Should evolution be taught in high school?

Feb 24, 2008 Full story: www.scientificblogging.com 174,458

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand." Full Story
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114125 Jan 10, 2013
When and if there is intelligent rebuttal, we will see where it goes from there.

Science claims we are seeing back into time, some 14 billion years ago. Science claims that we can see that far back in time, because the light from those distant worlds and galaxies have been traveling here for those billions of years and that by such, we are looking back in time. That simply cannot be, according to science.

Simple light cannot carry images of those far off worlds and galaxies to our telescopes, meaning, our telescopes see out to that light, illuminating those entities, disproving relativity, gravitational lensing and light theory.

That's why I said, light cannot carry images of those worlds and galaxies, meaning, if their light speed and theory were true, we could see the light, but not the worlds or galaxies, because images cannot be carried on light.

former CIA Director, William Casey,“We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114126 Jan 10, 2013
Light falls apart from just the earth to the moon and back.

Light does not travel here from distant galaxies. It is simply that we can see that light through our telescopes.

The moons retroflectors prove how quickly light disperses in just 239,000 miles and back. There are so many billions of planets, so much space dust, so much mass ejections of plasma from suns, so much in cosmic rays, gas clouds and the interference is just endless.

Science has a way to test light theory, but obviously, it doesn't, for a reason.

There is a defining factor in proving light from distant universes does not reach here. Can any of you figure out what it is?

If light cannot escape a black hole, what force stops the light?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114127 Jan 10, 2013
One way or another wrote:
If I am sick like you say, you are just as sick for responding to me you fruking morons.
Why don't you morons talk about people and ignore me. I'll talk about science and ignore y'all.
I have more new science coming.

I get paid for talking to people who are mentally ill. It does not bother me at all.

You should not respond till we can talk about science at your level. After all, what is the point?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114128 Jan 10, 2013
If I am sick like you say, you are just as sick for responding to me you fruking morons.
Why don't you morons talk about people and ignore me. I'll talk about science and ignore y'all.
I have more new science coming.

we cannot stop you from sharing your fantasies.
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114129 Jan 10, 2013
Science backs up all my claims. Science is very contradictory. It's just like how the morons here claim the bible is.

Moons reflectors bogus

So, the moons reflectors are 239,000 miles from earth, approximately and since the speed of light is 186,000 miles per second, y'all must think that laser beam will get back to earth pretty fast. Actually, the light should return to earth from the moons reflectors in 1.3 seconds, with the reflectors designed to reflect the light back to the point it came from.

However, in the 1.3 seconds the light takes to return to its origin, the earth has moved approx 4,000 miles from the point source of light, according to sciences claim that our galaxy is traveling that fast in 1 second, making it impossible for science to capture any photons, at least according to science.

Science sure is messed up, thinking it can collect photons that are 4,000 miles behind the collector.

At least they depend on all of us being stupid enough to believe them. Well, at least y'all.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#114130 Jan 10, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that quote!
His other one is:
"Knowing nothing beats knowing something that ain't so."
eLOHIM

Branford, CT

#114131 Jan 10, 2013
You wanna play, let's play.
Gravity by Jim Ryan
YADDA YADDA YADDA ....
LMAO!!!! Science?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
Elohim

Branford, CT

#114132 Jan 10, 2013
When and if there is intelligent rebuttal, we will see where it goes from there.
Science .......YADDA YADDA YADDA
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114133 Jan 10, 2013
You talk of people and I talk science.

Science claims we are seeing back into time, some 14 billion years ago. Science claims that we can see that far back in time, because the light from those distant worlds and galaxies have been traveling here for those billions of years and that by such, we are looking back in time. That simply cannot be, according to science.

Simple light cannot carry images of those far off worlds and galaxies to our telescopes, meaning, our telescopes see out to that light, illuminating those entities, disproving relativity, gravitational lensing and light theory.

That's why I said, light cannot carry images of those worlds and galaxies, meaning, if their light speed and theory were true, we could see the light, but not the worlds or galaxies, because images cannot be carried on light.

former CIA Director, William Casey,“We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”
Elohim

Branford, CT

#114134 Jan 10, 2013
Science backs up all my claims. Science ..... yadda yadda yadda....
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114135 Jan 10, 2013
Science is great aye!:-)
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114136 Jan 10, 2013
Elohim, the Jewish contribution to science.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#114137 Jan 10, 2013
You talk of people and I talk science.
Science ....yadda yadda yadda
Elohim

Branford, CT

#114138 Jan 10, 2013
Thanks, but I'm from Sicily and not Jewish.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#114140 Jan 10, 2013
crap.... Hebrew text doesn't show. Sorry
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#114142 Jan 10, 2013
Jimbo, the creationist contribution to science.

http://www.dbgurney.com/images/T/Carpet12-01-...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EtxtWodPeqQ/UMqjCuo...
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114143 Jan 10, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimbo, the creationist contribution to science.
http://www.dbgurney.com/images/T/Carpet12-01-...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EtxtWodPeqQ/UMqjCuo...
Do you even know the name of the items in the first web page?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#114144 Jan 10, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, but I'm from Sicily and not Jewish.

Cool. I am half Sicilian.
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#114145 Jan 10, 2013
A virtual time machine
A hypothesis by Mugwump

It is often said that the speed of light is 299,792,458 m/s, however what morons on this board don't realise is that this is only the speed in a vacuum, in other mediums and low temperatures it can slow to a mere 38 miles per hour.

As time is known to slow down as you approach the speed of light, it is logical that slowing down light must therefore speed up time.

If this can be done to such an extent then eventual time will accelate some parsecs into the future.

To do this it is simply a case of cooling a light source to absolute zero which as absolute will bring the light to a standstill.

Then move backwards from the light source, effectively pushing the light source back in time.

As images are carried in light, this will cause the light source to project images of past events, and if one moves back far enough (say a few miles)- events from centuries or even millennia ago can be observed - however a telescope may be required to view the images.

No scientist has ever realised this obvious logical conclusion as they are not taught to think for themselves and I have bought proof of new science from my brain..
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114146 Jan 10, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, but I'm from Sicily and not Jewish.
So you're a dumb Sicilian, pretending to be a Jew, according to you pick of a Jewish moniker. That's how good your science is. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Darwin on the rocks 16 min Chimney1 371
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 17 min DanFromSmithville 121,061
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 19 min Chimney1 138,203
Bobby Jindal: "I'm Not an Evolutionary Biologist" 50 min Chimney1 381
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism 1 hr Chimney1 719
Monkey VS Man Oct 19 Bluenose 14
Charles Darwin's credentials and Evolution Oct 19 TurkanaBoy 204

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE