Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222158 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Sunderland, UK

#18284 Feb 18, 2012
StellarKnight wrote:
<quoted text>
umm..bored? hmmm.. seeking somneone or something to stimulate my inellect?
both. lol
You must first have said characteristic before you can stimulate it.

“Maccullochella macquariensis”

Since: May 08

Melbourne, Australia

#18285 Feb 18, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
So you expanded every point I(the author?not me in reality for MikeF and BossilFob) already made,so you really have made no arguement,just an exaggerated rant of evobabble from another evoligionist.
Ah! You admit to plagiarism, then? Not an actual thought to be found in your head, eh? Like it or not, my knowledge of platypuses includes first hand experience. I did not "expand" the points in your post, I pointed out the errors. Big difference. You can't even make your own arguments - you steal them from other people and your too stupid to realise you are being fed a farago of lies. You are a complete fraud.

“Maccullochella macquariensis”

Melbourne, Australia

#18286 Feb 18, 2012
your -> you're

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#18287 Feb 18, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your referance?
http://www.google.com/search...

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#18288 Feb 18, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
Main reason being is because they declare the Granite in the earth's crust took many millions of years to form and finally cool and Polonium 214 takes less then a second to expend all its half-lifes. In order to save face, some evolutionists have decided to lie and say Polonium 214 simply doesn't exist.
WOW!
Give *one* example of an 'evolutionist' that claims Po-214 doesn't exist. Just one. In fact, it is made continuously in the uranium decay series, so is *expected* to exist in any rock containing uranium.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#18289 Feb 18, 2012
StellarKnight wrote:
Existential phenomenology anyone?
Please no. Philosophers make a mess of any subject they lay their hands on-especially the sciences.

Level 1

EVERYWHERE

#18290 Feb 18, 2012
"Talk Origins Website is Full of Claims - Citation Bluffing - and Lies, but Short on Real Evidence."

http://www.cross.tv/78386

Those who have copied and pasted Talk Origin's fraudulent, inaccurate, and antiquated scientific data throughout the web are now panicking as the mass public becomes aware of the site's gross citation bluffing, hoaxes, and lies regarding their speciation examples. There were NO examples of widespread speciation. The ability of the darwinian mechanism to create vast changes are OVERSTATED. The Talk Origins website fails to present observed speciation, and as you dig into the actual literature cited by the articles, we find that Talk Origin's claims are exaggerated, and we discover that Darwinian mechanism doesn't have the grand creative power the site advertises.

After taking a closer look, Luskin found FAQs on Talk Origins guilty of citation bluffing, overstated claims, and other misleading tactics. In particular, the Talk Origins FAQ on speciation claims to provide evidence of "observed instances" of new species. On further review, this turns out to be far from the case.

Doubt Atheism
http://evolutionfacts.blogspot.com

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#18291 Feb 19, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
I havent heard the first one say that about the sun.Just more lie and hersey,but thats what people with a god complex do.
Oh, so because you're unaware of something, that means it's not true. I see. You're the ultimate arbiter of reality! I didn't realize I was talking to somebody that important!

First, the flat Earth:

Then, geocentric universe: http://www.fixedearth.com/

Your forthcoming apology is accepted most graciously.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#18292 Feb 19, 2012
PROFESSOR X wrote:
"Talk Origins Website is Full of Claims - Citation Bluffing - and Lies, but Short on Real Evidence."
http://www.cross.tv/78386
Those who have copied and pasted Talk Origin's fraudulent, inaccurate, and antiquated scientific data throughout the web are now panicking as the mass public becomes aware of the site's gross citation bluffing, hoaxes, and lies regarding their speciation examples. There were NO examples of widespread speciation. The ability of the darwinian mechanism to create vast changes are OVERSTATED. The Talk Origins website fails to present observed speciation, and as you dig into the actual literature cited by the articles, we find that Talk Origin's claims are exaggerated, and we discover that Darwinian mechanism doesn't have the grand creative power the site advertises.
After taking a closer look, Luskin found FAQs on Talk Origins guilty of citation bluffing, overstated claims, and other misleading tactics. In particular, the Talk Origins FAQ on speciation claims to provide evidence of "observed instances" of new species. On further review, this turns out to be far from the case.
Doubt Atheism
http://evolutionfacts.blogspot.com
Right. Casey Luskin exposing lies? The guy can't rub two words together without them turning into a lie.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

#18293 Feb 19, 2012
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't dispute my facts since I indeed manufacture and market the device I described. Yes, we use a potentiometer on the joystick base, but we also use in line chokes to suppress noise on the monitors and PWM amplifiers for the 3 axis movement.
Hardly news.

