Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216597 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

wondering

Morris, OK

#121002 Aug 27, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are misusing the word "information". There was no need for an intelligence to put the "information" found in early life.
Remember there is information in varves. There is information in ice cores. There was no intelligence involved.
Once again you are conflating "information" from an intelligent source with inherent information.
I have to laugh at the way you bring up "creator" and "intelligent source" and then tell me I am the one more or less doing it. lol

life some how obtained information to reproduce, survive, etc etc. unless you believe it also taught itself from nothing when there was no prior information to pass on like you believe it created itself from nothing (so to speak). we get information passed on to us. first life had no prior information of anything.

“Jon Snow”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#121003 Aug 27, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to laugh at the way you bring up "creator" and "intelligent source" and then tell me I am the one more or less doing it. lol
life some how obtained information to reproduce, survive, etc etc. unless you believe it also taught itself from nothing when there was no prior information to pass on like you believe it created itself from nothing (so to speak). we get information passed on to us. first life had no prior information of anything.
Sure it did, this was a criteria for life to develop.
The ability to store information in dna/rna is a perquisite.
wondering

Morris, OK

#121004 Aug 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Recorded from it predecessors
what was before first life that it could be recorded from?
wondering

Morris, OK

#121005 Aug 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Sure it did, this was a criteria for life to develop.
The ability to store information in dna/rna is a perquisite.
you seem to be confused. before first life arose, what stored information to pass it on when life, became life?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#121006 Aug 27, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
another dodge. you were here because you said you thought i was lying about my education same as you said i was lying about what i said i support and why when you asked me what I 'believed"
Not a dodge idiot. You have lied countless times here. I am not telling you my education level until I hear what level you claim to have.

Why do creatards call it a dodge when they don't get the answers that they want to get?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#121007 Aug 27, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You are always implying that you tard. Remember, we are not as stupid as you are.

And again, even after I pointed out how you misused the definition of "information" you did it again.

What an unbelievable tard!

You don't need to mention Jesus to be lying for Jesus tard.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#121008 Aug 27, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem to be confused. before first life arose, what stored information to pass it on when life, became life?
Still misusing the word "information".

Does anyone think that he will ever quit?
wondering

Morris, OK

#121009 Aug 27, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a dodge idiot. You have lied countless times here. I am not telling you my education level until I hear what level you claim to have.
Why do creatards call it a dodge when they don't get the answers that they want to get?
that is always your excuse. "you are not doing it until someone else does" then you still never do anything.
i already have. you were there and ran it down. i do believe it is your turn this time. as i said myself, dan, dogen, ploy and others already have.
wondering

Morris, OK

#121010 Aug 27, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are always implying that you tard. Remember, we are not as stupid as you are.
And again, even after I pointed out how you misused the definition of "information" you did it again.
What an unbelievable tard!
You don't need to mention Jesus to be lying for Jesus tard.
as I said you can call me all the names you want. i out grew letting that childish game bother me along time ago( I bel;ieve in grade school). it shows more about you than it shows about me.
so lets run your belief down;
1) you believe the universe created itself from pretty much nothing
2) you believe either
a) life created itself from pretty much nothing or
b) the self-created universe self-created life from pretty much nothing
3) you believe life created information itself when no prior information existed(again nothing)
4) so what you believe is just about everything just happened from nothing.
yes that about sums up what you believe.
creationists believe in a deity, that is everywhere but seems to be made of nothing. you both should realize what you believe does not make it so or right. all it means is that you chose to believe that.
we don't know and we may never know how the universe or life began/started and that is the most honest answer anyone can give without letting their belief interfere.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#121011 Aug 27, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
that is always your excuse. "you are not doing it until someone else does" then you still never do anything.
i already have. you were there and ran it down. i do believe it is your turn this time. as i said myself, dan, dogen, ploy and others already have.
That is right idiot. I have helped you creatard fools too often only to find that you never keep up your end of the deal.

