Evolution vs. Creation

There are 162175 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#108565 Jan 31, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Off topic, and @Discord,
I see you're from St. James, Long Island (according to your Location). I used to sail into Stony Brook on my Hobie-cat all the time (when I was a kid - I'm from Mystic, across the sound). Beautiful town, miss those days dearly. Small world!

I had a Sea Snark growing Up,....
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#108566 Jan 31, 2014
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> English is a language that was first spoken in England. By that they are English. Ok?
Klingons own English!

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#108567 Jan 31, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Klingons own English!
One of these days I have to get around to reading Klingon Hamlet

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#108568 Jan 31, 2014
BOYS...Stick to the Script!!

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#108569 Jan 31, 2014
Colorado Chick wrote:
We're winging it this time.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#108570 Jan 31, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>We're winging it this time.
Did you run everyone off?

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#108571 Jan 31, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
It's rush hour, what did you expect?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#108572 Jan 31, 2014
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>It's rush hour, what did you expect?
Well, hope things are going good for you and yours?

St. James, NY

#108573 Feb 1, 2014
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
In case you missed it I did reply to your questions in the last page.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#108574 Feb 1, 2014
Big Time wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a Sea Snark growing Up,....
Lol - those were cute

Sao Paulo

#108575 Feb 1, 2014
Colorado Chick wrote:
Script or scripture?

Sao Paulo

#108576 Feb 1, 2014
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Klingons own English!
And the Chinese own Engrish

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#108578 Feb 1, 2014
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol - those were cute

My Size has evolved since Then,...Cute I ought to Punch in the nose,...

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#108579 Feb 1, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>dude, are you, like, dying?
No woodtick I am not dying. I am healthy as they come as far as I know. Too many people I know and care about have died and are suffering or someone in their family is suffering and/or dying.. So I say again;
BS!!! I have learned from experience in the last 4 years, especially in the last 6-8 months that if there is a god he doesn't care. Waiting on god to help is nothing but a dead end and you will die before it happens. I have seen so many people suffer and prayed my @ss off to no avail. I would rather burn in hell when I am dead than watch people suffer when I am alive. There is no point to the suffering if your almighty god you claim can step in and change it. I see no point in the craziness of praying to someone that does not answer. Either he is there and does not listen or he just doesn't give a f#cking rats @ss!!! Sub, Chimney, Aura Mytha, ChromiuMan, Poly, Dogen, UC, and even the crazy little Dude,,, it has been fun and I have learnt a little from you all. Danfromsmithville I believe I learnt the best lesson from you in that don't let the little shyt on the internet get to you so bad which I did at first but later learned to let it go. Wishing all the best because praying sure does not get any damn results.

St. James, NY

#108580 Feb 1, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
No woodtick I am not dying. I am healthy as they come as far as I know. Too many people I know and care about have died and are suffering or someone in their family is suffering and/or dying.. So I say again;
BS!!! I have learned from experience in the last 4 years, especially in the last 6-8 months that if there is a god he doesn't care. Waiting on god to help is nothing but a dead end and you will die before it happens. I have seen so many people suffer and prayed my @ss off to no avail. I would rather burn in hell when I am dead than watch people suffer when I am alive. There is no point to the suffering if your almighty god you claim can step in and change it. I see no point in the craziness of praying to someone that does not answer. Either he is there and does not listen or he just doesn't give a f#cking rats @ss!!! Sub, Chimney, Aura Mytha, ChromiuMan, Poly, Dogen, UC, and even the crazy little Dude,,, it has been fun and I have learnt a little from you all. Danfromsmithville I believe I learnt the best lesson from you in that don't let the little shyt on the internet get to you so bad which I did at first but later learned to let it go. Wishing all the best because praying sure does not get any damn results.
I'll miss you most of all, Scarecrow.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#108581 Feb 1, 2014
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
BS!!! I have learned from experience in the last 4 years, especially in the last 6-8 months that if there is a god he doesn't care. Waiting on god to help is nothing but a dead end and you will die before it happens. I have seen so many people suffer and prayed my @ss off to no avail. I would rather burn in hell when I am dead than watch people suffer when I am alive. There is no point to the suffering if your almighty god you claim can step in and change it. I see no point in the craziness of praying to someone that does not answer. Either he is there and does not listen or he just doesn't give a f#cking rats @ss!!! Sub, Chimney, Poly, Dogen, UC, and even the crazy little Dude,,, it has been fun and I have learnt a little from you all. Danfromsmithville I believe I learnt the most from you in that don't let the little shyt on the internet get to you so bad which I did at first but later learned to let it go. Wishing all the best because praying sure does not get any damn results.
"It is interesting to contemplate a tangled bank, clothed with many plants of many kinds, with birds singing on the bushes, with various insects flitting about, and with worms crawling through the damp earth, and to reflect that these elaborately constructed forms, so different from each other, and dependent upon each other in so complex a manner, have all been produced by laws acting around us.....Thus, from the war of nature, from famine and death, the most exalted object which we are capable of conceiving, namely, the production of the higher animals, directly follows. There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone circling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved."

Charles Darwin
Origin of the Species, first edition 1859

Its not sweet, but it is grand. No false promises of fairness or escape from suffering. That you have to achieve, and practice, on your own and with those you care about.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#108582 Feb 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You would not undertone culture if it sat on your face and farted.
Culturally England is multicultural, you really have absolutely no idea do you?
I have been observing your ignorance, is British a language? atleast every one knows that English is a language, and that language originated in England, that is why they are solely English.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108583 Feb 3, 2014
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope not OK
It really does not matter how hard you stomp your foot
Parts of the English language were first spoken in England
Other parts of it were first spoken in various parts of Europe
Some of the older words were fist spoken in the middle east
And some of the newer words were first spoken in India, China etc.
And of course the country of England is still a multicultural society and has been for at least 2500 years, probably far, far more stretching back to before the last ice age.
The real problem here I that you do not know how to phrase you insults so they are not insults. What you need to do is earn an extra couple of years of education and then, with luck and hard work you can write exactly what you mean to write.
That is why you are an idiot. All languages had got that development, English is not an exception. And if you don't know, all those places in mainland Europe must learn English before they can understand unlike England.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108584 Feb 3, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
At 65, I doubt I have much growing left to do, Chuckles the Idiot.
Age is just number(s), idiot.

Level 2

Location hidden

#108585 Feb 3, 2014
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
At 65, I doubt I have much growing left to do, Chuckles the Idiot.
Age is just number(s).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 2 hr DanFromSmithville 1,732
No Place For ID? 7 hr Dogen 116
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 7 hr thetruth 18,906
proof of gods existence .....or lack there of 10 hr Kong_ 20
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 11 hr Dogen 141,291
Why Are There No Transitional Animals Today? (Mar '09) 11 hr emrenil 897
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) May 3 Paul Porter1 13,692
More from around the web