Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: May 14

the Earth Clod

#119860 Aug 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Bait, it is absolute Biblical truth.
Christian Taliban is speaking.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#119861 Aug 10, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your response. The personal attacks are usually a response when they can not answer the questions from their limited perspectives. Yes, the Bible has the answers and the truth has been right in front of all of us the whole time. God bless you and yours.
You don't usually ask a lot of questions. Why would someone that believes they know all the answers ask questions? You pose a lot of unsupported opinions and claims. You don't bother to explain them rationally. You ignore evidence or try to rationalize it based on your narrow dogmatic perspective and it comes out sounding silly and juvenile. You go on and on and on about this Circles, Cycles, Scams, Circuits whatever you call it, but it is meaningless rewriting of religion with science thrown in to make it seem intelligent. It shows nothing, predicts nothing, does nothing. You will claim otherwise, but always without evidence or reasonable explanation. You fed on something that seemed delicious to you because it complimented the other fodder you had been ingesting.

I don't care what you believe. You can believe as you like as long as you leave science alone and don't try to force your view onto others and into the government. I believe as I like and I don't try to force that on others like you and yours do.
FREE SERVANT

United States

#119862 Aug 10, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You don't usually ask a lot of questions. Why would someone that believes they know all the answers ask questions? You pose a lot of unsupported opinions and claims. You don't bother to explain them rationally. You ignore evidence or try to rationalize it based on your narrow dogmatic perspective and it comes out sounding silly and juvenile. You go on and on and on about this Circles, Cycles, Scams, Circuits whatever you call it, but it is meaningless rewriting of religion with science thrown in to make it seem intelligent. It shows nothing, predicts nothing, does nothing. You will claim otherwise, but always without evidence or reasonable explanation. You fed on something that seemed delicious to you because it complimented the other fodder you had been ingesting.
I don't care what you believe. You can believe as you like as long as you leave science alone and don't try to force your view onto others and into the government. I believe as I like and I don't try to force that on others like you and yours do.
Now wait a.minute here! The subject matter on this thread is about Evolution verses Creation,.and I am giving one perspective about Creation. I truly think it is fact, but I am not trying to force it on anyone. I am not rewriting anything either.
FREE SERVANT

United States

#119863 Aug 10, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
OK that's a fair answer.
But in that case I have a question: why are you constantly discussing things you have no proper knowledge of?
I don't have proper knowledge about a whole lot of things either.
In that case I don't debate them but merely ask someone who appears to have knowledge and understanding of it, questions instead.
In this discussion concerning Creation, it is of no private information. We constantly go over things to focus on the subject at hand. There may be something that someone has overlooked or never considered before that will help in these areas.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#119864 Aug 10, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>Now wait a.minute here! The subject matter on this thread is about Evolution verses Creation,.and I am giving one perspective about Creation. I truly think it is fact, but I am not trying to force it on anyone. I am not rewriting anything either.
Wait a minute yourself. You all offer opinions and science offers facts. You reject any of these facts that poke holes in your opinions.

I know you think your belief is fact. That doesn't make it fact.

I didn't say you rewrote it. You specifically may not be making an effort to force you views on others, but you clearly support those that do.

Believe as you like. But if you are going to tell people what your belief is, you might want to explains things a little better than just claiming it is so.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Hemet, CA

#119865 Aug 10, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
The miracle of creation happened without limitations, and I do not think time has any bearing on the power of God. The Word of God was God and what God said became so. I think all of the universe and the earth was created at once as soon as God said for it to be so.
Evolution is a part of God and the universe. if you deny any part of God you are a blasphemer
Just like someone who says God is dead or does not exist is a blasphemer according to Christian legend. I've had people like you look up at a T-Rex skeleton and say those are pig bones in a museum of natural science! What Blasphemy against Gods CREATION!
SO How about YOU FREE SERVANT, Wat'll it be for you? Same as Seventee?
Trapped in between threads, To ashamed and afraid to appear on either one.
You earn the treatment you receive, it is not without thought or precedent,
NOR is it to arbitrarily persecute. That is without purpose, as are your rude blasphemic ramblings about nothing to do with real science OR God! You only serve your own gratification in your Denialism (blasphemy).
FREE SERVANT

United States

#119866 Aug 10, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is a part of God and the universe. if you deny any part of God you are a blasphemer
Just like someone who says God is dead or does not exist is a blasphemer according to Christian legend. I've had people like you look up at a T-Rex skeleton and say those are pig bones in a museum of natural science! What Blasphemy against Gods CREATION!
SO How about YOU FREE SERVANT, Wat'll it be for you? Same as Seventee?
Trapped in between threads, To ashamed and afraid to appear on either one.
You earn the treatment you receive, it is not without thought or precedent,
NOR is it to arbitrarily persecute. That is without purpose, as are your rude blasphemic ramblings about nothing to do with real science OR God! You only serve your own gratification in your Denialism (blasphemy).
This is not true.
KeepCalmNcarryON

