Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221438 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#103293 Oct 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I already told you...
Looks like we are driving the poor little feller over another edge. He is in full MELTDOWN mode.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#103294 Oct 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
A belief in many gods seemed to be the order of the day back then.
In the earlier days of the Hebrews they believed that god had a wife named Asherah. Later when things were rewritten they got rid of her and made god a bachelor. Look up Asherah poles and figures.
The Ugaritic mother-goddess, consort of El is Hebrew?

tahee-hee-hee

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#103295 Oct 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are now officially delusional, and very tiresome. i am done with you for now...begone.
I posted you the comments. They are your words. Too bad you are a fool and got caught.
Anita

Bethlehem, PA

#103296 Oct 25, 2013
drinK thE Hive wrote:
Nothing Is True These Day'...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7q86cq2lG1...
Ooo spooky. I hope this doesn't cast a bad spell for watchhing this.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#103297 Oct 25, 2013
Man I hate to hear about somebody posting something completely stupid on here and getting caught.

Well, I will be checking in on threads some people never go to.

Hardee Hardee Har.!

“Get it right”

Level 1

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#103298 Oct 25, 2013
Evolution is about change in species over time, not about creation.

Why would one assume that either contradicts the other?

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#103299 Oct 25, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> you are now officially delusional, and very tiresome. i am done with you for now...begone.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text> I have never killed anyone in Gods name. Have you or anyone you know?

Your response was;

[QUOTE who="woodtick57"] <quoted text>no, but so many have. why wouldn't a god that interferes with human choice, as SBT suggested he does, why wouldn't that be on the top of his list?
all academic as the god he is talking about has been proven false.,
Here is the link to that. http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text> God gave us choice called free will. If God interfered with human choices, He would be a controller, a dictator which He is not.


Your response was;
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> still can't get your logic on track, huh?
SBT clearly suggested that jesus did interfere with humans choices, did he not?
here is the link to that. http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>I am not debating with SBT. I am talking to you.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and i was responding to his idiotic post...
and here is the link to that. http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

You were saying what now? LMAO

you are having some difficulty tonight, huh?

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#103300 Oct 25, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
Man I hate to hear about somebody posting something completely stupid on here and getting caught.
Well, I will be checking in on threads some people never go to.
Hardee Hardee Har.!
That is one thing about my military training I love. They teach us how to get into some one’s head so bad that they think about us all the time. They think about what we have said. They talk about us even when we are not around. They talk about us when we are not around. They talk about us to others still wondering what the hell. They think about us when the littlest thing reminds them of us (this forum for example). They constantly try to make us look bad to satisfy their own mind of why we live in their mind. They think about us so much that they even try to converse with us looking for closure and when we ignore them they think about us even more. That is you and me DipShytDan. Keep on proving me wrong with your rants. It is here for all to see. LMFAO

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#103301 Oct 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ugaritic mother-goddess, consort of El is Hebrew?
tahee-hee-hee
You really don't seem to be able to research very well...do you??

"The asherim were also cult objects related to the worship of the fertility goddess Asherah, the consort of either Ba'al or, as inscriptions from Kuntillet ‘Ajrud and Khirbet el-Qom attest, Yahweh,[3] and thus objects of contention among competing cults.

Though there was certainly a movement against goddess-worship at the Jerusalem Temple in the time of king Josiah, it did not long survive his reign, as the following four kings "did what was evil in the eyes of Yahweh" (2 Kings 23:32, 37; 24:9, 19). Further exhortations came from Jeremiah. The traditional interpretation of the Biblical text is that the Israelites imported pagan elements such as the Asherah poles from the surrounding Canaanites; the modern scholarly interpretations suggests instead that the Israelite folk religion was always polytheistic, and it was the prophets and priests who denounced the Asherah poles who were the innovators.

For example, King Manasseh placed an Asherah pole in the Holy Temple (2 Kings 21:7). King Josiah'sreforms in the late 7th century BC included the destruction of many Asherah poles (2 Kings 23).

Exodus 34:13 states: "Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asherah_pole

*****

- Amulets, figurines, inscriptions and ancient texts, including the Bible, reveal Asherah's once prominent standing.

God had a wife, Asherah, whom the Book of Kings suggests was worshiped alongside Yahweh in his temple in Israel, according to an Oxford scholar.

In 1967, Raphael Patai was the first historian to mention that the ancient Israelites worshiped both Yahweh and Asherah. The theory has gained new prominence due to the research of Francesca Stavrakopoulou, who began her work at Oxford and is now a senior lecturer in the department of Theology and Religion at the University of Exeter.
http://news.discovery.com/history/religion/go...

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#103302 Oct 25, 2013
In reference to my post above DipShytDan. Everyone here can see that but they are too chicken to speak up for they would lose an ally in there evolution fight. Which I think is sad for that shows they want idiots on their side. LMMFAO

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#103303 Oct 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I must live in your head and haunt your dreams. You can't go a day without talking about me. You even speak of me on threads I don't go to. It must suck that I have so much control over you mentally. LMFAO
Man it is weird to have someone so obsessed with you that they follow you from forum to forum and even read your stuff on threads they don't even go to.

Hilarious. I like how you are about to piss yourself trying to transfer your obsession onto me.

Hilarioius. Freakin' hilarious.

You screw the pooch and keep right on hammering away at it.

