New Orleans schools ban creationism and 'revisionist' history in rebuke of Texas

Dec 19, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Raw Story

The school board for Orleans Parish in Louisiana voted Tuesday night to ban the teaching of creationism as science and what they called a "revisionist" history curriculum promoted by the state of Texas.

Comments
41 - 60 of 206 Comments Last updated Jan 22, 2013
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Shubee wrote:
A quantum creationist is a believer in the concept that highly ordered structures can pop into existence quantum mechanically. Rodger Penrose and Stephen Hawking are quantum creationists.
Actually they think you're fullocrap. You need fully-formed organisms a billion-fold instantaneously, not a runaway quantum fluctuation taking billions of years to get to now.
Shubee wrote:
I'm entitled to my rights of free speech and to teach my irrefutable theological message independently of my academic professorship.
Yup, you're free to preach BS. Just like UFO nuts and Scientologists.
Level 6

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
Actually they think you're fullocrap.
Nonthinkers have no idea what thinkers think.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
Yup, you're free to preach BS. Just like UFO nuts and Scientologists.
Just like the worst kind of religious bigots, you condemn what you don't understand out the vacuum of your own profound ignorance. There are Nobel laureates that endorse my message.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>There is no delusion about me understanding what you do not. The delusion is you pretending to be qualified to judge my arguments.
There is no question to rational minds that the just-so stories of Darwinism are pseudo-scientific delusions.
So you believe because you want to pretend to know more than everyone else without having to earn it. That's just one of the reasons people fall into the delusion, it does not present any counter argument or in any way demonstrates you are not delusional.

Other delusions are UFOs being alien space craft, big foot, Loch Ness monster, and poltergeists. People hold these things to be true because they want to pretend they know more than everyone else without actually doing the hard work of study and learning. Here I am, almost 40 years old, I don't know everything, I know a lot about technology as that is the love of my life ... but physics I'm still hazy on. Geology I know enough to get by. Chemistry I understand the concepts and basics of well. Archeology I know about Egypt ... and a bit about other findings, but certainly not enough to stand toe to toe with someone who's studied it for decades. Anthropology, well, due to studying psychology a bit I know something of it ... barely enough to say I am studied..... do you see where this is going?

Just because you have a bumper sticker slogan to recite doesn't mean you have any answers at all. Fill in the answers with non-answers like "god dun it" and you have no room for the actual answers.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Just like the worst kind of religious bigots, you condemn what you don't understand out the vacuum of your own profound ignorance. There are Nobel laureates that endorse my message.
What is there to understand? You tell everyone the limits of your knowledge freely, you spread it on here even. You sound like a kid who was corrected by the teacher you have a crush on.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone in my circle of respectable scientists accepts the triviality of change over time for both the cosmos and the species of planet earth.
Respectable to whom? Certainly not among other actual scientists, if they even hint at the nonsense you speak of. Go ahead, list them, compound your lies.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
I know a lot about technology as that is the love of my life ... but physics I'm still hazy on..... do you see where this is going?
Yes. You're confessing to be an ignoramus on what I'm talking about.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. You're confessing to be an ignoramus on what I'm talking about.
Really, care to try to explain relativity in your own words?

I admit to not knowing everything, and you say that's a bad thing. You profess to know everything when you know nothing, that makes you a liar.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Yes. You're confessing to be an ignoramus on what I'm talking about.
Odd (not really) that you try to "publish" your ideas on an open internet forum (and your pathetic self serving, self promoting website) rather than submit them to peer review journals in the appropriate scientific discipline.

Oh, wait. You tried that, didn't you? And IIRC you were an ABYSMAL FAILURE.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>There is no delusion about me understanding what you do not. The delusion is you pretending to be qualified to judge my arguments.
There is no question to rational minds that the just-so stories of Darwinism are pseudo-scientific delusions.
Odd then, that they are accepted by the VAST majority of the people who should know that they are "pseudo-scientific delusions", the world's scientists.

The VAST majority of them accept the ToE and think you're butters.

Go figure.
MIDutch

Waterford, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Correction: The VAST majority of them accept the ToE and think you're nutters

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

MIDutch wrote:
Correction: The VAST majority of them accept the ToE and think you're nutters
Actually, Butters works too.
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
Really, care to try to explain relativity in your own words?
I'm happy to. Here are my own words: http://everythingimportant.org/relativity/spe...
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
You profess to know everything
Liar!

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>I'm happy to. Here are my own words: http://everythingimportant.org/relativity/spe...
I said in your own words.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text> Liar!
So then your god didn't do anything?
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I said in your own words.
Those are my words. Who do you think wrote http://everythingimportant.org/relativity/spe... ?

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>Those are my words. Who do you think wrote http://everythingimportant.org/relativity/spe... ?
All fine and dandy, but I'm not downloading and opening a PDF just to search for a synopsis. Why not just copy paste it?
Level 6

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
All fine and dandy, but I'm not downloading and opening a PDF just to search for a synopsis. Why not just copy paste it?
I derived a nonlinear version of the Lorentz transformation, which Albert Einstein didn't believe existed.

“I Am No One Else”

Level 7

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Shubee wrote:
<quoted text>I derived a nonlinear version of the Lorentz transformation, which Albert Einstein didn't believe existed.
Did you miss the fact that I am not a physicist? Put it in code if you want me to understand that. I take it you know little about communication.

Anyhow, it still makes little difference as we have strayed way beyond my point, which was you can't know everything, and claiming "god dun it" is saying you know everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••