Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#107718 Dec 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Poor Mike. The people of Germany are Germans while England is English.
"HwŠt! We Gardena in geardagum,
■eodcyninga,■rym gefrunon,
hu ­a Š■elingas ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing scea■ena ■reatum ..."

That's English.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#107719 Dec 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Wake up!
As soon as you can tell me what the ownership of English has to do with the topic of this forum: evolution vs creation.

Clearly you are out of arguments. Everyrhing you thought you had went down in flames.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#107720 Dec 19, 2013
Bad Science Alert!

Once again, the main stream media latches onto a new analysis of Neanderthal genetic mapping to run amok on the idea that Neanderthals were a bunch of evil inbreds.

http://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-...

Why can't they focus on the important findings about the real blending between Sapiens, Neanderthals, Denisovans and another yet undefined branch of the evolutionary tree which may have been Homo Erectus?...All of which clearly shows that modern humans were casually cross-breeding with their closely related evolutionary groups just as much as they were with their own families.

Tribal life was limited in one's breeding choices. You only have to check the DNA of the pharaohs to see that inbreeding is as common in Homo Sapiens as it was in any other branch of the human family tree.

The message here is about possessions and entitlement. It's prudent to never get your science from a business publication! Don't let those who can't cope with the real purpose of such abstractions pervert the insights gained through science.

This has been a public service announcement for the betterment of forum discussion away from dingaling theories on the "ownership" of language, government entitlements and/or academic authority.

Thank you for your time!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#107721 Dec 19, 2013
anonymous wrote:
Bad Science Alert!
Once again, the main stream media latches onto a new analysis of Neanderthal genetic mapping to run amok on the idea that Neanderthals were a bunch of evil inbreds.
http://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-...
Why can't they focus on the important findings about the real blending between Sapiens, Neanderthals, Denisovans and another yet undefined branch of the evolutionary tree which may have been Homo Erectus?...All of which clearly shows that modern humans were casually cross-breeding with their closely related evolutionary groups just as much as they were with their own families.
Tribal life was limited in one's breeding choices. You only have to check the DNA of the pharaohs to see that inbreeding is as common in Homo Sapiens as it was in any other branch of the human family tree.
The message here is about possessions and entitlement. It's prudent to never get your science from a business publication! Don't let those who can't cope with the real purpose of such abstractions pervert the insights gained through science.
This has been a public service announcement for the betterment of forum discussion away from dingaling theories on the "ownership" of language, government entitlements and/or academic authority.
Thank you for your time!
Xanadu owns English!

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#107723 Dec 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And yet you can beat that fact.
I have provided facts, lots of facts, and you ignore them

So true fact can never win against your ignorance.
MAD

Springfield, TN

#107724 Dec 20, 2013
Sadly in all the ancient text it is written how we came to be. But like most foolish people we have been lead astray and made to think that when paper was not available we had writers all around the world solely writing fiction. These people wrote what they saw. What they experienced and what they thought was of importance. The link for even the most naive is obvious. Writings from 3-5 thousand years ago are consistent all around the world. How was this possible? No internet or radio or TV. But yet many stories and architecture very much alike even in dimensions. Coincidence? I think not.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#107725 Dec 20, 2013
MAD wrote:
Sadly in all the ancient text it is written how we came to be. But like most foolish people we have been lead astray and made to think that when paper was not available we had writers all around the world solely writing fiction. These people wrote what they saw. What they experienced and what they thought was of importance. The link for even the most naive is obvious. Writings from 3-5 thousand years ago are consistent all around the world. How was this possible? No internet or radio or TV. But yet many stories and architecture very much alike even in dimensions. Coincidence? I think not.
Foolish people led astray by what? Creationist sites and Ancient Aliens reruns?
Ancient writings from around the world were not "consistent" and architecture from around the world was not uniform.
Next.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#107726 Dec 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Foolish people led astray by what? Creationist sites and Ancient Aliens reruns?
Ancient writings from around the world were not "consistent" and architecture from around the world was not uniform.
Next.
"We're going in!
Hit the silk!
Hit the silk!"

