Bill Nye warns: Creation views threaten US science

Sep 24, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: SFGate

In this Feb. 7, 2012, file photo, President Barack Obama shakes hands with Bill Nye during an event in the East Room of the White House in Washington.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of242
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Walter Harold Marlin

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 25, 2012
 
Belief in Creationism will not stop a curious mind. Einstein believed/s.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 25, 2012
 
Walter Harold Marlin wrote:
Belief in Creationism will not stop a curious mind. Einstein believed/s.
Perhaps.

But not in the way you THINK he 'believed'.

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/eins...

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly."

"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings."
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 25, 2012
 

Judged:

4

3

1

Bible prophecy being fulfilled rapidly and very accurately, Either the bible is gods word or whoever wrote it is one HELL of a good guesser.
imaginaryfriend

Garden City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 25, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Science is not a "belief" system, it's based on evidence. Do creationists realize how stupid they make this nation look? Keep your beliefs out of science. Keep your beliefs out of my government. States that are allowing creationism to be taught are bringing down the entire nation. Teaching creationism is child abuse, pure and simple.
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 25, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

your blind, naked and cold....america thrived when it feared god and made his teachings known in school....look at this pathetic country now, dead, rude, hateful, sociopathic..need I go on, ever hear your pops tell you stories of when they could leave the door open at night? Try doing that these days. No sir...your an ignorant fool....public schools are child abuse....period. Raising children to take earth for granted in the name of science is abuse. You had better repent, time is short and he is near....even at the door.
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 25, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

there is tons of biblical evidence...science just keeps making excuses. Lol..try again player.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Revelations wrote:
there is tons of biblical evidence...science just keeps making excuses. Lol..try again player.
Please provide "evidence" for a Biblical flood.

....other than a Biblical verse, that is.
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 25, 2012
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Same old stuff man, i provide evidence to an atheist, nothing is ever gonna be good enough, short of god coming down to tell you himself, im wasting my time by providing you resources....so heres a video i recommend...''fortify your faith'' google it, youtube it, do what you gotta do...if you do not,choose to watch it, then i dont know what to tell you man. Except...you atheists better be right.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Revelations wrote:
Same old stuff man, i provide evidence to an atheist, nothing is ever gonna be good enough, short of god coming down to tell you himself, im wasting my time by providing you resources....so heres a video i recommend...''fortify your faith'' google it, youtube it, do what you gotta do...if you do not,choose to watch it, then i dont know what to tell you man. Except...you atheists better be right.
I disagree.

You have provided NO 'evidence'.

There *IS* no evidence for a Supreme Deity.

That's why they call it 'FAITH'.
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

you are just going by what the norm has been saying for like forever, you have ''faith'' that christ will save you, but you CAN prove all things. Sodom and gomorrah, fact..they have been found..burnt by an extremely hot source, fact the bible says the earth is round in Isaiah 40 i think...fact the bible talks of underwater springs, fact the bible tells the sun has its own orbit in psalms that wasnt known until the 90's. Fact The iceage may have been result of the flood, creating the theorized land bridge, many ground planta have been found fossilized on mountains as well as animals. Fact dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible. Fact early scholars have recorded a ''day of darkness and a great quake'' the day of christs crucifixion. Fact, Nebuchenezzar has been recorded in history of disappearing for 3 years from the public eye. Fact, the bible goes into detail of why he dissappeared book of daniel...the list goes on and on and on.
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

so when circumcision was commanded by god, which has good benefits....do you think the hebrews just said,''hmmm lets see what happens when we cut a piece of little johnnies penis off.'' let alone KNOWING and scientifically proven to do it on the eighth day? When a babies blood clots the best? How does a 6k bc human even know that? Unless a higher being told them. Not to mention UFO's in the bible that are still witnessed around the world, me including. Its all in the bible, but its up to us personally to choose to accept it or deny it. Watch the video.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 26, 2012
 
Revelations for every "fulfilled" prophesy you can find I can probably find an unfulfilled one. In fact some of my unfulfilled prophesies will take away some of your fulfilled ones because I am betting that you will be using poor sources to back up your prophesies.

