Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 179619 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

Mugwump

UK

#115351 Jan 28, 2013
One way or another wrote:
Childish morons always blame others for their inabilities.
Ohhhh, DO grow up Jim
One way or another

United States

#115352 Jan 28, 2013
You idiots make this all about ME, because of your pride and jealousy. Good or bad, your constant fixation with ME, is the proof, but we can't expect childish morons to recognize such now can we, even after I told you to ignore me, if I was all the things you claimed.

Get a brain.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#115353 Jan 28, 2013
Yes. You do.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#115354 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
If you children weren't such jealous morons, you could actually learn to think for yourselves, but you pride won't allow it. However, the ones here that purposely disrupt anything not the gov line, keep you ignorant and unable to think for yourselves.
Of course, I'm not making things easier, but then people that refuse manners, especially as a group, cannot be treated well, because they choose to be rude and stupid, even when proof of the ability to think for oneself is right in front of them.
However, you cannot learn to think for yourselves, as long as pride and jealousy eat at you, as it does, that's how the brain works.

Read the above then look up 'Delusional Disorder - Grandiose Type'.

Bingo!

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#115355 Jan 28, 2013
<quoted text>
If you children weren't such jealous morons, you could actually learn to think for yourselves, but you pride won't allow it. However, the ones here that purposely disrupt anything not the gov line, keep you ignorant and unable to think for yourselves.
Of course, I'm not making things easier, but then people that refuse manners, especially as a group, cannot be treated well, because they choose to be rude and stupid, even when proof of the ability to think for oneself is right in front of them.
However, you cannot learn to think for yourselves, as long as pride and jealousy eat at you, as it does, that's how the brain works.
Why did Tower 7 collapse?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#115356 Jan 28, 2013
Like the Jews who rearranged the alphabet to put gentile carpetlayers out of work?

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#115357 Jan 28, 2013
You idiots make this all about ME, because of your pride and jealousy. Good or bad, your constant fixation with ME, is the proof, but we can't expect childish morons to recognize such now can we, even after I told you to ignore me, if I was all the things you claimed.
Get a brain.
You're the one constantly reposting nonsense with your name attached, then complaining that the entire world is conspiring against you. If that's not you making it all about you, I don't know what is.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#115358 Jan 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the above then look up 'Delusional Disorder - Grandiose Type'.
Bingo!
Delusional disorder, previously called paranoid disorder, is a type of serious mental illness called a "psychosis" in which a person cannot tell what is real from what is imagined. The main feature of this disorder is the presence of delusions, which are unshakable beliefs in something untrue. People with delusional disorder experience non-bizarre delusions, which involve situations that could occur in real life, such as being followed, poisoned, deceived, conspired against, or loved from a distance. These delusions usually involve the misinterpretation of perceptions or experiences. In reality, however, the situations are either not true at all or highly exaggerated.

People with delusional disorder often can continue to socialize and function normally, apart from the subject of their delusion, and generally do not behave in an obviously odd or bizarre manner. This is unlike people with other psychotic disorders, who also might have delusions as a symptom of their disorder. In some cases, however, people with delusional disorder might become so preoccupied with their delusions that their lives are disrupted.

Grandiose: A person with this type of delusional disorder has an over-inflated sense of worth, power, knowledge, or identity. The person might believe he or she has a great talent or has made an important discovery.

( http://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/guide/delu... )

Sorry, I'm not seeing how Jimbo here fits the description. Can you be more specific? ;)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115359 Jan 28, 2013
What you prove you do not have, will be the same legacy you pass on to your children and grand children, congratulations.

Very transparent case of projection. So you are saying you feel like a failure to your family. Tell me more about that.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115360 Jan 28, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional disorder, previously called paranoid disorder, is a type of serious mental illness called a "psychosis" in which a person cannot tell what is real from what is imagined. The main feature of this disorder is the presence of delusions, which are unshakable beliefs in something untrue. People with delusional disorder experience non-bizarre delusions, which involve situations that could occur in real life, such as being followed, poisoned, deceived, conspired against, or loved from a distance. These delusions usually involve the misinterpretation of perceptions or experiences. In reality, however, the situations are either not true at all or highly exaggerated.
People with delusional disorder often can continue to socialize and function normally, apart from the subject of their delusion, and generally do not behave in an obviously odd or bizarre manner. This is unlike people with other psychotic disorders, who also might have delusions as a symptom of their disorder. In some cases, however, people with delusional disorder might become so preoccupied with their delusions that their lives are disrupted.
Grandiose: A person with this type of delusional disorder has an over-inflated sense of worth, power, knowledge, or identity. The person might believe he or she has a great talent or has made an important discovery.
( http://www.webmd.com/schizophrenia/guide/delu... )
Sorry, I'm not seeing how Jimbo here fits the description. Can you be more specific? ;)

Seriously?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#115361 Jan 28, 2013
Delusional disorder,..in which a person cannot tell what is real from what is imagined.
=Jim

The main feature of this disorder is the presence of delusions, which are unshakable beliefs in something untrue.
=Jim

People with delusional disorder experience non-bizarre delusions, which involve situations that could occur in real life, such as being followed, poisoned, deceived, conspired against,....
=Jim

These delusions usually involve the misinterpretation of perceptions or experiences. In reality, however, the situations are either not true at all or highly exaggerated.
=Jim

People with delusional disorder often can continue to socialize and function normally, apart from the subject of their delusion, and generally do not behave in an obviously odd or bizarre manner.

