Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 197164 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#113880 Jun 11, 2014
bohart wrote:
Ahh! the sucking bone!
Tell me again how something that was alive and died couldn't come back to life ,but something that had never lived could spring to life!
Krebs cycle.
bohart wrote:
You said that!
..or you are a liar for the goo
You're a liar for Jesus, a hater of irony meters, and a promoter of anti-kitten propaganda.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#113881 Jun 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse, you don't . The evidence of God can never be ruled out.
True.

Can't rule out what doesn't exist.(shrug)

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#113882 Jun 11, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not a racist. I am a nationalist. The ethnic Germans in America are traitors.
Oh, really? Any why is that?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#113883 Jun 11, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not a racist. I am a nationalist. The ethnic Germans in America are traitors.
Kinda like the BNP then. But German.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#113884 Jun 11, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that people who don't have the luck to be born as a German are angry but that is destiny.
And to think you are serious. Geez.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#113885 Jun 11, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
You did almost nothing.
We fought against half of the world.
And lost. Twice. You should learn something from that.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#113886 Jun 11, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
In a war that was caused by Great Britain and France.
Opening can of worms...

And the Holocaust? That was the fault of Great Britain and France as well?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#113887 Jun 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Far from guessing. So, tell us, who made the earth?
The God answer fits in.
So does the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#113888 Jun 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Why?
Africans, Asians, Europeans, etc, we are all humans. Period.
God is one, whether Allah, etc, he is just one. But the paramount thing is that, God is not violent. God is not a terrorist.
Which book are YOU reading??

:-/

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#113889 Jun 11, 2014
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
They can and they do, but mutation is still random and proof is not absolute, nor is the path of random mutation something that can be predicted.
The real problem is that Creationists demand absolute proof. The nature of the Theory of Evolution is such that proof would be like trying to balance a wet spaghetti noodle upright on your nose. In theory, it's doable. In reality, it's such an absurd notion to try that "Evolutionists"(whic h I prefer to call scientific agnostics) really see no reason to indulge creationists who won't be satisfied anyway.
The logic game is that creationists expect science to prove God does NOT exist and that is logically impossible. Even though not a single shred of actual empirical evidence exists that can define and/or demonstrate the existence of a divine being, the onus is on science to prove that the voices in some people's heads are just their own delusions.
If science were to approach the question, it would probably only address the psychological aspects of those who need a god. Science simply does not invent a god to explain that which it does not understand by observation and logic. Understand the human mind? Still only theory, and only defined by statistical analysis. There will always be random exceptions, because that is the nature of living things.
Do you still insist on being able to find some hidden message that explains your reason for being? That's too bad, because choosing your own reason for being has as much value as serving those you care for. If you EVER find yourself doubting your altruism and indulging your selfish nature, accept that you've still make your choices in life and you are still accountable for them. There is no "Get out of Hell Free" card for the living or the dead.
Perhaps it's best not to let others make your choices for you, served with a sprig of religious parsley. If I am to be damned, I fully expect to know the reason for my punishment or life never had meaning to begin with. If the only answer is "lack of faith", all I can say is "faith in what? What ever existed in my world to compel me to choices other than the ones I made?"
Is it that old "you were told about God's word so you have no excuses!" rhetoric? I've been told many contradictory things about "God's word". My only possible choice is to abandon "faith" and FIND what truth can be found in the natural world... and there is Evolution, showing us a detailed story about how things came to be. Evolution does not tell us that we are born killer apes and that is our destiny. It only tells us that we are limited beings in a limitless universe, and that the only absolute is change.
Dying is not part of that program but it can't be avoided. My advice? Don't spend your life preparing for a death whose terms you have no ability to negotiate. What happens next is anyone's guess.
Excellent post

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#113890 Jun 11, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
No but America starts wars all the time
Afghanistan, Iraq ...
Don't think we are all very happy about that.
deutscher Stolz wrote:
Now they are spying at us.
Everybody spies. Including Germany.

http://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/201...
http://rt.com/news/164428-germany-snowden-spy...
http://www.presstv.ir/detail/2014/06/01/36502...
https://www.accessnow.org/blog/2014/06/04/nsa...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#113891 Jun 11, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just pissed because we made you pay for yours.
Agreed.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#113892 Jun 11, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Some day you will pay for your crimes
Just gotta check - you're not the guy who played keyboard for Sparks, are ya?

If so I'm gonna PM the PM and recommend he puts in an order for some more Spitfires.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#113893 Jun 11, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Far from guessing. So, tell us, who made the earth?
The God answer fits in.
"God" is an answer in the same way "Pork Chop" is an answer. Neither "answer" explains anything

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#113894 Jun 11, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Just gotta check - you're not the guy who played keyboard for Sparks, are ya?

If so I'm gonna PM the PM and recommend he puts in an order for some more Spitfires.
Next time, we'll let Russia take Germany like they wanted to.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#113895 Jun 11, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think we are all very happy about that.
<quoted text>
Everybody spies. Including Germany.
Yeah, but remember James Bond. Nobody does it better.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#113896 Jun 11, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
...it WAS in all the papers.
deutscher Stolz

Osnabrück, Germany

#113897 Jun 11, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Opening can of worms...
And the Holocaust? That was the fault of Great Britain and France as well?
Of course it was.
Without Great Britain, Poland and France Nazis wouldn't come to power in Germany
deutscher Stolz

Osnabrück, Germany

#113898 Jun 11, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
We hadn't any other chance than to fought against the criminal nations that envied our growing prosperity.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#113899 Jun 11, 2014
deutscher Stolz wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it was.
Wow.
deutscher Stolz wrote:
Without Great Britain, Poland and France Nazis wouldn't come to power in Germany
And who put the Nazis in power? Were the British, the Poles and the French voting in those election? Get a grip.

I'm not going to suggest that the Allied Powers where always right nor we they always fair to Germany. But the German people need to own up to their own mistakes. They made their choices and they have to live with their sins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 57 min Chimney1 30,877
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr JustASkeptic 13,095
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr Chimney1 150,882
Christianity and why its wrong + evolution debates May 21 Zog Has-fallen 15
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) May 17 Bkd 1,746
Clues to ancient giant asteroid found in Australia May 17 MIDutch 1
Endogenous retroviruses put common descent beyo... May 16 MIDutch 5
More from around the web