Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#112441 Apr 29, 2014
HAPPY wrote:
<quoted text>It lifted off the earth for a time and then it floated upon the water before it came back to rest on earth. Sounds to me like it was a covering of the entire ark container that took it and the compartmentalized contents up out of harms way maybe in to space, until the cataclsym was over.
Wow.

"Happy", eh?
I bet you are.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#112442 Apr 29, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
An educated guess is far removed from fact.

I never said evolution was not interesting, the origin of life is an age old question.

But to blindly follow evolution is very cult-like

Reminds me of the big bangists, scientologists and unitarians
Except that evolution is demonstrable, remember? So far you ain't come up with a rebuttal.

You want cult-like, go look in a mirror.
SevenTee wrote:
There is a complete lack of fossil record
Some excavator finds a "Lucy" and starts to tell people that is a subhuman form of modern man and people fall for that crap.
And now you're lying again.

Remember your OWN SOURCES disagreed with you. So in other words you don't give a fig about the evidence and just deny anything you like on convenience.
SevenTee wrote:
No that is about as credible as the coming Ice Age or Global Warming.
And now you hate kittens.
SevenTee wrote:
A few centuries from now people will laugh at the idiocy of the common evolution belief system. It will be like the flat earth theory and the sun revolving around the sun theory.
Evolution will be like creationism? Unlikely. In fact I'd say your 150 year old joke will just be an older joke. Evolution might have changed a bit, but common ancestry will still be the only explanation that works.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#112443 Apr 29, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
An educated guess is far removed from fact.
I never said evolution was not interesting, the origin of life is an age old question.
But to blindly follow evolution is very cult-like
Reminds me of the big bangists, scientologists and unitarians
Nobody being asked to "blindly follow evolution". Blind following is the antithesis of science. You are expected to examine and understand the evidence, consider what could weaken the evidence, be critical of all claims and understand their basis. As those trained in biology have done.

At the same time, blindly denying the massive and consistent evidence for a scientific theory, just on the basis that you don't like its supposed implications....now that is cultist and anti-science behaviour. We all know that anti-evolutionists do not have a single valid evidence or logic based argument against the science itself. If they had, we would have seen it already, but all we get are the same, tired, easily refuted load of garbage.

In the end its always and only the fact that evolution falsifies Genesis (just as geology and astronomy do), and in doing so makes you fear that other parts of the Bible might be false too...the bits you really really really WANT to believe in.
spOko

Oakland, CA

#112445 Apr 29, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have studied his work, and agree with his position.
Karl Popper and the fireplace poker ... it's a good read and entertaining as well

“Groooovin'”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#112446 Apr 29, 2014
GET OVER IT ALREADY!!! Creation...A GRAND DESIGN!!
Evolution.. a MISMANAGED THOUGHT PROCESS!!
spOko

Oakland, CA

#112447 Apr 29, 2014
Ever since the first replicating molecules ...
http://aeon.co/magazine/nature-and-cosmos/sta...
HAPPY

Richmond, VA

#112448 Apr 29, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
RIGHT ON!

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#112449 Apr 29, 2014
Petal Power wrote:
petal power...A TROLL!!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#112450 Apr 29, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what name you picked up on your Google search.
To me "Lucy" is a dead monkey or ape whose remains somehow got preserved. It really has nothing to do with Human Beings
To YOU, snakes can talk, unicorns are real, as are giants and witches.

Fortunately, we have these highly intelligent, educated folks called "scientists" that do not agree with your simple denial of the facts.

You lose.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#112451 Apr 29, 2014
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have studied his work, and agree with his position.
Dang honestly he would be someone if IF there is more to understand or a want to know more into what however to precise... is it people human that some of us are interested in gaining more knowledge over and if it is more than to physical especially to where spirit meets up somewhere in that realm of all in touch and be touched and to touch someone in which way from or shape? what are we in for? I would have to read his books I suppose and that is with me the thing a need to know vs. a want. Philosophy is just very interesting I mean it has allowed us more to study in ways that included not expelling but it seems much of the ways as once upon just are not the same anymore..

Fencing is it to sport and at a time when the blade was that sharp it was not a game as much as one had thought to see who can be quicker faster to pull...To be pulled or to have one pulled over...

How can Human absorb take in and still remain in such a dark that life has it's constant to current as if there was nothing left and that is how I am mostly feeling...but just some mere variations of what has been...

When I am thinking to Presidency and to let the People know and media and who is in to know of death is really what I am pondering on how far we have dealt for those that haven't been there...

Is this drawn on I see it much to pretend for in thought to think what in off springs all had or will have to be made part of?

As much as I can understand the cost of a living to what keeps us truly alive?

Who so should be somewhat of feel to feel or how to feel in stepping aside some for those that have (passed and if so this is true and to fact) and ought they not fortunate to be able to manage well without having had any strange to their own world...Is it that they want strange occurrences happening to the m fully be part in and to know what death is? In itself?

Peaceful rest in healing and the strict need for the un known to have known in need to understanding and who was it so pleasing in supply?

Man has done some horrific mistakes and in turn was it not how to master and correct?

For war battles and talk about misfortune and conduct and old battles in war...and when an end to all endurances will come? What more can one think of/

Is there not enough in real REAL IS then and in real one deserves to have space in undertaking their own in their own way view to their own in knowledge...

