Letter: You can believe in God and ev...

Letter: You can believe in God and evolution

There are 393 comments on the The Desert Sun story from Oct 19, 2013, titled Letter: You can believe in God and evolution. In it, The Desert Sun reports that:

Re: "End the secularist loyalty requirement," William R. Snaer, and "Evolution is just a theory," Louie Raspa, Oct. 13. The pejorative use of the word "secular" by Snaer and Raspa provides further indication of the religious nature of intelligent design theory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Desert Sun.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#41 Oct 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>we may say that, but we do not think the sky extends up to the stars, or that the stars are in the .sky...

people say the sun is setting or rising even though we know it is just the earth turning. no, no one but you , it seems, thinks the sky extends up to the stars...

people say the sun is setting or rising even though we know it is not, it is the earth turning

Q: what happens when a dumb defends another dumb?

A: they become more dumb!

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#42 Oct 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You literalists will never get it, will you?
Let me put it this way:
Silence is golden.
Gold is Au.
Au is an effect of silicon and nitrogen.
If silicon is Si and nitrogen and N, then
Si + N = Au
Si + N should be silenced. Therefore, silence is golden.
Now I just gave you a moral lesson in science. Get that through your thick Neanderthal skull.
On that note, AU stands for astronomical unit.
Well you see there is literal and there is make believe, me I’ll stick with literal every time, you are welcome to you fantasy but please take note, that very fantasy is the reason people think you are stupid.

Where did you learn your chemical formulas? Micky mouse school? Au (gold) is an ELEMENT – I assume the word and meaning of element is something you have never heard about otherwise you would not make such stupid comments, I suggest you look it up, you may learn something but more likely you will let your deliberate ignorance take control.

Moral lesson in science? Wow, methinks you are more delusional than I gave you credit for. What you have done is rabbit on about ignorance and irrelevancies.

Only between 2 and 4% Neanderthal, just like every other human being on this ball of rock so it seems that you admit to not being human? Well done.

That’s a capital U, did you not notice? The initials are also short for American University and African Union and any number of other acronyms however Au as in gold is NOT and acronym

Level 6

#43 Oct 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh that explains the negative synergy of you and SB

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#44 Oct 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
what happens when you try to defend one of your stupid statements then?

Level 5

above and beyond

#45 Oct 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you see there is literal and there is make believe, me I’ll stick with literal every time, you are welcome to you fantasy but please take note, that very fantasy is the reason people think you are stupid.
Where did you learn your chemical formulas? Micky mouse school? Au (gold) is an ELEMENT – I assume the word and meaning of element is something you have never heard about otherwise you would not make such stupid comments, I suggest you look it up, you may learn something but more likely you will let your deliberate ignorance take control.
Moral lesson in science? Wow, methinks you are more delusional than I gave you credit for. What you have done is rabbit on about ignorance and irrelevancies.
Only between 2 and 4% Neanderthal, just like every other human being on this ball of rock so it seems that you admit to not being human? Well done.
That’s a capital U, did you not notice? The initials are also short for American University and African Union and any number of other acronyms however Au as in gold is NOT and acronym
A bully like yourself should be bullied by a real bully. And that would be barium and aluminum. Now do the math which I doubt you'd be able to.

Level 5

above and beyond

#46 Oct 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh that explains the negative synergy of you and SB
you are a joke

Level 5

above and beyond

#47 Oct 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what happens when you try to defend one of your stupid statements then?
then prove why my statement is stupid.

I'll be waiting you knucklehead.

Level 6

#48 Oct 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
A bully like yourself should be bullied by a real bully. And that would be barium and aluminum. Now do the math which I doubt you'd be able to.
My dearest honey bitch, I have no intention of bullying anyone, just paying back what I receive and you must remember you are the one who came on here all aggressive and spiteful and offering abuse when I attempted to be friendly. You don’t like the results of your god given christian spite then of course there is an alternative

What would be barium and aluminium – gold – my goodness I bet you are a cheap date.

Barium – Ba

Aluminium – Al –(you have no idea how wrong it sounds spelt the US way)

Nope nothing like Au, so your point is?

Level 6

#49 Oct 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a joke
Glad you find it funny, It was meant to be

Level 5

above and beyond

#50 Oct 30, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
My dearest honey bitch, I have no intention of bullying anyone, just paying back what I receive and you must remember you are the one who came on here all aggressive and spiteful and offering abuse when I attempted to be friendly. You don’t like the results of your god given christian spite then of course there is an alternative
What would be barium and aluminium – gold – my goodness I bet you are a cheap date.
Barium – Ba
Aluminium – Al –(you have no idea how wrong it sounds spelt the US way)
Nope nothing like Au, so your point is?
You seriously don't know what makes barium and aluminum? Hint: he's watching your every stinkin move and aiming for a check mate.

I don't date anyone who can't spell great chemistry.

St. Croix valley

#51 Oct 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
then prove why my statement is stupid.
I'll be waiting you knucklehead.
ummm..been there, done that. even got a t-shirt....
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#52 Oct 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And you're a dumb scientist.
Actually I'm neither. I'm the Dude. The Dude abides.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#53 Oct 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you and Sue Blange seem good pals...

Level 5

above and beyond

#54 Oct 30, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, you and Sue Blange seem good pals...
and you get in between christine and woodtick. you're the third wheel!

St. Croix valley

#55 Oct 30, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
be a dear, don't tell my girlfriend...
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#56 Oct 30, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>astrology? seriously? i thought you were crazy before, but astrology??!?
I should've said astronomical. My mistake. Astrology is part of the dark side of the force and is forbidden.

Level 6

#57 Oct 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You seriously don't know what makes barium and aluminum? Hint: he's watching your every stinkin move and aiming for a check mate.
I don't date anyone who can't spell great chemistry.
Certainly not gold

I think that what you really mean is that you don’t date anyone who is not as delusional as you.

Making BS up is not chemistry, making BS up is stupidity
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#58 Oct 31, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I should've said astronomical. My mistake. Astrology is part of the dark side of the force and is forbidden.
It's too late. You were correct the first time when you called it astrology - magical events occurring on Earth due to completely unrelated astronomical phenomena via zero scientific mechanisms. You have fallen to the dark side.

It's okay, all you need to do is take the creationist approach - call magic evil unless you invoke it.

Level 6

#59 Oct 31, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, a threesome, been so long.

Such a shame the woodtick57 lives so far away eh?
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#60 Oct 31, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It's too late. You were correct the first time when you called it astrology - magical events occurring on Earth due to completely unrelated astronomical phenomena via zero scientific mechanisms. You have fallen to the dark side.
It's okay, all you need to do is take the creationist approach - call magic evil unless you invoke it.
Magic is an attempt to replicate the miracles of God. God does not work magic, she works miracles. But nothing will be done that defies the laws of nature. The star in the east was a huge six pointed star, it had nothing to do with astrology. In the next couple of years, there are supposed to be several eclipses on Jewish holidays. It just shows the God of Israel is in tune with the universe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 2 min Chimney1 48,417
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 27 min Chimney1 154,622
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 5 hr scientia potentia... 216,623
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 13 hr ChristineM 23,486
Might life have spontaneously have started mill... 14 hr It aint necessari... 638
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 15 hr Aura Mytha 179,708
Richard Dawkins tells the truth 16 hr Timmee 7
More from around the web