Letter: You can believe in God and ev...

Letter: You can believe in God and evolution

There are 393 comments on the The Desert Sun story from Oct 19, 2013, titled Letter: You can believe in God and evolution. In it, The Desert Sun reports that:

Re: "End the secularist loyalty requirement," William R. Snaer, and "Evolution is just a theory," Louie Raspa, Oct. 13. The pejorative use of the word "secular" by Snaer and Raspa provides further indication of the religious nature of intelligent design theory.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Desert Sun.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#287 Nov 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh i think i understand where Replay thought he had me unable to prove what i say, i just like stringing him along.
i am not like him, easy to make claims i haven't checked out.
I've been around long enough to remember to try to forget who said what, because in more than half of the cases the religies' posts aren't worth the bits it took to display them, and certainly not the neurons to recall them. Perhaps this explains why they spew the same debunked crap every few months.

“what we think we become”

Level 5

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#288 Nov 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>oh i think i understand where Replay thought he had me unable to prove what i say
Hey mongrel, you have yet to prove Darwin's claim that he witnessed a peach tree with half peaches and half nectarines. Could you?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#289 Nov 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey mongrel, you have yet to prove Darwin's claim that he witnessed a peach tree with half peaches and half nectarines. Could you?
why would i have to prove anything Darwin stated?

did you remember which picture i had up last winter? i'd hate to put up the same one two winters in a row...

St. Croix valley

#290 Nov 9, 2013
still no recall, chica? oh well. maybe your photographic mind is still not digital, huh? did you take it down to the local photomat hut?

just let me know if i'm waiting in vain, will you?

pffft!

Level 5

above and beyond

#291 Nov 9, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
still no recall, chica? oh well. maybe your photographic mind is still not digital, huh? did you take it down to the local photomat hut?

just let me know if i'm waiting in vain, will you?

pffft!
Why should I care?

St. Croix valley

#292 Nov 9, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I care?
well, most normal people would feel embarrassed, ashamed, a little bit less of a person when they have been caught out telling obvious bullshit.

why is it you feel you need to tell this bullshit about yourself? do you feel you lack as a human the way you are in some way? do you wish you were better than you are in some way?

if you feel you need to talk about this, i will be here for you. obviously, you have some serious self respect issues, and are dealing with them in very destructive ways.

you seem to have some very good knowledge on many subjects, stick with that, accent your strengths, don't bullshit about your fantasies...

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#293 Nov 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I should just leave you alone. Maybe others deserve the credit and recognition. I know they exist.
Please feel free to leave me alone whenever you choose. It will prove only one point…

What exists? Gods? Wow, your evidence must be iron clad if you “know”, please also feel free to supply that evidence, you would be rich and famous beyond avarice, there are millions, no billions of people waiting on you to provide your evidence.

Note that no one, that’s absolutely no one, in all the time that humans have held faith in gods has ever been able to actually “know” whether they exist.

Level 6

#294 Nov 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean a nectarine is not a result of a wild night between a peach and a plum…?

Oh woe is me, what am I to do? Next you’ll be telling me that santa don’t exist, what nest god? Boo hoo.

I was out in the garden today collecting the last of the windfalls and clearing up around 17 bin bags worth of dropped leaves so I really I found the concept nectarines from peach trees & vice versa to be fascinating and did a little looking

http://fruitgrowersnews.com/index.php/magazin...

http://voices.yahoo.com/why-peach-tree-grow-i...

Level 5

above and beyond

#295 Nov 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean a nectarine is not a result of a wild night between a peach and a plum…?
Oh woe is me, what am I to do? Next you’ll be telling me that santa don’t exist, what nest god? Boo hoo.
I was out in the garden today collecting the last of the windfalls and clearing up around 17 bin bags worth of dropped leaves so I really I found the concept nectarines from peach trees & vice versa to be fascinating and did a little looking
http://fruitgrowersnews.com/index.php/magazin...
http://voices.yahoo.com/why-peach-tree-grow-i...
And if nectarine is a sport, where is this sport emporium? It certainly is NOT in your backyard. You couldn't plant a seed to save your life but you try with binary codes in your virtual fantasy world. Dream on so I may hop in there, bitzch!
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#296 Nov 10, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Please feel free to leave me alone whenever you choose. It will prove only one point…
What exists? Gods? Wow, your evidence must be iron clad if you “know”, please also feel free to supply that evidence, you would be rich and famous beyond avarice, there are millions, no billions of people waiting on you to provide your evidence.
Note that no one, that’s absolutely no one, in all the time that humans have held faith in gods has ever been able to actually “know” whether they exist.
Those who have experienced the supernatural God know that God does exist. The Messiah will introduce the world to God and we will all know him. "The earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea". Isaiah 11:9.

St. Croix valley

#297 Nov 10, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Those who have experienced the supernatural God know that God does exist. The Messiah will introduce the world to God and we will all know him. "The earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea". Isaiah 11:9.
there is not one single credible event of anything supernatural ever occuring in this world. not one.

you did not experience anything supernatural, you had a mental breakdown. many people confuse those with god speaking to them...

