Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 204874 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Wrath”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#108824 Feb 6, 2014
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>OK. So you are being misleading. To say science is not really sure where oil originates is not completely true. The abiogenic origin of petroleum hypothesis you describe has failed to predict locations of petroleum deposits, no direct evidence of abiogenic petroleum has been found, and there doesn't appear to be any scientific basis to support it. While remaining questions regarding the organic origin of petroleum limit the complete rejection of the abiogenic hypothesis, it is functionally a dead hypothesis.
Actually there have been several sources found that produce methane and hydrocarbons by a process called serpentinisation. Though they are not in huge quantity, it is evidence they maybe produced this way at depths beyond our ability to detect. This also leads researchers to hypothesize this serpentinisation process may have played a role in
the biopoiesis of life on Earth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_City_%28hyd...

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#108825 Feb 6, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Pig German. Funny. And a good point.
Pig German? But English is the language mostly used in international trade, banking, law, etc. German is not even among the first five. Start Speaking German henceforth.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108826 Feb 6, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
His name wasn't Charles Idemi by any chance, was it?
Reppoe Man.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108827 Feb 6, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What a wonderfully deep and fundamentally satisfying answer.
So you admit that you have nothing other than self aggrandisement and an ego a TV presenter would be proud of. It is unfortunate that you were unable to address any of the points in my post. But hey, ho, it was expected…
As long as you refuse to let go your idiocy, i will never relent. Scotland, England, and Wales, are all independent nations, it was the union that incorporated them as one. By that, Britain is not really a nation.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108828 Feb 7, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What a wonderfully deep and fundamentally satisfying answer.
So you admit that you have nothing other than self aggrandisement and an ego a TV presenter would be proud of. It is unfortunate that you were unable to address any of the points in my post. But hey, ho, it was expected…
As Long As England Exist, And Its Inhabitant Are Solely English, You Are Wrong.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108829 Feb 7, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is solely English, the Scots? The Welsh? The Northern Irish? How about those people from the Channel Islands of Jersey Guernsey, Or Sark, o the IOM.
Are they solely English, Does the IOW count here too How about Orkney, Shetland, Lewis, Skye, Arran Mull etc
How about the English speaking Americans, Canadians, Australians, Indians, Thos English speaking Caribbean Islands. Are they solely English too?
Honey you rally have no idea what you are talking about, you have got yourself the mire in so deep you can not see a way so swim out and so babble BS and hope no one notices the bubbles.
What Type Of A Scottish Idiot Do We Have Here. The Scots, Welsh, And Others Are Not English. It Is Only The People Of English Origin, That Are English. You Are A Nut.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108830 Feb 7, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is solely English, the Scots? The Welsh? The Northern Irish? How about those people from the Channel Islands of Jersey Guernsey, Or Sark, o the IOM.
Are they solely English, Does the IOW count here too How about Orkney, Shetland, Lewis, Skye, Arran Mull etc
How about the English speaking Americans, Canadians, Australians, Indians, Thos English speaking Caribbean Islands. Are they solely English too?
Honey you rally have no idea what you are talking about, you have got yourself the mire in so deep you can not see a way so swim out and so babble BS and hope no one notices the bubbles.
And Again, Scot, The People Of England And The English In Diaspora, Are Known Solely As The English. Go Home And Cry.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108831 Feb 7, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman empire, northern European countries and Normans were the cultural founders of England and the English language as we know it today.
From those early roots the language developed and evolved in England, Wales, Scotland, to some extent Ireland etc. With some influence coming the other way from various colonies throughout the British Empire.
Typical godbot, not understanding the difference between origination and development.
I bet you confuse abiogenesis with evolution too. Oh yes, I remember way back when, before you ever considered the diversion, you do confuse the two, Now this explains such a lot
As Long As The People Of Rome( Romans Or Italians), And Others Must Learn English Before They Can Understand It, It Did Not Originated There But In England.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108832 Feb 7, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, so did Charles evolve from English speaking apes or South African Swahili apes?
Or was he just a freak accident that happened on Noah's pier ?
May Be You Did, Freak. But I Am Created By God.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108833 Feb 7, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't possible when only Chuck's around. Even if Bohart comes back all he'll do is blather about abiogenesis and be just as wrong as Chuck is about English.(shrug)
Your Ally, By Name, Christine, Said, English As A Nation In Britain, Does Not Exist. Is That True?

