Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#102120 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
We pretty much know there is no life on the Moon and Mars. It is all but guaranteed there is no life on the Sun, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune for the are gas planets that are either too hot or toxic according to science. That is why mars is such a draw to science, it is a solid planet. That doesn't leave much for the planets we know of huh?
You guys are stuck on 'life as we know it'.

There could be life 'as we don't know it' anywhere.

I don't believe there is, but I wouldn't preclude the possibility.

The athitards that don't believe in God still believe in ghosts, aliens, karma and bad luck.
Imagine that.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#102121 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets put this simply. For you to see it, click reply, then type your reply was more than 3 seconds. You lie and lie. You are nothing but an exaggerated liar. End of story.
three seconds of thought time...

why is it you still haven't come up with a better answer in over two weeks again?

why did you have to lie about my answer in the first place?

what a tool...not emotionally or intellectually up for this level of discourse...just a child with an expensive toy he cannot use properly... a child who has been spanked repeatedly and still doesn't learn...

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102122 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:

The fact is that it is not a minor detail and your resistance to using the correct terminology is evidence that I am correct. You know that there is undeniable scientific evidence for evolution and there there is no scientific evidence for your beliefs. Your use of improper language is one of the straws that you are grasping at.
Ya, right.

Your use of 'creatard' isn't correct terminology, either.

I ignore it because I'm not a pedant like you. I know what you mean.

You know what a person means when they say 'prove it'. Because you can't prove it, you stick to your pedantry.
Now before I give you any evidence you have to show that you can learn. If you are going to be a complete idiot the evidence will not do you any good at all. So you have to work for the evidence. I am not going to give it away for free.
Lol

There is no evidence of the common ancestor to all life on earth.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102123 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Now who is being pedantic?
I can show how and why I have not been pedantic. Can you do the same?
That wasn't pedantic. He was confused. I said common ancestor and he assumed I meant humans common ancestor.

Derp

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102124 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime, here is only a partial list of planets found in the Goldilocks Zone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_habitabl...

You will note that most are rather large gas giants. That is because small rocky planets like Earth are very hard to spot. There are probably over a billion planets in the Goldilocks zone in our galaxy alone.

We know of only one planet in the Goldilocks zone that is close enough so that we could see if it has life. Guess what, it does! That is one hundred percent. Now we may never get close enough to the other planets in the Goldilocks Zone to see if they have life or not, but since chemistry is chemistry the odds seem extremely high that life exists out there somewhere.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102125 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:

We know of many many more planets than that, don't we?
And none of those planets have evidence of life.

But you believe there is life.

Imagine that.

You have your own beliefs, why do you knock ours?

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#102126 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Thank you.
You just inadvertently helped me demonstrate 10 things about evolution that's based on guesswork and/or bias.
:)
That doesn't even make sense. You apparently lack any cognitive skills.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102127 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The athitards that don't believe in God still believe in ghosts, aliens, karma and bad luck.
Imagine that.
There are some atheists that believe in ghosts, karma etc. There is no evidence for them so you may be rightly using the word "ahtitards" for once. There is evidence for "aliens". Not aliens form other planets coming to Earth. But since chemistry is chemistry the odds are on the order of 1 that there is life elsewhere in the universe.

“The Grim Reaper Is Fictional ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

But We Will All Meet Him

#102128 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that.
I agree but to say we have evidence that there is, is plainly over stating it.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#102129 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is pedantic.
A pedant is a a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning.
You're stuck on 'evidence vs proof'.
So where is this supposed evidence of the elusive common ancestor?
The universality of DNA and RNA. The nested hierarchy of living organisms. The divergence of the fossil record going forward and the convergence seen going backward. The conserved nature and existence in diverse lineages of homeotic genes. A molecular clock that provides a timeline for evolution. Homology of structures, proteins, and genes among a varied set of organism found over the whole planet. Geological evidence showing the action of deep time in layer upon layer of rock strata. Physics putting a date on the geological evidence with radiometric dating. The existence of fossils in rocks at one age preceded by no evidence of life in older strata seen by geology and paleontology. When the evidence supporting evolution is said to be large, it is not hyperbole.

You don't have to see a killing or the sun to conclude either when you have all the evidence telling you it is there.