So are you up to it? Just one at a time, no more no less. Galloping is not allowed.
Don

Sioux Falls, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

imaginaryfriend wrote:
Science is not a "belief" system, it's based on evidence. Do creationists realize how stupid they make this nation look? Keep your beliefs out of science. Keep your beliefs out of my government. States that are allowing creationism to be taught are bringing down the entire nation. Teaching creationism is child abuse, pure and simple.
Ok, you don't believe that God created the Universe. If God didn't do it, who did, Einstein?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Revelations wrote:
you are just going by what the norm has been saying for like forever, you have ''faith'' that christ will save you, but you CAN prove all things. Sodom and gomorrah, fact..they have been found..burnt by an extremely hot source, fact the bible says the earth is round in Isaiah 40 i think...fact the bible talks of underwater springs, fact the bible tells the sun has its own orbit in psalms that wasnt known until the 90's. Fact The iceage may have been result of the flood, creating the theorized land bridge, many ground planta have been found fossilized on mountains as well as animals. Fact dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible. Fact early scholars have recorded a ''day of darkness and a great quake'' the day of christs crucifixion. Fact, Nebuchenezzar has been recorded in history of disappearing for 3 years from the public eye. Fact, the bible goes into detail of why he dissappeared book of daniel...the list goes on and on and on.
Wow.

So many words, so little content.

Sodom and Gomorrah have NOT been definitively found, at least according to archeologists I've read. Interesting conjecture listed here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bab_edh-Dhra

The Bible may say the earth is "round", but in fact it is more or less **SPHERICAL**....like a ball, NOT like a dinner plate such as described in the Bible. The authors writing thes texts describing a "circle" had words that also could have been used to describe a "sphere". They were wrong about the shape of the earth. But you could always side with *THIS GUY*: http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/

Early scholars recorded a "day of darkness and a great quake" the day of christ's crucifixion? Indeed?

The earliest documentation found about Jesus was written by Flavius Josephus about 93-94A.D. 60 years after His supposed death. Why?

Bottom line: The Bible CAN be a fine book for passing life lessons, teaching a moral code, etc.

....but it is NOT a science or history book.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Don wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, you don't believe that God created the Universe. If God didn't do it, who did, Einstein?
Why do you believe that something had to create the universe? Using your logic who created god?
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Subduction Zone wrote:
Revelations for every "fulfilled" prophesy you can find I can probably find an unfulfilled one. In fact some of my unfulfilled prophesies will take away some of your fulfilled ones because I am betting that you will be using poor sources to back up your prophesies.
So are you up to it? Just one at a time, no more no less. Galloping is not allowed.
of course there are unfulfilled ones man, the antichrist hasnt risen to power yet, nor the great quake, but the ones that have been fulfilled simply have, the ones that havnt simply havnt. So whats it matter if you can find unfulfilled prophecy? I can too. Lol.
Pamela

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Everyone lives out of science. People live by medical care, advances in medicine, by having central heat and air, buy all the things science discovers. If not for science, we would all still be living in caves and there would be no doctors. Men made up the gods before scientists found out why the earth has earthquakes, why there are floods, before man found out how to cure diseases. People made up gods to cope with natural disasters and with disease and death. But, man uses science, not gods, to deal with all of those things. And, now that global warming is upon us, again it will be the scientists who figure it out, who move us off of carbon energy, who move humans into a new sustainable way of living. The gods won't do anything, as always because they are not real, and people will keep fighting over their different religions while science continues to solve the problems and everyone uses science to live.
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
So many words, so little content.
Sodom and Gomorrah have NOT been definitively found, at least according to archeologists I've read. Interesting conjecture listed here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bab_edh-Dhra
The Bible may say the earth is "round", but in fact it is more or less **SPHERICAL**....like a ball, NOT like a dinner plate such as described in the Bible. The authors writing thes texts describing a "circle" had words that also could have been used to describe a "sphere". They were wrong about the shape of the earth. But you could always side with *THIS GUY*: http://theflatearthsociety.org/cms/
Early scholars recorded a "day of darkness and a great quake" the day of christ's crucifixion? Indeed?
The earliest documentation found about Jesus was written by Flavius Josephus about 93-94A.D. 60 years after His supposed death. Why?
Bottom line: The Bible CAN be a fine book for passing life lessons, teaching a moral code, etc.
....but it is NOT a science or history book.
just like i said, i provide info you shoot it down, not with facts...but some other scientists/atheists theories, no proof will be good enough to prove god to you, and no proof to disprove god will be good enough for me...we have chosen whom we serve...you mammon, me christ...now we just resepect each others choices and hope for the best. My posts are for believers and people on the fence, not for people who are stubborn and dead set on ''there is no god'' watch the video..''fortify your faith'' like i said, unless you watch it..i cant help you, its between you and god now.
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Pamela, science and the bible go hand in hand. And Subduction...lets see you ''unfulfill'' Daniel 11:41-45, Matthew 24, Hosea 4:1 2 3 4, 2Tim chapter 3, 1Tim chapter 4, Isaiah 17:1. And I have more.
Revelations

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 26, 2012
 

Judged:

2

2

2

P.S. Poor or good sources in matter of opinion

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of242
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••