New Orleans schools ban creationism and 'revisionist' history in rebuke of Texas

Dec 19, 2012 Full story: The Raw Story 206

The school board for Orleans Parish in Louisiana voted Tuesday night to ban the teaching of creationism as science and what they called a "revisionist" history curriculum promoted by the state of Texas.

Read more
Level 6

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#63 Jan 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
claiming "god dun it" is saying you know everything.
Are you driven by a hate so blind that you don't realize that the "god dun it" "magical god-poofing" claim is a conclusion by The Dude et al, not me?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#64 Jan 2, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Are you driven by a hate so blind that you don't realize that the "god dun it" "magical god-poofing" claim is a conclusion by The Dude et al, not me?
So, you accept scientific research like evolution, the big bang, et al?
Level 6

Location hidden

#65 Jan 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you accept scientific research like evolution, the big bang, et al?
I accept all forms of valid scientific research. What I reject is coupling the word evolution to silly just-so stories.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#66 Jan 2, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Nonthinkers have no idea what thinkers think.
Shubee Doobee Doo, I think you think your thinker thunders, but your thinker thinks things asunder. If you you think and wonder are your thoughts thunder or are they merely asunder. Well no wonder. Your asunder thinking is cause for blinking. Your lack of thunder makes me ponder.

Would you think for a Shubee Snack?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#67 Jan 3, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>I accept all forms of valid scientific research. What I reject is coupling the word evolution to silly just-so stories.
Then you reject a valid form of scientific research, and one that has aided humanity more than any other, has the most solid evidence supporting the theory, and is based on a fact that use to perplex medical scientists. Things evolve, it's a fact, just as much as gravity, and we actually can explain evolution better than we can gravity, so much in fact that the theory of evolution is being applied in technology even.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#68 Jan 3, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Are you driven by a hate so blind that you don't realize that the "god dun it" "magical god-poofing" claim is a conclusion by The Dude et al, not me?
Of course it's a claim by you. You're a fundie SDA who thinks Goddidit with magic and have now merely added yourself to the throng of cranks (mostly new agers) who think that by simply adding the word "quantum" to their mindless rambles that it somehow validates their pseudo-scientific BS.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#69 Jan 3, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Nonthinkers have no idea what thinkers think.
Hence your ignorance.
Shubee wrote:
Just like the worst kind of religious bigots, you condemn what you don't understand out the vacuum of your own profound ignorance. There are Nobel laureates that endorse my message.
Sure they do. They just don't know it. But you're right up there with Einstein and Hawking, after all you're the next Glen Miller!
Level 6

Location hidden

#70 Jan 3, 2013
Shubee wrote:
I accept all forms of valid scientific research. What I reject is coupling the word evolution to silly just-so stories.
KittenKoder wrote:
Then you reject a valid form of scientific research,
Thank you kitten for making me laugh. You're the first evolutionist to admit to me that "silly just-so stories" are essential to what you call evolutionary science.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#71 Jan 4, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Thank you kitten for making me laugh. You're the first evolutionist to admit to me that "silly just-so stories" are essential to what you call evolutionary science.
Sure, Shoob. Funny how you're unable to debunk it though. Your local fundie church still not decided to put you in charge yet? The fools!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#72 Jan 4, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>Thank you kitten for making me laugh. You're the first evolutionist to admit to me that "silly just-so stories" are essential to what you call evolutionary science.
Such dishonesty from you, not surprising.
Level 6

Location hidden

#73 Jan 4, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>I accept all forms of valid scientific research. What I reject is coupling the word evolution to silly just-so stories.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you reject a valid form of scientific research,
You need to bemoan the dullness of your mental faculties.
Level 6

Location hidden

#74 Jan 4, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, Shoob. Funny how you're unable to debunk it though.
Thanks for that confession. You're the second evolutionist to admit to me that "silly just-so stories" are to be believed if they can't be debunked.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#75 Jan 4, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for that confession. You're the second evolutionist to admit to me that "silly just-so stories" are to be believed if they can't be debunked.
Not at all.

We're just rejecting your rejection, due to your lack of evidence for your position.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#76 Jan 4, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for that confession. You're the second evolutionist to admit to me that "silly just-so stories" are to be believed if they can't be debunked.
If you had evidence to counter the evidence that we have for evolution, you'd be able to debunk it easily. So you just admitted to having no evidence.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#77 Jan 4, 2013
Shubee wrote:
That's not my claim. Evolution can be accepted if it can be demonstrated. And we can. And have. Numerous times. You object to it only because you're just another fundie amongst fundies who has theological/philosophical objections to reality.
Level 6

Location hidden

#78 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
If you had evidence to counter the evidence that we have for evolution, you'd be able to debunk it easily.
Dear Kitten,

You need to have your vision checked. I believe in evolution. I simply reject the silly just-so stories that routinely accompany it.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#79 Jan 4, 2013
Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> Dear Kitten,
You need to have your vision checked. I believe in evolution. I simply reject the silly just-so stories that routinely accompany it.
Really? Then name one?
Level 6

Location hidden

#80 Jan 4, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Then name one?
The belief that oak trees and humans have a common ancestor.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index...
http://assessment.aaas.org/items/EN046007#/0
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evolibrary/arti...

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

#81 Jan 4, 2013
Shubee wrote:
There is more evidence of humans having a common ancestor to the other apes than there is evidence of gravity itself. Since we see that everything eventually merges into the same tree, then eventually you get to one common ancestor. Unless you are not a living organism, you have a common ancestor with everything somewhere on that tree.
Level 6

Location hidden

#82 Jan 4, 2013
Just for the record, here is my protest against Intelligent Design:
http://everythingimportant.org/SeanPitman/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min ChristineM 17,999
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 47 min kenedy njoroge 937
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 1 hr Paul Porter1 154,951
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 1 hr One way or another 178,168
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) Mar 26 Dogen 1,714
News Another Successful Prediction of Intelligent De... Mar 26 MikeF 1
News Intelligent Design: Corey Lee Mar 25 Paul Porter1 1
More from around the web