Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#110695 Apr 5, 2014
Nick wrote:
But can you give me any observable proof that i can go and see for myself
It would be observable evidence and fossils are a good start.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#110696 Apr 5, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't a matter of "how universities operate." Are you claiming that Cornell University's liberal arts program is a seminary and/or divinity school?
I think this moke has confused Cornell University with a little divinity school in Iowa called Cornell College.

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#110698 Apr 5, 2014
Nick wrote:
But can you give me any observable proof that i can go and see for myself
150 years ago Darwin documented the Galápagos Islands finches.
There are many more, but you can start there

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#110699 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
So What? Cornell probably has a partnership with a Divinity School in the market area. Most likely Divinity Students spend their undergrad and masters at Cornell then are accepted into a Divinity School in a partnership program with Cornell. The divinity program may be on the same campus with Cornell. That is the setup at many major universities.
My original post was many prestigious universities Harvard, Princeton, Yale were established as Divinity Schools for the expressed purpose of training Ministers.
You Evolution idiots are pathetic
Actually the most famous naturalist did this exact thing.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#110701 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
So What? Cornell probably has a partnership with a Divinity School in the market area. Most likely Divinity Students spend their undergrad and masters at Cornell then are accepted into a Divinity School in a partnership program with Cornell. The divinity program may be on the same campus with Cornell. That is the setup at many major universities.
My original post was many prestigious universities Harvard, Princeton, Yale were established as Divinity Schools for the expressed purpose of training Ministers.
You realize the Constitution doesn't allow state funds to be used to support divinity schools.

I have attended two major universities and nothing like you suggest existed at either. I have been to a number of others and again nothing you describe exists there. I work with people at Cornell and have coworkers educated at Cornell. There is no such situation.

Your original post included state run universities and the private universities you indicate. You were and continue to be wrong. The evidence of who is pathetic fully supports your position in that category. To top it off moron. I am not an atheist. I laugh every time one of you morons calls me that.

By the way, I work with molecular biologists, biochemists and ecologists that accept evolution and were trained at Harvard, Yale and Princeton.

Thanks for playing. Sorry you are such a piss poor player.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#110702 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Incidentally, you don't need that much education to get into a divinity school. I believe the less you have the better for the fundamentalists schools.

“I be me, and you are...”

Level 6

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#110704 Apr 5, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Here lies the problem.... As far as you know.
That isn't very far , because evolution IS an observation.
First post to my eye...

Care to talk it over there here that is click that
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

If it is mere to observe it you should talk some more to understand someone I hear always a watchin'...

If it is though into Science and scientific data would you think after a while that who is the Observant is seems to be a servent VENT????

Servant if task to servantly of service...

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#110705 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with part of what you say, Evolution is a game
I never said you were an atheist, I said you were an evolutionist which one would suppose is the same philosophy
Then you would suppose wrongly.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#110706 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you were an atheist, I said you were an evolutionist which one would suppose is the same philosophy
You agree to your own imagining and you suppose things based purely on ignorance. You lie as well since your responses to me included the reference to atheism. You may have left yourself some wiggle room to mean you weren't referring directly to me, but that is just your cowardice.

Evolution is not equated with any religious belief or lack of religious belief. It is science. Sorry it makes your head hurt to try and understand that.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#110707 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I never made a statement about evolution being a game. Are you so stupid that you don't even know who you are responding to and about what?
Nick

Red Deer, Canada

#110708 Apr 5, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Then there is so much that you are not aware of.
Evolution is supported by observable evidence and the occurrence has long since been accepted in science.
But give me one example
Nick

Red Deer, Canada

#110709 Apr 5, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>It would be observable evidence and fossils are a good start.
But how is that 100% backed up fossilization doesn't have to take millions of years it just needs the right conditions we have fossilized teddy bears for example that were fossilized less than 10 years ago and if the fossils "prove" evolution then why is there so many missing links and remember its called the "theory" of evolution for a reason

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#110710 Apr 5, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
But how is that 100% backed up fossilization doesn't have to take millions of years it just needs the right conditions we have fossilized teddy bears for example that were fossilized less than 10 years ago and if the fossils "prove" evolution then why is there so many missing links and remember its called the "theory" of evolution for a reason
Sorry, Nick, you've been misinformed.

