Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1820 Aug 19, 2013
Decade_in_Ruin wrote:
God said let US ( plural ) man in OUR ( plural ) image. And HE made THEM male and female. Man being of both sex not one and Adam being not the first man but the last man created but the first to be converted into only one sex male and another sex woman being female.
When a child is born today that is,( hermorphadite ) it is called a genetic abnormality. Yet according to the text the god of Adam was the one that was ashamed of what ( I have created ) but Christians proclaim that the ones before Adam were beasts as they were mad at the same time.
As Jesus pointed out " they will come in my name and confound the teaching "
Is it right for same sex. Not for me to judge.
Does the bible say it is wrong. No there is nothing that says god is against it.the word sex is mentioned one time " bring him out so we may know ( have sex ) him. However a bit of research will show that the actual reading is fornicate. And fornicate does not mean sex.
Man shall not lie with another man as with woman.
Again , a bit of research will prove it is not about sex. Lie is to give false whiteness towards.
The list goes on and on in the Christians poor attempt to excuse themselves of not loving thy neibour.
So please read the bible and research it.
And stop regurgitating the same roman BS.
Like a dog eating its own vomit.
So you're not much for reading?

Level 9

Location hidden

#1821 Aug 19, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
DUDE!
USE PARAGRAPHS.
Your wall'o'words is totally unreadable.
Of course-- the fact that you cannot spell, and have no clue how to end a sentence isn't helping, either...
LOL

Level 9

Location hidden

#1822 Aug 19, 2013
I think arguing with Brian is a complete and utter waste of time. Brian already knows everything. lol

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#1824 Aug 19, 2013
Margarette_2988 wrote:
Very well said. Religion and Beliefs in Life will keep a person back to sanity, somehow... Yet we're only Human and No one is Perfect. We're All equal in God's eyes, NO sin big or small.
There is gradations of sin just as there is right and wrong. One is perfect but no person is perfect but that doesn't mean all sins are equal.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#1825 Aug 19, 2013
So, defamation is wrong, not homosexuality or homosexuals. Being gay is no sin but same sex marriage is according to every holy text that describes marriage.

Same sex marriage is taboo.

Level 9

Location hidden

#1826 Aug 19, 2013
Oh put a sock in it Brian. No one is asking you to marry a guy. Leave others alone, what they do is none of your business and no amount of rationalizing is going to make it yours.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Level 2

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#1827 Aug 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Marriage is male/female, that's the choice. For integration, diversity and the greater good for public welfare we define marriage as one man and one woman. Sex segregated marriage introduces disunity and separatism.
Other than that, I agree with DNF's post.
Your one man one woman marriage drumbeat falls apart with it's 50+% divorce rate.

Your gender segregated marriage gay panic defense falls apart on so many levels I hesitate to begin listing them again. Widows and widowers who raise children should be banned under your rules. Single parents from divorce should be banned from raising children in your morally just world of laws on who can raise a child.

You STILL can't show me a single child ever born who did't have male and female parents and male and female role models available throughout it's life.

SSM is here Brian.

Get over it.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#1828 Aug 19, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
Oh put a sock in it Brian.
Sweet nothings will get you nowhere.

_Susan_ wrote:
No one is asking you to marry a guy.
I never claimed so, it's folks like Sue going around thinking folks are worried about economic circumstance, family pressure or gang extortion forcing a man to marry another man or a woman to marry another woman. Those aren't my primary concerns.

Same sex marriage changes the law for everyone creating a new standard of sex segregated marriage where before all marriage had to contain both sexes. I like diversity and integration; that's why I like laws that keep marriage as is.

_Susan_ wrote:
Leave others alone,
I don't tell them what to do; I write what I think. You don't have to agree.

_Susan_ wrote:
what they do is none of your business and no amount of rationalizing is going to make it yours.
I support freedom of association; in every state same sex couples may have a religious same sex wedding ceremony, travel to and from a state that licenses same sex marriage for their wedding or simply ask people to treat them as if married. Same sex cohabitation is perfectly legal too. This issue isn't about freedom or equality.

The issue is special rights to rewrite marriage law for all; changing the way government treats gender and marriage. Let's reform entitlement spending, not rewrite law for everybody.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#1829 Aug 19, 2013
DNF wrote:
Your one man one woman marriage drumbeat falls apart with it's 50+% divorce rate.
The First Same-Sex Divorce in Minnesota

It's only been one week since same-sex marriage became legal in Minnesota, but the state already has its first gay divorce.

By Harry Swartout Aug. 08, 2013

It’s only been one week since same-sex marriage became legal in Minnesota, but the state already has its first gay divorce.

In addition to granting same-sex partners the right to marry, Minnesota’s law recognized any marriage obtained in another state or country. Some of these couples have long been separated and are now formalizing their split and becoming officially divorced. Alimony, child support, and property agreements, previously voluntary for same-sex couples seeking divorce, can now be legally binding.

In this video, Dawn Tuckner, who has been separated from her wife for 3 years, looks forward to her divorce, saying,“Everybody makes mistakes, and we shouldn’t be punished for the mistakes we’ve made in the past based on the law.” Now, Tuckner will finally be able to move on from her mistake and marry her new partner.

http://nation.time.com/2013/08/08/the-first-s...

DNF wrote:
Your gender segregated marriage gay panic defense falls apart on so many levels I hesitate to begin listing them again.
Same sex means sex segregated; opposite sex marriage is sex integrated. One man/one woman marriage maximizes diversity; that's the perfect affirmative action ratio 1:1.

