Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 174077 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#100206 Sep 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, my mistake. I'll try to be more precise in the future.

"More bullshit the the arrogant turd Tzar."

Is that better?
Well mike lets look at you post.

Nothing there mike kind of like your head.
Level 1

Location hidden

#100207 Sep 27, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>More bullshit the the arrogant turd Tzar.
Let us look and yet another post from the guitar man.

Nope not seeing anything here at all either mike.

Mike does that guitar suppose to make you look cool?
Level 1

Location hidden

#100208 Sep 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>O hai KJV! I notice you still have to lie in order to have an argument.
No lie milk dud.
Level 1

Location hidden

#100209 Sep 27, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>That may be so, but since I have no idea who this "Hawkings" guy is it doesn't matter. As for Stephen Hawking, it's not possible for him to disagree with me if I agree with him. Otherwise if you're referring to the quotemine Kong caught you out on and which I have also addressed since then, that's just you lying again.(shrug)
You don't know Stephen Hawkings is?

“Input”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Input

#100210 Sep 27, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a lie. I have evidence.
flush

“Input”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Input

#100211 Sep 27, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
eww flush
Level 1

Location hidden

#100212 Sep 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>I see you have in no way attempted to counter my discussion but simply stamped your foot and spouted irrelevant lies. Tell me, you wouldn’t happen to be a funnymentalist would you?

You know, I really feel for those guys, it must be terribly difficult living by the ignorance of such faith in today’s world of knowledge.

Why be sorry? Just because the known laws of physics break down at a particular point is no excuse to guess and claim victory. Because that is all you are doing, putting your faith in the guesswork of a bunch of stoned mystics, goat herders and escaped slaves who lived in the bronze age. You are betting your faith on the guess that some how those guys living more than 4000 years ago knew more about the universe than modern science does. Note, this was a universe that was seen as pinned to the dome of the sky that revolved around the earth. You are betting your faith on a book that is at best a poor translation of the original which has then been edited at whim and compiled and recompiled, not from original material but what best suits the belief a particular scribe, monk, church or monarch of the day. The history of the babble, both OT and NT is really too colourful to have spawned so much belief. This of course makes the three abrahamic religions a lie from start to finish.

You may not have the ability to comprehend science but again that is no excuse to make up lies for your god. Science is not invoking anything, there are rules ‘that you keep harping on about’ to prevent your lying claims, they contradict your lies rather then strengthen your stance. Unlike godbots and funnymentalist, science freely admits that not all answers are unknowable. This is where your argument with science starts, because you claim by special pleading (magic) to know the answers that are unknowable. Without such a claim your belief is as worthless to you as it is to anyone else. You attempt to grab the moral high ground by lying about what you know and what you guess and what science is and what you want science to be.(P.S. look up the meaning of the word moral)

However the laws of mathematics do not break down, The work of Dr Param Singh et al allows before the event to be modelled if not in fact then in figures. OK, you can’t understand that either and it is no doubt way beyond you so perhaps it foot stomping time again. But guess what? No god involved there either.

The work of Dr Mersini-Houghton, which uses the above mentioned mathematics and the factual and evidential properties known of the universe is, I believe, the best model yet for what happened before the big bang. Not only does it make sense but it accounts for all of the anomalies measured and observed and there is no guesswork involved.

Or then again, you build a religion out of a bronze age guess, it’s your life to believe what you want, the point being that belief is not fact
I can't help but be sorry for you.

You blindly follow people who make claims of impossible events by playing the "laws of physics break down here" card. You must know that the laws of physics are etched in stone and don't just disappear every time scientist need to explain the impossible.

One thing explains the impossible.

"before the Big Bang"
Umm no such thing in science, time started with the Big Bang or some say. Mili second after the BB. So there can be no before the BB. Polly will tell you all about that.

"particular scribe, monk, church or monarch of the day"

Monk. I love that show.
Level 1

Location hidden

#100213 Sep 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>flush?
Nope 4 of a kind.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#100215 Sep 27, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing my friend.