Level 2

Location hidden

#108834 Feb 7, 2014
Six_Of_One wrote:
<quoted text>
Relevance to evolution vs creation ?
Yes, English Is The Most Spoken Language In International Trade, Law, Etc, And It Is Also A Medium Of Communication. Ok?

Level 2

Location hidden

#108835 Feb 7, 2014
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Chuck is nuts. The more wrong he is the more he keeps on about it.
Try to ignore him.
Nut, English Did Not Originated In Germany But In England. If It Started In Germany, The Germans Would Not Need Any Form Of Learning On that.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108836 Feb 7, 2014
ChristineM Is Really A Nut, How Can She Ignore The Largest Ethnic Group In Britain And The UK,"England or the English", That Is Ridiculous And Malicious. Any Way, She Is Not Talking To A Fool.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108837 Feb 7, 2014
As Long As The Nation Called England Exist, And Its Inhabitants Are Called The English Solely, ChristineM, the Scots, Is A Liar. Other Ethnic Groups In Britain Were Once Under The English Or The People Of England.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108838 Feb 7, 2014
England Was The First Nation That Started Speaking The Language We Call English Today, Other Nations That Contributed, Had Their Own Language, And They Need To Learn That Same English Before They Can Speak Or Understand It. But In England, It Is A Language Known By All. So By That, It Did Not Started Really Elsewhere, But In England.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108840 Feb 7, 2014
At Least I Have Done My Best In Explaining To Some Malicious Idiots Here, And As Long As England Exist, And Its People Are Solely English, I Have The Evidence. Lol I Am Waiting For Any Challenge. Welsh Are Not English, Scottish Are Not, The Same With Manx, And Others.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108841 Feb 7, 2014
And Finally, If England And Its People Are Solely Called The English, Excluding Other British Nationals( Scottish, Welsh), And Other Nationals Globally, English Did Not Originated Elsewhere, But In England. This Is A Fact.

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#108842 Feb 7, 2014
Extreme Ways wrote:
<quoted text>
The world consumes 87.421 million barrels of oil each day. That would be 31,908,665,000 barrels per year. For less say at least the last 50 years so that would be 1,595,433,250,000 barrels and that is a low estimate for the last 100 years. If you think oil is just a byproduct of land fossils and from layers of dead organisms lying on the sea floor for millions of years, you are an idiot! Science anymore is not really sure where oil originates from for the main reason of a seamless never ending supply.
One theory is that it is an inorganic product originating deep in the earth, between the mantle and the crust. Miles below the earth’s surface, it is theorized, the interaction of a now mobile, inorganic methane and high temperature pockets takes place and results in the condensing of crude oil. An intriguing aspect of this theory is that oil is constantly being generated in numerous places around the world, and at rates that can continue to sustain our current way of life. So now, according to some, oil is not a limited resource after all.
Oh, so close, but the correct answer was Airplane. That was a quote from the movie Airplane ,but thanks for playing,

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#108843 Feb 7, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> May Be You Did, Freak. But I Am Created By God.
Is he issuing manufacturer recalls?

“"Eatin' Ain't Cheatin!"”

Level 1

Since: Sep 06

Thompson's Station, Tn

#108844 Feb 7, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Porque sao Norte Americano, nascido em Connecticut!
Nao... O Buckeye do Ohio EUA. As vezes Itu, Camprinas, Alphaville...entao ao lado Porto, Portugal! Esta muito estranho a pessoas a falar comigo com esta lingua! Bom Dia JM!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr It aint necessari... 18,530
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Into The Night 43,197
Questions about first life 4 hr FallenGeologist 1
can anyone explain to me why humans are the onl... (Mar '08) 5 hr It aint necessari... 914
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 15 hr Chimney1 151,481
Sun could not have formed as thought 23 hr U think Im wrong 19
Current Education And Its Huge Flaws Aug 22 Bren 1
More from around the web