Letter: You can believe in God and ev...

Letter: You can believe in God and evolution

There are 393 comments on the The Desert Sun story from Oct 19, 2013, titled Letter: You can believe in God and evolution. In it, The Desert Sun reports that:

Re: "End the secularist loyalty requirement," William R. Snaer, and "Evolution is just a theory," Louie Raspa, Oct. 13. The pejorative use of the word "secular" by Snaer and Raspa provides further indication of the religious nature of intelligent design theory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Desert Sun.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#61 Oct 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Magic is an attempt to replicate the miracles of God. God does not work magic, she works miracles. But nothing will be done that defies the laws of nature. The star in the east was a huge six pointed star, it had nothing to do with astrology. In the next couple of years, there are supposed to be several eclipses on Jewish holidays. It just shows the God of Israel is in tune with the universe.
not one miracle has ever been verified on this planet. not a single one.

your god has already been proven false, you worship a false idol.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#62 Oct 31, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly not gold
I think that what you really mean is that you don’t date anyone who is not as delusional as you.
Making BS up is not chemistry, making BS up is stupidity
Christine, you are DEAD wrong!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#63 Oct 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Magic is an attempt to replicate the miracles of God. God does not work magic, she works miracles.
Miracles, magic, tomato, tomayto. Doesn't matter what you call it but it still involved astronomical phenomenon affecting people on Earth. On planet reality there are literally only three astronomical objects that can do that:

1 - The sun

2 - The moon

3 - Big frakking meteorites.

Anything else and you're in the world of astrology. Whether you think God caused it or pagan mysticism did.
susanblange wrote:
But nothing will be done that defies the laws of nature.
Biblical miracles often defied nature. That's not a big deal if one happens to be the magic Jew wizard that created it all.
susanblange wrote:
The star in the east was a huge six pointed star, it had nothing to do with astrology.
Real stars, being oblate spheroids that they are, do not have six points unless they are man-made.
susanblange wrote:
In the next couple of years, there are supposed to be several eclipses on Jewish holidays. It just shows the God of Israel is in tune with the universe.
Actually it just shows that some people are good at astronomy. The Aztecs weren't too shabby and also used astronomical predictions to fleece the flock into believing that they had a direct linky to the Powers That Be.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#64 Oct 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Hot-darn, you're convincin'!

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#65 Nov 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ehm, no, the atomic table, list of elemental symbols and a couple of hundred years of scientific research and knowledge show me to be right.

So I will repeat “making BS up is not chemistry, making BS up is stupidity”

All you need now is to grow a set of balls and be man enough to admit your stupidity

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#66 Nov 1, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of sophomoric nonsense is silicon and nitrogen make sin and barium and aluminium make Baal? You aren't getting on very well trying to mix a metaphysical hole into the universal whole.

Level 5

above and beyond

#67 Nov 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ehm, no, the atomic table, list of elemental symbols and a couple of hundred years of scientific research and knowledge show me to be right.
So I will repeat “making BS up is not chemistry, making BS up is stupidity”
All you need now is to grow a set of balls and be man enough to admit your stupidity
You really need to just STFU that way we won't know how stupid you sound. You are a blabbering idiot.

Level 5

above and beyond

#68 Nov 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of sophomoric nonsense is silicon and nitrogen make sin and barium and aluminium make Baal? You aren't getting on very well trying to mix a metaphysical hole into the universal whole.
And what do you intend to teach kids, moron. Bible stories?

Minnesota's North Coast

#69 Nov 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
you folks don't think she was actually trying to be funny, do you?

that would be even more embarrassing...

Level 5

above and beyond

#70 Nov 1, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you folks don't think she was actually trying to be funny, do you?
that would be even more embarrassing...
what's even more embarrassing is you didn't understand their words either. Maybe you should learn math instead, tick.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#71 Nov 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not one miracle has ever been verified on this planet. not a single one.
your god has already been proven false, you worship a false idol.
You don't understand what an idol is. An idol is the physical representation of a (dead) god. Buddha is an idol, Jesus is an idol. The God of Israel is different. She is alive and walks the earth and has all the senses a human being has.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#72 Nov 2, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And what do you intend to teach kids, moron. Bible stories?
If the choices you present are bronze age mythology, dark age alchemy or new age gobbledygook? None of the above.

Level 1

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#73 Nov 2, 2013
The Dude wrote:
Metaphysics has nothing to teach.
It's really just people making up BS and saying they know more about the BS they made up than everyone else does and pretending it's real.
Then they complain about the mean old 'elitists' for actually getting an education.
I never did much care about the bible or anything it has to say. When I have to rely on a 2000 year old fairy tale written by ignorant primitives who believed in witches and thought the world was flat I'll know I've run out of options. I'm a "Jack and the Beanstalk" man myself.

