Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 197205 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Seventh son”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#117070 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
here ya go lying jack wagon. your "weak" link that "you" posted
and it is not up to you to make clade and kind synonyms now is it. what was your little phrase,,, oh yeah - "it is up to science not you"
what a idiot jack wagon.you have proven to be
Just for posterity's sake , could you define what a lying jack wagon is?

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#117071 Jul 6, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you are redundant. A toy. She can get a new toy any time she likes. You're not that important.(shrug)
Likewise.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#117072 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
i hold a PhD in engineering, a masters in chemistry and currently seeking a PhD in business administration. also i hold a bachelors in criminology.
If that was true then you should know when and when not to apply the peer review standard. Many engineering techniques are so old that you will not be able to find the peer review they were based upon. They become an established fact.

I am always dubious of people that claim to have a degree and don't know how science works.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117073 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
then it is simple. produce what i asked for "observed evidence of non-human to human evolution, step by step, all steps of the way"
while you are at it produce a science definition of "observed or observation"" that is different form "observed or observation" that we all know
come on idiot jack wagon. let's see what you got.
Why?

Step by step is not the standard.

Come on moron, you claim to have degrees and yet you can't do basic science.

Level 2

Location hidden

#117074 Jul 6, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the one who is the most sensible and able to organize and steer is he or she who should take the lead.
Males are VERY OFTEN not those.
Yes you need a woman too - for bolstering your ego.
Because you desperately need some-one whose head you are.
While she might make better decisions ALL THE TIME.
I think you have severe problems recognizing that many women are better than you, maybe even in most respects.
We don't need societies or organizations where only one gender is in the lead.
It spells misery for the other gender and brings low quality.
Read http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikaandersen/201... and try to catch up because otherwise you become a angry yammer boy soon.
Likewise. Every woman also needs a man and vice versa. But this does not change the position of the men.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117075 Jul 6, 2014
the first problem lies in that you are used to dealing with creationists who are easy to bat down and challenge for they are always making idiotic claims which we all know we can simply smack them by "back it up or shut up"

the next problem is i am not a creationists. i will not lie for science or religion. if something is said by either i will ask for it to be backed up. the only way i know to back something up and have it be correct is by peer reviewed science.

the third problem is that there are some here that think they "know" when they really don't "know". they have never studied the topic other than trying to learn a little on their own and don't really understand what they read. but they have no problem throwing out the words, phrases or articles of what they read even though they did not understand it. they feel a little smarter but look more foolish.

Level 2

Location hidden

#117076 Jul 6, 2014
TurkanaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the one who is the most sensible and able to organize and steer is he or she who should take the lead.
Males are VERY OFTEN not those.
Yes you need a woman too - for bolstering your ego.
Because you desperately need some-one whose head you are.
While she might make better decisions ALL THE TIME.
I think you have severe problems recognizing that many women are better than you, maybe even in most respects.
We don't need societies or organizations where only one gender is in the lead.
It spells misery for the other gender and brings low quality.
Read http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikaandersen/201... and try to catch up because otherwise you become a angry yammer boy soon.
The same with the woman folks and vice versa.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117077 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
There is always an excuse with you.
What a loser.
And once again moron, wrong time to play the "peer review" card. This is not cutting edge science. This is established science. Peer review will not apply here.
Try again moron, and I see that you have not addressed the actual argument.
if you have referenced peer reviewed ligament science, link it. i would gladly read it or go about your merry way with your under-qualified garbage. after all that what science is all about -- referenced peer reviewed science,

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117078 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
lets go back to your wiki, 2006
Aron-Ra - I am an advocate of legitimate science education, and am very interested paleozoology and various aspects of evolutionary theory. I am also a college student seeking a degree in geoscience. And once I have that degree, I expect to be hired as a paleontologist immediately -because I already have my own hat.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Aron-Ra
yep he is an expert too huh. what a tard.
If you looked at his work you would see he has done his homework. He is very well educated in biology.

And yup, you are a monumental tard.

Level 2

Location hidden

#117079 Jul 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Because perhaps the souk (soul) or spirit are myths like your god
Tell me, have you ever seen the tooth fairy, or the sandman, leprechauns? No? I wonder why
Just admit your errors. The soul is not the same as the flesh or body.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117080 Jul 6, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Just for posterity's sake , could you define what a lying jack wagon is?
subduction zone fits the definition perfectly. just read his posts, his weak arguments, his cowardly junk science and all his lies and you have it.