DNF wrote:
Widows and widowers who raise children should be banned under your rules.
^^^Totally false; the only one writing about banned single child custodians is DNF; I've never suggested anything so absurd or totalitarian. That's the action of the fascist; we just want marriage kept as is, so that wife raising the child is the kid's mom and not a same sex partner who won a child custody battle in court because she belongs to a mascot victim group.

DNF wrote:
Single parents from divorce should be banned from raising children in your morally just world of laws on who can raise a child.
^^^Again, completely untrue. Note the word "banned", I almost never use it. I advocate marriage as male/female, not banning religious same sex marriage or travel or freedom of association. Nor do I advocate banning parents from raising their own children; I've for the opposite.

A good reason to model marriage as male/female, so if your son knocks up some girl, he'll understand about the responsibilities of a man, husband and father. Same goes for your daughter and the responsibilities of woman, wife and mother. Stable social models are good for civilization; radical change not so much.

DNF wrote:
You STILL can't show me a single child ever born who did't have male and female parents and male and female role models available throughout it's life.
But I can show any child raised by a same sex couple is raised motherless or fatherless.

DNF wrote:
SSM is here Brian. Get over it.
Maybe there, not here. Most of America is SSM free. We all value diversity and integration to go for sex segregated marriage.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#1830 Aug 19, 2013
Margarette_2988 wrote:
Yes i understand what you mean. There's a lot of religion and cult out there that makes false promises.
Problem is that they're all as provable as each other. Even yours.
Margarette_2988 wrote:
Still one cannot judge another just because that persons happens to believe in something even if it's unseen cause it is ones faith that keeps them going.
That's all very nice and all but beliefs are irrelevant. I judge others on their acts.
Margarette_2988 wrote:
The fact is that, we have no control over it, whether it do good or bad on their Lives.
Then fundies who do bad things in the name of religion do it because they can't help it either. It's not their fault. They just have no morality because they're only doing what they think their religion dictates, as I pointed out. Kinda undercuts the religion providing morality argument.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#1831 Aug 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
So, defamation is wrong, not homosexuality or homosexuals. Being gay is no sin but same sex marriage is according to every holy text that describes marriage.
Same sex marriage is taboo.
So was inter-race marriage. Fact is you're still using your religious beliefs as an argument against it here. There is no argument which you have brought up which one of us here has not already debunked. You simply have no rational argument. And you certainly have no legal one. We've always had the US Constitution to back us up. All you're worried about is the "change in culture".

Very old newsflash (again)- the culture already changed, nearly 200 years before you were born. It's called the US Constitution. Don't like it? Go to somewhere else where they think like you do. Might I suggest Iran.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#1832 Aug 19, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
so if your son knocks up some girl, he'll understand about the responsibilities
Utterly irrelevant to marriage.

Unless of course you're one of those Biblical fundies who insists that a man MUST marry a woman after he has 'knocked her up'. A rather simplistic solution to a situation with far more complicated variables, marriage or no.
Brian_G wrote:
But I can show any child raised by a same sex couple is raised motherless or fatherless.
No you can't. Unless you can show us another modern day miraculous virgin birth in homo sapiens. Betcha can't.

Level 9

Location hidden

#1833 Aug 19, 2013
One word for Brian's whining. FAIL!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Level 2

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1834 Aug 19, 2013
suncore wrote:
<quoted text>
I see through your BS as well. Which is why I posted that post.
Your hate shows in this post. Now you can lay blame where you want and you will blame all you can,,, except yourself of course,,, but in you is where the problem lays.
I see your hate.

I acknowledge you hate me very much, to have written the above.

I therefore conclude you **must** be one of those "Jesus is Love" types, who like to spread your hate on everyone you meet.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1835 Aug 19, 2013
suncore wrote:
<quoted text>
I do find it funny that right from the start you add jesus in your comment to lay blame on. For all you know I worship the dark side or as you would call him Satan.
I see your hate.

I therefore conclude you **must** be one of those "Jesus is Love" types, who like to spread your hate on everyone you meet.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1836 Aug 19, 2013
suncore wrote:
<quoted text>
But then again didn't you say that you consider your self a male lesbian... in that you love women, but you also want to be friends with women too?
That comment alone is a strike at the lesbians and a pat on your back for your self.
I see your hate.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1837 Aug 19, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
and raise you two jealousies
LOL!

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1838 Aug 19, 2013
Margarette_2988 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very well said.
Religion and Beliefs in Life will keep a person back to sanity, somehow... Yet we're only Human and No one is Perfect. We're All equal in God's eyes, NO sin big or small.
Yet... your small-minded deity cannot manage to forgive AFTER we die.

Why?

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1839 Aug 19, 2013
Margarette_2988 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense?! You are so quick to judge..tsk.tsk.
I didn't say you can define people actions base on their religions or beliefs. What i meant is that *religion* serve as a guide to do what is right or wrong *according* to Gods will that if someone happens to pause, step back and think then they will seek God for anything (forgiveness/answer/etc..) and eventually will find a bliss on it.
Religion maybe superstition for you but not for every one.
Religion is only a crutch for anyone unable to face actual reality.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1840 Aug 19, 2013
Margarette_2988 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes i understand what you mean. There's a lot of religion and cult out there that makes false promises.
Can you name **one** religion that does **not** offer false promises-- AS FAR AS ANYONE CAN TEST FOR?

Hmmm?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 22 min DanFromSmithville 164,321
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 30 min Zog Has-fallen 19,062
News British Ban Teaching Creationism As Science, Sh... (Jul '14) 3 hr goonsquad 162
How can we prove God exists, or does not? May 26 Gillette 84
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) May 26 DanFromSmithville 141,352
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) May 25 UncommonSense2015 178,616
has science finally debunked the 'god' myth? May 24 UncommonSense2015 10
More from around the web