And sorry, I can't remember it. Tell me the joke again so I can have another laugh. You know that if you claim any sort of higher education it will only make you look worse. Anything over the easiest of undergraduate degrees means that your school should be suing you for defamation.
wondering

Morris, OK

#121012 Aug 27, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Still misusing the word "information".
Does anyone think that he will ever quit?
this little whine is nothing more than a dodge. but if it makes you feel better, carry on with it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#121013 Aug 27, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
as I said you can call me all the names you want. i out grew letting that childish game bother me along time ago( I bel;ieve in grade school). it shows more about you than it shows about me.
so lets run your belief down;
1) you believe the universe created itself from pretty much nothing
2) you believe either
a) life created itself from pretty much nothing or
b) the self-created universe self-created life from pretty much nothing
3) you believe life created information itself when no prior information existed(again nothing)
4) so what you believe is just about everything just happened from nothing.
yes that about sums up what you believe.
creationists believe in a deity, that is everywhere but seems to be made of nothing. you both should realize what you believe does not make it so or right. all it means is that you chose to believe that.
we don't know and we may never know how the universe or life began/started and that is the most honest answer anyone can give without letting their belief interfere.
No, not until you drop the attitude. Calling an idiot and idiot is not name calling. It is merely being accurate.

And I will do you a favor right now. Your list is faulty. I will let you try to figure out what is wrong with it.

“Jon Snow”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#121014 Aug 27, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
what was before first life that it could be recorded from?
Self replicating molecules

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/...
wondering

Morris, OK

#121015 Aug 27, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
That is right idiot. I have helped you creatard fools too often only to find that you never keep up your end of the deal.
And sorry, I can't remember it. Tell me the joke again so I can have another laugh. You know that if you claim any sort of higher education it will only make you look worse. Anything over the easiest of undergraduate degrees means that your school should be suing you for defamation.
your constant name calling and poor demeanor towards others shows your education level more than you know. others like poly, chimney and a few more don't do that because they are educated confident people. sadly you show you are not and don't even realize you are doing so. but cheers and carry on. lol.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#121016 Aug 27, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
this little whine is nothing more than a dodge. but if it makes you feel better, carry on with it.
No it is not idiot. I even gave you examples to show you how you are wrong.

It seems like you just admitted that you are going to keep this idiocy up even though you were shown what was wrong with it.

Typical creatard hypocrisy.
wondering

Morris, OK

#121017 Aug 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Self replicating molecules
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/evo101/...
from your link:
Living things (even ancient organisms like bacteria) are enormously complex. However, all this complexity did not leap fully-formed from the primordial soup. Instead life almost certainly originated in a series of small steps, each building upon the complexity that evolved previously:
>>>first life had nothing previously. did it come with self-instilled information?

1. Simple organic molecules were formed..........

2. Replicating molecules evolved and began to undergo natural selection.
All living things reproduce, copying their genetic material and passing it on to their offspring. Thus, the ability to copy the molecules that encode genetic information is a key step in the origin of life.
>>>where did this ability come from? again self-instilled?

the best answer is we do not know. we have guesses and thoughts but we do not know.
wondering

Morris, OK

#121018 Aug 27, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not idiot. I even gave you examples to show you how you are wrong.
It seems like you just admitted that you are going to keep this idiocy up even though you were shown what was wrong with it.
Typical creatard hypocrisy.
I must have missed that example. let see it again.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#121019 Aug 27, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I must have missed that example. let see it again.
Go back to the previous page.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#121020 Aug 27, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
your constant name calling and poor demeanor towards others shows your education level more than you know. others like poly, chimney and a few more don't do that because they are educated confident people. sadly you show you are not and don't even realize you are doing so. but cheers and carry on. lol.
I have never name called. Not once.

I have never called someone an idiot that has not demonstrated that he is a complete idiot.

Others may be more patient. I am getting old and crotchety and have no time for idiocy.

Now with a young honest person I do have patience. You are an old lying creationist. You had your chance. Now all you get is the abuse that you have so rightfully earned.
wondering

Morris, OK

#121021 Aug 27, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back to the previous page.
I am not going to chase something you did not produce. show it again if you gave examples

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Might life have spontaneously have started mill... 1 hr In Six Days 625
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 hr SoE 48,383
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 5 hr Porkncheese 179,706
Richard Dawkins tells the truth 5 hr Porkncheese 6
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 10 hr scientia potentia... 154,610
Science News (Sep '13) 19 hr _Susan_ 3,980
News Does Mike Pence Believe in Evolution? Thu scientia potentia... 9
More from around the web