Atheism and homosexuality

Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#3292 Oct 30, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!
The same thing: you admitted you could not prove god is real-- but you said you believed **anyway**.
The use of the word "anyway" is tacit admission that you do not **really** think god is actually real...!
LOL!
You really **are** a low grade moron-- and you are sloppy in your use of language.
Classic traits of the god-besotted with severe brain damage (faith).
So you admit you are a liar in saying "I said I don't think God is real" Not knowing is not denying. I said and will say again. "I do not know if God is real or not, I believe He is". That in no way says I don't think God is real. It simply says I don't know. You look for too much and analyze peoples comments too much to twist them to what you want it to be.

Science does not know if there life other life in our universe or not but they believe there may be so they continue to look. But if they believe there may or may not be does that mean they think there is no other life out in our universe? Again what a tard. No. It simply means they don’t know!

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#3293 Oct 30, 2013
<quoted text>
It is cute that you think I give a shyt about what you think.
You are just another god-besotted moron.
You have no original thoughts of any kind-- you even steal silly photos to vainly try to express your hate.
How cute.
What is even more cute is how you come on ranting and replying to many comments of others and thinking they give a crap about what you think or that your replies will make a difference. You are just another internet troll that likes to bitch and gripe. It shows in all of your posts. Again what a tard.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Level 2

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3294 Oct 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit you are a liar in saying
Nope. I did not lie-- you said it.

But you are so incredibly egomaniac and stupid, you do not realize the consequences of your own stupid words.

Classic god-besotted: the brain damage is deep with you.

It is cute that you keep using filthy words to try to bolster your "arguments", though.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Level 2

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3295 Oct 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What is even more cute is how you come on ranting and replying to many comments of others and thinking they give a crap about what you think or that your replies will make a difference. You are just another internet troll that likes to bitch and gripe. It shows in all of your posts. Again what a tard.
How cute. You **still** think I care about you.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#3296 Oct 30, 2013
<quoted text>
How cute. You **still** think I care about you.
Bob, this guy is just some loser Troll that was stalking me all over Topix and followed me to the Evolution Forum last May. I guess he figures it is where he can get as much attention as he can. Sorry about being the reason he has ended up here.

His response to this post will be to say how much I can't get him out of his mind. He even said that I post about him on threads he doesn't even go to. I asked him how he was able to read my posts if he wasn't there. Haven't gotten an answer back yet.

He has some major issues and takes them out on people on here. Has he given you all his sad story of woe to garner sympathy? I know he has posted it a number of times in case anyone missed it. I have corned him a couple of times where he has plead for help from other people on the forum like he was a little kid. I believe he was under the impression that I had only recently come to the forum and he wanted help proving that. He is a sad little character, but I thought he was getting better and more reasonable. I guess not.

He lies a lot. He has multiple socks that he posts on here with. If you piss him off too much he will stalk you. He can't bear to admit he is wrong and he will nitpick you to distraction over triviality. I take it you have seen some of that. He can't stand being ignored. His favorite thing seems to be accusing others of doing the very things he does.

He isn't stupid, but apparently has decided that he doesn't want to use intelligence. Maybe he feels inferior from lack of education. I don't know. I think inferiority is his major problem.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#3297 Oct 31, 2013
Your idiotic "argument" was that gay rights is somehow "antidemocratic". I pointed out that using democracy,**slavery** was allowed-- until it was forced out by **war**. Is it going to take another **war** to grant homosexuals **equal** rights for you bigots? Is **that** what you are now saying?
Homosexuals have always had the same rights as straights, to marry under the same laws. And they have married, Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter are two examples. The issue isn't equal rights, the issue is the special right to rewrite marriage law for everyone.

BTW, slavery ended by vote, the war was in response to secession. Why can't you put same sex marriage up for vote, the same way slavery, women's vote and the 18 year old vote became a right?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#3298 Oct 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuals have always had the same rights as straights, to marry under the same laws. And they have married, Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter are two examples. The issue isn't equal rights, the issue is the special right to rewrite marriage law for everyone.
BTW, slavery ended by vote, the war was in response to secession. Why can't you put same sex marriage up for vote, the same way slavery, women's vote and the 18 year old vote became a right?
Creationism is no excuse for preventing gays from getting married, Brian.

Prove your god first, then start shouting about your deeply held prejudices and fears.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#3299 Oct 31, 2013
Creationism isn't on my list, but then Senator Obama's justification for one man and one woman marriage is:

Reason
22 Marriage is also a sacred union. God’s in the mix.- B. Obama

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#3300 Oct 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuals have always had the same rights as straights, to marry under the same laws.....
Didn't that SAME argument fail against interracial marriage?

I believe that happened because society doesn't really think that a loveless marriage of convenience is the ideal.

Why do YOU think that argument failed int he past? And why continue to use it?

Location hidden

#3301 Oct 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Creationism isn't on my list, but then Senator Obama's justification for one man and one woman marriage is:
Reason
The nice thing about life is that we continue to learn and grow. Obama did, and now the federal government recognizes EVERY legal same sex marriage.

