Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 5,318)

Showing posts 106,341 - 106,360 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

MrBob jones wrote:
<quoted text>
im not some stupid puberty induced kid im a 37 year old psycologist and im sorry if punctuation wasnt my strongest subject.
OK Nick, that's good. But a 37 year-old psychologist would have the common sense to at least change his location. But congrats on the spelling of psychologist this time. You're getting better.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> See?? There you go changing and twisting the story yet again. It's not Fundamental Christianity being desperate. Read the FULL title of the freakin' book. I stand by what I believe - that RACES in the title could only ultimately imply RACES of MEN (humans).
You are wrong. They could imply horse races, but they don't. I have twisted nothing. It is your desperation that twists it. The book is about evolution and the origin of species. It doesn't mention evolution of people much or at all and goes into no detail about one or more human races being favored over others. Again you avoid the fact that the science is solid. Darwin did what hadn't been done before. He offered the mechanism of evolution in natural selection. The book is about all the evidence to support that.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Wel, if you look properly, the facts of science clearly support Creation. I don't know if you know your left shoe from your right, son.
Attacking me won't change reality, but it is amusing to watch you try. Science doesn't support special creation. Geology sets the age of the earth back billions of years. Genetics and evolution show that humans were not derived from a single pair 6000 years ago. Anatomy and biology show that while evolution is a great process it only works with what it has and many biological processes and structures are not ideal. Our own eye for instance has a bad design. The nerves and blood vessels are in front of the retina, leaving a blind spot so that our brain has to filter out the distortion. Paleontolgy shows the development of many from primate ancestors. Cytogenetics and molecular biology show the relatedness of man to our nearest relatives through chromosomes, homology of genes, and ERV's.

You may want to rethink your position while removing my left shoe from your ass.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well, the "simple fact " is that scientific evidence CLEARLY confirms the Creation theory, and that Evolution is actually the theory which is a construct of man's imagination. It actually takes a GREATER leap of faith to believe Evolution than it does Creation. Also, Evolution says everything is going on an UPWARD path (EVOLVING), whereas Creation says the EXACT OPPOSITE - that everything is DETERIORATING - going in a DOWNWARD path. Entropy is INCREASING, right?? The world these days is more WICKED, more SELFISH, more CORRUPT, more IMMORAL etc...than it was 100, 50, 10, or even only 5 years ago. Creation is right. But hey, you have your own opinion, and you are perfectly entitled to it.
Opinion supported by facts and apparently a clean bill of mental health.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah, we Creos are tools (hee-hee-hee!!). Don't worry - us religies won't unleash the Big Nuke!!
No fundie Christian terrorists haven't gotten the bomb yet.

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

MrBob jones wrote:
<quoted text>
im not some stupid puberty induced kid im a 37 year old psycologist and im sorry if punctuation wasnt my strongest subject.
It isn't any better than your ability to carry off a lie.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
OK Nick, that's good. But a 37 year-old psychologist would have the common sense to at least change his location. But congrats on the spelling of psychologist this time. You're getting better.
"psycologist."

You mean his improved >attempt< at spelling psychologist, don't you?
It's a good thing that he isn't a chrysanthemum horticulturalist.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Hokey Dokey. What do you think of NDEs (Near Death Experiences)?? Tell me, WHY do so many people who have had an NDE say they are not atheists any more (if they were previously) and that the NDE has had a PROFOUND EFFECT on their lives?? Why don't they just pass it off as just an hallucination, or a good/bad dream?? Why is that?? By The Way, your "Devil" photo made me laugh (hee-hee).
Speaking of NDEs:
http://news.discovery.com/history/religion/he...

