Atheism and homosexuality

Dec 5, 2011 Full story: Conservapedia 3,862

Creationist scientists and creationist assert that the theory of evolution cannot account for the origin of gender and sexual reproduction.http://www.apologeticspress.org/articles/136http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0928ep5.asp [[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ... (more)

Full Story

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#2686 Sep 23, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Tolerance means not denying your neighbors the same rights that you take for granted.
They have the same right to marry under the same standards. What my neighbors don't have is a special right to rewrite marriage law for everyone to satiate sexual predilection.

Polygamy is banned, religious same sex marriage isn't. Many homosexuals defend marriage as one man and one woman.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Location hidden

#2687 Sep 23, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
If I am not mistaken, they are Italian citizens, so their opinion may have relevance to the overlying issue, but no relevance to US laws and rights.
Just fellow citizens of Western Civilization. The same sex marriage issue isn't limited to the United States.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2688 Sep 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>They have the same right to marry under the same standards.
Those are your standards, Brian. They're being challenged. Have you read the news?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>What my neighbors don't have is a special right to rewrite marriage law for everyone to satiate sexual predilection.
What they have is an equal right. Why can't you understand that?
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>
Polygamy is banned, religious same sex marriage isn't. Many homosexuals defend marriage as one man and one woman.
What does Polygamy have to do with this discussion? How many strawmen do you have? How many, Brian?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Location hidden

#2689 Sep 23, 2013
River Tam wrote:
Those are your standards, Brian. They're being challenged. Have you read the news?
Those standards are law in 31 states, they belong to all of human civilization; every culture recognizes male/female marriage. Same sex marriage introduces sex segregation where we already have a model with perfect 1:1 diversity and integration.

River Tam wrote:
What they have is an equal right. Why can't you understand that?
What you want is the special right to make government gender blind in marriage, spend more taxpayer money on wasteful government spending for entitlements to same sex dependent beneficiaries and more government intrusion about our sex lives from Obamacare policies like forcing all governments to recognize same sex marriage.

River Tam wrote:
What does Polygamy have to do with this discussion? How many strawmen do you have? How many, Brian?
The last time Congress successfully overcame a dangerous change to marriage was when it criminalized polygamy. Reasonable people want to stop courts and irresponsible legislatures from imposing a radical change in marriage over the will of the people and the Congress. We also want to avoid criminalizing same sex behavior, there's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality.

The people's representatives got to vote on polygamy but courts overturned that vote when it came to same sex marriage. The DOMA decision is why same sex marriage is antidemocratic.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#2690 Sep 23, 2013
Clueless Twit wrote:
They have the same right to marry under the same standards.
Brian, you are an idiot. Unless you can offer a compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry, such a restriction is unconstitutional.

Why do you hate the US Constitution?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#2691 Sep 23, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>Brian, you are an idiot. Unless you can offer a compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry, such a restriction is unconstitutional.

<answering for Brian>

Because homersexuals are ICKKY!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Location hidden

#2692 Sep 23, 2013
lides wrote:
Brian, you are an idiot. Unless you can offer a compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry, such a restriction is unconstitutional. Why do you hate the US Constitution?
There are no "couples" rights in the Constitution; you have the right to freedom of association but not special recognition of those associations. Same sex marriage isn't about equal rights, it's about the special right to force a standard of sex segregation on government and marriage.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Level 10

Location hidden

#2693 Sep 23, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<answering for Brian>
Because homersexuals are ICKKY!
Don't answer for me, Kong contradicts many of my posts where I've written there's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality.

Note, Kong has NEVER written anything similar. They aren't your friends, they are just using you to push a radical agenda of fundamental social change.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Defiance, Ohio

#2694 Sep 23, 2013
Mental Midget wrote:
There are no "couples" rights in the Constitution;
I never claimed there were. There is a provision that all persons are entitled to equal protection of the law. Marriage is one such protection. Marriage requires two consenting adults. Were you not stupid, you would understand that.
Mental Midget wrote:
you have the right to freedom of association but not special recognition of those associations.
Sorry, Brian, you've yet to offer a state interest served by denying same sex couples the right to legally marry that would render such a restriction constitutional, and begin to prove that you aren't an idiot.
Mental Midget wrote:
Same sex marriage isn't about equal rights, it's about the special right to force a standard of sex segregation on government and marriage.
No, Brian, it is absolutely about equal protection of the law.

You are a moron.

Since: Mar 07

Rhoadesville, VA

#2695 Sep 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>There are no "couples" rights in the Constitution; .....
What section of the Constitution specifically excludes "couples" from equal protection under the law? I've read it through many times and cannot find that wording.

Is it the same section that you say excludes women from equal protection?