So, how do you know what I post on threads you never go to? Hardee Hardee Har!
There is no god

Kirksville, MO

#103304 Oct 25, 2013
It's unbelievable that this thread was even created. Evolution was proven before anyone alive today was born. Creationism isn't science and no child anywhere on earth should be brainwashed to believe such bullshit. If you've been indoctrinated into an evolution denying religious cult then then seek help.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#103305 Oct 25, 2013
replaytime wrote:
In reference to my post above DipShytDan. Everyone here can see that but they are too chicken to speak up for they would lose an ally in there evolution fight. Which I think is sad for that shows they want idiots on their side. LMMFAO
They can. Oh my. What ever will I do.

Yes, these people that speak their own mind clearly are intimidated by you just like I am. They are clearly worried that you are reading their posts on threads you never go to or maybe worried that you will start following them around like a puppy.

Dance puppet-boy, dance.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#103306 Oct 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You really don't seem to be able to research very well...do you??
"The asherim were also cult objects related to the worship of the fertility goddess Asherah, the consort of either Ba'al or, as inscriptions from Kuntillet ‘Ajrud and Khirbet el-Qom attest, Yahweh,[3] and thus objects of contention among competing cults.
Though there was certainly a movement against goddess-worship at the Jerusalem Temple in the time of king Josiah, it did not long survive his reign, as the following four kings "did what was evil in the eyes of Yahweh" (2 Kings 23:32, 37; 24:9, 19). Further exhortations came from Jeremiah. The traditional interpretation of the Biblical text is that the Israelites imported pagan elements such as the Asherah poles from the surrounding Canaanites; the modern scholarly interpretations suggests instead that the Israelite folk religion was always polytheistic, and it was the prophets and priests who denounced the Asherah poles who were the innovators.
For example, King Manasseh placed an Asherah pole in the Holy Temple (2 Kings 21:7). King Josiah'sreforms in the late 7th century BC included the destruction of many Asherah poles (2 Kings 23).
Exodus 34:13 states: "Break down their altars, smash their sacred stones and cut down their Asherah poles."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asherah_pole
*****
- Amulets, figurines, inscriptions and ancient texts, including the Bible, reveal Asherah's once prominent standing.
God had a wife, Asherah, whom the Book of Kings suggests was worshiped alongside Yahweh in his temple in Israel, according to an Oxford scholar.
In 1967, Raphael Patai was the first historian to mention that the ancient Israelites worshiped both Yahweh and Asherah. The theory has gained new prominence due to the research of Francesca Stavrakopoulou, who began her work at Oxford and is now a senior lecturer in the department of Theology and Religion at the University of Exeter.
http://news.discovery.com/history/religion/go...
Uh-huh....

Well. There it is. Wiki and discovery news says so.

It MUST be true!

O__O

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#103308 Oct 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh....
Well. There it is. Wiki and discovery news says so.
It MUST be true!
O__O
Just a small part of thousands.

No hope for you my friend....sorry to bother you.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#103309 Oct 25, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
A belief in many gods seemed to be the order of the day back then.
In the earlier days of the Hebrews they believed that god had a wife named Asherah. Later when things were rewritten they got rid of her and made god a bachelor. Look up Asherah poles and figures.
Gods were invented to explain the inexplicable.
Some men still need one to explain something, some men don't.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#103310 Oct 25, 2013
Here is what I believe to be a miracle. You can call it lucky or say it just happens but odds were strongly against him not being hurt or even living. Car hit on one side by 18 wheeler then hit on the other side by ???. Car is not even half it's normal size and guy walks away.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#103311 Oct 25, 2013
Very cool video and awesome music. Love me some good old Clint Eastwood western music.

Big Bang & Birth of the Earth



For real this is a cool video of the BBT.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#103312 Oct 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh....
Well. There it is. Wiki and discovery news says so.
It MUST be true!
O__O
Wiki is actually a very reliable source. Independent tests have shown it to be as accurate as the Encyclopedia Britannica. Also, if you actually read the articles you will always find references that you can check for yourself to see if the article is correct or not.

Unlike the sources that you list. At best they only refer to other creatard sources and never to any peer reviewed science.

Peer review is the Gold Standard for science. And I am talking real peer review, not the fake "peer review" that certain creatard sites are trying to claim. It is an open process where new ideas are checked out by experts in the field. If they find an error they not only point out the error, but also why it is an error. If this was a biased process it would be very easy to show. But no creation "scientists" have been able to demonstrate any bias in peer review, even though they cannot get an article published to save their life.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#103313 Oct 25, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiki is actually a very reliable source. Independent tests have shown it to be as accurate as the Encyclopedia Britannica. Also, if you actually read the articles you will always find references that you can check for yourself to see if the article is correct or not.
Unlike the sources that you list. At best they only refer to other creatard sources and never to any peer reviewed science.
Peer review is the Gold Standard for science. And I am talking real peer review, not the fake "peer review" that certain creatard sites are trying to claim. It is an open process where new ideas are checked out by experts in the field. If they find an error they not only point out the error, but also why it is an error. If this was a biased process it would be very easy to show. But no creation "scientists" have been able to demonstrate any bias in peer review, even though they cannot get an article published to save their life.
Hey Sub check out the vid in my last post. I think you will like it. And the music is good as well. A remake of a a tune from The god, The bad and The ugly, Clint Eastwood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Defending the Faith: Intelligent design vs. 'Go... 1 hr Stop Statism 1,932
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Dogen 69,653
I came from a rib not a creek. 5 hr Subduction Zone 54
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 hr Subduction Zone 30,032
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 11 hr Dogen 3,765
Mathematicians PROVED evolution IMPOSSIBLE! 11 hr Dogen 130
Is Creationism and Intelligent Design debunked ... 11 hr Subduction Zone 83
More from around the web