Level 5

above and beyond

#298 Nov 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is not one single credible event of anything supernatural ever occuring in this world. not one.

you did not experience anything supernatural, you had a mental breakdown. many people confuse those with god speaking to them...
Oh please, you're just waiting to evolve into a Java man but you have a lot of catching up to do. Go study

St. Croix valley

#299 Nov 10, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please, you're just waiting to evolve into a Java man but you have a lot of catching up to do. Go study
just stating facts. why is it i can toss all your arguments to the shit pile in two seconds and you think i am less evolved than you? really?

so why don't you whip out that photographic memory of yours (jeez, i'm still laughing at your idiocy at tossing out that bullshit and your balls at actually showing your face after being caught out in it!!) and find at least one verifiable incident of anything supernatural ever happening...

what a joke...

Level 5

above and beyond

#300 Nov 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just stating facts. why is it i can toss all your arguments to the shit pile in two seconds and you think i am less evolved than you? really?

so why don't you whip out that photographic memory of yours (jeez, i'm still laughing at your idiocy at tossing out that bullshit and your balls at actually showing your face after being caught out in it!!) and find at least one verifiable incident of anything supernatural ever happening...

what a joke...
How can I picture someone who is in the abyss of darkness? Go light up a torch and smoke it with your pie hole.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#301 Nov 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>there is not one single credible event of anything supernatural ever occuring in this world. not one.
God has not spoken to me, unless you count his written word. I did hear a voice from heaven on Mothers day, 1984 but I believe it was Moses, not God. When the Messiah comes with the power to throw a lightning bolt, my guess is you'll believe. It's better to be atheist than Christian, atheists aren't joined to idols and will be able to accept the Truth.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#302 Nov 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just stating facts. why is it i can toss all your arguments to the shit pile in two seconds and you think i am less evolved than you? really?
what a joke...
When the Messiah comes, there will be a lot of signs and wonders and the word of God will be fulfilled. Visions are supernatural and so was the Messiahs face being lit up like a light bulb, as well as the voice from heaven. But those are just the beginning, all of this will end with the resurrection on the Mount of Olives and everyone alive will witness that.

Level 6

#303 Nov 11, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
And if nectarine is a sport, where is this sport emporium? It certainly is NOT in your backyard. You couldn't plant a seed to save your life but you try with binary codes in your virtual fantasy world. Dream on so I may hop in there, bitzch!
? say what? You been on the wacky backy again? Or is it an overdose of your god?

I don’t have a back yard, I have 3 acres of mostly wooded land. About an acre is given over to garden and food production. I grow a considerable amount of food from seed and am content that I produce a good proportion of my families fruit and vegetable requirements

But I suppose when you are clueless like you all you have is guesswork based on ignorance and spite. You must be christian?

Love the christian way you try and disguise your abusive language. Remember your god is watching you and you don’t get extra get to heaven points for being an ignorant pratt so by now it’s pretty sure that you will rot in your own hell.

P.S, the days of binary or long gone, we us higher lever languages now, an annual single seat licence for most of them probably cost more than you earn in a year.

Level 6

#304 Nov 11, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Those who have experienced the supernatural God know that God does exist. The Messiah will introduce the world to God and we will all know him. "The earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea". Isaiah 11:9.
You are getting worse? Methinks you need to talk to you doc about upping your dosage.

“experience the supernatural God”? perhaps you need to get someone of intelligence to analyse that statement.

Genesis 6:11-17, 7:11-24 God is unhappy with the wickedness of man and decides to do something about it. He kills every living thing on the face of the earth other than Noah's family and thereby makes himself the greatest mass murderer in history.

Ezekiel 9:6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

Hosea 13:16 (KJV)Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.

Matthew 10:35-36 (KJV) 35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. 36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Such an understanding and compassionate god you worship

St. Croix valley

#305 Nov 11, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>When the Messiah comes, there will be a lot of signs and wonders and the word of God will be fulfilled. Visions are supernatural and so was the Messiahs face being lit up like a light bulb, as well as the voice from heaven. But those are just the beginning, all of this will end with the resurrection on the Mount of Olives and everyone alive will witness that.
no, visions are not supernatural, they are all inside your head and can be caused by many things.

i did a vision quest once and had a very nice conversation with a raven. but that was just the dehydration and hunger making my brain hallucinate. i've seen visions on LSD. none of them are supernatural. you obviously had a severe mental breakdown and that is what caused your visions...

St. Croix valley

#306 Nov 11, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
How can I picture someone who is in the abyss of darkness? Go light up a torch and smoke it with your pie hole.
yet again, it is I that is shining the beacon of truth on your bullshit all the time.

trust me, girlie, bullshit is definitely the abyss of darkness, and you are absolutely covered in bullshit. it seeps from every one of your s out into your life...that is obvious. it seeps out so far it touches these pages...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 41 min Subduction Zone 168,867
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr thetruth 19,776
News Aliens and evolution (Jun '12) 5 hr huh 6,214
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 5 hr kenedy njoroge 141,817
has science finally debunked the 'god' myth? 10 hr Paul Porter1 13
How can we prove God exists, or does not? Thu Paul Porter1 197
How would creationists explain... (Nov '14) Thu Paul Porter1 561
More from around the web