=Jim (probably). We don't know how he functions in real life. We know he has done SOME things related to his delusions (carpet tacks), but don't have enough to see that it is out of control as in psychosis.

This is unlike people with other psychotic disorders, who also might have delusions as a symptom of their disorder. In some cases, however, people with delusional disorder might become so preoccupied with their delusions that their lives are disrupted.
=Jim

Grandiose: A person with this type of delusional disorder has an over-inflated sense of worth, power, knowledge, or identity.
=Jim
=Jim
=Jim
=Jim

The person might believe he or she has a great talent or has made an important discovery.
=Jim
One way or another

United States

#115362 Jan 28, 2013
If what you idiots say about me is true, you are just as sick for constantly responding to me. Lol

You morons
One way or another

United States

#115363 Jan 28, 2013
I post my original work over and over, partly to piss off you morons and that's working quite well and partly to find someone with a brain, that can actually argue the subjects.

Oh yea, I do it partly to play a game on your clique. You act as a childish clique, I keep posting my original work, while not one of you Evo morons have ever contributed even one thing in all the years you children have been acting out here.
One way or another

United States

#115364 Jan 28, 2013
Oh yea

Seeing back in time

Original work
By Jim Ryan
Supported by evidence

Science claims we are seeing back into time, some 14 billion years ago. Science claims that we can see that far back in time, because the light from those distant worlds and galaxies have been traveling here for those billions of years and that by such, we are looking back in time. That simply cannot be, according to science.

Simple light cannot carry images of those far off worlds and galaxies to our telescopes, meaning, our telescopes see out to that light, illuminating those entities, disproving relativity, gravitational lensing and light theory.

That's why I said, light cannot carry images of those worlds and galaxies, meaning, if their light speed and theory were true, we could see the light, but not the worlds or galaxies, because images cannot be carried on light.

former CIA Director, William Casey,“We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”
One way or another

United States

#115365 Jan 28, 2013
Truth

Mid Atlantic mountains width

Original work
By Jim Ryan
Supported by evidence

I told you children to be aware of a game of chess. I kept you looking in one place, making you feel comfortable and getting you to do exactly what you did, thanks.

Now children, ask yourselves, how wide are the mountains at the mid Atlantic ridge? They surely aren't 67,500 miles wide
The width of the mountains should equal the movement of those plates and science claims that in one million years, the plates lose approximately 15 miles, so if the earth is 4.5 billion years old and one million divided into 4.5 billion is 4500, then multiply 15times 4500, which equals 67,500 miles of lost plate. The width of the mountains at the mid atl ridge is minuscule, so please explain how that can be, when the width of the mountain range should be, 67,500. as the mountain range is the only place that shows the addition of material.

Elohim

Branford, CT

#115366 Jan 28, 2013
I post my original work over and over, partly to piss off you morons and that's working quite well and partly to find someone with a brain, that can actually argue the subjects.
Oh yea, I do it partly to play a game on your clique. You act as a childish clique, I keep posting my original work, while not one of you Evo morons have ever contributed even one thing in all the years you children have been acting out here.
You post fiction and fantasy. It's quite amusing and downright laughable.
One way or another

United States

#115369 Jan 28, 2013
It's too bad that not one of you can give reasoned thought to why my claims are wrong.
One way or another

United States

#115370 Jan 28, 2013
More

Moons reflectors bogus

Original work
By Jim Ryan
Supported by evidence

So, the moons reflectors are 239,000 miles from earth, approximately and since the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, y'all must think that laser beam will get back to earth pretty fast. Actually, the light should return to earth from the moons reflectors in 1.3 seconds, with the reflectors designed to reflect the light back to the point it came from.

However, in the 1.3 seconds the light takes to return to its origin, the earth has moved approx 4,000 miles from the point source of light, according to sciences claim that our galaxy is traveling that fast in 1 second, making it impossible for science to capture any photons, at least according to science.

Science sure is messed up, thinking it can collect photons that are 4,000 miles behind the collector.

At least they depend on all of us being stupid enough to believe them. Well, at least the Evo morons here.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#115371 Jan 28, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now try telling it to Urban Cowboy.
We've been doing that for nearly 3 years. It had the same effect as it did on Jimbo.

Jimbo is Cowboy's future...

“Don't get me started”

Level 1

Since: Jul 09

Minneapolis

#115372 Jan 28, 2013
Alien Outlaw wrote:
<quoted text>Are you related to Marshall Apple White? Whats his claim to fame?
Nope. Appleboy (for me) is a reference to a poem written by Yevgeny Yevtushenko, "Stolen Apples". The poem is a quaint look at boys poaching a farmer's apple orchard, laughing in their retreat, their t-shirts bulging with stolen apples. I liked the image of innocence combined with mischief.

Applewhite, on the other hand, was a dark stain on humanity, luring his followers to their deaths.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 min scientia potentia... 13,346
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min scientia potentia... 31,395
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 13 min scientia potentia... 197,553
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 26 min scientia potentia... 151,023
This is how christians fumble up the evolution ... 4 hr zxx838557 1
Rome Viharo debunks evolution 16 hr Paul Porter1 2
Evolution in action May 27 MIDutch 1
More from around the web