Alien SPecie and who's business it really is?????

Popper has some clear points just from the beginning to read about him I can tell that he had a clear vision...

Little seems he let himself not be made part of it seems?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#112452 Apr 29, 2014
I dare any evolutionist to disprove God. Because you CANT.

You can say there's no evidence to the existence of God.
You can say the "holy books" are BS and debate 2000 year old texts from a land no one lives in.
You can say the earth is older than 6000 years.

But remove ALL that from your argument. Because all that crap is NOT creationism. it's Judeo Christian / Jewish / Islamic / Musim faiths from one central source that "presumes" God authorized texts.

I dare anyone to show me proof that GOD did not orchestrate the evolutionary process.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#112453 Apr 29, 2014
TheFarSide wrote:
You can say the "holy books" are BS and debate 2000 year old texts from a land no one lives in.
But remove ALL that from your argument. Because all that crap is NOT creationism. it's Judeo Christian / Jewish / Islamic / Musim faiths from one central source that "presumes" God authorized texts.
I dare anyone to show me proof that GOD did not orchestrate the evolutionary process.
You're right, but who cares. Evolution is science and not for or against God. There is only evidence that evolution is a natural process like gravity and sunlight. Why are you so overwrought with this. Talk about over passionate rants. You are starting to become unhinged mate. That parrot is bleeding dead.

Show me where in the theory of evolution that is states there is no God. Show me the evidence that states that it is trying to disprove the existence of God. Show me the evidence that there is an intelligent agent controlling evolution. No rants. No random strings of subjects. Just the simple facts.

Level 6

in a city...

#112454 Apr 30, 2014
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
To YOU, snakes can talk, unicorns are real, as are giants and witches.
Fortunately, we have these highly intelligent, educated folks called "scientists" that do not agree with your simple denial of the facts.
You lose.
Facts remain to be that as far as Theory and it's apply to twist some things around maybe but as far as Mythical Times and it's existence really some may say there is none in denial unless through space it is, if not to earth bound then happy travel ...You may have to pass it somewhere...You know Witch Mountain the peek of all that has sprung to surface...

Probably know people there too in witch land ways and how misleading some can be treated to 6th sense and falling instinct in nature?
Dogs cats? Beasts that will attack anything...

Maybe stick with the people and further observe them...

Seems spirits have had some time since when was it the time of Satan?

Level 6

in a city...

#112455 Apr 30, 2014
Spirits

Level 6

in a city...

#112456 Apr 30, 2014
If I could have an opportunity to speak with such a man as Professor Popper or one of his followers in his believe and to speak more clear honest and precise about issues of DA SOUL...Generally I gathered anyway that it is indeed where one's memory remains and knowledge is kept so now how is it that due to some events certain memories have emerged to the surface and to how and who and what has been talking in visuals too hu?

So where one is placed and who owns what?

All to in respect of and in program? Maybe they won't need any but some of us because for them may have that need more than ever....

SO to discussion and fast swift reply sender return to to what was for some manageability...
Some people deserve some time away off in complete un interruptions...
It's just the way it is...

Earth as we know it and who and well I have a feeling America won't have to suffer much longer there will be soon enough plenty of work...

Plus where we are I mean dang Michael is singing on Thursday at some award show...

And it's not all just fun and laughter now is it, unless you study to become Ignorant...

Level 6

in a city...

#112457 Apr 30, 2014
And F their antagonistic TITS AND LIPS AND EYE PUFF WEAR AND hmmm maybe they will need that when the laughter wears off...

I don't know ...Just one more thought, those that have reached who's supplying their new gains?

How far to complete happiness when it doesn't get any better the best is yet to come?

Level 6

in a city...

#112458 Apr 30, 2014
Good Night...

Level 6

in a city...

#112459 Apr 30, 2014
Belief and his believing...:) or is it actively believe to his mind?

It's all way too confusing at times and simply put one tries I suppose...

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#112460 Apr 30, 2014
TheFarSide wrote:
Evolution has nothing to do with belief or non-belief in God. There is nothing preventing someone from being a Christina (or Muslim, or Jew, or Hindu, etc.) and accepting the evidence for Evolution.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#112461 Apr 30, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
I don't care what name you picked up on your Google search.
To me "Lucy" is a dead monkey or ape whose remains somehow got preserved. It really has nothing to do with Human Beings
Exactly. You don't care. That's why your opinion is not important in the slightest.

Fact is you and Lucy are related. Doesn't matter at all what you think. You don't matter.
TheFarSide wrote:
Exactly. Therefore it's not science. Therefore we don't even have to give it the tiniest amount of consideration in a scientific context. We can simply ignore it.

Until some uneducated fundie comes along and starts pretending that invisible magic Jews are somehow relevant to science, then we'll happily point out why they're wrong.(shrug)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 1 hr Chimney1 1,339
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 3 hr kenedy njoroge 141,279
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr thertruth 18,673
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) 4 hr GTID62 13,669
No Place For ID? 4 hr GTID62 1
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Fri hpcaban 178,585
Guadeloupe Woman Found (1812 (Mar '10) Apr 23 MikeF 73
More from around the web