Level 2

Location hidden

#117081 Jul 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
In your own words - Garbage
The society does not recognise that.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117082 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
the first problem lies in that you are used to dealing with creationists who are easy to bat down and challenge for they are always making idiotic claims which we all know we can simply smack them by "back it up or shut up"
the next problem is i am not a creationists. i will not lie for science or religion. if something is said by either i will ask for it to be backed up. the only way i know to back something up and have it be correct is by peer reviewed science.
the third problem is that there are some here that think they "know" when they really don't "know". they have never studied the topic other than trying to learn a little on their own and don't really understand what they read. but they have no problem throwing out the words, phrases or articles of what they read even though they did not understand it. they feel a little smarter but look more foolish.
Please don't lie. You admitted to being a creationist.

You don't believe in human evolution. That makes you a creationist.

You know what I believe, here is a simple test for your honesty. What is the origin of the human species according to you?

My beliefs are supported by evidence. I would like to know what your beliefs are and what evidence you think supports them.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117083 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Step by step is not the standard.
Come on moron, you claim to have degrees and yet you can't do basic science.
step by step, all steps along the way is observed non-human to human evolution. we have never observed that. we have however observed similarities in the fossil record and in molecular biology and that is it.
if you want to lie to support your claim, evolution and science that is up to you. i will see you no different than a lying creationists.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117084 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
subduction zone fits the definition perfectly. just read his posts, his weak arguments, his cowardly junk science and all his lies and you have it.
And yet even though my science is supposedly weak you cannot even address it.

You know what that means your views are.

You are a dishonest lying piece of crap. What do you believe and why? You have already been shown to be dishonest by your attempts to require ridiculous and unreasonable amounts of evidence. The fact is that all evidence found so far supports the theory of evolution, which includes hominid evolution and nothing else.

All I have seen from you is blind, baseless ignorance of evidence.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117085 Jul 6, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> .
you seem to be on the other side of the fence from evolution science.

not picking on you but what do you believe in? you don't have to explain why.

have you done your homework? if you have, then according to subduction zone you are an expert in that field. just thought i would let you know. so don't take their crap, you are an expert!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#117086 Jul 6, 2014
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
step by step, all steps along the way is observed non-human to human evolution. we have never observed that. we have however observed similarities in the fossil record and in molecular biology and that is it.
if you want to lie to support your claim, evolution and science that is up to you. i will see you no different than a lying creationists.
It has not been observed step to step. That is a ridiculous standard. How do we know that you are the same person that your mother supposedly had in the hospital? Do you have a photograph taken of you for every day of your life? We don't need step by step to know that we evolved. You don't need a million photographs to prove that you are who you claim to be. A reasonable amount of evidence is all that is needed and we have far more than that.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117087 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't lie. You admitted to being a creationist.
another lie. produce it.
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>You don't believe in human evolution. That makes you a creationist.
another lie.prove it or produce it.
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>You know what I believe, here is a simple test for your honesty. What is the origin of the human species according to you?
don't question me to try to take the focus off of you. you have many things that need answering too. read back
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>My beliefs are supported by evidence. I would like to know what your beliefs are and what evidence you think supports them.
you have supported nothing you have said. that is your problem. you don't and never do.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117088 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet even though my science is supposedly weak you cannot even address it.
You know what that means your views are.
You are a dishonest lying piece of crap. What do you believe and why? You have already been shown to be dishonest by your attempts to require ridiculous and unreasonable amounts of evidence. The fact is that all evidence found so far supports the theory of evolution, which includes hominid evolution and nothing else.
All I have seen from you is blind, baseless ignorance of evidence.
you have produced no science you idiot jack wagon.
wondering

Morris, OK

#117089 Jul 6, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It has not been observed step to step. That is a ridiculous standard. How do we know that you are the same person that your mother supposedly had in the hospital? Do you have a photograph taken of you for every day of your life? We don't need step by step to know that we evolved. You don't need a million photographs to prove that you are who you claim to be. A reasonable amount of evidence is all that is needed and we have far more than that.
i call it dna evidence. not 80% not 85% not 90%.,.,.,you can tell by my dna i was birthed from my mother. that was a stupid question but i expected one out of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min Chimney1 31,001
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr Kenedy njoroge 150,892
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 4 hr Patrick 13,170
Another "gap" gets closed 17 hr MIDutch 1
Christianity and why its wrong + evolution debates May 21 Zog Has-fallen 15
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) May 17 Bkd 1,746
Clues to ancient giant asteroid found in Australia May 17 MIDutch 1
More from around the web