Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 179706 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

Psychology

Jacksonville, FL

#111513 Dec 9, 2012
All the great thinkers in the world went against the flat earth society of their day.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#111515 Dec 9, 2012
Psychology wrote:
<quoted text>
Very funny moron, y'all prove who you are as a group and that you hate what you refuse to understand, even to a very mild mannered individual, that through all of your nasty childish, did not return it. He made a simple valid scientific observation. Anyone can see the truth at post 109287, and read for about 2 pages.

There is nothing nasty about calling someone out who pretends to understand science and yet does not. That is not nearly as nasty as being a poser and trying to confabulate ones own notions with science.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111516 Dec 9, 2012
Psychology wrote:
<quoted text>
Run along home little boy.

Translation: I got nothing and was just called out. I will therefore say something insulting. It is my only defense.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111517 Dec 9, 2012
Psychology wrote:
A person can read a thousand books and never understand. They can read a million books but never challenge. They are simply a cut and paste product of other people.

says the little man who never read a book and never understood much of anything. you just write your own little science fiction stories. I hope they keep you entertained as they have no other value.
Psychology

Jacksonville, FL

#111518 Dec 9, 2012
What must a person do when they realize they are nothing more than a cut and paste clone of many other people?

Challenge everyone and everything.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111519 Dec 9, 2012
Psychology wrote:
All the great thinkers in the world went against the flat earth society of their day.

All the great thinkers had a clue, knew what others thought and why, and discovered reasons (data) to upset the status quote.

Unlike yourself, a poor thinker who has no clue, does not understand what science actually says nor why and has no reason (data) to put forth any scientific notion.
Psychology

Jacksonville, FL

#111520 Dec 9, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing nasty about calling someone out who pretends to understand science and yet does not. That is not nearly as nasty as being a poser and trying to confabulate ones own notions with science.
If you weren't such a complete moron, you would see he had a valid, scientific observation.

Go back to playing with yourself, it's what you do best.
Mugwump

Manchester, UK

#111521 Dec 9, 2012
I notice Pyschos attempts to be civil to people lasted about a week, and he has now fallen back to his normal ways of calling everyone who disagree with him (I.e. everyone) a moron.
Is there ANYTHING he doesn't fail at.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#111522 Dec 9, 2012
Mugwump wrote:
I notice Pyschos attempts to be civil to people lasted about a week, and he has now fallen back to his normal ways of calling everyone who disagree with him (I.e. everyone) a moron.
Nope, and that includes marriage and parenting.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111523 Dec 9, 2012
Psychology wrote:
<quoted text>
If you weren't such a complete moron, you would see he had a valid, scientific observation.
Go back to playing with yourself, it's what you do best.

If YOU thought it was a valid scientific observation,..... well that pretty much speaks for itself.
Level 6

Since: Aug 07

United States

#111524 Dec 9, 2012
Mugwump wrote:
Well, all they do is spew verbal abuse. So how would you expect him to react? They should realize by now that this never amounts to anything except more of the same.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111525 Dec 9, 2012
Mugwump wrote:

Not that we have observed, no.

But he could be one hellava stamp collector for all we know.
Level 6

Since: Aug 07

United States

#111526 Dec 9, 2012
If you come off as snarky and mean-spirited, then that's probably what you're going to get.
LowellGuy

United States

#111527 Dec 9, 2012
Psychology wrote:
You don't explain the theory of gravity with a coin and a feather, only morons think they can.
Remind me...was the hammer and feather drop test ever performed on the Moon?

You'd think someone as learned about gravity as you obviously are would know the answer to that question without having to be slapped in the face with video evidence.
Psychology

United States

#111528 Dec 9, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Remind me...was the hammer and feather drop test ever performed on the Moon?
You'd think someone as learned about gravity as you obviously are would know the answer to that question without having to be slapped in the face with video evidence.
Then by all means idiot, tell us how the hammer feather drop explains gravity. LMAO yea, we'll wait. Moron
Psychology

United States

#111529 Dec 9, 2012
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Its clear that you are rather more fond of little boys than you should be.
You dont offer science anything, while you and other children pretend to know everything, when all you do is cut and paste,

YOU and THEY, don't know anything.

You're idiots, that's all you are.
Psychology

United States

#111530 Dec 9, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an idiot, calling other people ned, because you morons have nothing else.

There may be a pause in name calling, because I have more new science to consider.

Anybody can cut and paste children.
defender

Tucker, GA

#111531 Dec 9, 2012
swerty wrote:
Darwinism - Ruining dreams of retards since evolution began
Darwinism- Religion of speculation and wishful thinking where impossible things happen through the magical god named Natural Selection....
Psychology

United States

#111532 Dec 9, 2012
Not one scientist in the world questioned why space junk in low orbit falls back to earth, while space junk in high orbit has remained there , as anything other than a passing thought.
Psychology

United States

#111533 Dec 9, 2012
The morons in science seem unable to compare the effects of gravity from a low orbit to a high orbit with space junk and then think, ya know, if it's that way for space junk, why can't those same principles apply to planets?

Let's say this comparison is wrong. So, can we prove this is wrong, if so, how?

Oh gosh no. One can show its wrong, whatever shall we do or more portably, should we think.

Duh which way did he go George?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 16 min Into The Night 15,964
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 43 min replaytime 40,434
Scientists create vast 3-D map of universe, val... 54 min MIDutch 8
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr THE LONE WORKER 201,222
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 1 hr replaytime 96
The conscious God or the inanimate nature 5 hr Fear-God 11
Where does instinct fall within random mutations? 6 hr Joncy David 4
More from around the web