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#102130 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>three seconds of thought time...
why is it you still haven't come up with a better answer in over two weeks again?
why did you have to lie about my answer in the first place?
what a tool...not emotionally or intellectually up for this level of discourse...just a child with an expensive toy he cannot use properly... a child who has been spanked repeatedly and still doesn't learn...
You have been kicked around like a soccer ball by claiming your "facts" which are not facts. You have no clue how a bicycle really works(but you do know how to ride one) but if you do science could use your input.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102131 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, right.
Your use of 'creatard' isn't correct terminology, either.
I ignore it because I'm not a pedant like you. I know what you mean.
You know what a person means when they say 'prove it'. Because you can't prove it, you stick to your pedantry.
<quoted text>
Lol
There is no evidence of the common ancestor to all life on earth.
Sure it is. A "ceratard" is a creationist that ignores science. Almost all of them do. Now as far as evolution goes, if mean "prove it" in the same sense as proving someone guilty we have no problem doing that. The problem with the word "prove" is that scientists are honest and know that all theories and laws are conditional.

You are a creatard because you cannot support your views with any science at all. In fact all science out there says that you are wrong. To support yourself you have to go to lying websites that use arguments, some of them that have been debunked over 100 years ago.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102132 Oct 20, 2013
I am feeling generous so here is an article that lists over 29 separate indications of common descent:

http://tinyurl.com/4bl3d

St. Croix valley

#102133 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that.
how could an atheist believe in ghosts? i know of none that do. or karma or any of that bullshit ...

perhaps you are thinking of the people who say they are spiritual, but not religious...?but then what the heck am i even asking you for, you are too stupid to even know what you are typing...
one of the most ignorant posters to come across these pages yet...and that is saying a lot!

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102134 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You have been kicked around like a soccer ball by claiming your "facts" which are not facts. You have no clue how a bicycle really works(but you do know how to ride one) but if you do science could use your input.
Nor do you. Your list missed the most important description of how a bicycle works.

St. Croix valley

#102135 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
why is it you still haven't given a better answer than mine as to how a bicycle works?

spankity spank, spank...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102136 Oct 20, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>The universality of DNA and RNA. The nested hierarchy of living organisms. The divergence of the fossil record going forward and the convergence seen going backward. The conserved nature and existence in diverse lineages of homeotic genes. A molecular clock that provides a timeline for evolution. Homology of structures, proteins, and genes among a varied set of organism found over the whole planet. Geological evidence showing the action of deep time in layer upon layer of rock strata. Physics putting a date on the geological evidence with radiometric dating. The existence of fossils in rocks at one age preceded by no evidence of life in older strata seen by geology and paleontology. When the evidence supporting evolution is said to be large, it is not hyperbole.
You don't have to see a killing or the sun to conclude either when you have all the evidence telling you it is there.
I was not going to give him any evidence until he worked for it a bit. I eased up and did link an article that he will not be able to debunk that gave multiple pieces of evidence of common descent.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102137 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
replaytime, here is only a partial list of planets found in the Goldilocks Zone:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_habitabl...
You will note that most are rather large gas giants. That is because small rocky planets like Earth are very hard to spot. There are probably over a billion planets in the Goldilocks zone in our galaxy alone.
We know of only one planet in the Goldilocks zone that is close enough so that we could see if it has life. Guess what, it does! That is one hundred percent. Now we may never get close enough to the other planets in the Goldilocks Zone to see if they have life or not, but since chemistry is chemistry the odds seem extremely high that life exists out there somewhere.
You're talking about Gliese, "Planet G" from the movie Battleship ) awesome movie ).

You say it had life. You say that's a 100% certainty.

This wiki disagrees with you.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581_g

"Gliese 581 is an unconfirmed extrasolar planet claimed to orbit the red dwarf star Gliese 581."

"However, the ESO/HARPS survey team was not able to confirm that the planet exists."

"it could sustain liquid water on its surface and could potentially host life similar to that on Earth."

---

Huh....

It's existence isn't even confirmed but you say it's a 100% certainty that it has life...

O__O

St. Croix valley

#102138 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that.
again, we know there is life in the universe, we are now looking for more.

why is it you cannot come up witha better answer to how a bike works than mine? how long have you had now?

Level 5

But We Will All Meet Him

#102139 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine that.
Exactly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 59 min Chimney1 139,431
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 2 hr Dogen 175,462
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 3 hr Dogen 77
More Theories to Disprove Creation 5 hr The Dude 64
Ten Reason Why Evolution Is a Lie (Jul '09) 10 hr ChristineM 1,901
Atheism - A Non Prophet Organisation (Mar '11) Tue The Dude 996
god is not real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jun '06) Mon tbrim21 13,575

Evolution Debate People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE