Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 179697 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#78688 Nov 17, 2011
the carpet whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be wrong. However if you can show the science makes that same claim that you do, at least you will have a little to go on.
So does science make that claim or are you making that claim?

Everything I said, except for speculation about diet, is historically and biologically factual.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#78689 Nov 17, 2011
Okay joe I have figured out why. So far no 1 here has been able to present any evidence to support their claims in reference to man's height. The proof is on quite a lot of things.

You really want to tick one of your two friends off, don't you.

Sic 'em, Joe!

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#78691 Nov 17, 2011
By the way the truth is out here that the jews do a lot of bribery to get what the have. However there are a lot of americans that have learned to do what the jews taught them to do. That's why the american congress has learned to take bribes and to give bribes to the heads of other nations.

Why do the jews control 96 percent of the world's media? Why are the jews allowed to monopolize the media throughout the entire world and epecially the united states? In the united states no 1 is supposed to have a monopoly. Jews had to bribe all in congress to maintain their monopoly in the media.

However if you don't like the truth well, too bad.
Maybe in this case the truth really isn't compelling.(shrugs)

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#78692 Nov 17, 2011
By the way the truth is out here that the jews do a lot of bribery to get what the have. However there are a lot of americans that have learned to do what the jews taught them to do. That's why the american congress has learned to take bribes and to give bribes to the heads of other nations.
Why do the jews control 96 percent of the world's media? Why are the jews allowed to monopolize the media throughout the entire world and epecially the united states? In the united states no 1 is supposed to have a monopoly. Jews had to bribe all in congress to maintain their monopoly in the media.

Royal Flush in shistcan racism.

We expect less from a creationist retard, and you always deliver!

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#78693 Nov 17, 2011
Urban Cowboy wrote:
<quoted text>
Because contamination is a very rare exception, not the rule. If you are right, then the entire process fails as totally unreliable under your scenario.(Yet you results favoring your theory!) The samples have been repeatedly measured and re-measured exchanging samples from different sources and a variety of anonymous labs and have exhausted every possible excuse imaginable and still without exception still find measurable amounts of C14 in supposed ancient samples. This obviously points to young earth. And because we were not there to record the initial conditions or the decay rate over the years, it's still just an upper age limit estimate.
Contamination of the equipment (not the diamonds) is inevitable considering there's a thousand times more C14 in the air than in the sample. The problem is to remove it before the sample is tested. Inevitable some will be left and that's what's detected, not C14 in the diamond.

Any contamination of C14 will make the sample appear younger than it is. So a sample recorded as 60,000 years old can only be that age or older, not younger.

“Be introduced to a new theory”

Level 1

Since: Aug 08

Los Angeles, CA

#78694 Nov 17, 2011
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the scientific evidence that supports the existence of multiple "human races" in history?
Hi Drew,

What are you talking about?

Level 1

Los Angeles, CA

#78695 Nov 17, 2011
Chimney wrote:
<quoted text>
No, all I am pointing out is that east asians with their measurably superior average IQ will soon dominate whiteys, possibly with the exception of Jews who have an even higher average IQ.
Whiteys in general fall to the third or forth rung. Not sure if they are really human, below the Jews and the East Asians that is. Maybe they are good for waitressing or digging ditches.
Got a problem with that?
I'm trying to tell you about reading a new theory of evolution. Think with me that certain religions symbolize and stand for certain subraces. They are in this order: 1st Egyptian, 2nd Hindu (India), 3rd Mythology (Greece), 4th Buddhism (Asia), 5th Christianity (Europe), 6th ???????, 7th Africa (Jewish of the 5th Root Race and Muslim the early manifestation of a 6th Root Race, 7th subrace) I see a need in S. America, N. America, and Australia. Do you?

Level 1

Los Angeles, CA

#78696 Nov 17, 2011
appleboy wrote:
<quoted text>
What you are presenting is a personal philosophy tested against your own insight, not a theory that must be tested against evidence.
Personal philosophy is what makes all of us a bit different. In my own personal philosophy, I find that, over the years, some of the supervisors I worked for were jerks who should have been fired, and some were really great. But I wouldn't argue those points in a Science/Technology forum.
Maybe you would have better luck in a Religion/Philosophy forum?
You have to give me some credit for intelligence. Many people are reading theosophy. If you haven't read THE SECRET DOCTRINE, H.P. Blavatsky tries to present evidence in the way of fragments from ancient books and writings that contain bits and pieces of the puzzle she puts together for us. Many people don't know of the books existence.

