Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 204712 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#112315 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Well the Book is never wrong. I stick by it. The Gematria (numerical values of letters and words) in the Bible is nothing short of AMAZING. It could only have been written by a being with awesome intelligence.
So you believe the Earth to be flat.

You believe that you can change the color of the young of sheep by having them mate in front of striped sticks.

You believe that leprosy can be cured with dove's blood.

You believe that it is a sin to eat shellfish.

You believe that it is a sin to wear polyester.

Or are you just being a hypocrite again?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112316 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Regarding the Big Bang Theory, how can ORDER, ORGANIZATION, FORM and FUNCTION come from an EXPLOSION?? The whole idea of the BBT is a barefaced LIE. Evolution: tiny little incremental changes over MILLIONS and BILLIONS of years. Yeah, right. 2nd Law of T/dynamics says everything DETERIORATES (loses energy, becomes more disorderly, and basically ROTS over time). Isn't that's what is happening?? Yeah, you are right about the universe:It was once in a HIGHER STATE (more heat, for instance) and is NOW in a LOWER STATE (less heat), so you are actually CONFIRMING what the Creos are saying. AND as for Yahweh, I put ALL my BETS on HIM (GUARANTEED TO WIN!!).
It is sad that you have t mischaracterize what the Big Bang was. It was not an explosion. By lying about what it was you are essentially conceding the argument that the Big Bang happened.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112317 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Sure!! Go ahead and live a SINFUL LIFE!! Everythings gonna be alright!! Ther's NO such animal called GOD!! Here, have some more drugs and alcohol!! Get into SEX, SEX, SEX!!!!! WOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!!! What a WILD RIDE!!!!!
Again, most atheists aren't into those faults. At least not to the extent that Christians are.

Perhaps you need some magic book to keep yourself in check, we don't feel that need.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112318 Apr 27, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you consider California to be? Modern Western has it gained in or improved?
Physically and materially, yes. Morally and ethically, no.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112319 Apr 27, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you consider California to be? Modern Western has it gained in or improved?
Materially, yes. Morally, no.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112321 Apr 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding? Why wouldn't you want humanity to carry on, your grand children , great grands, great great grands......Death is a part of life we have to accept, as it's the inescapable last act of the living.
Accept that at the end of the sentence is a "." .
God is the God of the LIVING, not the dead. Only God will be able to give us ETERNAL LIFE, that way we will all CARRY ON forever, so you actually AGREE with the Creos like me in that regard. Are you SURE you're on the right side??
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112322 Apr 27, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe let's say someone loses their sanity and not remembering who they are then what is the soul to do and does it sustain in it's place uhhhh some storage made to hold it until further knowledge that can set the old in motion?
Where would one have to resign and when odes this exactly happen?
At the onset of death at the end of death during?
What death is and what is instilled for it to be surely it isn't for more torture or pain after the fact and what is man's role in it...
Death is a result of Man's disobedience to God. Everyone dies/will die someday. If someone loses their marbles, that is not their fault. God will give them a second chance on J-Day. There will be HELL (literally) to PAY for those who WILLINGLY DISOBEY God (Ezekiel 18:4).
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112323 Apr 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The indoctrinated are lulled into believing in all sort of cruel hoaxes, alternate science, talking snakes, virgin pregnancy, resurrection of the dead, afterlife, global floods and Hell.
How are you on giants, demons, angels, magical fruit, and return of the zombie king lord of death on Earth end of the human race stuff?
You say you want a happy ending, when what you really want is to believe you can cheat death. Accept at the end ...we die and all that's left is a memory.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =_r3Aaeb7UZEXX
That is SOOOO shallow. I pity you.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112324 Apr 27, 2014
Tinka wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah and Animals...
Wonder which one they ate first on their travel...:)
Yep. And the animals, too, Tinka. They probably took a whole lotta fruit and veg to eat so that they could lay off the animals (he-he).
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112325 Apr 27, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd be ignorant like that.
Well, maybe not.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112326 Apr 27, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe the Earth to be flat.
You believe that you can change the color of the young of sheep by having them mate in front of striped sticks.
You believe that leprosy can be cured with dove's blood.
You believe that it is a sin to eat shellfish.
You believe that it is a sin to wear polyester.
Or are you just being a hypocrite again?
SZ, I suppose you DISAGREE with EVERYTHING the Bible says, huh??

NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112327 Apr 27, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad that you have t mischaracterize what the Big Bang was. It was not an explosion. By lying about what it was you are essentially conceding the argument that the Big Bang happened.
Wrong. I believe the BB did NOT happen.
NOISY TOILET

Tauranga, New Zealand

#112328 Apr 27, 2014
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, most atheists aren't into those faults. At least not to the extent that Christians are.
Perhaps you need some magic book to keep yourself in check, we don't feel that need.
Well if I were an atheist, I'd certainly GO FOR IT. I just wouldn't give a d, or care a piddle about life. SINNING GALORE!!! You have a good night!!!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112329 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> SZ, I suppose you DISAGREE with EVERYTHING the Bible says, huh??
No, just the parts that are wrong.

How about you? Do you believe in ALL of the Bible?

I bet that you don't.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#112330 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong. I believe the BB did NOT happen.
Then try not to be a lying a-hole when debating against it.
Or is that too big of a stretch for you?
No Dichotomy

Beverly, MA

#112331 Apr 27, 2014
Quantum Physics supports that there may not be a dichotomy. So maybe all is true, or maybe none is true. If all things are possible, then maybe there is no room for a dichotomy. Maybe someplace in the multiverse the coin lands on edge every time.

“Wrath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#112332 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> God is the God of the LIVING, not the dead. Only God will be able to give us ETERNAL LIFE, that way we will all CARRY ON forever, so you actually AGREE with the Creos like me in that regard. Are you SURE you're on the right side??
No we don't agree, you believe your spirit can have eternal life.
I said life can continue on, though we die our children can carry on.
There is no such thing as eternal life, that's your fantasy. It's not supported by anything other than a set of beliefs that require faith, not evidence to exist.

“Wrath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#112333 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Death is a result of Man's disobedience to God. Everyone dies/will die someday. If someone loses their marbles, that is not their fault. God will give them a second chance on J-Day. There will be HELL (literally) to PAY for those who WILLINGLY DISOBEY God (Ezekiel 18:4).
Death is the result of wearing out , or accident. Inevitability is the reason nothing can last forever. Not a human body, nor any source of energy. The whole biosphere preys upon itself
and for the most part in order for something to live, something must die.
The idea that death is because of mans disobedience to god is silly and a lie.
Little fish dies because of disobedience, ha ha ha. Little fish lives because of disobedience
would better describe what we see. You have the mentality of a totally brain washed bible nut.
Big fish dies for obeying god.....bites the hook.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#112334 Apr 27, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
They have no idea what the skull is, but one thing is for sure, it is not a human skull.

That is sort of the point.

H. Sapiens Sapiens only goes back about 45,000 years. And H. Sapiens from 160,000 years.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#112335 Apr 27, 2014
NOISY TOILET wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong. I believe the BB did NOT happen.

The only probe you have is all the evidence.

I don't believe in the color green.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr thetruth 18,451
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Chimney1 43,083
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 4 hr Bob of Quantum-Faith 900
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 5 hr Kenedy njoroge 151,450
Sun could not have formed as thought 13 hr Tired of YOU 7
Current Education And Its Huge Flaws Mon Bren 1
Transfer Old iPhone Data to Samsung Galaxy S7 w... Mon CarLayshia 1
More from around the web