Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 216739 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101915 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
If he does read it he will say it is a creationist site therefore it holds no "water" no pun intended.
Lol. Yup.

Then he'll post to wiki and say it's fact.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101916 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
If he does read it he will say it is a creationist site therefore it holds no "water" no pun intended.
no, it is just clearly not proof in any way, shape or form of a global flood in the timespan of humanity, as your cult book clearly describes....

your cult lied to you...again...

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101917 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, lying creatard sites are not valid. Find real science that supports a universal flood. The sedimentary rocks do not support your claim. They show that they were deposited over hundreds of millions of years. If you are going to argue like an idiot, I will treat you like an idiot.
I supplied you with evidence.

I told you that you wouldn't like it....

There IS evidence of the Great Flood. Period.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101918 Oct 20, 2013
Since I figured that RR would be too lazy to meet the challenge I gave him I went and checked out his verses myself and found that I was right.

The challenge was to show where Jesus ever said that we were no longer under OT law. All he could find were some verses that might be interpreted to support his claim, but were definitely not said by Jesus.

Typical Christian fail.

St. Croix valley

#101919 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
But the fact still remains, other than life here on earth, you have no evidence. It is all about the evidence according to you.
why do you keep avoiding answering me about the fact that life here on Earth is verifiable proof of life in the universe? we are now just ling for more. we do not need to prove that life is out there, we know it is.

now where is your first teensy shred of proof for any god, gods, or goddesses?

funny how you keep dodging these facts you cannot possibly counter...

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101920 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he is using something that you and your side lack, he is using logic.
Absence of evidence is evidence of absence.

Lets use that same logic for ET. There have been no other signs of life other than here on earth even after the many years of space exploration, being to the moon and mars, looking out from Hubble etc etc but yet the conclusion is; it could be, may be, might be, a possibility, we think, probably, likely and we never know because we have no evidence saying it can't be true. LMFAO

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101921 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Chemistry is chemistry. If you want to claim that chemistry is different elsewhere it is up to you to prove it.
Other planets in the universe exist that are very similar to the Earth.
Logic says that life should evolve on those planets too.
You have no ability to think or reason logically.
You are the one that has made a claim. So I logically asked you for evidence to back it up.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101922 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Chemistry is chemistry. If you want to claim that chemistry is different elsewhere it is up to you to prove it.
Other planets in the universe exist that are very similar to the Earth.
Logic says that life should evolve on those planets too.
You have no ability to think or reason logically.
Why do you limit ET life only to Earth like planets?

That shows your narrow-mindedness.

There is zero evidence of ET life. None. But you still believe.

Imagine that.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101923 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Yup.
Then he'll post to wiki and say it's fact.
Wiki is handy. It is also fairly accurate. It is as accurate as the Encyclopedia Britannica. Wikipedia also has links to the articles that it was based upon.

The best creatards can do is to misquote articles and try to claim it supports their superstition.

St. Croix valley

#101924 Oct 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Word(Bill), can you predict the seconds, minutes, hours or time of your death? No! But the time is very very certain to occur, this is God for you.
no, that is biology and physics. there is not one single shred of evidence that even suggests maybe some god might possibly exist...not one shred.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101925 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, it is just clearly not proof in any way, shape or form of a global flood in the timespan of humanity, as your cult book clearly describes....
But it is hearsay, written by man. According to you that is evidence.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101926 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I always demand links.
I have not painted myself into a corner, nor have you provided any evidence. I am not doing your homework for you.
You demand links but never offer them yourself?

Amazing. Truly.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101927 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you didn't. You do not even know what scientific evidence is. You linked a lying creatard site. You provided no links to any science of any sort.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101928 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I always demand links.
If you always demand links then you should also always post links to your claims.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101929 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, lying creatard sites are not valid. Find real science that supports a universal flood. The sedimentary rocks do not support your claim. They show that they were deposited over hundreds of millions of years. If you are going to argue like an idiot, I will treat you like an idiot.
LMMFAO. I called that one to a tee. Ole Sub is predictable if you pay attention.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101930 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, it is just clearly not proof in any way, shape or form of a global flood in the timespan of humanity, as your cult book clearly describes....
I gave a link that offered up 18 different proofs of the Great Flood.

Why don't you focus on any of those? Afraid to be proven wrong?

Just like with SZ, you hate it that there is in fact evidence of it.

St. Croix valley

#101931 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
no, you gave no evidence for a global flood in the time of humans on Earth....

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#101933 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, that is biology and physics. there is not one single shred of evidence that even suggests maybe some god might possibly exist...not one shred.
And yet that physics nor biology can not accurately predict our end. Just admit your ignorance.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101934 Oct 20, 2013
RR, your so called "proof" started out with one of the oldest debunked claims of creatardism, that of "polystrate fossils". This article totally puts the lie to your nonsense:

http://tinyurl.com/2gclm9

It is from TalkOrigins. It is perhaps the best anti-creationism site. You would be hard pressed to find a creationist argument that is not thoroughly debunked by them. And they have references to the original peer reviewed science that their responses are based upon.

Peer review is a very powerful scientific tool that creationists avoid like the plague. The reason that they do so is that they know they are wrong.

St. Croix valley

#101935 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Absence of evidence is evidence of absence.
Lets use that same logic for ET. There have been no other signs of life other than here on earth even after the many years of space exploration, being to the moon and mars, looking out from Hubble etc etc but yet the conclusion is; it could be, may be, might be, a possibility, we think, probably, likely and we never know because we have no evidence saying it can't be true. LMFAO
you keep conveniently skipping over the fact that we have verifiable proof of life in this universe...

we have so far examined, well not really examined, briefly glanced at .0000000000000000001 % of the universe for life...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 4 min GoTrump 154,703
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 25 min One way or another 48,580
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 8 hr karl44 23,504
Richard Dawkins tells the truth 17 hr Timmee 9
Science News (Sep '13) 23 hr _Susan_ 3,985
Might life have spontaneously have started mill... Sun The Northener 642
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Dec 3 Aura Mytha 179,707
More from around the web