Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223290 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Sunderland, UK

#18265 Feb 18, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
and yours
You're lying. Go back and read the last 20 pages and look again at the stuff you missed. Oh wait - you'll dismiss it all as "evobabble" anyway, because you don't have a clue what ANYONE is talking about. Even the fundies on your side. Oh well,
The Dude

Sunderland, UK

#18266 Feb 18, 2012
Not so shocked wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly... I wanna hear what scientists say happened between the big bang and the first living cell
Have you tried looking it up?

And should there be anything scientists are unable to explain as of yet, does that mean we should assume "Goddidit with magic" is a valid "explanation" to put in its place?
The Dude

Sunderland, UK

#18267 Feb 18, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit, I allowed my frustration (over the CONTINUED mis-use over the term "Theory") to take control of my response.
However, the point has been made, and I trust you will not make the same error again with the term "theory".
And I do apologize for the nature of that post.
But evilboy will make the same mistake.

He's been given detailed explanations and dictionary definitions and how they pertain to science and the scientific method, and what do we get off him still?

"IT'S ONLY A THEORY!!!!!"

>:-(
reality

Miamisburg, OH

#18268 Feb 18, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
evolution is impossible. The erroneous guesses by evolutionists may be checked up and disproved by mathematical problems.
Do you possess an open, unbiased mind?
Do you have NAT GEO as a cable or satellite option?
DVR the NAT GEO series "Naked Science"

A must see:
Naked Science
"Was Darwin Wrong"....original air date 12/07/06

A preview:
From today's perspective, overall evidence in support of Darwin's 19th century theories is virtually insurmountable.
reality

Miamisburg, OH

#18269 Feb 18, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
But evilboy will make the same mistake.
He's been given detailed explanations and dictionary definitions and how they pertain to science and the scientific method, and what do we get off him still?
"IT'S ONLY A THEORY!!!!!"
>:-(
Now that it's 153 years after Darwin's original publications and many missing links have been discovered, there's a growing trend among legitimate anthropologists, scientists & geologists worldwide to cease referring to Evolution as "theory".

The overwhelming majority has upgraded the legitimacy status of evolution to a level of....... "fact".

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#18270 Feb 18, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
No evonut has been able to 100% prove evoligion as more than a theory either.
No Theory is ever proved 100%. And it can never be more then a Theory, Theory is as good as it gets. Laws are different then Theories, Theories never become Laws.

----------
TVtropes shirt "For Science" now available for pre-order:
http://discordmerch.com/index.php...

St. James, NY

#18271 Feb 18, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
evolution is impossible.
Then why does the Scientific Community support it? Why do so many scientists accept Evolution and think there is evidence for it?

----------

Since: Dec 06

Urbana, Illinois

#18272 Feb 18, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
To be fair I was relying on linking to talkorigins, which is fair enough since he was only spamming anyway. I was getting 'chased' in work, and not in a good way!:-p
"Talk Origins", as you know, is quite a good site:)

Urbana, Illinois

#18273 Feb 18, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
You just futher the entire point,your whole holy evoligionists doctrine tweeks the species to its enviroment,not in none of those cases would it be needed to tweek it to a "differant" enviroment.Either you ar your holy evo doctrine are full of it or,well I'll leave it at that.
So you just run from any and all evidence; rather typical of you fundamentalist religious nuts... You're not 'full of it'... you're absolutely empty.

I'll leave it at that...

Urbana, Illinois

#18274 Feb 18, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I am sorry I been waiting on you to adress M.psychosis on his posts about geolgy and paentology?????
It was SPAM, and already answered months and years ago by me, and others on Topix... It's also in those geology and evolutionary biology textbooks.

You might try reading them; it would do you a world of good...

Maybe I should post a few hundred pages of REAL science, and await your rebuttal? THAT would be a laugh for an old geologist like me!

Urbana, Illinois

#18275 Feb 18, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
Main reason being is because they declare the Granite in the earth's crust took many millions of years to form and finally cool and Polonium 214 takes less then a second to expend all its half-lifes. In order to save face, some evolutionists have decided to lie and say Polonium 214 simply doesn't exist.
WOW!
Utter BS... Polonium 214 has a very short half-life; HOWEVER...(the rest of the story), it forms ALL THE TIME as a result of the decay of other elements.

New Polonium is 'made' every day!

Such a silly bit of nonsense...! You will believe ANYTHING, won't you?

BTW...My own reply to a similar post 4 years ago(!) on Topix:

"I've never heard anyhone claim that Po 214 doesn't exist...it exists all of the time. It's a natural byproduct of Uranium 238 decay...

No big deal! It's formed continuously...it decays continuously... so what???

