Letter: You can believe in God and ev...

Letter: You can believe in God and evolution

There are 393 comments on the The Desert Sun story from Oct 19, 2013, titled Letter: You can believe in God and evolution. In it, The Desert Sun reports that:

Re: "End the secularist loyalty requirement," William R. Snaer, and "Evolution is just a theory," Louie Raspa, Oct. 13. The pejorative use of the word "secular" by Snaer and Raspa provides further indication of the religious nature of intelligent design theory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Desert Sun.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#328 Nov 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Your are now making a deliberate attempt at making excuses to defend your outright BS. You did say "binary codes are long gone." You can't make any excuses now because I know people in the IT department, missy. So what is this higher language you're talking about?
Asking Woodtick for back up won't help much as he is clueless about technology. All he can do is join the Jive with you and all of your BS. You can't fix his stupid hardware either, can you?
yup, absolutely clueless about that kind of technology. but i am smart enough not to bullshit about what i don't know about.

i do, in fact have many talents involving many types of technology, just not these...

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#329 Nov 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Your are now making a deliberate attempt at making excuses to defend your outright BS. You did say "binary codes are long gone." You can't make any excuses now because I know people in the IT department, missy. So what is this higher language you're talking about?
Asking Woodtick for back up won't help much as he is clueless about technology. All he can do is join the Jive with you and all of your BS. You can't fix his stupid hardware either, can you?
What excuses? No one codes in binary any more, if the people you know in an IT department code in binary then those people code for the PDP-11, ZX spectrum or commodore 64, or are children getting their kicks by displaying “hello world” on a screen, that is not IT, that is history. It could of course be that you are just ignorant of the role of an IT department, this actually makes more sense.

Honey I own an IT department and have access to resources that would shame you ask your buddies in the IT department about the SGI UV 1000 fully stuffed two rack system. And honey I have told you what languages we use. And honey, who actually cares how ignorant you are. And honey, your god given guesswork is nothing but god given guesswork, but your guesswork does have one distinction, it marks you as a liar.

What has happened here is that you have tried to impress with your ignorance, unfortunately for you my working life is centred on the efficiency of coding so your ignorance has backfired and now you and now you are frantically clutching at straws in the desperate hope of salvaging something from your screw up.

Just admit you screwed up and get it over with.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#330 Nov 12, 2013
Double whammy is the result of both of your heads banging at each other.

All computers still use binary codes with series of 0's and 1's.

Now you're just stretching it with further lies. Or don't you know what binary codes are, Christine? It doesn't matter what language you're using. It's built with binary and embedded in programming language, as far as I'm concerned. Did computers switch to the alphabet now?

Is your IT department programming with "Duh" typing?

You are one big fat liar.

Level 6

#331 Nov 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
Double whammy is the result of both of your heads banging at each other.
All computers still use binary codes with series of 0's and 1's.
Now you're just stretching it with further lies. Or don't you know what binary codes are, Christine? It doesn't matter what language you're using. It's built with binary and embedded in programming language, as far as I'm concerned. Did computers switch to the alphabet now?
Is your IT department programming with "Duh" typing?
You are one big fat liar.
Who was talking about computers? I was talking about people hence the reason I stated “No one codes in binary any more”– notice it was not “no computer uses binary any more”

However in that you are wrong too because analogue computers (I know, I know, way beyond you comprehension so look it up) do not use binary code.

Now then you fool, this is yet another of your screw ups, deliberate of course that I lead you down that road but you willingly ran screaming and shouting into oblivion. IT departments don’t program but hey you were not to know that, and obviously your didn’t know that otherwise you would not have run so fast. IT department look after the system and infrastructure, coders do the coding

You are one big obese idiot.

Level 5

above and beyond

#332 Nov 12, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was talking about computers? I was talking about people hence the reason I stated “No one codes in binary any more”– notice it was not “no computer uses binary any more”
However in that you are wrong too because analogue computers (I know, I know, way beyond you comprehension so look it up) do not use binary code.
Now then you fool, this is yet another of your screw ups, deliberate of course that I lead you down that road but you willingly ran screaming and shouting into oblivion. IT departments don’t program but hey you were not to know that, and obviously your didn’t know that otherwise you would not have run so fast. IT department look after the system and infrastructure, coders do the coding
You are one big obese idiot.
I didn't screw up, it's you who failed.

Now you're playing semantics. So you do admit that "computers" do use binary codes.

Ah, and your IT department does not do programming. Good to know. What is it, you own a Limited Company? Is it why you have a CHIP on your shoulders?

