Atheism and homosexuality

There are 3861 comments on the Conservapedia story from Dec 5, 2011, titled Atheism and homosexuality. In it, Conservapedia reports that:

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Conservapedia.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Level 2

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3270 Oct 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Same sex marriage came to America by court order, not by vote. That's why same sex marriage is antidemocratic. No state has enacted same sex marriage by referendum. The closest it comes, same sex marriage legislation has been approved by voter referendum in two states, referendum has stopped same sex marriage too.
"In 28 out of 30 states where constitutional amendments or initiatives that define marriage as the union of a man and a woman were put on the ballot in a referendum, voters approved such amendments."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-sex_marriag...
And **anti-slavery** came to the **south** by ... war.

So much for your "argument".

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#3271 Oct 30, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
And **anti-slavery** came to the **south** by ... war. So much for your "argument".
Who says war is always bad? It has nothing to do with my argument, slavery ended in the USA by Constitutional amendment, democratic process. Same sex marriage came to America by court order, those judges weren't voted into office by citizens nor are they accountable to those citizens. That's why same sex marriage is antidemocratic.

Slavery ended by democratic process, same sex marriage was introduced to America by authoritarian dictate. There's a difference.
amousynon

Billings, MT

#3272 Oct 30, 2013
Same sex marriage has been passed in no less than six states by populous vote. Go be full of shit somewhere else.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#3273 Oct 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Same sex marriage came to America by court order, not by vote. That's why same sex marriage is antidemocratic. No state has enacted same sex marriage by referendum. The closest it comes, same sex marriage legislation has been approved by voter referendum in two states, referendum has stopped same sex marriage too.
"In 28 out of 30 states where constitutional amendments or initiatives that define marriage as the union of a man and a woman were put on the ballot in a referendum, voters approved such amendments."
Fundamental rights nay not be put to a vote. West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette. Learn the law, Brian, you will make yourself look foolish less often.

You have no more right to vote on a same sex couples right to marry than they have to vote on who you may marry, whether you may own a gun, whether you may have freedom of speech, etc. If you weren't an idiot, you might be able to understand that.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#3274 Oct 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Same sex marriage came to America by court order, not by vote......s
Why in the world would we get to vote on which basic civil and human rights other Americans receive? Aren't they guaranteed to all law-abiding tax-payers?

A majority should never be able to strip basic rights way form a disliked minority, for no rational reason or logical state interest. To do so is unconstitutional. That is one of the purposes of the court system - to redress such injustice.

If you don't like how the founding fathers created the three branches of government, why do you stay in the US?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#3275 Oct 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>No, he didn't use "soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors" to justify his argument.
You poor thing.

Still have not learned the definition of "Jingoism", huh?

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/jin...

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#3276 Oct 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:

I'm opposed to same sex marriage because I believe our "soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors" have a job too important to be subject to the left's social experimentation.
IOW, you are an irrational bigot.
We know that.

Level 5

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

#3278 Oct 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Same sex marriage came to America by court order, not by vote.
So did the end of slavery. Your point? You think we should still have slavery? Probably, you are a horrible person.
Brian_G wrote:
That's why same sex marriage is antidemocratic.
Think we should still be murdering Native Americans? Think that was put to a vote? Guess you think we should go back to paying people for the severed heads of Natives.
Probably, you are a vile bigot.
Brian_G wrote:
No state has enacted same sex marriage by referendum. The closest it comes, same sex marriage legislation has been approved by voter referendum in two states, referendum has stopped same sex marriage too.
So, what, bee itch?
Our Constitution grants all equal protection.

“abstractions of thought...”

Level 1

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3280 Oct 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>You left out the rest of Obama's jingoistic argument:
"I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point Iíve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married,"
I'm opposed to same sex marriage because I believe our "soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors" have a job too important to be subject to the left's social experimentation.
Yeah, that's what bigots like you said when the military was ordered to integrate the races within its ranks too, Brian. Funny how the arguments never change, just the minority target of your prejudice.

Level 1

Location hidden

#3281 Oct 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate gays, many homosexuals defend marriage as one man and one woman. The only poster discussing creationism is -Skeptic-, he's obsessed.
And yet that pales in comparison to your unceasing posting in multiple threads across multiple forums about same sex marriage. Guess you've moved beyond "obsession" into bona fide mental illness, huh Brian?

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3282 Oct 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Who says war is always bad?
Your idiotic "argument" was that gay rights is somehow "antidemocratic".

I pointed out that using democracy,**slavery** was allowed-- until it was forced out by **war**.

Is it going to take another **war** to grant homosexuals **equal** rights for you bigots?

Is **that** what you are now saying?

