Should evolution be taught in high school?

Feb 24, 2008 Full story: www.scientificblogging.com 176,162

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand." Full Story
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114192 Jan 11, 2013
Your choice

Funny, I prove NASA and Goddard must be stupid, according to their own web site.

You children are the failures.

Stupidity of NASA +Goddard

On the website,----http://eclipse.gsf c.nasa.gov/SEhelp/ApolloLaser . html
It claims,--------- scientists have been able to determine the round-trip travel time that gives the distance between the two bodies at any time to an accuracy of about 3 centimeters.
I say, WOW, what a marvel.
On to the next part.
Science claims,---"Lunar ranging involves sending a laser beam through an optical telescope," Dickey said. "The beam enters the telescope where the eye piece would be, and the transmitted beam is expanded to become the diameter of the main mirror, then bounced off the surface toward the reflector on the Moon."
The reflectors are too small to be seen from Earth, so even when the beam is precisely aligned in the telescope, actually hitting a lunar retroreflector array is technically challenging. At the Moon's surface the beam is roughly four miles wide. Scientists liken the task of aiming the beam to using a rifle to hit a moving dime two miles away.
I say,--------so now, with a laser light 4 miles wide and an exact location, probably sending out a beacon or should be, they complain like hell. So much for close, perhaps 500 pound bomb close.
Now here is a crucial piece to my complaint.--------
Once the laser beam hits a reflector, scientists at the ranging observatories use extremely sensitive filtering and amplification equipment to detect the return signal, which is far too weak to be seen with the human eye. Even under good atmospheric viewing conditions, only one photon is received every few seconds.
I say,------read that last sentence very carefully. One photon every few seconds.
Science doesn't say one or two seconds or a couple of seconds. Instead, science claims a FEW seconds, meaning, it took 3 or more seconds for the photon to go from the moon to the earth. That means, that the beam should have taken, 1.3 seconds and not a full 3 seconds or more as NASA and the Goddard space center claim.
Suck on that Evo morons.
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114193 Jan 11, 2013
Just the way it will be.

The Evo morons never have a thought all their own.

Light does not travel here from distant galaxies. It is simply that we can see that light through our telescopes.

The moons retroflectors prove how quickly light disperses in just 239,000 miles and back. There are so many billions of planets, so much space dust, so much mass ejections of plasma from suns, so much in cosmic rays, gas clouds and the interference is just endless.

Science has a way to test light theory, but obviously, it doesn't, for a reason.

There is a defining factor in proving light from distant universes does not reach here. Can any of you figure out what it is?

If light cannot escape a black hole, what force stops the light?
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114194 Jan 11, 2013
Not one of the Evo morons have a thought all their own, not in all the years all of them have been here.

Their jealousy and deceit is all they have.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#114196 Jan 11, 2013
One way or another wrote:
Not one of the Evo morons have a thought all their own, not in all the years all of them have been here.
Their jealousy and deceit is all they have.
You think science is a game. It is you lacking in intelligence and original thoughts.
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114197 Jan 11, 2013
Since I hadn't signed all my original work, I have done so now.
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114198 Jan 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You think science is a game. It is you lacking in intelligence and original thoughts.
Then show the board, one original thought in the name of science, that you have brought here.

You're all mouth
Elohim

Branford, CT

#114200 Jan 11, 2013
Just the way it will be.
The Evo morons never have a thought all their own.
Light does not travel here from distant galaxies. It is simply that we can see that light through our telescopes.
The moons retroflectors prove how quickly light disperses in just 239,000 miles and back. There are so many billions of planets, so much space dust, so much mass ejections of plasma from suns, so much in cosmic rays, gas clouds and the interference is just endless.
Science has a way to test light theory, but obviously, it doesn't, for a reason.
There is a defining factor in proving light from distant universes does not reach here. Can any of you figure out what it is?
If light cannot escape a black hole, what force stops the light?
Where do you come up with this shite? It's hilarious!
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114201 Jan 11, 2013
Light does not travel here from distant galaxies.

Original work
By Jim Ryan
Supported by evidence

It is simply that we can see that light through our telescopes.

One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114202 Jan 11, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Where do you come up with this shite? It's hilarious!
Being a professed Sicilian, using a Jew moniker, never speaking to science, much less ever having a thought all your own, you make yourself look like the laughable moron you choose to be.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#114203 Jan 11, 2013
Original work
By Jim Ryan
Supported by evidence
For this to happen, the light must travel to the telescope. You cannot see light until it bounces off something.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#114204 Jan 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Being a professed Sicilian, using a Jew moniker, never speaking to science, much less ever having a thought all your own, you make yourself look like the laughable moron you choose to be.
Project much?
Elohim

Branford, CT

#114205 Jan 11, 2013
Original work
By Jim Ryan
Supported by evidence
The educated world laughs at your every posting. Your pseudo-scientific rants are classic! Keep them coming Jimmy. Makes the day go by a bit faster when one laughs raucously.
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114206 Jan 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
For this to happen, the light must travel to the telescope. You cannot see light until it bounces off something.
Are you stoned or just stupid?

You say,---You cannot see light until it bounces off something.

Why don't you show us the research you did on this subject. Lol

What a complete maroon as bugs bunny would say.
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114207 Jan 11, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>The educated world laughs at your every posting. Your pseudo-scientific rants are classic! Keep them coming Jimmy. Makes the day go by a bit faster when one laughs raucously.
Keep crying little boy, the laughs are getting better.

Being a professed Sicilian, using a Jew moniker, never speaking to science, much less ever having a thought all your own, you make yourself look like the laughable moron you choose to be Elohim.

Thanks, I think I'll keep this one.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#114208 Jan 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you stoned or just stupid?
You say,---You cannot see light until it bounces off something.
Why don't you show us the research you did on this subject. Lol
What a complete maroon as bugs bunny would say.
http://www.livescience.com/3919-human-eye-wor...
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/camera2....

Learn something, for a change.
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114209 Jan 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
You're a complete moron, go away.
LowellGuy

United States

#114210 Jan 11, 2013
Since I hadn't signed all my original work, I have done so now.
Ooh, the Jews are gonna be PISSED!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#114211 Jan 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Projecting there, how cute. You can't even be bothered to learn the simple mechanics of light and how we see things.
Elohim

Deep River, CT

#114212 Jan 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Keep crying little boy, the laughs are getting better.
Being a professed Sicilian, using a Jew moniker, never speaking to science, much less ever having a thought all your own, you make yourself look like the laughable moron you choose to be Elohim.
Thanks, I think I'll keep this one.
YAWN....... Keep smoking crack Jimbo. It entertains me.
Elohim

Deep River, CT

#114213 Jan 11, 2013
<quoted text>
More projection from an uneducated simpleton.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 45 min Charles Idemi 644
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 hr replaytime 133,653
How would creationists explain... 10 hr TurkanaBoy 393
Science News (Sep '13) 10 hr positronium 2,944
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Dec 22 Chimney1 13,624
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Dec 20 nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Dec 19 Zach 4
More from around the web