Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#100777 Oct 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> This is stupid and you know that. God the almighty has no creator.
Point out the logical difference between

"God has no creator"

And

"The multiverse has no creator"

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#100778 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet not one shred of evidence for any higher intelligence...
Explain the carvings and statues in the links. Oh that is right you can't. You are afraid of what you can't explain huh?

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#100779 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain the carvings and statues in the links. Oh that is right you can't. You are afraid of what you can't explain huh?
it certainly isn't evidence for any higher intelligence.

you really are cult mentality personified, aren't you?

Minnesota's North Coast

#100780 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you so surprised that stories of elephants survived from those people's ancestors? they are quite amazing animals, the stories would be fantastic and long lived!

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100781 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> it certainly isn't evidence for any higher intelligence.
you really are cult mentality personified, aren't you?
I never said it was. What I said was These people back then did not know of or had seen elephants, flying ships or spacemen and other things but yet had carvings/relics of them.

You nor science nor anyone can explain it so it scares you. You would rather ignore it since it can't be explained.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100782 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why are you so surprised that stories of elephants survived from those people's ancestors? they are quite amazing animals, the stories would be fantastic and long lived!
LOL why did you avoid the flying ship and spacemen artifacts? Surely those stories too were passed down to them from their ancestors. Those types of artifacts have been found/seen in many cultures.

Minnesota's North Coast

#100783 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it was. What I said was These people back then did not know of or had seen elephants, flying ships or spacemen and other things but yet had carvings/relics of them.
You nor science nor anyone can explain it so it scares you. You would rather ignore it since it can't be explained.
their ancestors came from Asia where...guess what? they have elephants there!

don't all ancient societies' gods come from the sky? the most unknown place in their world?

i think we are done here...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#100784 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of it looks merely like confirmation bias by the authors.

For example the pieces of jewelry that were called wrist watches simply because they were round and on the wrist.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Long Beach

#100785 Oct 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> There is a big dichotomy between God and gods. Living and dead are not the same.
Charles, neither YOU or ANYBODY else has been able to demonstrate that there is a real God such as you believe in.

Until he can be proven by independent means he remains a myth.

Great that you have faith and all, but a shame you miss out on so much knowledge.

Minnesota's North Coast

#100786 Oct 10, 2013
actually bothered to look at the links...

man are those people effed up! what a bunch of loonies...

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100787 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>their ancestors came from Asia where...guess what? they have elephants there!
don't all ancient societies' gods come from the sky? the most unknown place in their world?
Yep when all you have is nothing but dodges, we are done.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100788 Oct 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
For example the pieces of jewelry that were called wrist watches simply because they were round and on the wrist.
And I thought you could take things out of context. They said a "Rolex". They just were being silly and added a little joke in the story but it went over your head. lol

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100789 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>their ancestors came from Asia where...guess what? they have elephants there!
And here again we were talking about the spaceships and astronaut looking men and all you can do is babble about God or Gods. I bet you even mumble the word God in your sleep. LOL

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100790 Oct 10, 2013
What I see and find amusing is the creationists are scared of what can't be explained from their God view and the evolutionists are scared of what can't be explained from their science view. So both go on the attack of each other. It is almost like a Jerry Springer episode. LOL

By the wy tick, where did time come from? Keep in mind the universe was already there it was just compressed. So during this compression did time exist or did time exist before hand when the universe got compressed?

Minnesota's North Coast

#100791 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And here again we were talking about the spaceships and astronaut looking men and all you can do is babble about God or Gods. I bet you even mumble the word God in your sleep. LOL
no sensible person would think of spaceships when seeing those pictures...

like all ancient societies, they were creating myths to explain what they didn't know...

Minnesota's North Coast

#100792 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep when all you have is nothing but dodges, we are done.
not one dodge at all, clear, sensible explanations that you asked for.

now your post was definitely a dodge in that you could not counter my sensible, rational explanation, could you?

why is that?

Minnesota's North Coast

#100793 Oct 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure people capable of interstellar travel would still be wearing wrist watches...

even people in our day and age aren't wearing them anymore...

i wonder what people would have thought it was before wrist watches were invented here...maybe a ummmm...bracelet....

Minnesota's North Coast

#100794 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
What I see and find amusing is the creationists are scared of what can't be explained from their God view and the evolutionists are scared of what can't be explained from their science view. So both go on the attack of each other. It is almost like a Jerry Springer episode. LOL
By the wy tick, where did time come from? Keep in mind the universe was already there it was just compressed. So during this compression did time exist or did time exist before hand when the universe got compressed?
no, dear, what is truly amusing is that you actually think these whackjob websites are even worthy of rational discussion.

u are truly loony tunes...not a brain in your head.

(i'm sure you'll just say you are "playing stupid' again...huh?)

sheesh!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#100795 Oct 10, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And yet no solid proofs to counter his existence to date.
No such proofs are required.

You make or endorse an outrageous claim - you need to supply evidence.

"I have leprechauns in my garden" is a claim. Before anyone else believes it, I need to provide evidence.

You cannot.

Level 3

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#100796 Oct 10, 2013
I only believe in creation because my ancestors said so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) 36 min dirtclod 178,114
News Darwin on the rocks (Sep '14) 2 hr Dogen 909
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 hr Dogen 17,917
Are Asians/whites more evolved? (Sep '07) Mar 26 Dogen 1,714
News Another Successful Prediction of Intelligent De... Mar 26 MikeF 1
News Intelligent Design: Corey Lee Mar 25 Paul Porter1 1
News Evolution debate vote (Mar '09) Mar 25 MikeF 3,394
More from around the web