If Obama can learn, and embrace the truth, then you can, too. We'll hope for that. You will be much happier without all this resentment and bigotry.

Location hidden

#3302 Oct 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>......
If you believe slavery ended by popular vote, and women earned the right to vote that way, you might want to crack open a history book.

These things were changed through the amendment process.

And we don't vote on which civil rights other Americans can receive. When it does happen, and there is no valid state interest in denying those civil rights, the courts overturn those unconstitutional laws.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#3303 Oct 31, 2013
The amendment process is by vote; same sex marriage is antidemocratic.

“From a distance...”

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

Planet Earth

#3304 Oct 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Homosexuals have always had the same rights as straights, to marry under the same laws. And they have married, Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter are two examples.
As you've been told repeatedly, Brian, equal application of the law isn't the same thing as constitutional equal protection of the law. Blacks had the right to marry under the same anti-miscegenation laws as whites; the law applied equally to both groups. Yet anti-miscegenation laws were struck down as unconstitutional.
Brian_G wrote:
The issue isn't equal rights, the issue is the special right to rewrite marriage law for everyone.
So you think anti-miscegenation laws should be reinstated since striking them down "rewrote marriage law for everyone"?
Brian_G wrote:
BTW, slavery ended by vote
No, slavery ended by executive order of President Lincoln in his Emancipation Proclamation.
Brian_G wrote:
the war was in response to secession. Why can't you put same sex marriage up for vote, the same way slavery, women's vote and the 18 year old vote became a right?
Same sex marriage came about via vote in 10 of the 15 states/districts that allow it. Why do you ignore that?

Regardless, the Founders never intended the civil rights of minority groups to be subject to popular vote. And SCOTUS has ruled likewise.

“From a distance...”

Level 1

Planet Earth

#3305 Oct 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Reason
Which he explicitly clarified it was in the mix for himself, not for everyone, Brian.

Why do you lie?

“From a distance...”

Level 1

Planet Earth

#3306 Oct 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Tell that to the 10 states/district that adopted same sex marriage via vote.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#3307 Oct 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
the laws preventing inter-racial marriages were not struck down by popular vote. nor should the laws against SSM.

but they are being struck down by popular vote, and the trend is only one way...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#3308 Oct 31, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the laws preventing inter-racial marriages were not struck down by popular vote. nor should the laws against SSM.
but they are being struck down by popular vote, and the trend is only one way...
The laws against gay marriage are being struck down by a combination of popular vote; as in my state where it was done through the initiative process, by elected officials, and by the courts. Of the three I prefer the way it was done in my state. It shows that the people of the state have lost some of their prejudices.

You are right that it is only one way.

Does anyone here think that Brian will ever resign to this fact with what little of his dignity is still intact or will he go down swinging?

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#3309 Oct 31, 2013
Terra Firma wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's what bigots like you said when the military was ordered to integrate the races within its ranks too, Brian. Funny how the arguments never change, just the minority target of your prejudice.
Exactly. This is the *only* argument made against interracial marriage in Loving v VA:
"Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And, but for the interference with his arrangement, there would be no cause for such marriage. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix."

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#3310 Oct 31, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Homosexuals have always had the same rights as straights, to marry under the same laws.
And blacks had the same rights as whites to ride the bus under the same "blacks sit in the back" laws.
Brian_G wrote:
And they have married, Oscar Wilde and Meredith Baxter are two examples. The issue isn't equal rights, the issue is the special right to rewrite marriage law for everyone.
Could Oscar Wilde have married a man? Meredith Baxter did. That's not equal, stupid.
Brian_G wrote:
BTW, slavery ended by vote, the war was in response to secession.
No, liar, it didn't.
BTW, laws against interracial marriage didn't end by popular vote, either.
Brian_G wrote:
Why can't you put same sex marriage up for vote, the same way slavery, women's vote and the 18 year old vote became a right?
Slavery became a right?

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Level 10

Home, sweet home.

#3311 Oct 31, 2013
Terra Firma wrote:
No, slavery ended by executive order of President Lincoln in his Emancipation Proclamation....
No:

"The Proclamation []did not itself outlaw slavery, and did not make the ex-slaves (called freedmen) citizens."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipation_Pro...

"... on the first day of January ... all persons held as slaves within any State, or designated part of a State, the people whereof shall then be in rebellion against the United States shall be then, thenceforward, and forever free." President Abraham Lincoln, preliminary Emancipation Proclamation, September 22, 1862
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/american_ori...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 24 min MADRONE 159,305
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 28 min u196533dm 58,079
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 1 hr Dogen 1,904
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Eagle 12 27,273
News Intelligent Design Education Day Feb 19 replaytime 2
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) Feb 19 replaytime 219,597
News Betsy DeVos' Code Words for Creationism Offshoo... Feb 16 scientia potentia... 1
More from around the web