The errors and problems in Robert Gentry's work has been pointed out (for some time) by experts in the field."

4 years later, you spout the same nonsense... How can you possibly think to fool others with such blatant lies!

Urbana, Illinois

#18276 Feb 18, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your referance?
Reference??? Son, LOOK IT UP!

In a library, call a college professor, check it out on a MULTITUDE of websites...

...even Robert Gentry would straighten you out!

TAKE A COLLEGE COURSE IN PHYSICS!!!! Learn SOMETHING!

It is TRULY hard to understand how you can know so little....and so arrogantly (and rudely) claim that everyone else is lying!

Although, after a 30-year geology career, I have to admit I've met plenty of folks like you...

Urbana, Illinois

#18277 Feb 18, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
Wheres your math BossilFob?insulting intelligence is always the first weapon of evoligionists.
Let's let YOU prove HIS math; you're the one making the claim, son...

As for insulting intelligence... when people attack you, claim your lying, claim you know nothing (when you've spent decades in the field)...

...and then clearly demonstrate that they lack a basic high school education (but they think they know it ALL!)...

...it's hard not to put down such rude, ignorant, and arrogant people!

Urbana, Illinois

#18278 Feb 18, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
evolution is impossible. The erroneous guesses by evolutionists may be checked up and disproved by mathematical problems....
And YOU know this HOW? Because some lying fool that YOU chose says so?

That IS funny.

The mathematical 'proofs' are garbage; the assumptions made are absurd... make 'garbage assumptions'; get 'garbage results'. The population growth curves you folks claims are excellent examples of totally absurd assumptions.

St. James, NY

#18279 Feb 18, 2012
Not so shocked wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly... I wanna hear what scientists say happened between the big bang and the first living cell
Is there something preventing you from visiting your local library? They are completely free.

----------

St. James, NY

#18280 Feb 18, 2012
evil among us wrote:
<quoted text>
and yours
Here's the thing, no one here is under any obligation to respond to anyone else. You don't have to respond to you and you don't have to respond to us. We post to these forums for our amusement and are free to skip posts for whatever reason: boredom, lack of coherent argument to reply to, an argument that has been refuted time and time again, feeling the person is not seriously discussing the matter, etc.

For the scientific and education community, Evolution is the current standard. So even if everyone on Topix that supports Evolution stopped posting, Evolution would still be the current standard. Your side is the one trying to overturn it.

What I find interesting about the anti-Evolution side of the discussion is their belief that there is no evidence for Evolution, that it is completely fabricated, and that these things are pretty obvious. This is why I keep asking why the entire scientific community would be in on such a massive conspiracy. And so far, no one has been able to answer that question, despite it being the crux of the whole matter.

----------

St. James, NY

#18281 Feb 18, 2012
Wow, I must be tired, the second sentence in the previous post should read "We don't have to respond to you and you don't have to respond to us."

My apologies for the confusion.

----------
The Dude

Sunderland, UK

#18282 Feb 18, 2012
FossilBob wrote:
<quoted text>
Utter BS... Polonium 214 has a very short half-life; HOWEVER...(the rest of the story), it forms ALL THE TIME as a result of the decay of other elements.
New Polonium is 'made' every day!
Such a silly bit of nonsense...! You will believe ANYTHING, won't you?
BTW...My own reply to a similar post 4 years ago(!) on Topix:
"I've never heard anyhone claim that Po 214 doesn't exist...it exists all of the time. It's a natural byproduct of Uranium 238 decay...
No big deal! It's formed continuously...it decays continuously... so what???
The errors and problems in Robert Gentry's work has been pointed out (for some time) by experts in the field."
4 years later, you spout the same nonsense... How can you possibly think to fool others with such blatant lies!
Especially after I already told him that 'evolutionists' do NOT think it does not exist, he goes right ahead and repeats it.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#18283 Feb 18, 2012
Milena N wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey,Stellar,why are you wasting your time with these geeks here.They have no mental flexibility what so ever.
umm..bored? hmmm.. seeking somneone or something to stimulate my inellect?

both. lol
The Dude

Sunderland, UK

#18284 Feb 18, 2012
StellarKnight wrote:
<quoted text>
umm..bored? hmmm.. seeking somneone or something to stimulate my inellect?
both. lol
You must first have said characteristic before you can stimulate it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 9 min superwilly 4,810
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Dogen 85,520
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr Simon 165,389
What's your religion? Mon Paul Porter1 5
Experiment In Evolution, Genetic Algorithms and... Mon was auch immer 8
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) Mon Dogen 33,127
God hates Tennessee Jan 14 Rev Jackson 2
More from around the web