Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“God of War”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#100826 Oct 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. It can. Why do you doubt it? If a large enough asteroid/meteor hit's the sun in the right spot and forces it out of place a wee bit toward us, we'll be an inferno in a single rotation.
Anything is possible. You seem not to believe that to an extreme position but to each their own opinion.
What? an asteroid/ meteor forcing the sun to move? Jupiter isn't big enough for that, even if it were a solid planet.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#100827 Oct 10, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they can!
When the minor deity Yahweh wandered up the Mount of Gods and shouted "Behold, I am the ONLY God", the other Gods died laughing
-(Nietzsche, paraphrased)
or like when people quit believing in Pan and he faded away...

(Tom Robbins, "Jitterbug Perfume", paraphrased)

Minnesota's North Coast

#100828 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you dodged the time question again
i see you dodged the rational explanations i gave you for the whackjob sites you put so much stock in....why is that?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#100829 Oct 10, 2013
Funny how I got peanuts and clueless tags for suggesting that the ancients had imaginations.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#100830 Oct 10, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, you have none.
<quoted text>
But *YOU* know it can do anything at all.
<quoted text>
You've just proven it again.
<quoted text>
That's OK. We're used to idiots laughing uncontrollably when confronted with things way over their heads.
What's humorous is how you get all pissy faced like a little child when someone calls you on your ideology that you believe some invisible intelligence the rest of us have no connection to, tells you what the earth's potentials are for causing havoc and what it's potentials aren't. You're nothing but another name for a creationist as you also believe in an invisible intelligence that give you knowledge no one else knows. Nice job as usual.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#100831 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i see you dodged the rational explanations i gave you for the whackjob sites you put so much stock in....why is that?
You never gave one. You must first give one if you want it addressed. lol

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100832 Oct 10, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Wow.... I actually feel embarrassed for you.
Really? It was a hypothesis, a pretend scenario for the sake of an argument and nothing more. And you took it seriously? You should feel really embarrassed for yourself, not me.

Minnesota's North Coast

#100833 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You never gave one. You must first give one if you want it addressed. lol
Sure i did, but certaqinly didn't expect from you anything other than the childish retort you just gave...

i gave very rational explanations for the things your little mind couldn't seem to grasp...

Minnesota's North Coast

#100834 Oct 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? It was a hypothesis, a pretend scenario for the sake of an argument and nothing more. And you took it seriously? You should feel really embarrassed for yourself, not me.
See, and i thought he meant for the entirety of your posts...not just that one.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100835 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Sure i did, but certaqinly didn't expect from you anything other than the childish retort you just gave...
i gave very rational explanations for the things your little mind couldn't seem to grasp...
As I told you spend less time on topix and more time on Discovery and NG you will find that they are not whacked out made up BS.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100836 Oct 10, 2013
Tick, Chimney, Sub, Dan, Aura, Mike F and anyone else. Pick one or more and run with it. Let's see what you got.

How Gravity Works. Saying you throw shyt up, it comes down again won’t work as an answer. Out of the four fundamental forces gravity is the weakest one. So how does it actually work?

How a Bicycle Works. Hint it is not the gyroscopic effect.

Why Ice Is Slippery? Humans as a species knew ice was slippery before we knew fire was hot, or even existed. So why is it slippery?

Now pick one or more and give a plausible tested scientific explanation of it/them on how/why. Don’t be shy now. Who will be first to step up.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100837 Oct 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
They take all hypothesis seriously. Well as long as science makes the hypothesis they take it seriously and literately.

Minnesota's North Coast

#100838 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
As I told you spend less time on topix and more time on Discovery and NG you will find that they are not whacked out made up BS.
maybe if you spent less time drooling in front of the boob tube, you would be able to tell that they are.

are you freakin serious? even the sasquatch hunters think you are insane to buy into this ridiculous crap!

