Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 178688 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

Elohim

Branford, CT

#114132 Jan 10, 2013
One way or another wrote:
When and if there is intelligent rebuttal, we will see where it goes from there.
Science .......YADDA YADDA YADDA
LMAO!!!! Science?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114133 Jan 10, 2013
You talk of people and I talk science.

Science claims we are seeing back into time, some 14 billion years ago. Science claims that we can see that far back in time, because the light from those distant worlds and galaxies have been traveling here for those billions of years and that by such, we are looking back in time. That simply cannot be, according to science.

Simple light cannot carry images of those far off worlds and galaxies to our telescopes, meaning, our telescopes see out to that light, illuminating those entities, disproving relativity, gravitational lensing and light theory.

That's why I said, light cannot carry images of those worlds and galaxies, meaning, if their light speed and theory were true, we could see the light, but not the worlds or galaxies, because images cannot be carried on light.

former CIA Director, William Casey,“We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false.”
Elohim

Branford, CT

#114134 Jan 10, 2013
Science backs up all my claims. Science ..... yadda yadda yadda....
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114135 Jan 10, 2013
Science is great aye!:-)
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114136 Jan 10, 2013
Elohim, the Jewish contribution to science.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#114137 Jan 10, 2013
You talk of people and I talk science.
Science ....yadda yadda yadda
Elohim

Branford, CT

#114138 Jan 10, 2013
Thanks, but I'm from Sicily and not Jewish.
Elohim

Branford, CT

#114140 Jan 10, 2013
crap.... Hebrew text doesn't show. Sorry
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#114142 Jan 10, 2013
Jimbo, the creationist contribution to science.

http://www.dbgurney.com/images/T/Carpet12-01-...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EtxtWodPeqQ/UMqjCuo...
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114143 Jan 10, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.dbgurney.com/images/T/Carpet12-01-...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EtxtWodPeqQ/UMqjCuo...
Do you even know the name of the items in the first web page?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114144 Jan 10, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, but I'm from Sicily and not Jewish.

Cool. I am half Sicilian.
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#114145 Jan 10, 2013
A virtual time machine
A hypothesis by Mugwump

It is often said that the speed of light is 299,792,458 m/s, however what morons on this board don't realise is that this is only the speed in a vacuum, in other mediums and low temperatures it can slow to a mere 38 miles per hour.

As time is known to slow down as you approach the speed of light, it is logical that slowing down light must therefore speed up time.

If this can be done to such an extent then eventual time will accelate some parsecs into the future.

To do this it is simply a case of cooling a light source to absolute zero which as absolute will bring the light to a standstill.

Then move backwards from the light source, effectively pushing the light source back in time.

As images are carried in light, this will cause the light source to project images of past events, and if one moves back far enough (say a few miles)- events from centuries or even millennia ago can be observed - however a telescope may be required to view the images.

No scientist has ever realised this obvious logical conclusion as they are not taught to think for themselves and I have bought proof of new science from my brain..
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114146 Jan 10, 2013
Elohim wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks, but I'm from Sicily and not Jewish.
So you're a dumb Sicilian, pretending to be a Jew, according to you pick of a Jewish moniker. That's how good your science is. Lol

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#114147 Jan 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Do you even know the name of the items in the first web page?

Do you even know the name of the item in the second web page?

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.dbgurney.com/images/T/Carpet12-01 -...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EtxtWodPeqQ/UMqjCuo ...
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#114148 Jan 10, 2013
Addendum to above proof:-

Eventual time will accelerate some parsecs into the past.

Dam voices in my head took over the typing
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#114149 Jan 10, 2013
You wanna play, let's play.
Gravity by Jim Ryan
Blah, blah, blah.
Hypothesis by ,--
Jim Ryan
LMAO

Jim Ryan, who was so incompetent that his carpet laying business went bankrupt. So idiotic that he thought he would make 10 BILLION dollars cleaning cat pee out of carpets. So uneducated that he thinks bronze age, goat herder FAIRY TALES really happened.

And now he's telling the world about the science behind gravity.
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#114150 Jan 10, 2013
Why Eisenstein was wrong

Seriously - check out the hair - if he can't be right about personal grooming - how can he be right about relativism (:-))

More proof for you morons, proved by new thoughts from my brain
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#114151 Jan 10, 2013
Addendum to above proof

Einstein, not what the voices in my head said
One way or another

Hollywood, FL

#114152 Jan 10, 2013
Gotta love science

Light does not travel here from distant galaxies. It is simply that we can see that light through our telescopes.

The moons retroflectors prove how quickly light disperses in just 239,000 miles and back. There are so many billions of planets, so much space dust, so much mass ejections of plasma from suns, so much in cosmic rays, gas clouds and the interference is just endless.

Science has a way to test light theory, but obviously, it doesn't, for a reason.

There is a defining factor in proving light from distant universes does not reach here. Can any of you figure out what it is?

If light cannot escape a black hole, what force stops the light?
Mugwump

Bradford, UK

#114153 Jan 10, 2013
The relationship between gravity and electricity

A hypothesis by mugwump

Moron scientists assert that electricity is carried by electrons, however an electron moves within an atom which is less than a centimeter in diameter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_radius
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_Kitten

However by observation and bringing new thoughts to science it is obvious that gravity produces electricity and as gravity is a like a magnet and repulsive the higher the gravity the lower the repulsive force and hence the electrical charge decreases

My hypothesis is proved by observing the charging times of my various appliances.

My iPhone is quite small and takes 30 minutes to charge completly - this fits my hypothesis

My ipad is somewhat heavier - and takes around 4 hours to charge - this fits my hypothesis.

My USB memory stick is very light and always works - this fits my hypothesis

My plasma tv is at least 100x the weight of my ipad and always works when plugged in - this does not fit my hypothesis

My kettle is about 1% of the weight of my tv and boils in about 3 minutes - this fits my hypothesis

My work laptop is about 10x the weight of my ipad and takes about 2 hours to charge - this is a slightly anomolous but broadly fits.

The above proves my hypothesis about gravity and electricity but no scientist can will admit this, no one can rebutt what I say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 7 min Subduction Zone 173,312
Beware of Kamikaze Snakes. They Are Evolving in... 3 hr Zog Has-fallen 59
What Motives Created Social Darwinism? 5 hr Zog Has-fallen 66
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 6 hr Chimney1 420
Darwinism: Science or Philosophy? 9 hr Zog Has-fallen 46
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 13 hr Chimney1 143,878
Is the Evolutionary theory mathematically prove... 13 hr DanFromSmithville 133
More from around the web