Level 3

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#18294 Feb 19, 2012
White people were created in the image and likeness of God. Gorillas evolved from the negroes
See how simple it is

Level 8

Tampa, FL

#18295 Feb 19, 2012
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, since we talked to a patent attorney who claimed it was unpatentable. You want to see the industry it's used in Go to Indianapolis Pumper Cleaner the last week of February which is where my company will be. Infinite refers to the 3 axis movement of the robotic device that it controls. Older control systems worked off of toggle movements, 3 to control each axis separately. Our system incorporated all three to create a fluid operation for the operator.
I'll take a look.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

#18296 Feb 19, 2012
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
We've had ideas pirated before, so we manufacture the item and introduce it if we can't patent it. We hold 4 us patents now on the robotic device and are working on a 5th.
Filing a patent is vastly different from disproving Ohm's Law.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

#18297 Feb 19, 2012
CBOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, just because we figured out how He did doesn't mean He didn't do it.
That's nonsense. You haven't figured anything out. You're just making shit up.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

#18298 Feb 19, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr.psychosis brought up seveal topics and you walked away from them,you either had no points yourself or your exaggerated god complex left you with the overbearing mentality that to actaully explain anything beyond a reasonable doubt is beneath you.It must feel good to be up on the throne with such a god mentality as yours.
I ask you not him, dipshit.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

#18299 Feb 19, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think most readers read all of your parrot talk??
Maybe. Maybe not. Doesn't keep me up at night.
evil among us wrote:
I ma sure they dont Mr Authority on all.You see gos everytime you look in the mirror except you call it ego although its a god complex,BTW,rather to p*ss off then On,may your god(your ego)see you through when you die,you could die tonight so good luck with that.
Aren't you the little sweetheart though?

So what grade was it when you dropped out of school?

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#18300 Feb 19, 2012
PROFESSOR X wrote:
Evolution has nothing to do with Atheism. Also, isn't Talk Origins essentially a portal site? They organize information from scientists, labs, universities and such.

----------
TVtropes shirt "For Science" now available for pre-order:
http://discordmerch.com/index.php...

Level 1

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#18301 Feb 19, 2012
MIDutch wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, good luck with that.
200 years worth of REAL science and your bronze age FAIRY TALE cult has gone from being the ONLY accepted world view in most of the Western world (often brutally and tyrannically enforced with imprisonment, torture, death and genocide) for almost TWO MILLENNIA (that's almost 2000 years for you uneducated "creationists") to being laughed at by EVERYONE outside of your bronze age FAIRY TALE cult.
Here's a little experiment, as you go through life keep watching the news and see which side of the SCIENCE vs. bronze age FAIRY TALES "debate" keeps on producing REAL logic, reason, research, empirical evidence and sound science in support on an almost DAILY basis ... and when you get to the end, as you lay gasping out your last, look to see if your "creation science" is anything other than the ABYSMAL FAILURE that it has been for the past 2000+ years.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/
Check it out. REAL science producing REAL results on a DAILY basis ... and not talking snake in sight.
Nobodys talking bronze age except for you

Level 1

Location hidden

#18302 Feb 19, 2012
Anyone intersted in the TVtropes shirts and dont want to spend alot of money then just go to his website,copy the pic of the shirt you want and save it,go to staples(or other)and by thier Shirt decaling kit,bring it home,load software,tell it to us the saved TVtropes pic and hit print,you will then have the exact decal you can put on any shirt/etc you want.

Cut out the middleman!

Level 1

Location hidden

#18303 Feb 19, 2012
This s basically what they do,except in the decaling kit you can do more then one shirt!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 min Endofdays 78,558
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 9 min Endofdays 789
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 15 min Eagle 12 - 1,362
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 8 hr Science 162,986
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Wed Science 32,431
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) Aug 5 yehoshooah adam 4,381
News Intelligent Design Education Day - Dallas Aug 2 John B 4
More from around the web