*Helpless laughter*

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#107729 Dec 20, 2013
davy wrote:
the god Atum was believed to have created the universe by masturbating to ejaculation, and the ebb and flow of the Nile was attributed to the frequency of his ejaculations. Egyptian Pharaohs, in response to this, were at one time required to masturbate ceremonially into the Nile.
Read more: http://seriousfacts.com/ancient-egyptians-bel...
<quoted text>
You should take your perverted mind and antics to some other forum or maybe try a 1-800 number. I would suggest 1-800-dumb@ss for you.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#107731 Dec 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You should take your perverted mind and antics to some other forum or maybe try a 1-800 number. I would suggest 1-800-dumb@ss for you.
I see that you >completely< missed the point once you saw the words masturbate and ejaculate.
I'm underwhelmed by your intellectual prowess.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#107732 Dec 21, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>I see that you >completely< missed the point once you saw the words masturbate and ejaculate.
I'm underwhelmed by your intellectual prowess.
His intellectual prowess is as vast as the day **TODAY** is long. ;-)

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#107733 Dec 21, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
His intellectual prowess is as vast as the day **TODAY** is long. ;-)
Oh, right.. I almost missed it.. thanx.

Happy Yule! A bit warm for it but I'll have to burn a log in the fireplace tonight. Honoring Odin, the Disir and the ancestors and all that... Good for the soul.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#107735 Dec 22, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why when you get an answer that you canĺt cope with do you always extend the question?
You really would think that the way you question some things that you would question your god book and belief in magic a little but more.
wWho created your very first ancestors?

Level 2

Location hidden

#107736 Dec 22, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why when you get an answer that you canĺt cope with do you always extend the question?
You really would think that the way you question some things that you would question your god book and belief in magic a little but more.
In everything there must be a first, who then created that first man and woman?

Level 2

Location hidden

#107737 Dec 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
But in order to pass on ownership after death it's put in a will. Since "England has ownership" there should be MILLIONS of these to be found.
All you need to do is present one.
English originated in England, that is why the people are called the English, no people other than the people of England are called that.

Level 2

Location hidden

#107738 Dec 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>"HwŠt! We Gardena in geardagum,
■eodcyninga,■rym gefrunon,
hu ­a Š■elingas ellen fremedon.
Oft Scyld Scefing scea■ena ■reatum ..."
That's English.
The same with all world languages. Henceforth, start using that.

Level 2

Location hidden

#107739 Dec 22, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
As soon as you can tell me what the ownership of English has to do with the topic of this forum: evolution vs creation.
Clearly you are out of arguments. Everyrhing you thought you had went down in flames.
Accept the truth and move on.

Level 1

Since: Aug 13

Assebroek, Belgium

#107740 Dec 22, 2013
How anyone can take creationism serious is beyond my imagination.
If people really believe that humans and dinosaurs co-existed, they might have to see a shrink , seriously.
in the words of lewis black : "these people watch the flintstones, as if it were a documentary" hahaha
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#107741 Dec 22, 2013
veroma wrote:
How anyone can take creationism serious is beyond my imagination.
If people really believe that humans and dinosaurs co-existed, they might have to see a shrink , seriously.
in the words of lewis black : "these people watch the flintstones, as if it were a documentary" hahaha
We certainly do co-exist to this day with dinosaurs. Birds are dinosaurs. Granted, they are one branch of the theropoda clade but it is what it is.
anonymous

Absecon, NJ

#107742 Dec 22, 2013
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Causally cross breeding... Lol...
"Hey Hug you see ass on that hairy ape?... Me get some when nag shut eyes tonight"...
High comedy !!!!
I'd say that the differences between Neanderthals and Sapiens were small enough that they weren't too fussy. The reality is that you'll need to go back to early examples of Sapien to find the cross breeding, as you'd likely have to do to observe cross-breeding between Denisovans and Homo Erectus. It's not like they were carrying around membership cards or using a secret hand shake to know who was who.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 2 hr Charles Idemi 644
How would creationists explain... 11 hr TurkanaBoy 393
Science News (Sep '13) 12 hr positronium 2,944
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Dec 22 Chimney1 13,624
Creationism coming to Ohio classrooms? Not with... Dec 20 nobody 7
24 hour dental emergency (Nov '13) Dec 19 Zach 4
Genetic entropy Dec 18 Discord 159
More from around the web