Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 180300 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#111538 Dec 9, 2012
Psychology wrote:
The morons in science seem unable to compare the effects of gravity from a low orbit to a high orbit with space junk and then think, ya know, if it's that way for space junk, why can't those same principles apply to planets?
Let's say this comparison is wrong. So, can we prove this is wrong, if so, how?
Oh gosh no. One can show its wrong, whatever shall we do or more portably, should we think.
Duh which way did he go George?
What are you prattling about now Psycho?

Of course scientists know what the effects of gravity are at those different heights. Why do you think they don't.

Newtonian gravity is extremely well understood, it is accurate enough to get us to the Moon and back. Einstein's theories are even more accurate. They are what makes GPS possible.

So what part of gravity are you confused about now?

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#111539 Dec 9, 2012
Psychology wrote:
Not one scientist in the world questioned why space junk in low orbit falls back to earth, while space junk in high orbit has remained there , as anything other than a passing thought.
Atmospheric drag.

Guess you missed that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbital_decay

Tampa, FL

#111541 Dec 9, 2012
Psychology wrote:
I'm going to release only one thought at a time
Oh, go ahead and release two. They're small.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#111544 Dec 9, 2012
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Atmospheric drag.
Guess you missed that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orbital_decay
Arrgh! I was hoping that the prat would make give us some more nonsense to laugh at. Oh well, Psycho is such an idiot that I am sure he will.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#111548 Dec 9, 2012
Psychology wrote:
So class of morons, we learn that objects in a really high orbit around a celestial body, can maintain that orbit, even if it has but a tiny bit of mass.
The questions become, why doesn't it fall back or fly away, because it has almost no mass.
We know why. Clearly you don't.

Psycho has to be the most extreme case of Dunning-Kruger on this particular part of the forum. I am sure that there are 9/11 conspiracy nuts and Moon landing conspiracy nuts that could give him a run for the money. But here he is the crowned King Of Lunacy!
Psychology

United States

#111549 Dec 9, 2012
I am going to prove that descent people are forced to deal with societies unthinking, nasty children, that form a clique, as taught in school, hoping no one would pay attention to their childish, mental diseases, that they wish everyone to suffer, as they obviously have, all their lives.

So children, I am going to fight with you all, while I also bring new thinking that none of you can refute and I'm going to treat you as the morons you choose to be. Ain't it great!
Psychology

United States

#111550 Dec 9, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
We know why. Clearly you don't.
Psycho has to be the most extreme case of Dunning-Kruger on this particular part of the forum. I am sure that there are 9/11 conspiracy nuts and Moon landing conspiracy nuts that could give him a run for the money. But here he is the crowned King Of Lunacy!
Your copy and paste were cute.

Ok, it's nap time for you, you were too stupid to address the subject idiot boy.

Psychology wrote:
So class of morons, we learn that objects in a really high orbit around a celestial body, can maintain that orbit, even if it has but a tiny bit of mass.
The questions become, why doesn't it fall back or fly away, because it has almost no mass.

Tampa, FL

#111551 Dec 9, 2012
Psychology wrote:
Drew challenged with drag but had no answer for the post below, meaning he was to stupid to consider further than his stupid challenge.
Oh well, that's what morons do.
Then why is science considering, incinerating really old space junk? Why hasn't that stuffs orbit decayed! Guess you missed that.
Lots of orbiting space junk has its orbit decay, and it either burns up in the atmosphere or, if it's large enough, it reaches the surface.

So what, exactly, is your question?

Or do you just blather because it allows you to call others "morons" without cause?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#111552 Dec 9, 2012
Psychology wrote:
<quoted text>
Your copy and paste were cute.
Ok, it's nap time for you, you were too stupid to address the subject idiot boy.
Psychology wrote:
Where was there any cope and paste in that post?