Hemet, CA

#119867 Aug 10, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not true.
How many cornered rats have said "That is not true" through a mouth full of stolen cheese?

the Earth Clod

#119869 Aug 10, 2014
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>In this discussion concerning Creation, it is of no private information. We constantly go over things to focus on the subject at hand. There may be something that someone has overlooked or never considered before that will help in these areas.
As long as you keep yourself confined to creation, go ahead.
When it comes to science like evolution theory, stop immediately and first get acquainted to it.

Moreover, when creation conflicts with established science, OFF goes creation, like all other doctrines. Because in our modern, 21st century society we base our knowledge on evidence and observation and not on revelation from some old mythology book.

From 16th century we learned not to stick our heads in old bronze age books but to LOOK AROUND and OBSERVE what's REALLY HAPPENING.

Since then science accomplishes more in any random few decades than your whole religion in its entire 4,100 years of history.

We would like to keep it that way.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#119870 Aug 10, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have something BETTER than this silly CRAP?
Maybe some ... uhhh ... SUBSTANTIAL?
You wanna see how fish managed to crawl out of the water?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KurTiX4FDuQXX
Even today nature is doing the tricks.
And all the steps in between:
https://www.youtube.com/watch... (fully aquatic fish walking)
https://www.youtube.com/watch... (fish crawling the land)
https://www.youtube.com/watch... (salamander without lungs)
Note, these are extant species showing their natural behaviour. apart from swimming, they walk the land on a daily basis.
And, watch https://www.youtube.com/watch... , a message by a believer.
We have the fossils of similar land dwelling fish from de Devonian, starting with bony fish like Eusthenopteron, proceeding with Tiktaalik, like extant mudskippers a fish walking the land, Eusthenopteron, the first, primitive amphibian. And a bunch of intermediary species along that path, in the correct chronological order and showing all the gradual steps on every relevant trait. For instance, having both lungs and gills. Or bony skeletons instead of cartilage.
You didn't know of this?
Bet you didn't.
Now, leave the science up to the ones that intellectually are fit and equipped for it.
You may dance and worship around on your weekly bronze age mythology seances shouting times "Hallelujah" all the time.
So now and then you may buy one of the products that technology (=science) brings forth, like the computer you are abusing spreading bronze age mythology crap.
Ha,Ha,Ha,....well who I am to argue with a you tube video as ,.evidence! LOL!

Level 2

Location hidden

#119871 Aug 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already told you more than once that without time causality is a meaningless term because you must have time in order for there to be a prior cause and following effect. Your question nullifies itself by setting the condition that time pre-existed time. You can call that evasive if you wish, but it doesn't change your question - no matter how many times you ask it.
Damn your right! I sure don't have to call it evasive , its self evident!, ha,ha,ha.

Level 2

Location hidden

#119872 Aug 10, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
His answer was loud and clear.
This is an evolution forum and not about cosmology.
EXPLAIN how you manage to ask whether the universe is created or self generated, a cosmological question, in a forum about evolution, a biological item.
THAT was a very relevant answer by Dude and to the point.
In other threads he answered your question dozens of times to other persons.
Do you have a topic to discuss relevant to the subject of this thread, which is evolution theory?
I don't say your questions are irrelevant but if you want to discuss cosmology, without any doubt there should be some Topix threads on that subject. Otherwise open a thread yourself on the right spot.
Maybe you ask why I would insist rather formally on this. Well this has to do with the tendency among creationists to reason like "evolution is not true because the big bang didn't happen." They THINK that big bang somehow has no empirical evidence, so there are two major flaws here: debunk a biological theory by means of cosmological arguments and the false assertion that there is no empirical evidence for big bang.
Constantly we try to unravel this nonsensical clew.
After a while you just get the answer Dude provided you.
Here is an idiot,... he sooo often proclaims the lack of knowledge of others, primarily to avoid answering, that his stupidity rises to comical levels. All I have to do is use his own words....

( this is an evolution forum and not about cosmology)

The title of this thread for years is?

Evolution vs. Creation?

say it again,...creation

the Earth Clod

#119873 Aug 11, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha,Ha,Ha,....well who I am to argue with a you tube video as ,.evidence! LOL!
Well, in that case: GRAB your chance!!!!!
The chance of your life to debunk evolution because I referred to YouTube videos of footage of extant species of fish and amphibians.

