Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Conservapedia

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Comments
1,641 - 1,660 of 3,862 Comments Last updated Nov 23, 2013

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1717 Aug 16, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
There's no evidence of discrimination against homosexuals, only an admitted moral belief regarding marriage. If she loses her free speech, yours may be next.
Your opinions about marriage are just as worthless as your opinions about god.

When you are brave enough to back up your beliefs, your morals might matter more.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Level 2

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1718 Aug 16, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Sane you are not.
<quoted text>
And troll he is, too.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1719 Aug 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not write the article in the link I provided. But even scientists say it has something to do with environmental factors. "scientists theorize that it is caused by a combination of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences,with biological factors involving a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment."
Or is the one time you are going to say science can be wrong?
Environmental factors IN THE WOMB, you idiot.

Are you seriously this stupid, or do you make special effort to **seem** to be stupid?

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1720 Aug 16, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if you ever claimed it, but others seem to think that you have expanded "environmental factors" to the home that they are brought up in. It seems that there is not any real support for that part of your claim, that is if you made it.

Environmental in this case seems to refer to the environment of the uterus. Once you are out of the oven it seems accepted that you are done.
Yep. He's both a liar and quite stupid.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1721 Aug 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I just posted the article with the link.
The article says you are a liar.
replaytime wrote:
Again they can do as they choose or were born to be, it is not up to me.
Correct-- it is not. Which is quite fortunate for all concerned.

You appear to be quite the bigot.
replaytime wrote:
I have several friends that are homosexual.
I doubt that very much-- they may be forced to be around you, but I doubt they consider you an actual friend.
replaytime wrote:
They have asked me if it bothers me and I laugh and say its your life so do what makes you happy but I prefer not to see it. They just laugh back and understand.
Again? I doubt they understand or tolerate you-- likely they put up with your bigotry because they are forced to, and are too polite to tell you off.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

#1722 Aug 16, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The article says you are a liar.
<quoted text>
Correct-- it is not. Which is quite fortunate for all concerned.
You appear to be quite the bigot.
<quoted text>
I doubt that very much-- they may be forced to be around you, but I doubt they consider you an actual friend.
<quoted text>
Again? I doubt they understand or tolerate you-- likely they put up with your bigotry because they are forced to, and are too polite to tell you off.
Bob get laid or go take a vacation. You are way too uptight and biotchy all the time. What I said was true but people like you are just as big of an enemy to homosexuals as the bigots are. You treat people like me that really don't care either way like crap, Hoping to spark off a argument or controversy which will just cause more tension in a subject that already has enough tension in it.

Level 9

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1723 Aug 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Environmental factors IN THE WOMB, you idiot.
Are you seriously this stupid, or do you make special effort to **seem** to be stupid?
Now, now Bob, why are you criticizing this poor little guy for making such a special effort! lol

Shouldn't we be complimenting him on his "effort". I think his "effort" has succeeded beyond his wildest dreams!

“Why does my ignorance”

Level 5

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#1724 Aug 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes-- you **would** need that, wouldn't you?
Farmers have been experimenting with hormone control for thousands of years--by making steers out of bulls, they create a meat-animal that tastes better than a bull would, by removing the testosterone-producing glands.
So clearly, robo-cow would require only female hormone glands.
And I suppose the pituitary gland, which is in the brain, would need to be left intact too.
Hmmmm... robo cow isn't as simple as all **that**...
:D
hahaha!

We'll just take out most of the brain. And then feel better about our decision to hook robocow up to machines and basically torture it its entire life, for the sake of a clean environment and good tasting food.

Yaaaay, robocow!

Level 9

Location hidden

#1725 Aug 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha!
We'll just take out most of the brain. And then feel better about our decision to hook robocow up to machines and basically torture it its entire life, for the sake of a clean environment and good tasting food.
Yaaaay, robocow!
RAmen, now there's a plan!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#1726 Aug 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
And to explain my last post a little further. If it takes a vote of the people to let someone do what they want, then in reality they don't have the freedom to do what they want.
Precisely the point.
replaytime wrote:
They are allowed it by the people that let them do that by that vote, which again as I stated it is not up to me to tell people what to do to be happy, that is their choice. To each his own. Good night all and have a great one.
But if they don't have the freedom to do what they want then it is not their choice. It IS up to you because you HAVE a vote. Or are you saying the infringement of freedom guaranteed by the Constitution not really something you're concerned about?