It takes a minimum (and still too short, IMO) 10,000 years to form a fossil.

Who told you of this fossilized teddy bear?
Nick

Red Deer, Canada

#110711 Apr 5, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
150 years ago Darwin documented the Galápagos Islands finches.
There are many more, but you can start there
No thay was natural selection and like i said a few comments back us christians believe in that to natural selection is real but one animal doesnt not simply turn into another when you have a cow you get a cow not a chicken or a horse :-P

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Location hidden

#110712 Apr 5, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
No thay was natural selection and like i said a few comments back us christians believe in that to natural selection is real but one animal doesnt not simply turn into another when you have a cow you get a cow not a chicken or a horse :-P
No one said any animal "simply" turns into another species. But speciation occurs over time.
If you look at this over deep time, after speciation has occurred many times, you will have and animal that does not resemble it's ancestors. We see it has happened to many species through the fossil record. It happened with horses, whales and humans, burying your head in the sand to this fact will get you no where. Evolution is a fact and an observation, It also has theory to it's methodology and if you admit natural selection occurs. Then you fail in logic if you cannot see that over deep time , natural selection is one Modus operandi in the evolution of species.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/01/...

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#110713 Apr 5, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no 100% backed up evidence that fossilization occurs rapidly. That bear and all the other items that have been intentionally encased in stone are the result of a process called concretion. It is not fossilization. Concretion is a common process and cultural artifacts associated with water are often coated with a layer of accumulated minerals. Minerals leached from the stony substrate of still or moving water precipitate out of solution and coat objects that are placed in the water.

Again fossils support evolution, but they are more evidence by themselves than anything that supports fundamentalist views of a young earth.

Obviously you are new to this and have little or no understanding what "theory" means in science. A theory is an explanation of why things are the way they are and is supported by evidence. Evolution has the support of nearly 200 years worth of evidence that has continually supported the theory. It has been accept by science for nearly 150 years.

It is laughable that some people will believe any bullshit they are told by someone claiming it is backed by the Bible, but a real scientific explanation backed by evidence, they consider mumbo jumbo.

As an example we have a very good series of fossils leading from the ancestral horse genus, Eohippus to the modern horse genus Equus with intermediates in between the two. We have a similar series for whale evolution and for reptile to mammal evolution. Not that these examples will be accepted by you. You would rather believe that the Noah road around on a dinosaur despite the fact that dinosaurs aren't mentioned in the Bible and there is no evidence they coexisted with humans.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#110714 Apr 5, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
Science doesn't say that one animal changes into another either, but whacko fundamentalists believe that science does. You see they don't understand science and are totally against it.

Science is not advocating a "Shazam" hypothesis for speciation and hasn't since science showed the world that spontaneous generation does not occur.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#110715 Apr 5, 2014
Nick wrote:
<quoted text>
But give me one example
I gave you three and fixed your misunderstanding of this hilarious "fossilized (lafin: teddy bear" bs.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#110716 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Just an observation Seven, although its not my argument, I couldn't help but notice some key phrases in the above text;

Probably, Most Likely, and May be.

Not a strong argument. But I do appreciate the fact that you capitalized Evolution. Respectful of you.
Shazam

Red Deer, Canada

#110717 Apr 5, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Science doesn't say that one animal changes into another either, but whacko fundamentalists believe that science does. You see they don't understand science and are totally against it.
Science is not advocating a "Shazam" hypothesis for speciation and hasn't since science showed the world that spontaneous generation does not occur.
Haha well maybe both sudes are just missinformed

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 41 min emrenil 917
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Aura Mytha 17,952
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 1 hr Dogen 178,147
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) Mar 26 Dogen 1,714
News Another Successful Prediction of Intelligent De... Mar 26 MikeF 1
News Intelligent Design: Corey Lee Mar 25 Paul Porter1 1
News Evolution debate vote (Mar '09) Mar 25 MikeF 3,394
More from around the web