Level 1

Location hidden

#3283 Oct 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
"No state has enacted same sex marriage by referendum"

'The closest it comes, same sex marriage legislation has been approved by voter referendum in two states"

I guess we've rubbed your face in your lies so often, Brian, that you've now started refuting your lies within your own posts.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3284 Oct 30, 2013
amousynon wrote:
Same sex marriage has been passed in no less than six states by populous vote. Go be full of shit somewhere else.
Indeed.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#3285 Oct 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Nope-- feelings are what we experience as our brains release various chemical stimulants into the bloodstream.
We experience these releases as "feelings", including "love".
It's just brain chemistry-- there is nothing magic or mysterious about it, bub.
Just like that very stupid god you believe in, but do not think is real.....!
... wait... what?
Yep-- that is what you said-- 3 or 4 times-- you believe in a god which you do not think is really real...!
What a maroon.
Show me one post where I said I don't think God is real you effn tard.

Level 1

Location hidden

#3286 Oct 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Who says war is always bad? It has nothing to do with my argument, slavery ended in the USA by Constitutional amendment, democratic process.
Actually, slavery was ended al states in rebellion against the US government by executive order of President Lincoln with his Emancipation Proclamation. The constitutional amendment ended it in states that still allowed slavery but hadn't seceded from the Union.
Brian_G wrote:
Same sex marriage came to America by court order, those judges weren't voted into office by citizens nor are they accountable to those citizens.
Actually of the 5 states which give legal recognition to same sex marriages via ruling of their Supreme Courts, only 2 of them appoint justices without any voter confirmation. The other 3 states require their justice appointments to face voter retention elections at the end of their current term of office.

Perhaps you've forgotten that upset conservatives managed to vote some of the Iowa Supreme Court justices that were part of the unanimous ruling that prohibiting same sex marriages violated the Iowa constitution. Or perhaps you just wanted to lie again.
Brian_G wrote:
That's why same sex marriage is antidemocratic.
As usual, the facts don't support your erroneous assertion.
Brian_G wrote:
Slavery ended by democratic process,
The order of a single person is a "democratic process? Really?
Brian_G wrote:
same sex marriage was introduced to America by authoritarian dictate.
So every ruling of a constitutionally mandated judiciary system and supreme court implemented by the representatives of the people is an "authoritarian dictate"? So now you're claiming the constitution itself is authoritarian? Really?
Brian_G wrote:
There's a difference.
The difference being you have it backwards.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#3287 Oct 30, 2013
<quoted text>
Of course you wouldn't... because it's high bias feeds directly into your own distorted and false world-view.
Duuuuhhhh...
... it is because you are just another god-robot... too stupid to recognize reality.
What ever I choose to be in life is my choice. And no matter what I choose I will never be a whining, lying, idiot, piece of crap that thinks his shyt don't stink as you are.

The only reason you think your shyt don't stink is because your head is so far up your @ss it never comes out to smell anything different. LOL

I found your picture on the internet. lol
http://www.geetarz.org/funniez/pics/head-up-a...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3288 Oct 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me one post where I said I don't think God is real you effn tard.
LOL!

The same thing: you admitted you could not prove god is real-- but you said you believed **anyway**.

The use of the word "anyway" is tacit admission that you do not **really** think god is actually real...!

LOL!

You really **are** a low grade moron-- and you are sloppy in your use of language.

Classic traits of the god-besotted with severe brain damage (faith).
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

#3289 Oct 30, 2013
Wow! If Bob has his head up there does that technically make him 'self gay'?
Or is that a new gender?
Hey Bob.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3290 Oct 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What ever I choose to be in life is my choice. And no matter what I choose I will never be a whining, lying, idiot, piece of crap that thinks his shyt don't stink as you are.
Here? The god-besotted projects his own massive, bloated ego onto others.

He **knows** he is a low-grade moron and azzhole-- so he thinks everyone else must be one too.

How cute.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#3291 Oct 30, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason you think your shyt don't stink is because your head is so far up your @ss it never comes out to smell anything different. LOL
I found your picture on the internet. lol
http://www.geetarz.org/funniez/pics/head-up-a...
It is cute that you think I give a shyt about what you think.

You are just another god-besotted moron.

You have no original thoughts of any kind-- you even steal silly photos to vainly try to express your hate.

How cute.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 47 min Kong_ 163,608
How can we prove God exists, or does not? 49 min MikeF 75
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 16 hr Chimney1 141,315
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) Tue Kathleen 19,031
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) May 18 SoE 178,597
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) May 18 MADRONE 1,870
Science News NOT related to evolution (Jul '09) May 15 emrenil 1,243
More from around the web