Red shift, blue shift, shows the complete stupidity of all in the scientific world, that are either too stupid to understand how galaxies work or they are simply government stooges.
Just think about it. Science claims that red shift means the Big Bang is correct, but blue shift doesn't mean a shrinking universe, but more importantly, consider how our own insignificant solar system, revolves within our own galaxy, just as every other solar system within this and every other galaxy.
If we look at any planet within any galaxy, there will be times that each and every one will be going away from us at times and at other times, each and everyone will be coming towards us.
However, all the above is dependent on the Hypothesis,---that each galaxy is traveling at the same speed and or in the same direction. Science has no way of knowing.
Other galaxies might be traveling faster than ours and or in a slightly different direction, which will make the shift look red.
What are the chances any other galaxy would be traveling in the exact same direction as any other galaxy or the same speed?
The answer is almost nil.
Science is either very stupid or lying.

Clearly you have not read enough about the subject to even make an intelligent post. Speed increases with distance. It is perfectly proportional.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115511 Jan 30, 2013
Children refuse to speak to the facts that destroy their case, hence they change the subject.
Galaxies do not travel in the same direction or the same speed, which means, red shift and blue shift are due to speed and direction and not an expanding or contracting universe. However, the morons in science don't have a clue and they want you and your kids to be as stupid as they choose to be.

Yes, we understand that we know far more about the subject than you do. Your ignorance is confirmed.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115512 Jan 30, 2013
No galaxies will ever collide. Just ask yourself, has science ever shown the effects of colliding galaxies? NO. Science claims the universe is over 13 billion years old and yet, science cannot point to two universes that have collided and most importantly, shown the effects.
Galaxies will not collide, just as the planets and suns in our own galaxy do not collide.

Galaxies DO collide.
Science HAS show the effects of colliding galaxies.
You are confusing universe and galaxy.
Planets and suns in our own galaxy DO collide.
Our Earth and moon are the RESULT of such a collision.

http://science.nationalgeographic.com/staticf...

http://tinyurl.com/bzbj6uc

http://tinyurl.com/a8btre8

http://tinyurl.com/aagsche

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#115513 Jan 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably thinks they're talking about actual colors.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#115514 Jan 30, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
We have our own problems, but delusional disorder is not one of them. It is a good question to ask ourselves "what am I getting out of this?". If you can't answer then that is something to think about.
Knowledge.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#115515 Jan 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
Now you're getting it.

Level 6

#115517 Jan 30, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are finally getting to know this thread's resident idiot. By all means, generously put the facts to him. It won't help. He is certifiable.
This I have known for some time, however I have having a bored day and wanted something to entertain myself

Level 6

#115518 Jan 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably thinks they're talking about actual colors.
His comments match well with his ideas that light does not travel to telescopes, telescopes go out and find light

Maybe we have telescopes that can see blue light and telescopes that can see red light

What happens if a telescope is red/green colour blind?

OK, sorry, boredom showing

Level 6

#115519 Jan 30, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're getting it.
Long tome ago in another thread far, far away I got it another of One Ways clones

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#115520 Jan 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
His comments match well with his ideas that light does not travel to telescopes, telescopes go out and find light
Maybe we have telescopes that can see blue light and telescopes that can see red light
What happens if a telescope is red/green colour blind?
OK, sorry, boredom showing
So the universe is brought to us by K-Mart. Interesting!
One way or another

United States

#115521 Jan 30, 2013
The more threatened the children's beliefs are challenged, the more they twist and shout. Lmao

Thanks children.
One way or another

United States

#115522 Jan 30, 2013
Science shows no evidence of colliding galaxies.
One way or another

United States

#115523 Jan 30, 2013
Science uses one bunch of guesswork to back another bunch of guesswork, in its evolutionary claims.

It's all fantasy

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#115524 Jan 30, 2013
Science shows no evidence of colliding galaxies.
You've already been shown the evidence, liar.
eLOHIM

Branford, CT

#115525 Jan 30, 2013
No galaxies will ever collide. Just ask yourself, has science ever shown the effects of colliding galaxies? NO. Science claims the universe is over 13 billion years old and yet, science cannot point to two universes that have collided and most importantly, shown the effects.
Galaxies will not collide, just as the planets and suns in our own galaxy do not collide.
http://www.spacetelescope.org/static/archives...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#115526 Jan 30, 2013
eLOHIM wrote:
Chaos is so beautiful, I love those images.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 3 min Thinking 20,292
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min Igor Trip 209,954
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 44 min Chimney1 152,253
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 16 hr ChristineM 45,559
America evolving into lockdown on purpose Sep 25 Dogen 68
New law to further hatred towards police Sep 24 One way or another 4
Hillary, a taco stand on every corner Sep 24 One way or another 4
More from around the web