Level 5

above and beyond

#333 Nov 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
i do, in fact have many talents involving many types of technology, just not these...
What kind of technology? Moaning your lawn?

You are anal short of analysis

St. Croix valley

#334 Nov 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of technology? Moaning your lawn?
You are anal short of analysis
being the spinster you are, you haven't had your lawn moaned ever, have you?

Level 6

#335 Nov 13, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're playing semantics. So you do admit that "computers" do use binary codes.
Ah, and your IT department does not do programming. Good to know. What is it, you own a Limited Company? Is it why you have a CHIP on your shoulders?
Yes you did, you made an idiotic statement and then you deliberately misrepresented my reply to that statement to the extent that you lied about what I said and then continued digging a bigger and bigger hole for yourself by making up BS to cover your lies. No fooking semantics involved, you fooked up by sticking you big foot in your fat mouth over subjects you are clueless about and despite your protestations in claiming to admit your mistakes you are simply compounding lies upon lies. Must be a really deep and heavy cult of christianity you belong to for you to lie so blatantly.

Correct, my IT department (all IT departments that are IT departments) maintains the infrastructure of my IT system, my designers and artist design and create image series, my programmers and coders animate those images for the target environment. Note that there is a necessary crossover between design and coding but no such crossover is required with the IT department which is why they alone work a shift system with most of their work being perform outside normal working hours. And of course my janitor keeps the place clean and tidy and a fit environment to work in.

What does the IT department you claim to know about (I claim I very much doubt) do for their wages? Write a binary loop to display a childish and never ending loop of “hello world” on a display?(a task that can be done in perhaps 30 or 40 assembly language instructions, closest language to binary that anyone ever programmes in) Do they write apps and programmes in binary? Or do they, despite you ignorance, actually perform their job function of maintaining the IT infrastructure.

Honey here is another despite, despite you claiming to know of an IT department I suggest you better educate your self to their job function if you want to make claims about their job function. Alternatively you could do a google on “Role of an IT department”. The benefit of such self education would be that you would not come across as a lying and BSing idiot, at least in that one topic.

I never denied that some (that’s SOME) computers use binary as a higher lever instruction set to access the machine level microcode. Binary is an interface code between the processors (that actually do the computing) internal microcode and the outside environment of address bus and ports etc. So it is doubtful (in a truly semantic way – your choice of wording) to say that computers (in the true semantic sense of processors) use binary. Sorry to confuse you even more but I guess you had never heard of microcode so that’s something else for you to look up, actually no I’m not sorry, I was juts saying that to make you feel better.

Yes it’s a registered limited company, why do you ask? Oh I know because you are trying to be spiteful again and of course you are far too childish to carry off being spiteful. But I must admit that you do succeed very well in something, being childish.

Sorry!!! was that yet another of your childish associations, like Elvis and Einstein or unicorns and UNIX? What have chips got to do with anything? Actually from how you describe your abilities you must imagine that you a gp chip for a brain but that’s the only association I can see.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#336 Nov 13, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh. I don't know jack about programming, but I know that yer BOTH quibbling over semantics. One is talking about the precursors to letters and the other is talking about complete languages.

Back to the point. The post is titled "Letter: You can believe in God and evolution." The main groups who has a problem with this are the extremist fundamentalists (redundant) and the more vocal of atheists. This would never have been an issue if it wasn't for the refusal of the Creationists to join the 19th century. Since the Bible exhibits no comprehension of the physical universe and the Abrahamic God in no way demonstrates a reasonable model for a "Creator", I would have to say that Cybele's opening statement, "Yes if one wants to be sane, lol." is by definition unfounded, unsound and INSANE.

Level 5

above and beyond

#337 Nov 13, 2013
Christine, what is it exactly you're working on? Is it cool like Little Big Planet? pun intended. I meant both the video game and life threatening Earth that you're still trying to figure out.

Our IT department supports a technology company and manage all systems and data going across worldwide networks or WAN. They program and code all of the systems that designs and builds components for customers.

The IT dept. works for a major corporation that manufactures computer parts used for vehicles, GPS devices, cameras, automatic turret guns, missile systems, rockets, and components used in NASA space projects. I can't be any more specific for confidential proprietary reasons.

And FYI, you have called my son's school a fund school. Why you have a problem with public schools? His school is one of those that offer a PLTW program where they provide training in all types of Engineering. He gets college credits for them. My son builds robots for fun. Nothing wrong with a public school here that offers higher level of education. And FYI, the Chinese government have become the company's major customer. Go figure.