Minnesota's North Coast

#100839 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Tick, Chimney, Sub, Dan, Aura, Mike F and anyone else. Pick one or more and run with it. Let's see what you got.
How Gravity Works. Saying you throw shyt up, it comes down again won’t work as an answer. Out of the four fundamental forces gravity is the weakest one. So how does it actually work?
How a Bicycle Works. Hint it is not the gyroscopic effect.
Why Ice Is Slippery? Humans as a species knew ice was slippery before we knew fire was hot, or even existed. So why is it slippery?
Now pick one or more and give a plausible tested scientific explanation of it/them on how/why. Don’t be shy now. Who will be first to step up.
how a bicycle works, you push the pedals around and that drives the chain which turns the wheels...

you do know the scientific theory for gravity, don't you? you can look it up. do you have a better explanation than that one?

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100840 Oct 10, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course we "can" explain it. The problem is, all we have is a series of skulls showing the increasing brain size over about 3 million years. So our explanations are speculation.
But we do know that the apes that became hominids were subjected to some dramatic environmental changes and that in such a situation, its change or die. We can see what some of those changes were, and we can spend all day speculating about what mattered and what did not. We have many such explanations, some plausible, but hard to determine because the evidence is not likely to ever be found.
Still there is nothing magical about the theory. Just wonderful.
I took the following from a site as it said it better than I could but also stated my own thoughts concerning the issue.

http://www.allaboutscience.org/evolution-of-t...
As with other complex biological features, scientists explain the evolution of the human brain through natural selection....
Scientists explain the apparent change and diversity of most biological systems through naturalistic evolution. The generally accepted theory is that small, random changes in an organism sometimes provide an advantage....
The response used by scientists to explain the evolution of the human brain involves a "fast evolution" scheme.....
Scientists have experienced problems when applying the normal methods of evolution to the human brain. Paleontologists and neurologists have noted that there is little to no notable difference between the brains of modern humans and so-called Neanderthals, other than a slight change in size. Given the supposedly significant differences in intelligence, social structure, and physical features, this seems strange. Those studying this field admit as much. The coordination required between the brain and the body is another. The development of the human brain is one of the biggest unsolved mysteries for evolution....

I disagree that it can be explained. I agree what we examine can be explained in theory. But explaining why modern humans took off like a rocket shot off concerning the evolution of their thinking process, it remains an unknown with a lot of theories.

Minnesota's North Coast

#100841 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
They take all hypothesis seriously. Well as long as science makes the hypothesis they take it seriously and literately.
It was not a hypothesis. you clearly do not know what that word means.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100842 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>maybe if you spent less time drooling in front of the boob tube, you would be able to tell that they are.
are you freakin serious? even the sasquatch hunters think you are insane to buy into this ridiculous crap!
Are you really so afraid to research Discovery and NG? Both are very reputable names that science works with. Are you afraid what you might learn or what you might find out?

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100843 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>It was not a hypothesis. you clearly do not know what that word means.
let me take a guess,<<<<<< well heck would you look at that. I said what it means without even knowing it. LMAO

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100844 Oct 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What? an asteroid/ meteor forcing the sun to move? Jupiter isn't big enough for that, even if it were a solid planet.
Jupiter's a gas planet. It would burn up before it hit the corona of the sun more than likely. In theory I was speaking of an metor (more than an asteroid which is ice and would melt) of a substantially large size that would penetrate to the interior of the sun. But as I stated it was a hypothetical theory not to be taken literal. I was making a hypothetical point of the earth.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100845 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how a bicycle works, you push the pedals around and that drives the chain which turns the wheels...
you do know the scientific theory for gravity, don't you? you can look it up. do you have a better explanation than that one?
I said give a plausible tested scientific answer. I could have gotten a better answer than what you gave from a kindergarten class. Evidently you have no clue and don't know what the gyroscopic effect is. Take some time, go read and come back and try again. You hopefully won't look so foolish next time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 9 min One way or another 16,864
Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 2 hr One way or another 176,967
Birds Evolved From Dinosaurs Slowly—Then Took Off 2 hr Dogen 23
Creationism isn't a science and doesn't belong ... 2 hr Dogen 714
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 3 hr Dogen 141,003
Dr. James P. Allison, presidential candidate Dr... 4 hr paul porter 3
An atheistic view on evolution vs. a godly view... 4 hr DanFromSmithville 1,396
More from around the web