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

person's mouth broke his nose.

#100216 Sep 27, 2013
I made a comment the other day for everyone to drop all the BS and show proof/evidence for what everyone claims from legitimate sites but I was hit with negative judgits. I think both sides lack in evidence and just have words, faith in what they believe and what they have been fed to back up what they say.

“I can never convince the ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

stupid that they are stupid.

#100217 Sep 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Out searching for missing links and I found where science says they have found a new one.
Scientists come face to face with evolution's missing link
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/sci...
So you have made this erroneous claim multiple times today on different threads. ROFLMMFAO!!!

Level 9

#100218 Sep 28, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't help but be sorry for you.
You blindly follow people who make claims of impossible events by playing the "laws of physics break down here" card. You must know that the laws of physics are etched in stone and don't just disappear every time scientist need to explain the impossible.
One thing explains the impossible.
"before the Big Bang"
Umm no such thing in science, time started with the Big Bang or some say. Mili second after the BB. So there can be no before the BB. Polly will tell you all about that.
"particular scribe, monk, church or monarch of the day"
Monk. I love that show.
You really don't understand science do you. You see it in terms of your own feeble understanding of your belief system and figure that must be how it is. You are the one that is sad.

Level 9

#100219 Sep 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing my friend.
Hello Word. That sums it up completely.

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

person's mouth broke his nose.

#100220 Sep 28, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>So you have made this erroneous claim multiple times today on different threads. ROFLMMFAO!!!
Again learn to read,,,, "Professor Long agreed, describing the discovery as the most exciting find since the Lucy skeleton was unearthed in Ethiopia in 1974. OHHHH what was Lucy,,,, uhmmm that is right she was a missing link,,,, DUMB @SS!!! LMAO

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/sci...

Level 9

#100221 Sep 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again learn to read,,,, "Professor Long agreed, describing the discovery as the most exciting find since the Lucy skeleton was unearthed in Ethiopia in 1974. OHHHH what was Lucy,,,, uhmmm that is right she was a missing link,,,, DUMB @SS!!! LMAO
You saying Lucy is called a "missing link" is not the same as science claiming it and using that article as evidence of such claims. Your argument doesn't hold up.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#100222 Sep 28, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit trying to cover your lame ass.

You were asking stupid questions about Lucy based upon a find that you did not understand.
Camilla

United States

#100223 Sep 28, 2013
interesting article
- they don't know though if Lucy fished; but she did walk upright

Yes, an Evolutionary tie in made possible by Creation
- can't have one without the other

(sort of like - fish n chips) w/out vinegar

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#100224 Sep 28, 2013
Croco_Duck wrote:
So why is it that Moses had to lay down the rules of what animals were OK to eat and which weren't to the Israelites, but everyone else gets to eat bacon? Why doesn't the laws of Leviticus 11 apply to Christians?
Hmmm! the old law are not longer applicable to christians. We are now in the new dispensations. Jesus was and is to come.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#100225 Sep 28, 2013
Hmmm! some little typos. I meant no longer.
SEEK TRUTH

Spring, TX

#100226 Sep 28, 2013
REVELATION has to do with CHRISTIANITY AND the Body of Chris, THE TRUE BELIEVERS of the NEW TESTAMENT (NOT a Person(S), a WORLD institution or gods) 18

18 After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory. 2 And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying,

Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird! 3 For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her,

and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min Critical Eye 20,909
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 3 hr Chimney1 143,952
News Intelligent design 12 hr Critical Eye 25
News Should evolution be taught in high school? (Feb '08) Thu Igor Trip 178,702
Science News NOT related to evolution (Jul '09) Sep 2 macumazahn 1,248
News Pastafarians rejoice! Deep sea creature floatin... Sep 2 karl44 1
Satan's Lies and Scientist Guys (Sep '14) Sep 2 dollarsbill 14
More from around the web