Should evolution be taught in high sc...

Should evolution be taught in high school?

There are 178696 comments on the www.scientificblogging.com story from Feb 24, 2008, titled Should evolution be taught in high school?. In it, www.scientificblogging.com reports that:

Microbiologist Carl Woese is well known as an iconoclast. At 79 years of age, Woese is still shaking things up. Most recently, he stated in an interview with Wired that...

"My feeling is that evolution shouldn't be taught at the lower grades. You don't teach quantum mechanics in the grade schools. One has to be quite educated to work with these concepts; what they pass on as evolution in high schools is nothing but repetitious tripe that teachers don't understand."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scientificblogging.com.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#39281 Jul 31, 2010
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
In what posting was that?
Like you don't know which thread CW argues on.
the carpert whisperer

United States

#39282 Jul 31, 2010
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You should have added the word "legislation",(even though he knows exactly which thread you were talking about) you don't know Drew very well do you?
I try to let things go from time to time. I've done enough wrong in my past. Thank you.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#39283 Jul 31, 2010
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Like you don't know which thread CW argues on.
He posts on more than one thread. I assumed that he meant that he had posted new material on *this* thread.

Since: Feb 08

Tampa, FL

#39284 Jul 31, 2010
the carpert whisperer wrote:
<quoted text>
2nd to last page. I'm on a blackberry too many differences
I went back 4 pages on this thread and can't find any postings you've made about intelligent design. If you think you've got something new to post, post it.

Location hidden

#39285 Jul 31, 2010
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
He posts on more than one thread. I assumed that he meant that he had posted new material on *this* thread.
Uh huh. Right.

Location hidden

#39286 Jul 31, 2010
Drew Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
I went back 4 pages on this thread and can't find any postings you've made about intelligent design. If you think you've got something new to post, post it.
Here we go again.
the carpert whisperer

United States

#39287 Jul 31, 2010
Intelligent design? hatred and fighting are all some people want and their words prove it.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#39288 Jul 31, 2010
<quoted text>
Congress has choices. Don't blame others.
Who puts them in office, 85% of the voters, are theist. A higher % of those in office are theist.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#39289 Jul 31, 2010
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The level of pain inflicted increases with how much your woman loves you! Castration = Adoration.
:D

OH! NO!

Location hidden

#39291 Jul 31, 2010
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
OH! NO!
But isn't it worth all that love and attention? All the jealousy that comes with her being entitled to your body?
the carpert whisperer

United States

#39292 Jul 31, 2010
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Who puts them in office, 85% of the voters, are theist. A higher % of those in office are theist.
It's the repubs, nay I tell you, it's the dems.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

#39293 Jul 31, 2010
<quoted text>
It's the repubs, nay I tell you, it's the dems.
Like most theist, when comfronded with the truth, confusion accures.
the carpert whisperer

United States

#39294 Jul 31, 2010
Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Then by all means, prove your above statements. And while you're at it, prove that all those holy theists care for more than their own petty lives--if you wish for discussion.
the carpert whisperer

United States

#39295 Jul 31, 2010
While your at it, show us how non theists are any better.

Proof please.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

#39296 Jul 31, 2010
in the loop wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah that reminds me of the time your wife caught you waxing your carrot.The funny thing is that you were reading an article on Richard Simmons. UUMMMM.
Oh, look. Another sock puppet. Jeebus must give fundies extra "rapture" points for every insulting sock puppet they create.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

#39297 Jul 31, 2010
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The level of pain inflicted increases with how much your woman loves you! Castration = Adoration.
:D
You're scaring me!!

Location hidden

#39298 Jul 31, 2010
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You're scaring me!!
Ha! Don't worry, I don't think I'm in love, I only want you to fk me like an animal.

Location hidden

#39299 Jul 31, 2010
Crap! Sorry, about that, had a few with some friends and the inhibitions are completely gone. They're all too ugly to scruw so I came home, maybe I'll go back and do one of them and imagine it's you Mike, I could use a good earth shattering orgism.
Then again it'd probably be safer drinking myself to sleep, the last thing I think of tonight will be your sweet smile.

“Turning coffee into theorems”

Since: Dec 06

Trapped inside a Klein Bottle

#39300 Jul 31, 2010
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text> Ha! Don't worry, I don't think I'm in love, I only want you to fk me like an animal.
Naughty Zoot.

Location hidden

#39301 Jul 31, 2010
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
Naughty Zoot.
Will you spank me now, Roger? Or will you erase me like Winston?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 35 min Blitzking 173,665
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr DanFromSmithville 143,921
Satan's Lies and Scientist Guys (Sep '14) Sun Chilli J 13
How would creationists explain... (Nov '14) Sun Chimney1 583
News Intelligent design Sun Paul Porter1 22
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Sun Paul Porter1 421
Darwinism: Science or Philosophy? Sun Paul Porter1 56
More from around the web