Level 9

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Hokey Dokey. What do you think of NDEs (Near Death Experiences)?? Tell me, WHY do so many people who have had an NDE say they are not atheists any more (if they were previously) and that the NDE has had a PROFOUND EFFECT on their lives?? Why don't they just pass it off as just an hallucination, or a good/bad dream?? Why is that?? By The Way, your "Devil" photo made me laugh (hee-hee).
I have been having an NDE since birth. You are right, it has had a profound effect on me.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just simply false. The evidence we have shows that species change over time. This is indisputable given that the species from 1 million years ago are different than those today, and are different than those from 10 million years ago, etc. And the fact that species change over time *is* evolution. The data for this is solid.
<quoted text>
This is a misunderstanding of what evolutionary biology actually says. There is no 'upward' versus 'downward'. There *is* change and adaptation to changing environments leading to new species.
<quoted text>
And that is NOT what the evidence actually shows.
<quoted text>
Wrong. Entropy increases in closed systems. It may well increase in open systems. Also, entropy is only very loosely connected with 'order' or deterioration.
<quoted text>
I think you are also wrong here. There is more information about the corruption now than there was before, but that is because technology allows for the collection of that information. Politics has *always* been corrupt and based on selfishness. if you go back to the Roman empire, you see selfishness, corruption and wickedness. It is a constant of human society. Some places and times do a bit better; some do a bit worse. We are probably better in many ways that what existed 500 years ago.
Simply put, entropy doesn't increase without changing a variable such as the amount of thermal energy in the system. On every generality he's just yakbacking what he's heard from other creationists who are as ignorant of their talking points as he is.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"psycologist."
You mean his improved >attempt< at spelling psychologist, don't you?
It's a good thing that he isn't a chrysanthemum horticulturalist.
*hanging head in shame*

lol - oops, didn't catch that.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Projection of the highest order.
That's why you are unable to refute us.
<quoted text>
We don't need any such document. We have the fossils. With the correct characteristics. In the correct strata they should be. Unfortunately for you you just admitted your ignorance of the terminology we've used meaning you don't have a clue what we're talking about anyway.
Anyone can poke fun of anybody, that's not impressive. But what you CAN'T do is poke fun at us while simultaneously refuting our posts using scientific evidence, like we can with you.
Your lack of education is YOUR problem, not ours.(shrug)
Ready to apologise yet?
Thought so. Fundies have no shame.
Sure thing DUDE

Where is this 4 million year old fossil?

What you are saying is in direct contradiction to the Smithsonian Institute so if you don't mind I will take them over you DUDE
HTS

Williston, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just simply false. The evidence we have shows that species change over time. This is indisputable given that the species from 1 million years ago are different than those today, and are different than those from 10 million years ago, etc. And the fact that species change over time *is* evolution. The data for this is solid.
<quoted text>

<quoted text>
You have no solid "data"
Your dating system is fundamentally flawed.
It is not reproducible and relies on layers of assumptions, none of which are provable.
There is no scientific proof that any life form has been in the earth for more than about 6,000 years.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no solid "data"
It is not reproducible and relies on layers of assumptions, none of which are provable.
There is no scientific proof that any life form has been in the earth for more than about 6,000 years.
You in fact are stupid.. not ordinary stupid.
You are in fact stupid beyond belief.

The Dude

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing DUDE
What you are saying is in direct contradiction to the Smithsonian Institute so if you don't mind I will take them over you DUDE
By all means.(shrug)

http://humanorigins.si.edu/
The Dude

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You in fact are stupid.. not ordinary stupid.
You are in fact stupid beyond belief.
BEYOND belief.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no solid "data"
I guess that 99.9+% of paleontologists, biologists, archaeologists, etc. can't always be right, eh HTS? Good thing that there's that overwhelming >.001% of Discovery Institute world class "scientists" to back up your statements in cases like this.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing DUDE
http://paleobiology.si.edu/geotime/main/htmlv...

Oops.. overshot the mark by 2.006 billion years. Lessee... if my math is right, that would be only be about 55 Yahweh centuries, wouldn't it?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

MrBob jones wrote:
<quoted text>

Nor spelling.

Can't spell your own profession?

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing DUDE

They have some older than that AT THE SMITHSONIAN.

Been there. Seen them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 106,341 - 106,360 of112,792
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••