Minnesota's North Coast

#74 Nov 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You don't understand what an idol is. An idol is the physical representation of a (dead) god. Buddha is an idol, Jesus is an idol. The God of Israel is different. She is alive and walks the earth and has all the senses a human being has.
your bible is the idol. you know the one you quote from like it is the word of some god??

it is therein your bible that your god is proved to be false

your cult lied to you...again...

Level 5

above and beyond

#75 Nov 2, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If the choices you present are bronze age mythology, dark age alchemy or new age gobbledygook? None of the above.
Nope. Kids should learn medisin, astroknowme, letterature, philawsophy, his-story, sm-arts, science and mathematricks AFTER THEY'VE LEARNED SERIOUS EDUCATION.

Now prove to me why Darwinian evolution should be taught. Would you rather have kids memorize Evolution vocabulary when they can use that skill to learn medicine, for instance? I mean if we stop teaching kids the bible, what's the use of learning evolution if not to disprove religion? They can learn logic from philosophy and math classes, it makes more sense. Evolution is just sci-fi in Biology class.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#76 Nov 2, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Kids should learn medisin, astroknowme, letterature, philawsophy, his-story, sm-arts, science and mathematricks AFTER THEY'VE LEARNED SERIOUS EDUCATION.
Now prove to me why Darwinian evolution should be taught. Would you rather have kids memorize Evolution vocabulary when they can use that skill to learn medicine, for instance? I mean if we stop teaching kids the bible, what's the use of learning evolution if not to disprove religion? They can learn logic from philosophy and math classes, it makes more sense. Evolution is just sci-fi in Biology class.
Oh, hoookay then... Allow me finish your thoughts from the fundie rabbit hole...
"Don't teach that biology boloney because all of them sci-fi-entistses is in that there Satanic conspiracy to lie about what the Bible says specially about Darwin and that evilushun cult. Schools need to teach the truth just like it says in Genesis and kids need to be taught the same commandments Moses carried down from the mountain just like they should be in the courthouses except the atheists is all heathens and trying to kill God. The Constitution says so, and that's that."

<eye roll, face-palm>
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#77 Nov 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your bible is the idol. you know the one you quote from like it is the word of some god??
it is therein your bible that your god is proved to be false
your cult lied to you...again...
Jesus is proved to be false by the bible but not the God of Israel. It is two different Gods. The bible proves the God of Israel and it will be completely fulfilled. I think the problem may be the version of the bible you're reading. Try the OKJV, it's the only accurate English translation.

Minnesota's North Coast

#78 Nov 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus is proved to be false by the bible but not the God of Israel. It is two different Gods. The bible proves the God of Israel and it will be completely fulfilled. I think the problem may be the version of the bible you're reading. Try the OKJV, it's the only accurate English translation.
no, it is your god that was proven false in the bible

jesus most likely actually existed, but was not a god, because there have been none on earth, here.

no, it is not in problem of the words, it is that your cult attempted tote a god and failed....miserably. they did build a huge cult for fools like you, though...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#80 Nov 2, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, it is your god that was proven false in the bible
jesus most likely actually existed, but was not a god, because there have been none on earth, here.
no, it is not in problem of the words, it is that your cult attempted tote a god and failed....miserably. they did build a huge cult for fools like you, though...
You are the fool. "The fool has said in his heart, There is no God: They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good". Psalm 14:1. You don't believe in God because you want license to continue in your sinful ways. You blame God for all the evil in the world but it's because of people like you who pollute Gods creation. What a waste of human life.

Minnesota's North Coast

#81 Nov 2, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>You are the fool. "The fool has said in his heart, There is no God: They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that does good". Psalm 14:1. You don't believe in God because you want license to continue in your sinful ways. You blame God for all the evil in the world but it's because of people like you who pollute Gods creation. What a waste of human life.
you can apologize for openly and knowingly lying about me at any time...

lie one...i never stated there is no god, that is an unprovable statement.

lie two... i do not sin in any way because of my acknowledgement of the falseness of your religious cult's god. i am most likely a far more moral person than you.(i certainly do not openly and knowingly lie about others, like you do...)

lie three...how would i blame i god for anything i know has been proven to be false?

lie four...again, it has been proven that it is religious cult members like you that are less moral than us free thinkers...why would you care about this world if your mythical god is supposed to fix it all for you? us people that deal in the real world know it is just up to us, no one else.

you may apologize at your convenience, i know being batshit crazy takes up a lot of your time, but an apology for your proven lies about me is definitely in order from you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Posting for Points in the Evolution Forum (Oct '11) 9 min _Susan_ 14,378
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 22 min Blitzking 186,769
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 36 min DanFromSmithville 5,965
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr DanFromSmithville 148,318
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr Eagle 12 27,265
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 18 hr One way or another 179,245
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) Fri Critical Eye 1,735
More from around the web