Level 1

Los Angeles, CA

#78697 Nov 17, 2011
Oh, and by the way, if you're mystified as to why the 7th subrace of the 6th race would come prior to the others, it is due to the special condition that is described for the 7th and final subrace. It is born at the beginning in a special condition called a "family race." The Family Race represents the goal that the other subraces are working towards and to have the example for which they are working VISIBLE AND TANGIBLE is an aid to achieving the goals of the race. So the "goal" is embodied in the 7th race which continues in a small way down through all of the subraces until at the end of the race, it blossoms forth.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#78698 Nov 17, 2011
What is the scientific evidence that supports the existence of multiple "human races" in history?
brenda6 wrote:
What are you talking about?
Didn't you make some statements about "human races"? I'm asking you what scientific evidence supports those statements.

Tampa, FL

#78699 Nov 17, 2011
brenda6 wrote:
I'm trying to tell you about reading a new theory of evolution.
Does this theory pertain to anything other than humans?
brenda6 wrote:
Think with me that certain religions symbolize and stand for certain subraces.
What is the definition of "subrace"?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#78700 Nov 17, 2011
Chimney wrote:
<quoted text>
No, all I am pointing out is that east asians with their measurably superior average IQ will soon dominate whiteys, possibly with the exception of Jews who have an even higher average IQ.
Whiteys in general fall to the third or forth rung. Not sure if they are really human, below the Jews and the East Asians that is. Maybe they are good for waitressing or digging ditches.
Got a problem with that?
WTF?

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#78701 Nov 17, 2011
brenda6 wrote:
Oh, and by the way, if you're mystified as to why the 7th subrace of the 6th race would come prior to the others, it is due to the special condition that is described for the 7th and final subrace. It is born at the beginning in a special condition called a "family race." The Family Race represents the goal that the other subraces are working towards and to have the example for which they are working VISIBLE AND TANGIBLE is an aid to achieving the goals of the race. So the "goal" is embodied in the 7th race which continues in a small way down through all of the subraces until at the end of the race, it blossoms forth.
I should've never stopped smoking weed.

Level 1

Los Angeles, CA

#78702 Nov 17, 2011
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you make some statements about "human races"? I'm asking you what scientific evidence supports those statements.
Anthropology

Level 1

Los Angeles, CA

#78703 Nov 17, 2011
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Yes, it does pertain to all evolving kingdoms. They cycle through the 7 globes in a globe chain one at a time so that by the time we ascend off earth, the globe ahead of this one will have evolving animals ready for their ascent (approximately).

Subraces are 7 and there are sub sub races and other categories. The subrace is equated to a religion and to a continent.
Mugwump

Belfast, UK

#78704 Nov 17, 2011
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
No not at all ... Here's the thing.. If you want people to believe in ToE then fine... But we are going to ask the simple question of how this can be... Well? The Big Bang? If one brings in to question the bang or Abiogenesis then we get " well that has nothing to do with ToE" .... If we question ToE.. Then we get "well abiogenesis says or the big bang says"... They move the goal post all the time... Prove your claims and we will shut up...
Hi Joe thanks for a response - with respect however it has been stated on this forum many times that ToE has nothing to do with BB or Abiogenesis - but many of those arguing against evolution cite the lack of a definitive theory on the latter as a barrier to the evidence for the former.

All I am trying to do is point out that if BB or abiogenesis is used as an argument against evolution - it can be used against all science as they are the starting point for physics ,chemistry and biology.

I am labouring this issue somewhat as it is evident that the 'anti ToE' contingent often quote if but never address the points raised that the 3 areas are not dependent . As I say , challenging one strawman at a time

Tampa, FL

#78705 Nov 17, 2011
brenda6 wrote:
Anthropology
Anthropology is an academic discipline, not a piece of scientific evidence. Could you identify a specific set of scientific facts that support the statements you had made?

Tampa, FL

#78706 Nov 17, 2011
brenda6 wrote:
Yes, it does pertain to all evolving kingdoms. They cycle through the 7 globes
What is the definition of a "globe"?

brenda6 wrote:
Subraces are 7 and there are sub sub races and other categories. The subrace is equated to a religion and to a continent.
Religions and continents are two very different things. So how does "subrace" equate to both of those?

I still don't see a *definition* of "subrace". Could you *define* the word for us?

“Church of Latter Day Heathens”

Since: Feb 09

Austin, Tx

#78707 Nov 17, 2011
Chimney wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a problem with that?
Depends on if I have to wait or dig ditches. Other than that I'm cool with it.
LowellGuy

United States

#78708 Nov 17, 2011
You misspelled "filthy Jew bastards."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 10 min Shavin Marvin 209,501
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 26 min Chimney1 152,133
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 48 min Chimney1 45,433
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 55 min It aint necessari... 20,232
America evolving into lockdown on purpose 18 hr Dogen 68
New law to further hatred towards police Sat One way or another 4
Hillary, a taco stand on every corner Sat One way or another 4
More from around the web