GO AHEAD! Let's hear your "comments". "Ha, ha, ha".

Is this rotten and wretched repost the only thing you manage to produce?
Maybe lack of substantial answers, eh?
Don't exhibit your miserable and deplorable intellectual state of mind like that.
It is embarrassing.

the Earth Clod

#119874 Aug 11, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn your right! I sure don't have to call it evasive , its self evident!, ha,ha,ha.
Translation: "I have no substantial answers to it".

Miserable tattler.

the Earth Clod

#119875 Aug 11, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is an idiot,... he sooo often proclaims the lack of knowledge of others, primarily to avoid answering, that his stupidity rises to comical levels. All I have to do is use his own words....
Evolution vs. Creation?
say it again,...creation
Again, is this kind of miserable, deplorable posts the only thing you manage to produce.
What a twerp.
If you have nothing of substantial interest to say, annoy anyone else on this forum with your deplorable tattle.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#119876 Aug 11, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Look out folks! Bozo's been put on irony meter genocide duty again.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#119877 Aug 11, 2014
bohart wrote:
attempt to force you to say the universe has a cause!...You homicidally stupid idiot, I only asked you if the universe was created or did it create itself
Then I explained why you were deliberately presenting loaded questions.
bohart wrote:
Its you who are doing the back flips and whining about the answer. Can you present evidence of any effect that doesn't have a cause?
Radioactive decay.
bohart wrote:
...or is cause and effect something not included in the puddle goo lexicon
Of course we deal with cause and effect. However cause and effect can be rendered redundant at the quantum level.
bohart wrote:
Here is the Dude, scientist el primo,....life on the other hand was produced by the universe?
Explain how the universe created life? oops, you can't well not scientifically, you have to resort to your puddle goo and the astronomical luck theory.
That must be why you always dodge what we say then.(shrug)

By the way, the theory of evolution doesn't rely on abiogenesis. And has long been demonstrated. You can stick all the invisible Jewmagic you like into abiogenesis or the start of the universe. Evolution still remains unrefuted. Which is all we have to worry about around here.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#119879 Aug 11, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution vs. Creation?
say it again,...creation
Except that the context of "creation" is clearly implied when pitted against evolution as an alternative as per the title of the thread. Evolution does not and never did pretend to explain the origin of the universe, or the earth, or even the first life for that matter. The theory posits a specific process that explains how life, once present, could change, develop, and diversify.

So obviously, its being contrasted with creationism as an explanation for these things, not for the origin of the universe. Evolution as a theory is not concerned at all whether God created the universe, and is perfectly compatible with God as a hypothesis. Its NOT compatible with literal biblical creationism, so that is obviously the relevant contrast here.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#119880 Aug 11, 2014
messianic114 wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
A bit more than an assertion, Bucko. It's called the Theory of Evolution. Perhaps you've heard of it?
There is no poofing of one species into another. The changes are gradual. There is no distinct separation from one to another.
Which if it were true we would see fossils with miniature legs, fish/amphibians with gills and lungs etc. We don't see this in the fossil record. What we see is distinct organisms with no predecessors. Can you explain since we are seeing gradual change over time why we have no new phyla since the Cambrian Era? That's what 500 million years?
They were complex, well-developed organisms with many types of differentiated cells, and it is widely conceded that evolution of these organisms from unicellular precursors within such a short period of time is highly doubtful.
http://www.allaboutscience.org/the-cambrian-e...
<quoted text>
Well, given the fact that the professional biologists and geneticists say otherwise, I'll go with their opinion over some clown on the internet with a messiah complex. But that's just me.
Yeah these guys have never been wrong before. You are tacitly admitting you don't even understand the science. You can't answer the hard questions, and you resort to name calling like a child in the playground.
By the way the Emperor has no clothes on. And no you are not pissing me off.
I don't really care whether I piss you off or not. Unimportant.

And, no, it is unlikely that I can explain thine to you when you have such a incorrect understanding of ToE. You have to pull your head out first. I'll wait.

Nor have I tacitly admitted anything of the sort. I understand the science quite well and the fact that I refer to experts in the field is not my failing but yours.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#119881 Aug 11, 2014
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
were there quantum fluctuations before there was a universe?
Depends on the theory. In many of them, the term 'before' doesn't apply to the universe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Place For ID? 2 hr Chimney1 96
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 8 hr Dogen 1,691
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 10 hr Denisova 18,852
Why Are There No Transitional Animals Today? (Mar '09) Mon yoo 895
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Sun Paul Porter1 13,692
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Sun Kong_ 178,596
The Definition of a Creationist Scientist Sun Zog Has-fallen 3
More from around the web