Maybe you should really think before you open your big mouth for James Bond.

I'm not hating, I'm just trying to make a point. It's you who's spewing hate here and trying to be this big shot.

Level 5

above and beyond

#338 Nov 13, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh. I don't know jack about programming, but I know that yer BOTH quibbling over semantics. One is talking about the precursors to letters and the other is talking about complete languages.
Back to the point. The post is titled "Letter: You can believe in God and evolution." The main groups who has a problem with this are the extremist fundamentalists (redundant) and the more vocal of atheists. This would never have been an issue if it wasn't for the refusal of the Creationists to join the 19th century. Since the Bible exhibits no comprehension of the physical universe and the Abrahamic God in no way demonstrates a reasonable model for a "Creator", I would have to say that Cybele's opening statement, "Yes if one wants to be sane, lol." is by definition unfounded, unsound and INSANE.
Why do you think it's unsound and insane? I can believe
that macro-evolution is false. I have defended the evolution for a certain length of time, because I wanted to understand the concept. And the only thing that benefited me with the theory is the use of logic and scientific method. But it's not going to shun me from whatever created the universe. If anything, that creator is the ultimate science.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#339 Nov 13, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think it's unsound and insane? I can believe
that macro-evolution is false. I have defended the evolution for a certain length of time, because I wanted to understand the concept. And the only thing that benefited me with the theory is the use of logic and scientific method. But it's not going to shun me from whatever created the universe. If anything, that creator is the ultimate science.
If you blink every second for your every waking hour and you live to 100, you will not have blinked the same number of stars in our one galaxy.
Do you want to believe that the Semitic God created all of space and time and/or at best, that 6-10k years ago "He" took a personal, personified and prejudicial interest in certain kings and leaders of the tribes of Israel? By all means, go right ahead - but don't expect me to consider you sane.

Level 5

above and beyond

#340 Nov 13, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If you blink every second for your every waking hour and you live to 100, you will not have blinked the same number of stars in our one galaxy.
Do you want to believe that the Semitic God created all of space and time and/or at best, that 6-10k years ago "He" took a personal, personified and prejudicial interest in certain kings and leaders of the tribes of Israel? By all means, go right ahead - but don't expect me to consider you sane.
Meh. I don't care if you think I'm sane or not. Go ahead and define insanity however you want. I could care less if you hold a PhD in mental health.

I'm not going to pretend I know anything about God's intentions on certain kings and leaders. I didn't have to. It's all written in the stars.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#341 Nov 13, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh. I don't care if you think I'm sane or not. Go ahead and define insanity however you want. I could care less if you hold a PhD in mental health.
I'm not going to pretend I know anything about God's intentions on certain kings and leaders. I didn't have to. It's all written in the stars.
I should have guessed you'd believe in astrology, too.
What else should we add to the list? Tarot, palm reading, phrenology, tea leaves, hand bones of dead ancestors?

St. Croix valley

#342 Nov 13, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
there is nothing written in the stars about any god, gods or goddesses. we have covered this already. not one teensy shred of evidence that even SUGGESTS any deities have ever existed. not one shred, just your delusional fantasies. and your cults...

Level 5

above and beyond

#343 Nov 13, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is nothing written in the stars about any god, gods or goddesses. we have covered this already. not one teensy shred of evidence that even SUGGESTS any deities have ever existed. not one shred, just your delusional fantasies. and your cults...
Do I care what you know and what you don't? I am not obligated to prove anything to you. Scram!

Level 5

above and beyond

#344 Nov 13, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have guessed you'd believe in astrology, too.
What else should we add to the list? Tarot, palm reading, phrenology, tea leaves, hand bones of dead ancestors?
I don't need any of that. I don't have that kind of gift. All I need is self-awareness.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#345 Nov 13, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need any of that. I don't have that kind of gift. All I need is self-awareness.
Ah, you're the other kind of gifted.. yup, I am other-aware of that.

Level 5

above and beyond

#346 Nov 13, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you're the other kind of gifted.. yup, I am other-aware of that.
I am loaded with psy-ware, mister.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#347 Nov 13, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I am loaded with psy-ware, mister.
I can recommend a good lceaner for that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 13 min IB DaMann 58,094
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 34 min Endofdays 159,306
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 27,275
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 hr Dogen 1,904
News Intelligent Design Education Day Feb 19 replaytime 2
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) Feb 19 replaytime 219,597
News Betsy DeVos' Code Words for Creationism Offshoo... Feb 16 scientia potentia... 1
More from around the web