How does this drooling idiot even manage to copy the numbers correctly so that his posts go through?
defender

Tucker, GA

#111554 Dec 9, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Run away and hide again defender, you have nothing.
Don't need much to handle you...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#111556 Dec 9, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't need much to handle you...
Yeah right. You ran away crying last time we tussled. Do you plan to do so again?

So, let's get this thread off the topic of Psycho's delusions. Why do you think that evolution should not be taught in high school?
Psychology

United States

#111560 Dec 9, 2012
I have to not only wonder at the planets orbits and by size and mass to differing degrees, but let's say a huge asteroid hit Pluto, could it get knocked out of its orbit or would the impact have to be so big that it blasted into pieces and would those pieces fly out of their orbit or would they remain in their orbit.

If it, the planet or pieces got knocked out of its their orbit, would it, they, float away or would they it, settle back into its same orbit.

That brings another question to mind. Can an asteroid comes to rest in an orbit around any planet and if yes, is it then called a moon?

How many asteroids can be counted , that have come to rest in an orbit, around any planet?

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#111561 Dec 9, 2012
Psychology wrote:
<quoted text>
Then by all means idiot, tell us how the hammer feather drop explains gravity. LMAO yea, we'll wait. Moron

Then by all means idiot, tell us how spin explains gravity. LMAO yea, we'll wait. Moron

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#111562 Dec 9, 2012
Psychology wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont offer science anything, while you and other children pretend to know everything, when all you do is cut and paste,
YOU and THEY, don't know anything.
You're idiots, that's all you are.

You don't offer science anything, while you and other children pretend to know everything, when you can't even cut and paste!
YOU don't know anything.
You're an idiot, that's all you are.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#111563 Dec 9, 2012
Psychology wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot, calling other people ned, because you morons have nothing else.
There may be a pause in name calling, because I have more new science to consider.
Anybody can cut and paste children.

You learn how perfectly Newton explained gravity yet?

We aren't going to wait. You will never get it. You are just too stupid.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#111564 Dec 9, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwinism- Religion of speculation and wishful thinking where impossible things happen through the magical god named Natural Selection....

Your massive ignorance never fails to evoke a laugh.
defender

Tucker, GA

#111565 Dec 9, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah right. You ran away crying last time we tussled. Do you plan to do so again?

So, let's get this thread off the topic of Psycho's delusions. Why do you think that evolution should not be taught in high school?
Thanks I was getting bored... I really do enjoy debating with you guys and have a deep respect for your intellect... Now back to the fight!!!.... I have no problem with the Theory of Evolution being taught its the religion of Evolution meant to destroy faith and belittle people that I feel should be done away with... As Sgt. Friday would say "Just the facts Ma'am"
Psychology

United States

#111566 Dec 9, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks I was getting bored... I really do enjoy debating with you guys and have a deep respect for your intellect... Now back to the fight!!!.... I have no problem with the Theory of Evolution being taught its the religion of Evolution meant to destroy faith and belittle people that I feel should be done away with... As Sgt. Friday would say "Just the facts Ma'am"
Kiss em just once more, the brown looks so good on you.
Psychology

United States

#111567 Dec 9, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You learn how perfectly Newton explained gravity yet?
We aren't going to wait. You will never get it. You are just too stupid.
So tell us how newton would explain the theory of gravity. I'm hoping he wasn't that stupid.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#111568 Dec 9, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there should be not "religion of Evolution". But then I have never heard of such a religion. All of the evolutionary studies that I know of are based upon science. Do you know of any other beliefs?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 23 min Samuel Patre 170,035
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) 4 hr 15th Dalai Lama 1,856
Can the universe be God's brain? (Jun '07) 5 hr Davidjayjordan 114
Souls have weight .. 21 grams Experiment 6 hr Davidjayjordan 6
SEX did not EVOLVE (Nov '17) 15 hr Davidjayjordan 266
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Thu Into The Night 95,399
Beauty is the Lord's Golden Section Thu 15th Dalai Lama 14