Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 210049 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Godlust

Orland Park, IL

#98872 Aug 27, 2013
Tinka wrote:
I just wonder who's the biggest spinner in Science facts in creation?
Uhhhm how would someone honestly answer that?
Creation?
So, something created and then what happens to that revert or what for old people to wear diapers again to a back wards or (as well of an opposing a position?
We got your number Tinkerbell. You waited for the nightwatchman to go for lunch....you released the straight jacket...removed the IV seditive......crawled to the computer on his desk and rambled like a caged human animal........its ok....God made you that way....in his likeness....

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#98873 Aug 27, 2013
Seek Truth wrote:
World Stock market
Privacy rights for private investors
Recent Earthquakes/iris sciiemic
New world order
Texts
White powder. In private and public companies
WTF??? I think you turned left when you should have turned right at the forum entrance and now you are lost.
Seek Truth

Spring, TX

#98874 Aug 27, 2013
m e x I c o DF
Guadalupe, Victoria
Guerrero
Seek Truth

Spring, TX

#98875 Aug 27, 2013
Dream MexicoDF

Clean and go in with same thinking
Morning, noon, evening

China,
QC, QA

Brazil
QA,QC think china stock
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#98876 Aug 27, 2013
Pottery is probably the commonest find on most archaeological sites. In most circumstances organic material will decay and metals corrode. Potsherds tend to be more stable. For this reason archaeologists frequently use fragments of pottery as an aid to help them date their sites.
Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#98877 Aug 27, 2013
Archaeomagnetic dating of Rock - Clay lined fire hearths take on a magnetic moment pointing to the North Pole each time they are fired and then cool. The position of the North Pole for the last time the fire hearth was used can be determined and compared to charts of known locations and dates[1]

“Help religion science wander”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

into the night.

#98878 Aug 27, 2013
Tinka wrote:
malar hey?
I despise enemies if I had them I would despise them that is...
What an Enemy to one's own state of mind could be?
Not to let it become so...malerei und Tusche farben to one's eye some still have not for got something too...
Oh well if you were painted ai I mean if you were to paint something you could use your fingers and toes too...
MAn lucjy uhhh maybe I am a bit sleepy seems my spelling is getting off...
Sometime I am my own worst enemy it would seem. Nothing to paint on silk about or even write more than this.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#98879 Aug 27, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Pottery is probably the commonest find on most archaeological sites. In most circumstances organic material will decay and metals corrode. Potsherds tend to be more stable. For this reason archaeologists frequently use fragments of pottery as an aid to help them date their sites.
"The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences reported that pottery that dates back to 17,000-18,000 years ago in the Yuchanyan Cave in southern China has been found, making it among the earliest pottery yet found. According to Science, pottery dating from 20,000 years ago were also found at the Xianrendong Cave site, in Jiangxiprovince.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_ceramics

I've heard that some pottery in Japan has been dated to 17,000 to 18,000 Years ago.

Seems the peoples of the Pacific Rim (Japan, Korea, China) were years ahead of the Middle East

“Proud Member”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#98881 Aug 27, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences reported that pottery that dates back to 17,000-18,000 years ago in the Yuchanyan Cave in southern China has been found, making it among the earliest pottery yet found. According to Science, pottery dating from 20,000 years ago were also found at the Xianrendong Cave site, in Jiangxiprovince.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_ceramics
I've heard that some pottery in Japan has been dated to 17,000 to 18,000 Years ago.
Seems the peoples of the Pacific Rim (Japan, Korea, China) were years ahead of the Middle East
That could possibly mean civilization started earlier in the East than it did in the mid east.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#98882 Aug 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
That could possibly mean civilization started earlier in the East than it did in the mid east.
I think they have found eggs with stoppers in them far older than that in Africa. that would be like the most primitive form of pottery around...the start of a civilization?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#98883 Aug 27, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know.
So what is wrong with saying "we don't know"?
One other thing. We are trying to find out, using a methodology (observation and logic) that has worked pretty damned well up until now.
You on the other hand seem to accept a pat answer i.e. Goddidit, but with absolutely no backing other than ancient goat-herders with visions claimed Godidit. They also claimed serpents talked, dove's blood cures leprosy, God told them to commit genocide, and that their supposed omniscient God could feel regret.
mmmm. Shouldn't be too hard to decide which way to bet.
Oh wait, I forgot.
The men with visions promised you would get to live forever if you believed their malarkey. That changes everything.
There is nothing wrong with saying we don't know. I was calling woodtick out for his comment of "no, you clearly do not even come close to understanding the big bang theory, in fact, it states that everything was already there."
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

So I simply asked him "What actually was there before the TBB? Use detail"!
Sheri

Reading, PA

#98884 Aug 27, 2013
MAYBE WE WERE ALL MONKIES. LOL
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98885 Aug 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>I think they have found eggs with stoppers in them far older than that in Africa. that would be like the most primitive form of pottery around...the start of a civilization?
Sure

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#98886 Aug 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be the expert on time and space. Your biggest thing is singularity! Maybe time and space already existed long before the big bang but got compressed smaller (like going from one end of the hour glass to the other. The smallness it has to cross to become into largeness again) and time was still there, just slowed. Maybe the big bang was space re-expanding again. Then there would be no singularity now would there? If you think it is not a possibility, show evidence.

St. Croix valley

#98887 Aug 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing wrong with saying we don't know. I was calling woodtick out for his comment of "no, you clearly do not even come close to understanding the big bang theory, in fact, it states that everything was already there."
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
So I simply asked him "What actually was there before the TBB? Use detail"!
everything was there. all the energy that turned into all the matter our universe contains.

not a hard concept to grasp...

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#98888 Aug 27, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>everything was there. all the energy that turned into all the matter our universe contains.
not a hard concept to grasp...
Show your evidence of what was there and where it came from. If you can't then you are no better than someone saying God was always there because we just know.

St. Croix valley

#98889 Aug 27, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>Sure
check the Ostriches and humans section...

facts are fun! stupidity is your forte...(silent 'e', please...)
Sheri

Reading, PA

#98890 Aug 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to be the expert on time and space. Your biggest thing is singularity! Maybe time and space already existed long before the big bang but got compressed smaller (like going from one end of the hour glass to the other. The smallness it has to cross to become into largeness again) and time was still there, just slowed. Maybe the big bang was space re-expanding again. Then there would be no singularity now would there? If you think it is not a possibility, show evidence.
That's deep man, heavy bro.

St. Croix valley

#98891 Aug 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Show your evidence of what was there and where it came from. If you can't then you are no better than someone saying God was always there because we just know.
if you did actually know anything about the big bang theory you would have the evidence. thank you for pointing out that my earlier statement claiming you know nothing of the big bang theory you speak of so often was factually correct.

it is always easier when others prove my points for me...

research, then post....
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#98892 Aug 27, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not thought this thru have you?
If this was even possible,(not)it would require you to accept certain assumptions I think you would find unwilling to concede.

Do you know who developed the bouncing universe theory?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Evolution Debate Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 1 hr It aint necessari... 152,298
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 2 hr Brian_G 20,324
Science News (Sep '13) 5 hr positronium 3,625
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 14 hr SoE 45,560
America evolving into lockdown on purpose Sep 25 Dogen 68
New law to further hatred towards police Sep 24 One way or another 4
Hillary, a taco stand on every corner Sep 24 One way or another 4
More from around the web