Rhoadesville, VA

#2696 Sep 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>They have the same right to marry under the same standards....
You mean everyone, including gay people,can marry the consenting unrelated single adult of their choice?

Or, are you trying - AGAIN - to prove that loveless marriages of convenience should be the norm for ONLY gay folks? And this is somehow the "same" as straight people marrying for other reasons, like attraction and romantic love?

You must remember that this same argument was used against interracial marriage, and failed, so why make it? Again?

Rhoadesville, VA

#2697 Sep 23, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Brian, you are an idiot. Unless you can offer a compelling state interest served by denying same sex couples equal protection of the law to marry, such a restriction is unconstitutional.
Once you change their name, and/or their posts, you lose the argument.

Why hand Brian such a victory? He loses on his own, every time.
Not Lashandra

Houston, TX

#2698 Sep 23, 2013
MAAT wrote:
I read it and skipped it since we've discussed this true and true.
But then it hit me.
Creationist have to accept defeat since homosexuality is a fact.
So in short if a mother is stressed out during pregnacy the chances are that a kid could be homosexual. A hormonal effect.
And suddenly we are not designed so intelligently...uh
What was that again...
[[Creation Ministries International]] states: "Homosexual acts go against [[God]]'s original [[Intelligent design ...(more)
Who is confused here!
So someone else was tinkering with the toys?
Made a rip-off? A cheap copy?
Well we have a special copy-rights infringement squad for that.
But how would they go about it?
Or is it moral judgement and should we get the thought-police and vote for a totalitarian state!
All I see is some conservative yokel trying to curb human rights again.
Homosexuality is not proven to be natural by science. Homosexuality according to science is an abomination and all homosexuals should be eradicated. In nature that is how it is done all the time.

“No Headline available”

Level 2

Defiance, Ohio

#2699 Sep 23, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Once you change their name, and/or their posts, you lose the argument.
Why hand Brian such a victory? He loses on his own, every time.
I've never altered his posts. Brian is an idiot who is way off the reservation. They don't seem to have the basic logic skills one would expect from a first grader. As I've told Brian, he's earned every insult he has received.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Level 2

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2700 Sep 23, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>If I am not mistaken, they are Italian citizens, so their opinion may have relevance to the overlying issue, but no relevance to US laws and rights.
That makes it even less useful.

Italian citizens? People from a country that permitted PEDOPHILES to be HIDDEN in the Vatican? For YEARS?

I have no sympathy with anything that happened to them.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2701 Sep 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Just fellow citizens of Western Civilization. The same sex marriage issue isn't limited to the United States.
Indeed: one of the **chief** pestholes of bigotry and oppression is in Vatican City, in Rome.

The problem of hate and bigotry is deep.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2702 Sep 23, 2013
Not Lashandra wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is not proven to be natural by science.
Lie. You cannot name a mammal species that does not have homosexual behavior within it.

Even among many non-mammal species, we can observe homosexual behaviors.

So it's clearly **natural**.

And you are an idiot.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#2703 Sep 23, 2013
Not Lashandra wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is not proven to be natural by science. Homosexuality according to science is an abomination and all homosexuals should be eradicated. In nature that is how it is done all the time.
HOLY SHIT not only are you wrong, you are 180 degrees wrong!

(1)... Science has NOT shown that homosexuality is abnormal. Many, MANY species of higher classes of animals have shown a certain percentage of homosexuality.

(2)... WHERE does Science say that homosexuality is an "abomination"? Link, please. "Eradicated"? G-ddamit. Are you a friggin NAZI? Gas Chamber? Firing squad?

(3)... IN NATURE, the other animals IGNORE their homosexual neighbors. I suggest you do the same.

Oh wait. You're from Texas.

When are you guys going to secede, again? I propose the rest of us throw an "Independence Day" celebration when you do!

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#2705 Sep 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Don't answer for me, Kong contradicts many of my posts where I've written there's nothing wrong with homosexuals or homosexuality.
Note, Kong has NEVER written anything similar. They aren't your friends, they are just using you to push a radical agenda of fundamental social change.
Creationism is never a good excuse for hating gays.

Level 2

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2706 Sep 23, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationism is never a good excuse for hating gays.
But the Holey BuyBull appears to be an excuse.

At least, most of those who worship the Holey BuyBull also seem to hate "teh gays".

One of many reasons why the bible is evil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 21 min NoahLovesU 142,843
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr NoahLovesU 14,708
Why natural selection can't work 7 hr shaun2000 29
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 17 hr ChromiuMan 960
Why Are There No Transitional Animals Today? (Mar '09) 18 hr dirtclod 801
Last ditch bid to ban creationism in Scottish c... Thu paul porter 3
Stephen King: Universe 'Suggests Intelligent De... (May '13) Wed Kong_ 455
More from around the web