You are quite Brian G-like, so I wonder just how far those similarities go.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#1727 Aug 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob get laid or go take a vacation. You are way too uptight and biotchy all the time. What I said was true but people like you are just as big of an enemy to homosexuals as the bigots are. You treat people like me that really don't care either way like crap, Hoping to spark off a argument or controversy which will just cause more tension in a subject that already has enough tension in it.
You appear tense. Ask Bri to give you a massage.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1728 Aug 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
No-- I treat **bigots** like you like crap--which you deserve.

You **bigots** keep spreading the LIES about gays around as far and as wide as you can-- that's how you people operate.

You've more than demonstrated how deep your bigotry goes.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1729 Aug 16, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now Bob, why are you criticizing this poor little guy for making such a special effort! lol
Shouldn't we be complimenting him on his "effort". I think his "effort" has succeeded beyond his wildest dreams!
He's just another religiously-inspired bigot, who spreads lies his ugly religion has forced deep into what's left of his brains.

I have no use for bigots of any stripe.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1730 Aug 16, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha!
Yaaaay, robocow!
Exactly! The robo-cow has no brains-- it cannot feel **anything**.

:)

Even the Hindu would approve, I would think-- without brains, it cannot have a soul, so it's not a "vessel" for reincarnation.

Imagine the vast acres of formerly-cow-covered land that would be freed up with this?

<heh>

Level 9

Location hidden

#1731 Aug 16, 2013
<quoted text>
He's just another religiously-inspired bigot, who spreads lies his ugly religion has forced deep into what's left of his brains.
I have no use for bigots of any stripe.
RAmen!

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1732 Aug 16, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
RAmen!
Indeed-- may his Noodly Appendage touch your heart.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#1733 Aug 16, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed-- may his Noodly Appendage touch your heart.
Thanks for the information on cow gas. I suppose it doesn't seem like the most auspicious end to mankind to disappear by a fart in a whirlwind. Maybe at the end we could light it and make it more spectacular.

Interesting idea with the robo-cow. They aren't too far from that now. Margaret Atwood uses a similar idea with chicken in her novel Oryx and Crake.

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Level 4

the alternate future

#1734 Aug 16, 2013
Robo-cows. That's an unusual idea.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1735 Aug 16, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the information on cow gas. I suppose it doesn't seem like the most auspicious end to mankind to disappear by a fart in a whirlwind. Maybe at the end we could light it and make it more spectacular.

Interesting idea with the robo-cow. They aren't too far from that now. Margaret Atwood uses a similar idea with chicken in her novel Oryx and Crake.
Artificially grown animal tissue has been fodder for Science Fiction stories since the 50's at least.

Of course, we now know that DNA by itself wouldn't work at all-- epigenetics would be missing the proper environmental cues, and you'd not get muscle tissue-- you'd get a gooey mess.

Of course, the famous "chicken heart" experiment shows that if you **start** with relatively mature muscle tissue and grow your muscle from **that**, it does work.

Google "Chicken heart experiment" for more.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#1736 Aug 16, 2013
Lelouch0 wrote:
Robo-cows. That's an unusual idea.
It's one possible way to grow artificial animal tissue without growing the whole animal.

As science slowly unravels how DNA and epigenetics works, we are realizing that the environment is essential for proper cellular differentiation and growth.

So it appears that the SciFi dream of growing, say succulent T-bone steaks as a giant slab on a sterile stainless steel table is a pipe-dream-- won't work. The muscle tissue doesn't have the cues it needs to **be** muscle tissue-- and it won't work as we now understand it.

Muscle requires movement, for one thing, to grow properly. It also seems to require other things nearby, like fatty tissue, connective tissue, bones, etc.

That is, if you are starting from scratch.

Of course, if you were to start **with** those succulent meats--still alive-- and began from there? Well--that may just work.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 13 min TedHOhio 172,529
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 32 min inbred Genius 115,251
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr DanFromSmithville 136,276
Genetic 'Adam' and 'Eve' Uncovered - live science (Sep '13) 3 hr susanblange 321
Evolution Theory Facing Crisis 5 hr TedHOhio 209
Science News (Sep '13) Aug 28 positronium 2,848
The Satanic Character of Social Darwinism Aug 27 Zog Has-fallen 343
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••